Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man Shot by Gardai in Clonee

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

seamus wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure this is the first time a black man has been killed by the Gardai in the history of the state.

All of those who immediately jumped up to cry racism, have put the cause in Ireland back a decade.

Racists have long been claiming that minorities are too quick to cry racism. And a whole bunch of people desperate to virtual signal in front of their online influencer friends, have proven the racists right.

A man was shot yesterday as a last resort to defend against an immediate risk to life.

The focus on skin colour as a motivation for the shooting is an attempt by racists to stir up anti-white hatred.

A large chunk of the progressives in Ireland have been infiltrated by racist ****-stirrers like Dr. Joseph, who jumps at every chance to cry racism. She's a professional victim who believes herself oppressed because she hates white people.

The Twitter gang are too worried about appearing to be an ally to call her out on her racist bull****.

Yes can't argue with this logic, but the outcome will still remain the same, the twitter gang have caused real change in the last few years with their crusades, same sex marriage ect the ability to attract like minded people and organize.
    Haven't we already seen protests about this, and they will continue.
    Next will be all other stories of Garda corruption and mismanagement of cases to add fuel to the fire. This will grow and grow.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Gardai were completely justifies in their actions.

Unfortunately the 'desperate to be american' mob will try and hijack this to have some ' cause' to get behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Nope.

Just pointing out that SOME people who are granted asylum status have horrendous histories that can be the cause of mental illness.

I clearly said that it may not be the case in this instance.

Doesn't matter either way.

He got what was coming because of his actions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

begbysback wrote: »
    The difficult question here is how a man ended up dead, regardless of colour, there are many many non lethal methods of disabling a person, and even using a lethal weapon then it’s possible to disable a person without killing them. It seems a lot of people on here already had their mind made up that the guard was within his rights to mortally wound, even before a gsoc report.

Have you served in the military or a police force? You are not trained to shoot for an arm or a leg. The training is to aim for the centre mass which is the torso, the largest target . To take down the target. Aiming for arms or legs is a Hollywood fiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Squatman

do you need to shoot five times,
    once in the leg would put anyone down

Would it? What if he was on crack, ketamine, meth, heroin, excessive alcohol etc. He was clearly deranged in his actions in the first place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Well done Guards.

No just expanding on your comment, you seem to know a little about the entry requirements. Although the height restriction is gone. Plus many recruits are third level graduates before they apply. As I said you come across as someone who failed to get in, that’s what I suspect by reading your posts here and on the other thread. Spurned and all that.

Hard luck lad, you couldn't be further from the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭TheShepard

Attacked two people, has a history of attacking other people. Was followed by cops in a residential area for OVER two hours. Was tasered AND pepper sprayed in order to subdue still.... oh and filmed lunging at Gardai with a large weapon which subsequently led to the situation ending. Paint it whatever way you want, shape and mould it to fit your narrative in order to get positive re-enforcement through likes and shares but nothing can dispute the fact that the Gardai (for all their faults) have only discharged their weapons maybe a dozen times in the last three decades.

Piss off with your race baiting nonsense. People want to be Americans so bad they not only adopt the stupid cultural traits but also appear to totally ignore valid evidence (the run up to the event, first person reports and actual videos) to suit their warped version of the truth.

Mon now lads.

Totally agreed, given the chance and plenty of time to stop. Play dangerous games and win dangerous prizes!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The difficult question here is how a man ended up dead, regardless of colour, there are many many non lethal methods of disabling a person, and even using a lethal weapon then it’s possible to disable a person without killing them. It seems a lot of people on here already had their mind made up that the guard was within his rights to mortally wound, even before a gsoc report.
    People have made up their minds because the data that's been presented at face value supports the suggestion that the Garda was justified in shooting.

Non lethal methods had been tried, they failed.

The only morally justifiable killing is one which occurs to prevent an immediate risk of death or serious injury.

There was an immediate risk of death or serious injury.

There are many questions to be answered about how it got to that point. How this man's life ended up with him attacking Gardai with a knife.

But there's little question that the Garda who pulled that trigger had no alternative.

Hard luck lad, you couldn't be further from the truth.

If you say so, no reason to suspect you’re lying. ;-)

• Advertisement

Have you served in the military or a police force? You are not trained to shoot for an arm or a leg. The training is to aim for the centre mass which is the torso, the largest target . To take down the target. Aiming for arms or legs is a Hollywood fiction.

What about the bullet that missed him from a few yards.
    Not exactly an expert shot was he.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,592 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Same sex marriage caused by twitter...??

What a stupid ignorant thing to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Yes can't argue with this logic, but the outcome will still remain the same, the twitter gang have caused real change in the last few years with their crusades, same sex marriage ect the ability to attract like minded people and organize.
    Haven't we already seen protests about this, and they will continue.
    Next will be all other stories of Garda corruption and mismanagement of cases to add fuel to the fire. This will grow and grow.

So Twitter is the reason same sex marriage is legal?

Maybe Twitter isn’t the steaming pile of crap that I was sure it is so.

You are highly intelligent.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

5 were, and all the shots fired didn't even hit him from a few feet,
    it was a shambles from start to finish

But you are claiming 15 were. That's why they shot 5 times as not all are guaranteed to hit.

You're either thick or being deliberately ignorant and I hope it's not the latter

There's a lot wrong in the gardai, we all know this, but this isn't an example of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭jackboy

What it likely to be the truth, the Guard was not a good shot? Or maybe some other valid reason the shot missed? Think about it.

Weepsie wrote: »
    But you are claiming 15 were. That's why they shot 5 times as not all are guaranteed to hit.

You're either thick or being deliberately ignorant and I hope it's not the latter

There's a lot wrong in the gardai, we all know this, but this isn't an example of it.

You just quoted me as saying 5 were !
    People in glass houses Weepsie lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

If mentally ill then serious questions need to be asked about the mothers ability to look after children. Does she think it is ok to leave large knifes around a house?

He was 27 ffs.

I guess you would have shot the knife out his hand from fifty feet before giving him a roundhouse kick to the chest and then lighting up a cigar with some witty phrase?

Funny how shootings always turn people into weapons experts.

I had one moron on Twitter this morning argue that a leg shot was possible and his proof was that the NYPD accidentally shot a suspect in the leg on Monday.

You seem to be a hindsight expert. Have you weapons training? Ever found yourself having to shoot a live target instead of a cardboard cutout, no training will prepare you fully for shooting a person. Maybe the shot was fired to warn him ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

99.99% of the time guards pull guns they don’t use them, so maybe this military style training you speak of is not suitable for dealing with civilians brandishing knives?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

15 armed men against one mentally ill man in his front garden,
    it was more like a fox hunt than an arrest, and the history of Garda shootings over 30 years would prove this isn't the norm and their reaction was not the norm.

Really ? https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/jastine-valdez-killer-mark-hennessy-looked-like-a-man-possessed-in-moments-before-he-was-fatally-shot-inquest-hears-38886589.html

99.99% of the time guards pull guns they don’t use them, so maybe this military style training you speak of is not suitable for dealing with civilians brandishing knives?

I didn’t say the guards get military style training. My comments are still there. Don’t make up stuff and attribute it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭mcgragger

not being a good shot is a completely different issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭piplip87

I see a few people on my follow list, which shared the George Flyod video endlessly are appealing for people not to share this video out of respect.

I'm sure this has nothing whatsoever to do with the video showing that the fella who got shot lunged at the Gardai with a machete

piplip87 wrote: »
    I see a few people on my follow list, which shared the George Flyod video endlessly are appealing for people not to share this video out of respect.

I'm sure this has nothing whatsoever to do with the video showing that the fella who got shot lunged at the Gardai with a machete

Once it’s edited it will be shared fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭banie01

No just expanding on your comment, you seem to know a little about the entry requirements. Although the height restriction is gone. Plus many recruits are third level graduates before they apply. As I said you come across as someone who failed to get in, that’s what I suspect by reading your posts here and on the other thread. Spurned and all that.

Not only are many applicants 3rd level graduates.
    They all must gain the appropriate 3rd level policing qualifications
    Part and parcel of progression these days in the Gardaí are all educated to BA in Applied Policing over the course of their initial training and probationary periods aswell as their initial assignments.
    https://www.garda.ie/en/careers/the-garda-college/
    Those qualifications are externally validated.

Our Gardaí are not the muck-savages of years gone by. Let's not continue to paint them in that trope, which is quite ironic given the rush by some to claim racism.
    They are a well educated force, with a focus on CPD and professionalism that is growing year on year.
    As Ireland becomes more culturally diverse, hopefully the force will too.
    There is however a huge degree of diversity and inclusion training and doctrine already in place.

Seamus has done a great job in highlighting the harm the race to paint this shooting as "racist" has caused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

It's not great for the unfortunate garda who had to take this action against someone charging directly at them with a machete that the Minister for Justice is posting with sympathy on Twitter. Also Alan O Kelly TD, a few senators, and I am sure some more. Wholescale importation of Identity politics from the US. Two Saint Georges canonised in the one year, both extremely violent people, who targeted vulnerable people like the elderly and pregnant women. I find it all odd. The Minister should shut up and wait on the investigation before posting on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/HMcEntee/status/1344584936267919360?s=20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭atr2002

So i have a different opinion to you so you just tell me to f off.
    Forums are for discussion are they not ?

Constantly repeating an opinion after it has been proven false is not discussion

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

piplip87 wrote: »

Ya, family are appealing for it to not be shared. I'm sure if it showed the guards completely in the ring they'd all be sharing it as proof

• Advertisement

A threat is a threat. A knife is a deadly weapon, so many people are either ignorant of this or are seeking to deliberately downplay the seriousness of what this man was doing.

Getting stabbed doesn't tickle. It is a massive medical emergency. ARU is absolutely appropriate to be called when someone is armed and has already used that weapon on someone.

Otherwise what you're saying is that it is an unarmed Garda's job to tackle someone with a knife and risk death?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement