Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Theta Network

Options

Comments

I'm just shocked he greyed out his holdings at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Mitch liu:

"Ok here's what happened: we had a huge spike in users to WPT @Thetadrop site ~9pmPT that took down our systems.

We're rescheduling Drop #1 to week May 9, exact day TBD. Thanks for understanding as we want to do this right. All user pre-funding and deposits are intact and safe."

Not a good start to the NFT launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭quinneerr

Where did it all go wrong?
    Discussion deserted for 23 days
    Rank now 22 by market cap
    The $50-60 promised by posters is a distant dream
    Anyone got some hopium to lift the spirits or has Theta's fate been accepted?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

quinneerr wrote: »

Mainnet in June? Like this has a part to play

https://www.investing.com/news/cryptocurrency-news/the-fate-of-coins-after-the-chinese-crypto-ban--neo-theta-vechain-and-tron-2516040

But my TRON in particular bounced back handily

pioneerpro wrote: »
    Mainnet in June? Like this has a part to play

https://www.investing.com/news/cryptocurrency-news/the-fate-of-coins-after-the-chinese-crypto-ban--neo-theta-vechain-and-tron-2516040

But my TRON in particular bounced back handily

You hold Tron?
    best of luck , you will need it

• Advertisement

You hold Tron?
    best of luck , you will need it

Lol, the trolls really love the Theta thread.

FWIW I also hold a significant amount of DOGE. Feel free to cross-reference the price.

image.png

I missed you bud.

New validator to be announced. Not official yet

Mainnet 3.0 coming next month.

Tfuel rewards are going to be lucrative. Get mini pc and avoid gpool fees.

All I say is judge everything after mainnet, wait until end of June :)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bosco12345

Hows holding Rose going for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Are you dirk?

seannash wrote: »
    Are you dirk?

There's at least 2 accounts that are scarily similar to DirkDangler in the Telcoin thread - already called one out to much indignation lol

• Advertisement

I don't hold Rose
    I am not Dirk
    I have noticed a clique of uses here who reinforce each others decision to purchase total šhit coins, a few dissenting posts pop up in the discussions and are drowned out by the bag holders rushing to defend their bags, it's a hive mind in action, Boards of a feather flock together.
    By all means hold them bags, but at least justify why you believe they will soar in price and refute any criticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

Rose actually made a fairly big climb today

Beverly Hills, California

Another validator added to the network with 2 million Theta staked.
    Hollywood Powerhouse CAA Joins Blockchain Video Network Theta

GettyImages-1228023665-710x458.jpeg?format=webp

Top talent and sports agency Creative Artists Agency (CAA) has joined Theta to help with governance and validation of its blockchain-based video delivery network.

CAA will work alongside seven other external Theta Enterprise Validator and Governance Council members, including Google, Samsung and Sony, as well as major private equity and cryptocurrency firms.

The membership means CAA will run a validator node and help ensure the robustness of the network, Theta announced in a press release on Thursday.

Theta sets out to enable video platform clients to earn more revenue and reduce delivery costs. Users are rewarded for sharing bandwidth to help relay video on a peer-to-peer basis. It also has an non-fungible token (NFT) marketplace called ThetaDrop.

"We believe that blockchain technology and the rise of digital collectible NFTs will bring unprecedented opportunities to our family of storytellers, trendsetters, icons and thought leaders in the entertainment industry," Michael Yanover, CAA's head of business development, said in a statement.

"With CAA on board over half of our validators are now run by external partners advancing us closer to full decentralization," said Theta Labs co-founder and CEO Mitch Liu.

Link

How does this compare to mining say BTC or ETH? I ran the egde node for a day and couldn't see what rate I was getting. Also why does video streaming even need to be decentralised

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

...why does video streaming even need to be decentralised

For any competitor setting up on Theta the answer would be censorship resistance. Pretty much every YouTuber of note has at least one video moaning about unwarranted copyright strikes or demonetisation. Will a service like that allow tasteless morons to have a voice and a place to go? Likely, but that's free speech. If what they say is illegal then let laws take care of them rather than have a central service provider shut them up for the common good (although the lack of focused daily narcissism from a former US president has been wonderful).

But Theta's main aim is to massively distribute CDNs and show to any streaming provider that they can deliver content faster & cheaper without having to rely on or build out their own last-mile CDNs.

Zero price movement after the CAA news, not a good sign.
    I feel for the bag holders so here is a life line.
    https://nkn.org/
    https://www.gsma.com/futurenetworks/wiki/nkn/

How does this compare to mining say BTC or ETH? I ran the egde node for a day and couldn't see what rate I was getting. Also why does video streaming even need to be decentralised

First of all Theta is proof of stake. That's what the validator and guardian nodes do.

Edge nodes share bandwidth, excess computing power and encoding jobs. The payments are small now as the network is saturated. Turn it back on after June and the payouts will be higher. I used to get a few hundred tfuel a month last year. Staking tfuel is where the game changer is, you can literally run it on a pc stick as it doesn't need much pc power at all.

You'll earn a few hundred per 10k tfuel with the current total percentage staked. I was hoping for tfuel price to drop back a bit more before I buy anything else.

Video steaming needs to be more efficient if 4k and 8k gets more prominent not to mention VR.

Irish_rat wrote: »
    First of all Theta is proof of stake. That's what the validator and guardian nodes do.

Edge nodes share bandwidth, excess computing power and encoding jobs. The payments are small now as the network is saturated. Turn it back on after June and the payouts will be higher. I used to get a few hundred tfuel a month last year. Staking tfuel is where the game changer is, you can literally run it on a pc stick as it doesn't need much pc power at all.

You'll earn a few hundred per 10k tfuel with the current total percentage staked. I was hoping for tfuel price to drop back a bit more before I buy anything else.

Video steaming needs to be more efficient if 4k and 8k gets more prominent not to mention VR.

What's happening after june? Thanks for the detailed replies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

I feel for the bag holders so here is a life line.
    https://nkn.org/
    https://www.gsma.com/futurenetworks/wiki/nkn/

It is incredible that people still don't understand these markets and the direct link every Crypto has with BTC. In times of serve BTC reversal, it doesn't matter what news happens around a particular coin. Its price trajectory is largely governed by BTC movement. If something has been undervalued during these periods for BTC it is usually one of the first coins you see the money flowing back into when the market stablises.

Gonna sell my tfuel. Got 4.5k for £200 a while back.

Hmmm can't deposit them onto binance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Gonna sell my tfuel. Got 4.5k for £200 a while back.

Hmmm can't deposit them onto binance

Binance is having issues with tfuel/theta deposits and withdrawals.
    I would hold onto them for a bit longer though? Tfuel should continue to rise over the rest of the month upto the Mainnet launch.

Yeah tfuel is in for a monster month would be be worth waiting for the mainnet launch then selling to get most profit.

But I guess you want it on the exchange so you can swap it fast

What's happening after june? Thanks for the detailed replies

Rewards from staking tfuel are going to 57x from its current amount and burning introduced to prevent inflation.

Will be interesting to see how tfuel goes towards end of month.

Yeah it's up 10c since I tried to sell. Will hold a few weeks longer

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bosco12345

Tfuel approaching ATH soon, hard to not see it over a dollar after mainnet 3.0..

Top-performers.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,276 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Rewards from staking tfuel are going to 57x from its current amount and burning introduced to prevent inflation.

Will be interesting to see how tfuel goes towards end of month.

Ya its something I will be keeping eye on myself.

Whats the story with setting up an edge node? I have one running but what hardware is actually being used? It is mostly bandwidth? GPU is surely involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

If you have > 1000 Theta, you can delegate your Theta to stake on a community run guardian node

Very easy to do

https://medium.com/theta-network/theta-1-click-delegated-staking-now-live-in-the-theta-web-wallet-b80d499aae71

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭djan

Been following Theta/Tfuel for a while, with the upcoming increase in staking of Tfuel of apparently 57x, will this just not lead to hyper inflation even with the burning of tokens for Txs?

Also could anyone advise on how resource/time intensive would it potentially be to stake? Is it a set and forget delegate/timelock or do you have to run a pc? Thanks!

Advertisement