Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Theta Network

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭quinneerr

I don't hold Rose
    I am not Dirk
    I have noticed a clique of uses here who reinforce each others decision to purchase total šhit coins, a few dissenting posts pop up in the discussions and are drowned out by the bag holders rushing to defend their bags, it's a hive mind in action, Boards of a feather flock together.
    By all means hold them bags, but at least justify why you believe they will soar in price and refute any criticism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

Rose actually made a fairly big climb today

Beverly Hills, California

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Another validator added to the network with 2 million Theta staked.
    Hollywood Powerhouse CAA Joins Blockchain Video Network Theta

GettyImages-1228023665-710x458.jpeg?format=webp

Top talent and sports agency Creative Artists Agency (CAA) has joined Theta to help with governance and validation of its blockchain-based video delivery network.

CAA will work alongside seven other external Theta Enterprise Validator and Governance Council members, including Google, Samsung and Sony, as well as major private equity and cryptocurrency firms.

The membership means CAA will run a validator node and help ensure the robustness of the network, Theta announced in a press release on Thursday.

Theta sets out to enable video platform clients to earn more revenue and reduce delivery costs. Users are rewarded for sharing bandwidth to help relay video on a peer-to-peer basis. It also has an non-fungible token (NFT) marketplace called ThetaDrop.

"We believe that blockchain technology and the rise of digital collectible NFTs will bring unprecedented opportunities to our family of storytellers, trendsetters, icons and thought leaders in the entertainment industry," Michael Yanover, CAA's head of business development, said in a statement.

"With CAA on board over half of our validators are now run by external partners advancing us closer to full decentralization," said Theta Labs co-founder and CEO Mitch Liu.

Link

How does this compare to mining say BTC or ETH? I ran the egde node for a day and couldn't see what rate I was getting. Also why does video streaming even need to be decentralised

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

...why does video streaming even need to be decentralised

For any competitor setting up on Theta the answer would be censorship resistance. Pretty much every YouTuber of note has at least one video moaning about unwarranted copyright strikes or demonetisation. Will a service like that allow tasteless morons to have a voice and a place to go? Likely, but that's free speech. If what they say is illegal then let laws take care of them rather than have a central service provider shut them up for the common good (although the lack of focused daily narcissism from a former US president has been wonderful).

But Theta's main aim is to massively distribute CDNs and show to any streaming provider that they can deliver content faster & cheaper without having to rely on or build out their own last-mile CDNs.

Zero price movement after the CAA news, not a good sign.
    I feel for the bag holders so here is a life line.
    https://nkn.org/
    https://www.gsma.com/futurenetworks/wiki/nkn/

How does this compare to mining say BTC or ETH? I ran the egde node for a day and couldn't see what rate I was getting. Also why does video streaming even need to be decentralised

First of all Theta is proof of stake. That's what the validator and guardian nodes do.

Edge nodes share bandwidth, excess computing power and encoding jobs. The payments are small now as the network is saturated. Turn it back on after June and the payouts will be higher. I used to get a few hundred tfuel a month last year. Staking tfuel is where the game changer is, you can literally run it on a pc stick as it doesn't need much pc power at all.

You'll earn a few hundred per 10k tfuel with the current total percentage staked. I was hoping for tfuel price to drop back a bit more before I buy anything else.

Video steaming needs to be more efficient if 4k and 8k gets more prominent not to mention VR.

Irish_rat wrote: »
    First of all Theta is proof of stake. That's what the validator and guardian nodes do.

Edge nodes share bandwidth, excess computing power and encoding jobs. The payments are small now as the network is saturated. Turn it back on after June and the payouts will be higher. I used to get a few hundred tfuel a month last year. Staking tfuel is where the game changer is, you can literally run it on a pc stick as it doesn't need much pc power at all.

You'll earn a few hundred per 10k tfuel with the current total percentage staked. I was hoping for tfuel price to drop back a bit more before I buy anything else.

Video steaming needs to be more efficient if 4k and 8k gets more prominent not to mention VR.

What's happening after june? Thanks for the detailed replies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

quinneerr wrote: »
    I feel for the bag holders so here is a life line.
    https://nkn.org/
    https://www.gsma.com/futurenetworks/wiki/nkn/

It is incredible that people still don't understand these markets and the direct link every Crypto has with BTC. In times of serve BTC reversal, it doesn't matter what news happens around a particular coin. Its price trajectory is largely governed by BTC movement. If something has been undervalued during these periods for BTC it is usually one of the first coins you see the money flowing back into when the market stablises.

Gonna sell my tfuel. Got 4.5k for £200 a while back.

Hmmm can't deposit them onto binance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Binance is having issues with tfuel/theta deposits and withdrawals.
    I would hold onto them for a bit longer though? Tfuel should continue to rise over the rest of the month upto the Mainnet launch.

Yeah tfuel is in for a monster month would be be worth waiting for the mainnet launch then selling to get most profit.

But I guess you want it on the exchange so you can swap it fast

What's happening after june? Thanks for the detailed replies

Rewards from staking tfuel are going to 57x from its current amount and burning introduced to prevent inflation.

Will be interesting to see how tfuel goes towards end of month.

Yeah it's up 10c since I tried to sell. Will hold a few weeks longer

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bosco12345

Tfuel approaching ATH soon, hard to not see it over a dollar after mainnet 3.0..

quinneerr wrote: »

Top-performers.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Rewards from staking tfuel are going to 57x from its current amount and burning introduced to prevent inflation.

Will be interesting to see how tfuel goes towards end of month.

Ya its something I will be keeping eye on myself.

Whats the story with setting up an edge node? I have one running but what hardware is actually being used? It is mostly bandwidth? GPU is surely involved?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

If you have > 1000 Theta, you can delegate your Theta to stake on a community run guardian node

Very easy to do

https://medium.com/theta-network/theta-1-click-delegated-staking-now-live-in-the-theta-web-wallet-b80d499aae71

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭djan

Been following Theta/Tfuel for a while, with the upcoming increase in staking of Tfuel of apparently 57x, will this just not lead to hyper inflation even with the burning of tokens for Txs?

Also could anyone advise on how resource/time intensive would it potentially be to stake? Is it a set and forget delegate/timelock or do you have to run a pc? Thanks!

Some difference 6 days make.

djan wrote: »
    Been following Theta/Tfuel for a while, with the upcoming increase in staking of Tfuel of apparently 57x,

where did you hear this about the 57x?

Also could anyone advise on how resource/time intensive would it potentially be to stake? Is it a set and forget delegate/timelock or do you have to run a pc? Thanks!

If you have > 1000 Theta, you can delegate your Theta to stake on a community run guardian node

Very easy to do

https://medium.com/theta-network/the...t-b80d499aae71

Lex Luthor wrote: »

Very easy to do

https://medium.com/theta-network/the...t-b80d499aae71

Thanks, not too bad. Unfortunately at current prices 1000 Theta is a decent chunk.

Looking at Tfuel staking options. Ideally something more passive than running a node.

In relation to the 57x increase of Tfuel I've seen it mentioned here and on numerous sites/reddit with the launch of mainnet.

Thanks, not too bad. Unfortunately at current prices 1000 Theta is a decent chunk.

Looking at Tfuel staking options. Ideally something more passive than running a node.

In relation to the 57x increase of Tfuel I've seen it mentioned here and on numerous sites/reddit with the launch of mainnet.

are you referring to the price once mainnet launches?

I'd say 57x is very very optimistic

more like 5x if we're lucky

• Advertisement

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    are you referring to the price once mainnet launches?

I'd say 57x is very very optimistic

more like 5x if we're lucky

No, I'm talking about an apparent short term increase of TFuel staking reward of up potentially 57x as alluded to by Irish_Rat and other places such as here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4pYTtdsMYI

https://coinmarketbag.com/tfuel-staking-increasing-before-mainnet-3-0-a-bullish-sign/

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/nezcfn/musing_about_theta_mainnet_30_and_tfuel/

https://www.reddit.com/r/theta_network/comments/mvjreb/tfuel_staking_earnings_explained_elite_edge_node/

You can delegate it to gpool when mainnet 3.0 launches but there will be a fee of a few percent I'm not sure exactly could be 4%.

If you want to do it yourself any old laptop will do but needs to be on 24/7 if you want 95%+ uptime mining. It's not as intensive as the guardian node as it doesn't actually do that much. There is no requirements for ram or storage etc. Best solution is either a vm or cheap mini pc to work away for you.

Whats the story with setting up an edge node? I have one running but what hardware is actually being used? It is mostly bandwidth? GPU is surely involved?

You can use any bog standard laptop to run the edge node, thats the beauty of this project imo, anyone can participate.

Edge compute can be turned to low, medium or high power setting to change the CPU/GPU usage for folding at home. I'd advise setting it to low for now and just collect those 0.2 video encoding jobs daily. When it becomes profitable again then I would consider changing the setting.

Edge cache was the only thing on the node originally and only works if someone else is watching theta.tv which I don't think there is too many users of it in Ireland. You can view your network settings to see how much you have uploaded using the edge node.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

You can delegate it to gpool when mainnet 3.0 launches but there will be a fee of a few percent I'm not sure exactly could be 4%.

If you want to do it yourself any old laptop will do but needs to be on 24/7 if you want 95%+ uptime mining. It's not as intensive as the guardian node as it doesn't actually do that much. There is no requirements for ram or storage etc. Best solution is either a vm or cheap mini pc to work away for you.

Is there a Digital Ocean droplet or anything plug and play deployable yet on Cloud infra? I'm talking about something simpler than a kubernetes or a deployable VM to share with some non-tech savvy people.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Is criticizing the lack of streaming and activity on theta tv a valid criticism?

Is it correct to assume the success of theta depends on if they can get huge numbers of nodes running (adoption) and reduce dependence on CDNs and having major streaming providers running through their network?

• Advertisement

The Sun
    CRYPTO-NITE What is Theta and why is the price going up?

NINTCHDBPICT000659236281.jpg?w=670

THETA is the latest digital token shaking up the cryptocurrency market, and its price has surged today.

Theta network aims to use the decentralised nature of blockchain technology and encourage viewers to share the excess capacity of their devices to form a new video streaming and delivery service.

“Those who offer up their spare computing and bandwidth resources can earn TFUEL tokens.

“The idea is that advertisers can also fund campaigns with tokens and viewers who earn tokens could award them to their favourite content creators.

The Theta token is slightly different, more like owning a piece of the overall direction of the network.”

Link

CNN
    Beyond bitcoin: These altcoins are super popular

Bitcoin and ethereum are the Coke and Pepsi of crypto: Their combined value of about $1 trillion accounts for nearly two-thirds of the overall $1.6 trillion in digital currencies worldwide.

But just as some soft drink fans prefer Dr Pepper, there are also plenty of other alternatives in crypto — more than 10,000 of them, according to research site CoinMarketCap.

Many of these "altcoins" have legitimate niche use cases for specific industries. They aren't started-as-a-joke cryptos like Elon Musk's beloved dogecoin and its canine cousin Shiba Inu.

One of the better performing pairs of cryptos this year are two related tokens that are geared toward online content creators — Theta and Theta Fuel. Theta has soared almost 400% in 2021 while Theta Fuel is up an astounding 1,700%

Link

Latest validator node
    $500 million asset manager joins Theta Network as Enterprise Validator

The venture fund became the ninth enterprise validator to join Theta Network.

theta-validator-dhvc.jpg&w=800&h=420&q=75

HVC joins alongside others like Google, Samsung, Sony, CAA, Binance, Blockchain Ventures, gumi, and a group of private equity institutional investors including Sierra Ventures, Heuristic Capital, Venture Reality Fund, and GFR Fund.

He added, “Theta has made massive progress since we led the Series A equity round in 2017, and we expect another 100x growth as the protocol transforms the media and entertainment industry through blockchain and decentralized technologies.”

Link

This is probably my favourite news for a while. Theta can be used on metamask later this year via a different rpc like matic, bsc etc.
    Theta extending development compatibility with Ethereum with a new RPC API suite, Web3 tools, Metamask integration and more

Theta’s vision for 2021 and beyond builds on this with the addition of a suite of tools:
    • Ethereum-compatible RPC API suite,
    • Smart contract development tools,
    • Truffle Suite and Remix integration,
    • Metamask integration, and
    • Other components like Web3.js, Ether.js.

Theta-meta.jpg

In our internal testing, through the adapter we were able to get Metamask send and receive TFUEL on a private testnet.

As the adapter software becomes more feature-complete in Q3, Theta blockchain will become fully interoperable with Metamask.

In the second half of 2021, we project the full release of the adapter which supports the entire Etherum DApp dev stack, for example, Ether.js, Web3.js, and Truffle.

Potentially, Ethereum DApps like Uniswap, Compound, AAVE etc can then be deployed to Theta without any modifications.

Furthermore, the ETH RPC adaptor could greatly simplify the implementation of a cross-chain bridge connecting the Theta and Ethereum ecosystem. With that, crypto assets like ERC20 tokens, NFTs can freely flow between the two chains.

Link

Latest validator node

Link

“Theta has made massive progress since we led the Series A equity round in 2017, and we expect another 100x growth as the protocol transforms the media and entertainment industry through blockchain and decentralized technologies.”

Theta $9.38 right now with a 100x $938 a pop a MC of $938 Billion, BTC MC is $700 Billion, who every came up with this valuation is off their meds, by all mean fill up your bags with THETA, but dont do so because you believe a 100x is incoming, maybe if we get hyperinflation and a pint of milk costs a current weeks wage

Just another z lister with over 100 million followers to place ntf's on theta
    Katy Perry Announces Exclusive Global NFT Collaboration And Investment In Theta Network

Katy-Perry-by-Christine-Hahn-2021-copy.jpg

Global pop superstar Katy Perry, in collaboration with Theta Network, announced the launch of Katy Perry NFTs for her fans worldwide. The first digital collectibles of the collaboration will feature content from Katy’s upcoming “Play” residency at the brand new Resorts World Las Vegas hotel, beginning in December 2021.

Katy Perry will also acquire a minority interest in Theta Labs, alongside Perry’s talent agency, Creative Artists Agency (CAA), one of Theta’s latest enterprise validators. Theta Network’s NFT marketplace, ThetaDrop, is powered by the Theta protocol and a native blockchain that is significantly different from other NFT platforms as it was purposefully built for media and entertainment.

“I’m both excited and curious to be launching my first ever NFTs later this year with Theta Network,” said Katy Perry. “This is a new, unique opportunity to connect with my fans around the world even if they aren’t with me in Las Vegas. I can’t wait to dive in with the Theta team on all the exciting and memorable creative pieces, so my fans can own a special moment of my residency that’s both a digital collectible as well as an IRL experience.

This is the first-ever Las Vegas residency to feature exclusive NFTs commemorating the events, making them a one-of-a-kind collectible for Katy Perry superfans across the world. As of today, fans can pre-register and be notified of the first NFT drops at Katy.ThetaDrop.com.

“Coinciding with Theta’s Mainnet 3.0 launch, working with a global icon like Katy Perry over the next year marks an important inflection point in Theta Network’s history and a big step towards global adoption of Theta blockchain,” said Mitch Liu, co-founder and CEO of Theta Labs. “With the help of CAA and Katy’s management team, we’re charting a course towards reaching well beyond crypto enthusiasts to millions of music, media and entertainment fans around the world. In the end, we see this as an important milestone towards a million daily transactions on the Theta network.”

Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭dirk_dangler

theta.tv is a ghost town, top videos with 66 & 134 viewers
    I dont think people over at Youtube or Twitch will be loosing any sleep, and THETA is a dead cert to hit $70 , care to share the research you base this prediction on?

trouble.jpg

theta.tv is a ghost town, top videos with 66 & 134 viewers

No one cares about the viewing numbers on Theta TV.

Tfuel staking going live last night was a massive event.

Passive income for life.

No one cares about the viewing numbers on Theta TV.

Tfuel staking going live last night was a massive event.

Passive income for life.

The money has already been made with THETA, only bag holders left holding it now, i hope you are still in a handsome profit, its going to be this cycles XRP at $3, years of hurt ahead for those who bought the top believing its going to $70

No one cares about viewing numbers on Theta TV? No viewers will mean a dead platform, you should be very concerned. Its as good as dead, the Dublin temple bar web cam has higher viewers, here is a fresh screen shot, and this is not a issue for you on the march to $70?
    its-dead-jim.png

Tfuel staking going live did nothing for the price, in fact its been dropping for some time ahead of this big event that going to sent THETA to $70?

Passive income for life from staking on an asset that is dropping in price, not such a good deal if you ask me.

Why no pump for Tfuel on this staking if its such a big deal? honest answer would be nice, not moon boy lambo reasons. $0.36
    tfuel.png

And as we can see THETA is doing as i predicted, it has bleed out all summer and will continue to do so, this staking event did nothing for the price $5.89
    theta.png

No end in sight to the drop, the supposed mega pump from staking failed to deliver, its going as predicted, its a dead platform, absolutely pathetic viewers on theta.tv there will be no way back to $15.72 never mind $70 a pop

• Registered Users Posts: 10 itchyfinger

Not looking good, i cant see a way back even if BTC rebounds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 SeanieWalls

Lol hope you loaded up on Theta/TFuel, if you think the Theta Network depends on the ThetaTV platform you are seriously off the mark.

Anyone using the theta Drop? Good money to be made, just get a low edition nft for about 5 quid and sell it on for a few hundred an hour later.

Only caveat which is a bit one is that your tfuel cannot be withdrawn currently. The team is working on kyc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭el diablo

The utterly ridiculous Bix Weir says Theta is going to $88.88 this year and $10,000 (not a typo) in the next three or four years (therefore a market cap bigger than the GDP of almost every country on the planet). Lads we're all going to be billionaires and trillionaires. 😀

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Not sure what he's smoking. 88 is not beyond the realms of possiblilty in a bull market but the other figure is plain daft.

Just released news today of a third token called tdrop. You will get rewarded for trading nfts and holding them. No interest in this myself but its the partnerships we are waiting on.

Mitch mentioned game changing partnerships coming last AMA. There is a reddit AMA tomorrow let's see what it brings.

Hold your horses bucko, $88 for THETA would give it a Market Cap of $880,000,000,000, for perspective BTC right now is $39,792.32 with a Market Cap of $746,858,048,617, what ever Bix Weir is smoking you must have had a toke or ten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭el diablo

No, dude.....do the math. 😎 It would be $88.8 billion, not $880 billion. Stop making stuff up to fit your narrative.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

So I did some digging on the new "Theta Ecosystem" whitepaper.

Basically if you have Theta staked, you will earn a percentage of TDROP which is calculated between Aug21 to Feb22.

Some Theta long-term investors are definitely not too happy in the direction change, it seems geared towards NFT's into 2022.

""Many ongoing strategic discussions with global video and OTT platforms have focused on NFTs and digital collectibles as a new source of revenue in addition to the benefits of decentralized streaming and video delivery. These long-term partnership discussions now include building their NFTs on the Theta NFT smart contract platform, incorporating exclusive NFT drops as part of the live experience for movies and shows across multiple seasons, utilizing Theta P2P infrastructure to incentivize viewers with TFUEL and introducing a fan reward and engagement program. "

Correct, i mistakenly use 10Billlion total supply and it is 1Billion, so a Market cap of $88,000,000,000 would put it at Rank 3 ahead of USTD at $61Billion, not happening without Hyperinflation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 SeanieWalls

Not a bad move in the last few weeks for this dead token, new patents and partnerships announced, steadily growing.

Advertisement