Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man Shot by Gardai in Clonee

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭boetstark

what is a white version of an uncle tom ???

• Registered Users Posts: 16,269 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

banie01 wrote: »

As Ireland becomes more culturally diverse, hopefully the force will too.

Many activist heads will explode the day a POC Garda shoots a POC criminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

That tweet from A justice minister is fairly shocking.
    To say a shooting of a knife wielding man who is attempting to kill members of her own force is a 'tragedy' is completely throwing AGS under the bus.

Virtue signalling at its worst but not surprising from a woman trying to enact ' hate speech' legislation

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

jackboy wrote: »
    What it likely to be the truth, the Guard was not a good shot? Or maybe some other valid reason the shot missed? Think about it.
    +1 If you've ever tried shooting a pistol it's nothing like the movies. They're not particularly accurate. Increase the range even slightly and that accuracy goes right down. Even crack shots can miss. Add in heightened stress and fast moving conditions with an armed assailant close in waving a weapon around and accuracy goes right down again. This appears to have escalated from warnings that went unheeded, pepper spray that didn't work, then tasering that didn't work(the taser has to make good contact), then live rounds. That's a rapidly changing scenario with an armed and dangerous assailant mere feet from you, your colleagues and members of the public. It can hardly be more stressful.

Plus hitting someone doesn't mean they just stop and drop down. Again this isn't the movies. Unless you hit something vital to motor function it's shock and bloodloss that stops someone. So you could be hit with a couple of rounds and keep being a threat for enough time to injure or kill someone else.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

You just quoted me as saying 5 were !
    People in glass houses Weepsie lol

Your original quote
    15 armed men against one mentally ill man in his front garden

So the answer thick and not ignorant. At least this confirms it.

Goalposts are firmly in the ground so don't try moving them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

begbysback wrote: »
    99.99% of the time guards pull guns they don’t use them, so maybe this military style training you speak of is not suitable for dealing with civilians brandishing knives?

Can you provide a citation on that? I have never seen a Garda pull out a gun. The gardai involved were the armed response unit. I have read they pretty much this unit spends half the time training. They are the best we have at handling such deadly situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

carq wrote: »
    To say a shooting of a knife wielding man who is attempting to kill members of her own force is a 'tragedy' is completely throwing AGS under the bus.

Virtue signalling at its worst but not surprising from a woman trying to enact ' hate speech' legislation

Have to agree, there will be a lot of gardai very unhappy with that and rightly so. If this incident had happened in My local shopping centre I would be so grateful to the Garda for being on top of the situation. Noting to do with colour of anyone’s skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I really pity the Gardai. If the Minister for Justice is tweeting about the incident like that she could try and influence the investigation, hopefully the Garda Commissioner can push back on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭screamer

Easy for the likes of Helen Mc Entee to post some ould bull****e, she’ll thankfully never be in a kill or be killed situation, but she really should engage her brain before posting anything on social media. These gardai are her staff, and she should at very least stay out of it publically until the investigation concludes. What she deems as a tragedy is her lookout, most of us don’t agree with her.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Dr. Ebun Joseph has thrown her full weight behind the blm angle. For an intelligent person, she's completely and utterly wrong in this instance and dangerously so

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

seamus wrote: »
    A threat is a threat. A knife is a deadly weapon, so many people are either ignorant of this or are seeking to deliberately downplay the seriousness of what this man was doing.

Getting stabbed doesn't tickle. It is a massive medical emergency. ARU is absolutely appropriate to be called when someone is armed and has already used that weapon on someone.

Otherwise what you're saying is that it is an unarmed Garda's job to tackle someone with a knife and risk death?

I agree, there is a justification for the need of aru in cases such as this, the only question I have is could it have been resolved without the killing of this man.

The scariest part of this unfortunate scenario is the blind acceptance that the outcome is acceptable without question.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭screamer

Weepsie wrote: »
    Dr. Ebun Joseph has thrown her full weight behind the blm angle. For an intelligent person, she's completely and utterly wrong in this instance and dangerously so

Intelligent???? Hmmm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

I really pity the Gardai. If the Minister for Justice is tweeting about the incident like that she could try and influence the investigation, hopefully the Garda Commissioner can push back on her.

I think it's gone beyond the gardai investigating the Gardai now.
    It'll have to be an independent investigation to have any credence.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

She has never shown signs of being an intelligent person

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

We are all entitled to our opinion weepsie, you shouldn't be forcing yours on everyone else.
    Especially as someone in a position of power on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭wpisdu

Omackeral wrote: »
    Carried out a violent robbery leaving a man hopitalised with a broken nose. Charged down members of the police with a knife in vicious hacking motions. Sounds like the actions of a predatory animal to me.

But ... "They shot an innocent boy“ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Gruffalux wrote: »
    It's not great for the unfortunate garda who had to take this action against someone charging directly at them with a machete that the Minister for Justice is posting with sympathy on Twitter. Also Alan O Kelly TD, a few senators, and I am sure some more. Wholescale importation of Identity politics from the US. Two Saint Georges canonised in the one year, both extremely violent people, who targeted vulnerable people like the elderly and pregnant women. I find it all odd. The Minister should shut up and wait on the investigation before posting on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/HMcEntee/status/1344584936267919360?s=20

Why do we have a Minister of Justice who seems so afraid of actual Justice?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

carq wrote: »

Does she tweet condolences when other psychotic criminals are killed.

This fellow was an absolute deranged man whose first response was extreme violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Not only does McEntee undermine the guards she undermines the law abiding members of the community who have to live with the actions of scumbags like this

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

Gruffalux wrote: »
    It's not great for the unfortunate garda who had to take this action against someone charging directly at them with a machete that the Minister for Justice is posting with sympathy on Twitter. Also Alan O Kelly TD, a few senators, and I am sure some more. Wholescale importation of Identity politics from the US. Two Saint Georges canonised in the one year, both extremely violent people, who targeted vulnerable people like the elderly and pregnant women. I find it all odd. The Minister should shut up and wait on the investigation before posting on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/HMcEntee/status/1344584936267919360?s=20

To be fair, it doesn't seem as off when you read her 3 tweets together

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,269 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

screamer wrote: »
    Intelligent???? Hmmm

Get a nice little earner she wouldn't have a hope of getting in her own country. Yeah intelligent I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭enricoh

The game is up for this country, whatever about the lefty politicians n twitterati we now have the minister for justice concerned about the loss of a knife wielding armed robber. No mention of the lad in the shop getting battered.
    Mr abolish direct provision Roderick o gorman on cue also.

Speaking on RTÉ’s Morning Ireland, the minister said: “Obviously, this is an extremely upsetting loss, George’s life. It’s a tragedy for his family and I want to express my sympathies to them and to everybody impacted by yesterday’s events.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

She's a cute hoor and grifter who has made race baiting divisiveness her career and business. This incident is manna from heaven for her.
    Why do we have a Minister of Justice who seems so afraid of actual Justice?
    Because "social justice" gets more thanks on twitter and more column inches in the press.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,920 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I wouldn’t be surprised if the University gets rid of her soon enough.
    She’s an embarrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Danzy wrote: »
    Does she tweet condolences when other psychotic criminals are killed.

This fellow was an absolute deranged man whose first response was extreme violence.

Heart of gold though, very good to his mum etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Justice for George.

He received his justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭THE_SHEEP

Haha that's a very poor attempt Weepsie, you quoted me incorrectly, there was only one person with a thick answer here.
    Delighted to see a minister describe it as a tragedy, that will put the heat on this unjustified murder.

" Unjustified murder " ?

The guy lunged at an armed Garda, with a large knife , thereby murdering himself . Is this not termed suicide ?

( P.s I'm of the opinion , you have have some sort of " agenda " . But , at this stage it's borderline trolling ).

• Subscribers Posts: 41,592 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Justice for George.

He got his justice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I guess Helen McEntee reckons there are more likes, retweets and votes to be got by her tweets.

If she can throw a few Gardai under the bus now she'll be delighted with herself, she'll be a hero.

Politics has gotten so populist it's depressing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Looking at the guys Facebook page seems to indicate that we here in Ireland are now gonna be getting our very own Saint George. They’re organising marches already . One of the posts even said IBLM too ! ( Irish Black Lives Matter) so anyway expect this identity politics to cone in strong now , . Expect god knows what after that .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement