Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

It's already too late.

The next government will be made up of left parties, then the real fun begins.

Labour already itching to change the anchor baby result.

We are screwed.

At the risk of being dinged for off topic posting here.

Sinn Féin are being very quite about the whole thing. I wouldn't despair yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

Wombatman wrote: »
    That's my whole point. These things aren't a matter of opinion. You shouldn't make up your mind about them until you know the facts.

The facts will speak for themselves in the end and may well support people's idealised version of events.

I actually don’t know what point you are making. You just seem to be asking non stop questions and offering nothing back. It’s a discussion forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Mwengwe

It doesn't count for anything.

are you sure, because we always hear that someone was a GAA 'figure'

• Registered Users Posts: 17,098 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/video-of-fatal-garda-shooting-of-man-in-front-garden-of-dublin-house-to-be-examined-1.4447683

Do you think this person received their injuries from means other than the use of the knife in question?

Go on, do another FACT flip-flop for us

The problem is that the facts are anything but clearcut.

He punched the manager in the face and then produced a machete from his pocket?

That's some roomy pocket to house a machete.

There were other reports that he attacked a staff member(supposedly a security guard) with the blade.

If you head to the shop with a machete are you going to then pop it in your pocket and punch someone in the face?

Also, a punch in the face doesn't tend to require a trip to hospital. The fact that this person was hospitalised would suggest a more serious injury.

The facts are that he was brandishing a large blade, the idea that he was able to put it in his pocket and only use his hands to assault somebody doesn't add up.

Glazers Out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

tara73 wrote: »
    where can one find this video or ist it taken down?

I actually just found and saw one from kind of far away, nothing visible, but the five gunshots surely to be heard.

and here is what I find indeed disturbing: why the need to fire 5 times? And even more disturbing, they don't seem to be fired in a matter of urgency or even panic, like very fast after each other, no, they have 1 or more seconds between them.
    I find that weird. I noticed there were some posters here who worked for AGS or in a police force with some knowledge and trained for situations like this. Are they still here? Maybe it's explainable? Their opinion on this would really interest me.

You take your time to aim and you don't stop firing until the target is subdued.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

He should definitely be picked up for those statements.

We can agree on that. Needs to be taken off the street and interviewed by the guards for those comments

They need to clarify if it was heat of the moment stuff - what does he mean by the “when we find him” comment?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Kraftwerk wrote: »
    The go fund me thing that started out at 5k to cover funeral expenses has been continually increased as it hit its targets. Currently almost at the new target of 15k. I'm sure once it reaches that it'll move along again.

Must be some funeral they're planning.

A fairly modest funeral in Dublin would cost 10-15k

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DwightSchrute1

That's my whole point. These things aren't a matter of opinion. You shouldn't make up your mind about them until you know the facts.

The facts will speak for themselves in the end and may well support people's idealised version of events.

You asked me why non lethal weapons were ineffective in this case. I replied I didn’t know why they didn’t work in this case but i said that drugs or mental health or both could reduce the effectiveness.

George’s family are saying he had mental illness so it’s fair to assume that might be a contributing factor in why the non lethal weapons had no effect

I am still awaiting your explanation as to why you think the pepper spray had no effect if it wasn’t due to drugs or mental health.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Show me where I'm suggesting that AGS were negligent please.

Do you think GSOC will be looking for answers to your questions?

I would hope GSOC explore all avenues from all sides to determine how the situation originated and closed.

The below queries from yourself suggest you are looking for answers which support either user error, insufficient training, improper deployment or mechanical malfunction. All of which would point to AGS negligence.
    Wow, some of the FACTS are changing now.

Did the Gardai hit him with the non-lethal weapons?
    What distance were they fired from?
    Where they functioning correctly, changed, expired?
    Why didn't the non-lethal weapons have the desired effect?

°°°°°

I'm beginning to wonder if the reported assault on the shop manager (supposedly a homophobic attack) are being mixed up in the media with what happened on the day of the shooting.

There seems to be a lot of misinformation being printed about this case so far.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

I would hope GSOC explore all avenues from all sides to determine how the situation originated and closed.

The below queries from yourself suggest you are looking for answers which support either user error, insufficient training, improper deployment or mechanical malfunction. All of which would point to AGS negligence.

I think this poster is hiding an agenda too.
    Just come out and say what you think.
    It’s a discussion board.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

At the risk of being dinged for off topic posting here.

Sinn Féin are being very quite about the whole thing. I wouldn't despair yet.

SF know they need the media onside to get elected and govern , hence why SF have embraced the progressive agenda with such gusto this past decade and especially since Mary Lou became leader

• Registered Users Posts: 31,090 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I am still awaiting your explanation as to why you think the pepper spray had no effect if it wasn’t due to drugs or mental health.

Hypothetically speaking, the unarmed garda could have been spraying the pepper from relatively close distance, and the armed garda could have been covering from off to the side with his firearm drawn.

The pepper spray hits, George is partially bllnded and runs forward swinging the blade. Armed garda opens fire.

I'm not saying this happened, but leaping to a drugs conclusion based on zero evidence is a bit scummy.

nullzero wrote: »
    So they're racists.

I think a decision needs to be made. If this is ok to say then it’s ok for all races to say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

So they're racists.

Black supremacists

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

The people who complain loudly about the badness of both sides could actually become the vocal intelligent middle. Ignore the extremes. It would help a lot if there were more radical centrists about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭HotDudeLife

I was never one for the theories that the EU are trying to out breed the Irish etc, however having witnessed what occurred yesterday, collectively, i do now agree that there is a clear agenda to replace the native Irish with cannon fodder welfare leeches. No mention on it on RTE, of course anyone who disagrees will just label me a conspiracy theorist, which is a very lazy and weak argument.

We must act now before it's too late. I genuinely fear for the future of native Irish people

Mod: Banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

So they're racists.

They can't be racist because white people have the magical wonderment of white privilege, thus all our dreams come true with little or no effort or sacrifice. I think that's how it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Fuxake. D'you ever feel like you get slimed in a thread... just from what others post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

I'm beginning to wonder if the reported assault on the shop manager (supposedly a homophobic attack) are being mixed up in the media with what happened on the day of the shooting.

There seems to be a lot of misinformation being printed about this case so far.

The guy who worked in the shop who was taken to hospital happened to be gay.

The guy who was shot happened to be black.

There was no homophobic attack and there was no racist shooting.

I was never one for the theories that the EU are trying to out breed the Irish etc, however having witnessed what occurred yesterday, collectively, i do now agree that there is a clear agenda to replace the native Irish with cannon fodder welfare leeches. No mention on it on RTE, of course anyone who disagrees will just label me a conspiracy theorist, which is a very lazy and weak argument.

We must act now before it's too late. I genuinely fear for the future of native Irish people

That’s definitely a tin foil hat opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DwightSchrute1

Lumen wrote: »
    Hypothetically speaking, the unarmed garda could have been spraying the pepper from relatively close distance, and the armed garda could have been covering from off to the side with his firearm drawn.

The pepper spray hits, George is partially bllnded and runs forward swinging the blade. Armed garda opens fire.

I'm not saying this happened, but leaping to a drugs conclusion based on zero evidence is a bit scummy.

Look at my previous posts, I stated that i did not know why the non lethal weapons were ineffective in this case, so I clearly didn’t leap to a drugs conclusion.

I did state that drugs and mental health or a combination of both can reduce the effectiveness of pepper spray and taser. I never once stated that George was on drugs. Nothing scummy about my posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,636 ✭✭✭obi604

Kraftwerk wrote: »
    The go fund me thing that started out at 5k to cover funeral expenses has been continually increased as it hit its targets. Currently almost at the new target of 15k. I'm sure once it reaches that it'll move along again.

Must be some funeral they're planning.

Only 10 can attend. The black lads will definitely adhere to this.

Mod: Threadbanned

Gruffalux wrote: »
    The people who complain loudly about the badness of both sides could actually become the vocal intelligent middle. Ignore the extremes. It would help a lot if there were more radical centrists about.

That’s the problem. The extremes on both sides are pushing their agendas hard any time something like this happens. People get sucked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Fuxake. D'you ever feel like you get slimed in a thread... just from what others post.

Yes. It's a shame it was just after your call to the intelligent centre. Unfortunately that other commenter is basically undebatable. You could point all sorts of data but it just won't get through the tinfoil.

Radical centrist is an oxymoron.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

You take your time to aim and you don't stop firing until the target is subdued.

I never used a gun in my life, so no expert, but I learnt earlier you aim for the 'mass', means the abdomen or chest. so if that happened, one can be pretty sure that person is done (not necessarily dead), but immediately out of order? so still no need to fire 5 gunshots?

But just came to my mind maybe they fired 4 warning shots, he got even more agitated and the last, the fifht shot was the fatal one. Think that's the most explainable scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Summer2020

tara73 wrote: »
    I never used a gun in my life, so no expert, but I learnt earlier you aim for the 'mass', means the abdomen or chest. so if that happened, one can be pretty sure that person is done (not necessarily dead), but immediately out of order? so still no need to fire 5 gunshots?

But just came to my mind maybe they fired 4 warning shots, he got even more agitated and the last, the fifht shot was the fatal one. Think that's the most explainable scenario.

There’s no such thing as warning shots. Every shot has to be justified and accounted for.

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

neonsofa wrote: »
    The guy who worked in the shop who was taken to hospital happened to be gay.

The guy who was shot happened to be black.

There was no homophobic attack and there was no racist shooting.

I mentioned the homophobic angle because it was mentioned that it was a homophobic attack. It may not have been, and if it wasn't then I stand corrected.

Glazers Out!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement