Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Theta Network

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

jonny_b wrote: »
    55k wow no playing around here! Fair play

I was considering leaving it but im gonna sit on the sidelines for a bit. Contemplating putting it into the Vesper staking pool. I have a small bit in it so ill see how ot goes over the next few days and make a decision on investing in it

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bosco12345

seannash wrote: »
    I was considering leaving it but im gonna sit on the sidelines for a bit. Contemplating putting it into the Vesper staking pool. I have a small bit in it so ill see how ot goes over the next few days and make a decision on investing in it

Theta will probably reach close to $20 this year, personally I'd hold but then again I dont have anything close to 55000 theta lol

****e lads realosed my mistake. T fuel!!!!! Not thetha 😂
    I wish i had 55k thetha 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Unearthly

:D

Still lovely though, won't be starving at the table ;)

Well played

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Jez was wondering that too haha. Yeah tfuel has made a nice return

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

bosco12345 wrote: »
    Theta will probably reach close to $20 this year, personally I'd hold but then again I dont have anything close to 55000 theta lol

i think thats minimum

Well just pulled out my 55k thetha. Its done very well for me 🙂

A bit early to pull out the tfuel though, no?

Mainnet 3.0 burning mechanisms are going to drive the price up or if not you'll be earning massive staking rewards anyway.

Personally theta and Tfuel are one of those projects where diamond hands are required. But I don't begrudge anyone taking profits!

Nicely played!

Theta is 10 times more expensive now than when I first bought but I'm still dca in heavily.

Irish_rat wrote: »
    A bit early to pull out the tfuel though, no?

Mainnet 3.0 burning mechanisms are going to drive the price up or if not you'll be earning massive staking rewards anyway.

Personally theta and Tfuel are one of those projects where diamond hands are required. But I don't begrudge anyone taking profits!

Nicely played!

Theta is 10 times more expensive now than when I first bought but I'm still dca in heavily.

You are probably right but with the profits I can convert the attic in time for summer which we hadn't planned to do for another 2 years. That plus I'm not 100% convinced that we will rally from here on in, Bitcoin hasn't managed to close out above the all time high and with the stock market in shambles, unemployment due to the pandemic and the fact I watched my gains cut in half before I pulled them out in 2018 I decided for the cowards way out :)

Seriously though I have been historically wrong about these things in the past so anybody reading please don't take this as some sort of FUD.

I still have a good pile of alts that I'm happy to let ride, perhaps I picked the wrong one to cash out though :)

You are probably right but with the profits I can convert the attic in time for summer which we hadn't planned to do for another 2 years. That plus I'm not 100% convinced that we will rally from here on in, Bitcoin hasn't managed to close out above the all time high and with the stock market in shambles, unemployment due to the pandemic and the fact I watched my gains cut in half before I pulled them out in 2018 I decided for the cowards way out :)

Seriously though I have been historically wrong about these things in the past so anybody reading please don't take this as some sort of FUD.

I still have a good pile of alts that I'm happy to let ride, perhaps I picked the wrong one to cash out though :)

How do you get the money out without alarms going off from the bank, tax man etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I decided for the cowards way out :)

Cowards way? You pulled out a profit and are using it for something. That to me is a win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

For anyone wondering re staking "not full amounts" it does scale on the daily rewards for Tfuel. So if you have for example 17000 staked and not 20000 you will get a proportional payout from what I see.

How do you get the money out without alarms going off from the bank, tax man etc?

Still sitting on the exchange. Gonna figure that one out in a bit 😂

Bitcoin hasn't managed to close out above the all time high

Literally within the hour of saying this 😂

Persinally havent cashed out anything yet but theres no way to avoid paying cgt unless you move abroad. Tax man will always win

bosco12345 wrote: »
    Persinally havent cashed out anything yet but theres no way to avoid paying cgt unless you move abroad. Tax man will always win

I live and work in the UK. Can I send it to my Irish account without paying any?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Hmm buy the dip or not?

I live and work in the UK. Can I send it to my Irish account without paying any?

Everything you need to know is here :)
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058157874/4/#post116556474

Timmaay wrote: »
    Hmm buy the dip or not?

Its looking on the next leg up but just dca. It could drop and could you imagine buying theta again around 3/4 euro would be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Timmaay wrote: »
    Hmm buy the dip or not?

Is it in a dip??
    I’ve had my eye on this since it was between 2/3 dollars. Been preoccupied with getting to half a bitcoin.
    I finally got a few grand to put on theta or Tfuel now. I’m probably being too hopeful it might drop to 5 usd? Also not sure to split between theta and refuel or just throw it on theta

Hmm decisions!

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    Is it in a dip??
    I’ve had my eye on this since it was between 2/3 dollars. Been preoccupied with getting to half a bitcoin.
    I finally got a few grand to put on theta or Tfuel now. I’m probably being too hopeful it might drop to 5 usd? Also not sure to split between theta and refuel or just throw it on theta

Hmm decisions!

Were probably due a market correction soon so I wouldn't be surprised to see it drop to those levels, but sure who knows. Personally I went 50/50 with Theta & Tfuel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Tfuel still dipping but thela slightly postive so I went with tfuel. Sold loopring to buy the tfuel, some random sh1tecoin that earned me 3x since August and I honestly couldn't tell you the 1st thing about it ha.

me personally would probably get 3-4 times more Theta than Tfuel in monetary terms if you are getting on now

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    me personally would probably get 3-4 times more Theta than Tfuel in monetary terms if you are getting on now

I'm back in Theta, 37 of them. I'll need 18k if I've to 4x my tfuel amount.

The moral of this story is never sell anything.

Will be interesting what movies Lionsgate will start to stream on Theta TV.
    Wont mind watching American Psycho and Blair Witch Project again.

https://twitter.com/THETAtv/status/1370510440854253574?s=20

Another patent approved this week. This could have been dragging on.
    U.S. patent number 16/10951675, “Methods and systems for blockchain incentivized data streaming and delivery over a decentralized network”, was granted on March 15th 2021. The applicant listed for this patent is Theta Labs, Inc., and the invention is credited to Mitchell C. Liu and Jieyi Long. This new patent focuses on the unsolved need to design an unique and trusted payment system powered by blockchain technology. It builds on Theta Labs US patent number 16/771524, “Methods and systems for a decentralized data streaming and delivery network” that was granted on September 8, 2020, which laid the groundwork for a hybrid peer-to-peer network implementation on top of a CDN comprised of viewer nodes, edge cacher nodes and tracker servers.

Interesting video with Wes, not much given away but he believes network will go to the millions.

Price is hanging just under 6 euros, can't wait to load the paycheck in to stack more before it becomes impossible to buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

Up 18% today to $8.25

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Daithi40

Been increasing my bag every couple of days.... now have 5 x amount....thanks again for the heads up on this one, much appreciated

fingers crossed

Daithi40 wrote: »
    Been increasing my bag every couple of days.... now have 5 x amount....thanks again for the heads up on this one, much appreciated

fingers crossed

Keep adding this is only the start.

Wish it didn't pump so much want to add more to the bag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

Genuinely, do you think this is only the start? I have sfa but happy to let it ride another while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

I have some theta and tfuel (because it was advised here!). I bought in on theta a month ago around $3.
    What do ye think it can possibly reach? (In other words, is $8/9 too much to be adding more?)

Connie

• Advertisement

connie147 wrote: »
    I have some theta and tfuel (because it was advised here!). I bought in on theta a month ago around $3.
    What do ye think it can possibly reach? (In other words, is $8/9 too much to be adding more?)

Connie

I was thinking maybe $5-6 was a max buy in price for a 3x gains this year but I'd say 3x is well achievable this yr at $8

Advertisement