Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man Shot by Gardai in Clonee

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

Shot 4 times and still swinging the blade. Thankfully there where a few Gardai present to deal with him otherwise this could have ended tragically.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Great to see AGS use this level of force.

The problem with scumbags like that is they simply don't fear them. Hopefully this instils a bit of fear. Hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,410 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Rikand wrote: »
    Just saw that far away video

Jesus, he was some eejit to be taking swings at the guards with the knife. He wanted to die and I'm glad the gardaí obliged. One less nutjob out there making the world a less safe place to live

He’s not thinking twice about swinging a knife at multiple Gardai, if a few of us are stood at the bus stop tomorrow, he sure as fûck won’t be thinking twice about swinging it at us... the only logical end to the events he started was exactly what happened unfortunately... he is responsible for that... his brain, his body, his knife, his actions, his decision... I know it’s 2020 where personal responsibility is frowned upon by the wokies and further afield too but hey... these the facts... threatened people with a deadly weapon, attempted to attack people with a deadly weapon.. paid the ultimate price... good outcome all things considered ... no innocent people hurt in the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,402 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Strumms wrote: »
    He’s not thinking twice about swinging a knife at multiple Gardai, if a few of us are stood at the bus stop tomorrow, he sure as fûck won’t be thinking twice about swinging it at us... the only logical end to the events he started was exactly what happened unfortunately... he is responsible for that... his brain, his body, his knife, his actions, his decision... I know it’s 2020 where personal responsibility is frowned upon by the wokies and further afield too but hey... these the facts... threatened people with a deadly weapon, attempted to attack people with a deadly weapon.. paid the ultimate price... good outcome all things considered ... no innocent people hurt in the situation.

Apart from the shop assistant. That's where my sympathies lie. Get well soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

He is just a working class nobody to the woke activists.

The modern left are "so over" people like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,410 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Truth, I was just referring to the end standoff but that’s important, as you say, he did hurt somebody showing he was capable of more.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Get Real

People killed by police in USA per capita, per year, 34.8per million (2019)

People killed in Ireland by police per capita, per year, 0.1 per million. (1 person every decade, per million)

Note, the USA figure is 340 times higher per capita than ours.

Combined with the videos going about, the odds stack heavily, that a trigger wasn't pulled for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭furiousox

Maybe we should have let him stab a couple of guards before being restrained?
    He then could have had his day in court and explained how he was off his head on a mixture of legal/illegal drugs and had no recollection of the incident.
    He could offer his sincere remorse to all the people he stabbed on the day in question.
    He could then plead for leniency (despite his 74 previous convictions) before being handed a 4 year sentence with the final 18 months suspended? :rolleyes:

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

#JusticeForGeorgeNkencho

Stick that into Twitter search bar.

Sickening

• Registered Users Posts: 15,627 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Ginger83 wrote: »
    I hope the staff in the shop are ok.

+1

No time for the attacker

• Advertisement

Tzardine wrote: »
    Unconfirmed reports that he robbed the local spar and stabbed the manager, was then chased back to his house and shot in the front garden.

Videos doing the rounds from the top window of the neighbours house. Shows him being worked on by ambulance and then taken off.

So robbed a shop and stabbed a manager. Sorry but I don’t have any sympathy in this case

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

So robbed a shop and stabbed a manager. Sorry but I don’t have any sympathy in this case

Did not stab him as it turns out, but seriously assaulted him.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭mcgragger

Tpcl20 wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/man-dies-after-being-shot-by-garda%C3%AD-following-standoff-in-co-dublin-1.4447470

He was wielding a knife in his garden and the gardaí tried to subdue him with non-lethal force before they shot at him five times, hitting him three times and killing him.

His family were in the house at the time but have been brought elsewhere.

A crazy situation with a very unfortunate outcome. Stuff like this happens here rarely enough that it's still shocking to me. I hope this isn't a precedent, especially after seeing the force with which the stupid gurriers on the Luas throwing bottles were manhandled off it.

I know the Gardaí like everyone else are at the end of their tether at the moment, but there's a worrying increase in violent apprehensions of offenders. Fair enough if it's warranted, but that guy literally brought a knife to a gun fight.

I have seen the videos. He would have killed or maimed a Guard. He got what he deserved.
    Maybe the next arsehole will think twice

• Registered Users Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

#JusticeForGeorgeNkencho

Sickening

Would rather not. Outrage brigade out in force on there it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,959 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Gardai were right. I salute them, they did everything possible to subdue a person who was off his head. He's gone, but he didn't get the chance to kill anyone thankfully.

Law abiding lives matter after all.

Ppl on Twitter alleging the attacker was full of drugs before during and after his violent spree

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭screamer

Too many gardai are injured and killed in the line of duty. If he was wielding a knife and wouldn’t put it down, I see this as a justified response. Why should gardai put their lives on the line for a job.....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,959 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Ppl on Twitter alleging the attacker was full of drugs before during and after his violent spree

I don't think there is any doubt about that. He could have got back in his house and massacred his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

#JusticeForGeorgeNkencho

Sickening

Will do more harm than good to the BLM movement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭PearseCork92

Just seeing they're trying to #BlackLivesMatter this incident on Twitter. Oh hell no. Some people are just spoiling for strife, FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Which side are they on?

One less scum bag to worry about. F**k him.

gary550 wrote: »
    Where was all this outrage energy when Mark Hennessy was shot dead (and rightfully so) by an armed gardai as he sat in his car?

Oh that's right, he was white

No, I'm sure there must be another reason...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

fullstop wrote: »
    Would rather not. Outrage brigade out in force on there it seems.

I just hope the media dont give it any air,

How long before racism accusations against the police.

I don't think there is any doubt about that. He could have got back in his house and massacred his family.

Without a doubt.

They’re well underaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Lots of Call of Duty players in this thread tonight...

I do find it fascinating that he was pepper sprayed and tasered first (according to rte) and that still didn't incapacitate him. I know tasers won't work on bulky clothing but for pepperspay not to work seems incredible...

In America I suspect he wouldn't have made it out of the store alive.

Muppet man

Social distancing wasnt a priority for this guy then.

• Advertisement

the video says all it needs to say.
    Person swinging a knife wildly at police. Gets taken down.
    Clear danger to life of a guard. Open and shut case.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement