Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 NFL season - Week 17 thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Is Romo calling the Rams/Cardinals? Thought he was CBS/AFC?

Not complaining though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

What will Chicago do with Trubisky? They didn’t pick up his option and he is not worth tagging, do you just let him walk away? The talent is there from what I’ve seen but it’s consistency that’s missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Kev8360

Bears are better with Trubisky but he reminds me a lot of Tony Romo. when there is no pressure on him he plays well but once the stakes go up I don't feel he has what it takes to get the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,901 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Oh my God that was cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,299 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Oh he definitely deserved his benching, and coaching staffs (staves?!) normally don't draft a Hurts if they have confidence in their man.

Not sure how the Eagles get him off their books though.

It seems he wants a trade or so the rumour is. If he wants to leave then let him. Nick foles has a statue outside the linc, wentz doesn’t and I honestly think it still bugs him.

• Advertisement

Some interesting games tonight. Where do people see Justin Herbert being in the rookie of the year vote ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Not complaining though.

He's out due to covid, so it's Boomer Esiason calling that game. Sounds very like Romo though, at least to my ears.

Kev8360 wrote: »
    Bears are better with Trubisky but he reminds me a lot of Tony Romo. when there is no pressure on him he plays well but once the stakes go up I don't feel he has what it takes to get the win.

Yeah I'd agree with that. If you have a top qb and you're in a good situation where you need a td, you feel confident of him getting it. Trubs you're kind of anticipating a mistake or just a flat play.

And if derick Henry gets to 2,000 yards rushing which seeing as the Texans have closed the score will mean he might get there. He will join OJ simpson, Eric dickerson, Barry sanders, Jamal Lewis, Adrian Peterson, Terrell Davis, and Chris Johnson. That’s some lofty company.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    He's out due to covid, so it's Boomer Esiason calling that game. Sounds very like Romo though, at least to my ears.

Yeah a few times it sound like Romo.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Some interesting games tonight. Where do people see Justin Herbert being in the rookie of the year vote ?

yep I can see him winning - Edwards Helaire and Claypool have been very good but Herbert looks like a franchise QB.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »

He's definitely doing his best Romo impersonation.

And if derick Henry gets to 2,000 yards rushing which seeing as the Texans have closed the score will mean he might get there. He will join OJ simpson, Eric dickerson, Barry sanders, Jamal Lewis, Adrian Peterson, Terrell Davis, and Chris Johnson. That’s some lofty company.

Especially in today's NFL. Hope he does it.

It seems he wants a trade or so the rumour is. If he wants to leave then let him. Nick foles has a statue outside the linc, wentz doesn’t and I honestly think it still bugs him.

No one is trading for that contract unless the Eagles bundle a high (high) draft pick with it.

The Osweiler situation.

I know I probably go on about it a lot, and it's only peripherally related to football, but has any team ruined their uniforms as much as the Rams have? Every piece is horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

I thinks it’s between himself and Jefferson. Both would be worthy winners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Not complaining though.

Romo is out cos of covid protocols. Boomer took his place with Nantz.

Need a yard, go shotgun. Has nagy written all over it.

I know I probably go on about it a lot, and it's only peripherally related to football, but has any team ruined their uniforms as much as the Rams have? Every piece is horrible.

In a word no. They are horrific.

No one is trading for that contract unless the Eagles bundle a high (high) draft pick with it.

The Osweiler situation.

I was a wentz fan and still am kind of but it’s clear he doesn’t want to be a back up so I’m all for the eagles working something out because I don’t want any player on the eagles roster who doesn’t want to be there. I hope wentz sorts out whatever issues he has and gets back to his old self but it’s unlikely it’s in philly.

• Advertisement

The ticker flashed up on redzone earlier "Nagy expected to stay on next year" and I burst out laughing thinking of your good self!

The Osweiler situation.

Yes, although wentz is clearly a decent qb whereas osweiler was a joke.

I need a follow up!

The Osweiler situation.

Yes the contract is a huge problem and given his injury history it will take a desperate team to give up a 1st round pick and take on that salary.

Yes, although wentz is clearly a decent qb whereas osweiler was a joke.

A Super Bowl winning joke...

---

Wentz to Indy is what I want to see.

If Wentz really wants to get out of Philly can he not restructure the contract to lessen the heft for Indy and for Philly's cap hit?

I need a follow up!

Don't bother! You were right....

Shotgun on fourth again. Just take the field goal or at least threaten the sneak. ****ing nagy bull**** again.

I'm all for going for it on 4th down.... But up 3 on 4th and 11?

I have to see the analytics for that.... Can't be right.

Come on! Rodgers is dying to be intercepted tonight!

• Advertisement

I really wanted us to take the fg on that last fourth, have a feeling it'll bite is in the ass, but either way, going for a shotgun play AGAIN is just asking for failure. So annoyed that were pissing away the game on clever clogs ****e.

Advertisement