Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lowest fee bitcoin trading ?

• 29-12-2020 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Bitcoin trading fees seem high to me . I bought on Revolut recently and the fees were about 4% per transaction. I'm not prepared to buy again with those sort of fees. So I'd need bitcoin to gain about 8% before I'm in the money.

By comparison, with equity shares I'd expect to pay a fee of 50c per transaction regardless of the value of the transaction.

Anyone know the cheapest way to buy and sell BTC?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24 Lexio7

You can use Coinbase Pro (not Coinbase). Place an order on the exchange at your chosen price and wait for the order to execute.

https://help.coinbase.com/en/pro/trading-and-funding/trading-rules-and-fees/fees

You will need to deposit money to Coinbase 1st then transfer this money to the Coinbase Pro exchange.

I am not sure why you would use Revolut as you dont actually own the bitcoin and cannot transfer that bitcoin to your own wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Thelonious

Lexio7 wrote: »

I am not sure why you would use Revolut as you dont actually own the bitcoin and cannot transfer that bitcoin to your own wallet.

Thanks bud

I'm purely speculating on Bitcoin and i like to be able to trade in and out for low fees.

Advertisement