Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Society Timesheet

Options
  • 29-12-2020 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi guys, I am just wondering how your local society deals with the timesheet?

I’m a member of a society and the timesheet has caused some issues. It’s an open draw in most part but there are certain guys who don’t want to play with other guys and there are a few guys who are never split up. When I have mentioned about separating these guys up I’ve been told that if these guys are split that at least one of them won’t turn up and that will cause issue on the day.

I personally feel that if it’s not an open draw for absolutely everyone, then everyone should be able to choose their partners for that outing if they so wish.

I’m interested to hear how every other society deals with these issues.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

In normal times we'd have an open draw but if someone asks to be paired or placed for some reason like needing to get away early then we'd try to facilitate that.

This year the draw has had to be prearranged by me as Secretary. I put a committee member on each group for marking. Thereafter, I try to mix the groups up so that the same people are not playing together as other outings and everyone gets to know each other. Initially, as several members were new, I put them with people they knew but after a couple of outings, they were treated like everyone else.

We only have 18 and thankfully nobody minds playing with anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭cjfitz

Thanks. We normally have about 35-40. We always have had a prearranged timesheet. This year I think a lot of people got fed up with it, myself included.

Some of the committee are giving up their position for next year. I might take up a position as I have always enjoyed playing in the society. I’d like to make it more enjoyable for people but I guess there is no pleasing everyone no matter what way the timesheet is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,972 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

cjfitz wrote: »
    Thanks. We normally have about 35-40. We always have had a prearranged timesheet. This year I think a lot of people got fed up with it, myself included.

Some of the committee are giving up their position for next year. I might take up a position as I have always enjoyed playing in the society. I’d like to make it more enjoyable for people but I guess there is no pleasing everyone no matter what way the timesheet is done.

I did it for the boards society.
    You have to be ruthless, it’s to hard to listen to every request. Accommodate where possible.
    I was like above, spent a bit of time and did my best to make sure that the same guys weren’t playing together all the time and tried to get everyone to play with most of the other members at least once over the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭cjfitz

Thanks Seve.

Advertisement