Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man Shot by Gardai in Clonee

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Hopefully it brings positive change in an outdated police force,
    There should be a certain intelligence level required along with sustained fitness.
    6 foot and from the country shouldn't be enough anymore and that joke of an exam needs to be updated.

The height restriction was abolished twenty years ago.

Actually twenty years ago.

Morto for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

Social media is a scary place - for every "social justice warrior" pushing the agenda that this was race fuelled there is another side pushing their own racist agenda.

The facts as they are available so far are that a man went in to a shop with a knife and assaulted someone. The Gardai tried to apprehend him using less than lethal force (pepper spray & tazer). This failed. Ultimately the situation all lead up to him making the decision to lunge at a Garda with his knife. This decision cost him his life.

Its a **** situation but its not a racist situation. The politicians stoking the flames here need to take a look at themselves as they are just sowing the seeds of division.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,270 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

8-10 wrote: »
    So we should bring back the death penalty for crimes like this?

He chose suicide by cop. Author of his own demise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

There should be a certain intelligence level required along with sustained fitness.
    6 foot and from the country shouldn't be enough anymore and that joke of an exam needs to be updated.

So you failed the interview process eh? That would explain the bitterness. It’s alright parking attendants get nice uniforms too and look a bit like AGS, their entrance requirements are lower. Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭atr2002

Just reset the conversation to the Garda test? What about the posts quoting your misinformation?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Collie D wrote: »
    **** off

wow is this the best you can do, why don't you join the gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭THE_SHEEP

It’s the spin being put on the story now, little mention of the elderly woman he attacked just before Christmas though. It seems according the Social Media SJW we have lost a shining light who was the next messiah.[/quote

https://youtu.be/plZRe1kPWZw

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭screamer

Maybe both?

While this may not be the case in this instance there are people who have come through the direct provision ‘system’ that have seen horrific violence in their own country.

I don’t know this guys background, but a lot of the people who have been granted asylum here have seen more violence than you can imagine, and true to form the system in Ireland doesn’t address it.

If not the case here, then why bring it up.... seriously this ould bull**** of any excuse for them to be scumbags and of course blame the Irish people/ government/ systems is, in fact not going to help the old BLM narrative a bit. People have often seen horrific things, I doubt this early 20s fella ever set foot in Africa, so let’s keep it real and stick to the facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭mcgragger

8-10 wrote: »
    So we should bring back the death penalty for crimes like this?

Yeah - no trial either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

So you failed the interview process eh? That would explain the bitterness. It’s alright parking attendants get nice uniforms too and look a bit like AGS, their entrance requirements are lower. Best of luck.

Clutching at straws now lad.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

An editor at a student newspaper is calling for Gardai to be gradually disbanded in response on Twitter.

Absolutely absurd. Where do we get these people from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

An editor at a student newspaper is calling for Gardai to be gradually disbanded in response on Twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

NIMAN wrote: »
    If this is true, it will never be raised or asked by any Irish journo or paper though, can't be asking the difficult questions.

The difficult question here is how a man ended up dead, regardless of colour, there are many many non lethal methods of disabling a person, and even using a lethal weapon then it’s possible to disable a person without killing them. It seems a lot of people on here already had their mind made up that the guard was within his rights to mortally wound, even before a gsoc report.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭THE_SHEEP

Strawman alert !! Strawman alert !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Absolutely absurd. Where do we get these people from?

Spoiled rich kids who feel guilty about life so have to take up some cause.

Green party supporters.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Have you a link please?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭mcgragger

seamus wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure this is the first time a black man has been killed by the Gardai in the history of the state.

All of those who immediately jumped up to cry racism, have put the cause in Ireland back a decade.

Racists have long been claiming that minorities are too quick to cry racism. And a whole bunch of people desperate to virtual signal in front of their online influencer friends, have proven the racists right.

A man was shot yesterday as a last resort to defend against an immediate risk to life.

The focus on skin colour as a motivation for the shooting is an attempt by racists to stir up anti-white hatred.

A large chunk of the progressives in Ireland have been infiltrated by racist ****-stirrers like Dr. Joseph, who jumps at every chance to cry racism. She's a professional victim who believes herself oppressed because she hates white people.

The Twitter gang are too worried about appearing to be an ally to call her out on her racist bull****.

Sense at last. Great post.

begbysback wrote: »
    The difficult question here is how a man ended up dead, regardless of colour, there are many many non lethal methods if disabling a person, and even using a lethal weapon then it’s possible to disable a person without killing them. It seems a lot of people on here already had their mind made up that the guard was within his rights to mortally wound, even before a gsoc report.

How do you disable a person using a lethal weapon without killing them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Clutching at straws now lad.

No just expanding on your comment, you seem to know a little about the entry requirements. Although the height restriction is gone. Plus many recruits are third level graduates before they apply. As I said you come across as someone who failed to get in, that’s what I suspect by reading your posts here and on the other thread. Spurned and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

The difficult question here is how a man ended up dead, regardless of colour, there are many many non lethal methods if disabling a person, and even using a lethal weapon then it’s possible to disable a person without killing them. It seems a lot of people on here already had their mind made up that the guard was within his rights to mortally wound, even before a gsoc report.
    And you seem to have made your mind up of the opposite..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Spoiled rich kids who feel guilty about life so have to take up some cause.

Green party supporters.

I'm not against being Green to the environment are you?
    I'm against stupid causes like this will become

screamer wrote: »
    If not the case here, then why bring it up.... seriously this ould bull**** of any excuse for them to be scumbags and of course blame the Irish people/ government/ systems is, in fact not going to help I the old BLM narrative a bit. People have often seen horrific things, I doubt this early 20s fella ever set foot in Africa, so let’s keep it real and stick to the facts.

It’s a response to the accusation that he suffers from mental illness, and I clearly said it may not be the case here, but I do know a family who have come through the asylum process here, and what they have endured has left scars that people have no clue about.

This guys actions are unjustifiable, and I’m not trying to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭atr2002

The difficult question here is how a man ended up dead, regardless of colour, there are many many non lethal methods of disabling a person, and even using a lethal weapon then it’s possible to disable a person without killing them. It seems a lot of people on here already had their mind made up that the guard was within his rights to mortally wound, even before a gsoc report.
    You know that they tried pepper spray and taser?

sasta le wrote: »
    I'm not against being Green to the environment are you?
    I'm against stupid causes like this will become

Most of these people don't care about the environment.

Just an excuse to jump on some cause.

Anyway don't want to make it political, I shouldn't have brought up parties.

It’s a response to the accusation that he suffers from mental illness, and I clearly said it may not be the case here, but I do know a family who have come through the asylum process here, and what they have endured has left scars that people have no clue about.

This guys actions are unjustifiable, and I’m not trying to do that.

That's exactly what you're trying to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

Attacked two people, has a history of attacking other people. Was followed by cops in a residential area for OVER two hours. Was tasered AND pepper sprayed in order to subdue still.... oh and filmed lunging at Gardai with a large weapon which subsequently led to the situation ending. Paint it whatever way you want, shape and mould it to fit your narrative in order to get positive re-enforcement through likes and shares but nothing can dispute the fact that the Gardai (for all their faults) have only discharged their weapons maybe a dozen times in the last three decades.

Piss off with your race baiting nonsense. People want to be Americans so bad they not only adopt the stupid cultural traits but also appear to totally ignore valid evidence (the run up to the event, first person reports and actual videos) to suit their warped version of the truth.

Mon now lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Squatman

Fair enough if it's warranted, but that guy literally brought a knife to a gun fight.[/quote]

That guy started a gun fight with a knife. He may have been seeking justice, but he got the law. Well done to the gardai. Videos show him swinging a knife wildly at the guards before being shot.

Attacked two people, has a history of attacking other people. Was followed by cops in a residential area for OVER two hours. Was tasered AND pepper sprayed in order to subdue still.... oh and filmed lunging at Gardai with a large weapon which subsequently led to the situation ending. Paint it whatever way you want, shape and mould it to fit your narrative in order to get positive re-enforcement through likes and shares but nothing can dispute the fact that the Gardai (for all their faults) have only discharged their weapons maybe a dozen times in the last three decades.

Piss off with your race baiting nonsense. People want to be Americans so bad they not only adopt the stupid cultural traits but also appear to totally ignore valid evidence (the run up to the event, first person reports and actual videos) to suit their warped version of the truth.

Mon now lads.

I'm like Sooooo outraged ya know like...

That's exactly what you're trying to do.

Nope.

Just pointing out that SOME people who are granted asylum status have horrendous histories that can be the cause of mental illness.

I clearly said that it may not be the case in this instance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭screamer

This shooting was anything but racist. He was shot because of the weapon he was wielding and threat he posed. Had the Garda stopped to consider the colour of his skin, or hesitated on racial bias, in that moment we could have been looking at a larger loss of life, I have no doubt. This is why equality is what we need to see and practise, he was shot like any other coloured (white/ black) violent, weapon brandishing, non conforming person would be. No special treatment because of the colour of your skin,
    That is equality right there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement