Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I save an email?

Options
  • 29-12-2020 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭

I'd like to save an email, but want to save it just showing the right hand reading pane showing just the message itself & not the message pane showing all other inbox messages also.
    Im trying to use the 'Snip & Sketch' tool in Windows 10 to do this.
    Any suggestions on the type of snip to use that wont show up the message pane when I save the email I want?

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

I am me123 wrote: »
    I'd like to save an email, but want to save it just showing the right hand reading pane showing just the message itself & not the message pane showing all other inbox messages also.
    Im trying to use the 'Snip & Sketch' tool in Windows 10 to do this.
    Any suggestions on the type of snip to use that wont show up the message pane when I save the email I want?

Thank you!

Just print screen and paste it to paint, you can do what you want with it there

• Registered Users Posts: 21,633 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Both Yahoo mail and Gmail have a printer icon at the top of the email, which, if you press, will allow you to print the email itself. If you have PDF Creator or Print to PDF function available then I would do this.
    If you press 'Ctrl P' or select 'File, then Print' within Outlook, it will all you to do the same thing.

If you don't have 'Print to PDF' function available on your PC/Laptop, I would install it as it is very useful for storing docs you want to review but not edit or storing web pages etc for review offline.

• Site Banned Posts: 113 ✭✭Dunfyy

Copy and paste

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭I am me123

Would Window snip be a good option? I cant use full screen snip as I dont want other messages to appear also.
    After I snip the email I intend to save & upload it elsewhere.
    Suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Would Window snip be a good option? I cant use full screen snip as I dont want other messages to appear also.
    Suggestions?

If you paste to paint you can select and snip what you want

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,633 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Suggestions?

Did you read post 3?

Does this not work for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Just drag the message into Windows Explorer or Finder on a Mac and it will be saved as a file.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Or just do file > save as EmailtoKeep.msg in whatever location you wish, double clicking it will then open it in your email application.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭I am me123

Inquitus wrote: »
    Or just do file > save as EmailtoKeep.msg in whatever location you wish, double clicking it will then open it in your email application.

Thank you! That worked a treat!
    One more question is there any way of emptying the entire contents of a created folder at once, similarly to emptying a recycle bin?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Thank you! That worked a treat!
    One more question is there any way of emptying the entire contents of a created folder at once, similarly to emptying a recycle bin?

Click on one item in the folder. Press Ctrl+a to select everything. Double-check that you are sure you went to delete. Press the Delete button on keyboard.

• Advertisement
Advertisement