Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deleting people on Facebook…do you get offended?

Options
2»

Comments

• pgj2015 wrote: »
    If that is the case, why are you still on it?:confused:

I got locked out of my account for some reason so there’s fcuk all I can do to “deactivate” my account. I don’t think I’ve actively engaged with my own Facebook account in at least 7 years. Definitely posted here and there but that stopped well over 2 years ago, funnily enough iirc just before Zuckerberg was in big trouble with the US senate over the privacy concerns.

If it were down to me I’d deactivate it, well, years ago! Just can’t be arsed trying to regain access since there or not I don’t think it matters. Feel like either way trying to get Facebook to help with it would be worse than pulling teeth, I’d rather not stress over the pox.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,180 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I got locked out of my account for some reason so there’s fcuk all I can do to “deactivate” my account. I don’t think I’ve actively engaged with my own Facebook account in at least 7 years. Definitely posted here and there but that stopped well over 2 years ago, funnily enough iirc just before Zuckerberg was in big trouble with the US senate over the privacy concerns.

If it were down to me I’d deactivate it, well, years ago! Just can’t be arsed trying to regain access since there or not I don’t think it matters. Feel like either way trying to get Facebook to help with it would be worse than pulling teeth, I’d rather not stress over the pox.

Remember when facebook put out an article that if you werent on facebook, there was more of a chance you could be a serial killer lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

Could they have deleted their original account and then created a new one at a later date? I’ve done that a few times.

I actually recently deleted a few people and am considering deleting more. My thought process is to get rid of the people who I don’t or they don’t interact with as there is no purpose in being connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭bertsmom

I think I've around 25 friends on Facebook definitely less than 30. Consists of Family and close friends and a few businesses that I would like and be interested in their products and animal rescue pages.
    I don't accept friend requests from work colleagues or past acquaintances (if we needed to be in touch im sure we would have kept in touch) I'm quite a private person and have little interest in the everyday goings on of people.
    I sound really cold hearted but I would do anything for a friend or someone I know and love but I just am quite happy not bothering interacting or seeing a million pics of people's kids or holidays/dinners.

• NewMan1982 wrote: »
    Could they have deleted their original account and then created a new one at a later date? I’ve done that a few times.

I actually recently deleted a few people and am considering deleting more. My thought process is to get rid of the people who I don’t or they don’t interact with as there is no purpose in being connected.

I imagine not since I assume the OP searched for their Facebook profile and found the same one, albeit he was no longer friends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Apologies, I didn't mean for it to hurt. I just associate Facebook with people of my parents age. That said, I could be wrong - I don't use any social media as I don't give a damn about the banal details and opinions of others.

Boards is social media, brainiac!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

coinop wrote: »
    I know this is trivial, but I was reminded of an old friend recently who I hadn't thought of in years. I remember being connected with this person on Facebook but when I went to look them up I discovered they had unfriended me! The horror! Generally I don't understand when someone has 5000 friends and you're the only one they delete...It kind of hurts my feelings for a minute but then I cop on, laugh and move on with my life. :pac: Still though, I can't help wondering what was the straw that broke the camel's back. Especially considering I rarely post anything anymore and was pretty close with this friend back in the day. Admittedly, we hadn't spoken much in recent years due to living far apart.

What are some are the reasons you "unfriend" people for? Would you feel offended if someone unfriended you?

PS: The too-cool-for-Facebook brigade can scroll past this thread. No need to tell the world you deleted it years ago.

I deleted a friend a few years ago. He stopped using fb so not much point having him as a friend. Plus, he borrowed a substantial (to me) amount of money and only made a couple of half-arsed attempts at paying it back......€20, €30 etc so gave up and decided that I couldn't be bothered with him. Especially as I found out later that he had borrowed/stolen from others, to fund his coke habit.

Strangely, I got a fb message from him recently apologising (I think, cos I only read the preview) and a friend request. Seriously thinking of telling him to F off, but then again we were very close and helped each other through some hard times

• Registered Users Posts: 35 sam1986uk

I find that my ex-girlfriends have unfriended me just after I uploaded some of my beautiful holiday snaps from Cancun or Thailand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Pcgamer

I've deactivated my Facebook but kept messenger.

All it is advertising and bull****.

Advertisement