Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Treadmill advice

• 29-12-2020 8:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm currently in an apartment, ground floor and looking to get in a treadmill. Have never had one before or been a big fan of running, I am getting out a couple of times a week now for jogs and feel like if I have the facility there in the home with me I will be likely to use it more.

Looking for something relatively cheap but obviously of decent quality if anyone has model recommendations or shops online that are reliable and good to use I'd appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Hi all,

I'm currently in an apartment, ground floor and looking to get in a treadmill. Have never had one before or been a big fan of running, I am getting out a couple of times a week now for jogs and feel like if I have the facility there in the home with me I will be likely to use it more.

Looking for something relatively cheap but obviously of decent quality if anyone has model recommendations or shops online that are reliable and good to use I'd appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

For the price of a decent treadmill you could get the following, just a consideration when deciding.

- A good pair of running shoes
    - GPS watch
    - socks/shorts/hat/gloves/running light
    - strava subscription
    - the health benefits of running out in the fresh air daily
    - mental benefits of being outdoors and away from artificial light in the evenings

I could never part with that amount as a lump sum seeing all of the above you could get in it's place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭Acosta

Set it to a slight upwards gradient as its better for your knees.

Advertisement