Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do any LBS sell Cycliq Lights?

Options
  • 29-12-2020 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Happy Xmas to you all. Just wondering if you good lot know of any local LBS selling Cycliq lights? I got a nice one4all voucher and there are a good number of shops accepting them but I had a scan through some of the websites of the shops I recognise but none seem to stock them. I'll do a ring round in a few days.

Are they generally stocked in the shops?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Not generally stocked but they are out there...
    https://www.mccarthycycles.com/brands/cycliq/
    https://www.clarkesofcavan.ie/shop/cycling/accessories/cycliq-fly6-ce-generation-2/
    I got my Fly6 from CSS just over a year ago in one of their weekly online offers

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

Revolve in Gorey had them last time I was in. Almost certain I spotted them in Hollingsworth, Kilmacud, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

Hi folks, thanks a million for the info! Now if I was to just get one, do I want the front or rear.. hmm

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Front has far better image quality (at least of the original 2)

Cycliq themselves were doing a reasonably priced bundle for both including taxes/duty

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I got the original new one and the newer rear one. The rear one has failed twice (separate units) and the distributor in the UK refused a warranty replacement, thankfully the bike shop (CSS) honoured without quibble and refunded me. Their manager was quite pissed at the distributor and the camera as they had several returned that had water ingress and failure. The front one (also from CSS) is still gogn strong a few years later, battery isn't as good as it was but more than enough for my commute in and out a few days a week and still goes to back up light if the battery runs low. The charging cover came off and was lost. I emailed cycliq as I couldn't find anyone selling them. They threw a few charging and card covers in a bag (so i don't come back soon) into a Cycliq branded bidon (that was a nice surprise when it arrived). No cost bar shipping. Pretty happy with their direct customer service even if their UK distributor was sh1te.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭macken04

Can speak of the rear light - it’s useless. I wouldn’t buy another, have has nothing but problems and support is useless

CramCycle wrote: »
    I got the original new one and the newer rear one. The rear one has failed twice (separate units) and the distributor in the UK refused a warranty replacement, thankfully the bike shop (CSS) honoured without quibble and refunded me. Their manager was quite pissed at the distributor and the camera as they had several returned that had water ingress and failure. The front one (also from CSS) is still gogn strong a few years later, battery isn't as good as it was but more than enough for my commute in and out a few days a week and still goes to back up light if the battery runs low. The charging cover came off and was lost. I emailed cycliq as I couldn't find anyone selling them. They threw a few charging and card covers in a bag (so i don't come back soon) into a Cycliq branded bidon (that was a nice surprise when it arrived). No cost bar shipping. Pretty happy with their direct customer service even if their UK distributor was sh1te.

Some companies are a real pleasure to deal with, about 8 years ago I was trying to find a replacement strap for an older G-Shock watch mid 80's model I had since I was a kid I got from my dad. Got one of ebay and it was rubbish. So emailed Casio about it and a query about how to change the battery myself they offered me 2 straps for the cost of postage. What arrived was the straps, a battery, some plastic tools and some printed instructions that someone went to the trouble of doing up for me on how to replace the battery and strap.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

macken04 wrote: »
    Can speak of the rear light - it’s useless. I wouldn’t buy another, have has nothing but problems and support is useless

While I have had no issues with the rear light I recently had an issue with the front one and would agree - their customer support is 5h1te

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I have a rear original from kickstarter days. It still works but the battery is awful. I too lost the charging port cover, and they'd long since moved onto the nxt version from my basically test model. They offered me a hefty discount for a new one, which I didn;t take.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

CramCycle wrote: »

A major positive review for CSS I won a garmin watch from them which died 2 weeks after warranty ended and Garmin wouldn’t honour it but CSS took it back and replaced it for me despite it initially being a prize so no money it for them. Very good experience with their support.

• Advertisement
Advertisement