Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Rumor going around that a large group of males (20,30s) in the area are going to offering assistance to the Garda, if this happens again.

Quite a few gangs of Irish lads out that direction that would nip this in the bud pronto if they put aside differences for a day.

Thats a spectacularly bad idea, the press will jizzz themselves at the thought "Dublin: White gangs attack BLM protest"

Unless your community is being trashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

I see the thugs gofundme funeral cost goal post has moved again.

The bar was set at 6k
    It made this in no time. And was then set to 10k
    It made it past 10k and has been changed to 15k now.

It’s currently at 14k

I’m sure they’ll bump the goal post to 20k in a couple of hours.

Edit: just noticed this was posted already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    That’s the problem. The extremes on both sides are pushing their agendas hard any time something like this happens. People get sucked in.

The awful realisation is that some of the extremists are in our Dail, Seanad, Councils, NGOs, civil organisations, media etc

I hope people realise that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

I don’t think BLM were backing yesterday’s protest were they?
    It was just local teenagers

The bar was set at 6k

It’s currently at 14k

They must be going for the David Byrne style funeral.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

At the risk of being dinged for off topic posting here.

Sinn Féin are being very quite about the whole thing. I wouldn't despair yet.

Oh a few were mouthing off about extrajudicial killings on the day it happened.

****ing LOL at Sinn Fein moaning about that...

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

The bar was set at 6k

It’s currently at 14k

The money is going for someone's new year wish list for sure :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    The awful realisation is that some of the extremists are in our Dail, Seanad, Councils, NGOs, civil organisations, media etc

I hope people realise that.

Both sides are completely wrong. One side is definitely racist and I think you could argue the other side is racist too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Wombatman wrote: »
    What facts are you basing your final analysis on?

Did one of the Gardai say "Come at me with that knife you black bastard and I'll shoot you in the face"? I don't know. Do you?

Can we just hang on until all the facts come out and stop making ridiculous assumptions like the one I made above?

Mod:

What sort of proper debate is this? You are now threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Gruffalux wrote: »
    The people who complain loudly about the badness of both sides could actually become the vocal intelligent middle. Ignore the extremes. It would help a lot if there were more radical centrists about.
    The problem in any of these emotive topics is that anyone expressing a calm middling opinion immediately gets shouted down by both extremes as being typical far left/right. It's impossible to have a reasoned debate in those circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭amacca

tara73 wrote: »
    I never used a gun in my life, so no expert, but I learnt earlier you aim for the 'mass', means the abdomen or chest. so if that happened, one can be pretty sure that person is done (not necessarily dead), but immediately out of order? so still no need to fire 5 gunshots?

But just came to my mind maybe they fired 4 warning shots, he got even more agitated and the last, the fifht shot was the fatal one. Think that's the most explainable scenario.

Or one didn't subdue him and render him a threat no longer because he was high as a kite, nor did the second etc....thats another possibility....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

nullzero wrote: »
    I mentioned the homophobic angle because it was mentioned that it was a homophobic attack. It may not have been, and if it wasn't then I stand corrected.

Yeah I was just clarifying for you since you mentioned the mix up.

I think people initially were highlighting the fact he was gay to kind of point out that just because the guy who was attacked was of the lgbtq+ community, it didn't make it an inherently "homophobic" attack. In the same way that just because the guy who was shot was black, it doesn't make it a "racist" shooting.

I think some people thought the attack was because of his sexuality originally though. And then it somehow became reported that there were two separate incidents.

Ironically its the same logic used in both instances. That it must be because he was gay/black. But yeah, it was wrong place wrong time for the poor guy who was attacked. Dont think there was a motive per se. Just very unlucky he happened to be the one who got harmed.

Bambi wrote: »
    A fairly modest funeral in Dublin would cost 10-15k

You’ve obviously never buried someone before.
    Why do people feel the need to outright lie instead of throwing it into this fantastic thing we have called google.
    With a funeral and attendance of 10 people you’d probably wrap it up for 1k if you wanted.
    I suppose you’ll tell me the thug was swinging a rubber ducky next?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

Mwengwe wrote: »
    are you sure, because we always hear that someone was a GAA 'figure'

Certain.

carq wrote: »
    The reality is Ireland is a very tolerant country who looks after immigrants on the whole better than most countries (dp aside) .

I used to be all against Direct Provision but then I thought well actually these people are supposedly fleeing a threat to their lives. They somehow get all the way to Ireland from impending death, a few months free board doesn't seem like much of a hardship in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Biscuitus

The bar was set at 6k

It’s currently at 14k

I don't have a problem when a family finds themselves in debt from the actions of one of their family and people set up a go fund me to help but the wording makes it out as if he wasn't to blame. A simple "funeral costs being covered would help us greatly in this trying time" would have sufficed.

How about a GoFund me for the other victims too?

tara73 wrote: »
    I never used a gun in my life, so no expert, but I learnt earlier you aim for the 'mass', means the abdomen or chest. so if that happened, one can be pretty sure that person is done (not necessarily dead), but immediately out of order? so still no need to fire 5 gunshots?

But just came to my mind maybe they fired 4 warning shots, he got even more agitated and the last, the fifht shot was the fatal one. Think that's the most explainable scenario.

Gardai do not shoot warning shots at armed persons in a housing estate.
    They shoot to eliminate the threat. In this case when he went down, they stopped shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭cassette50

The bar was set at 6k

It’s currently at 14k

Come on, have a heart. The money can be used to bury the thug in the finest North Face tracksuit money can buy and Canada Goose jacket with some accessories and I'm sure the family would make a donation to cover the medical expenses of his victims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

Don't be ridiculous. It was a feather duster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Summer2020 wrote: »
    There’s no such thing as warning shots. Every shot has to be justified and accounted for.

Maybe not in AGS but 'warning shots' and 'containing shots' are taught in the Defence Forces, so they do exist and do have a place in the graduation of responses.

• Advertisement

Biscuitus wrote: »
    I don't have a problem when a family finds themselves in debt from the actions of one of their family and people set up a go fund me to help but the wording makes it out as if he wasn't to blame. A simple "funeral costs being covered would help us greatly in this trying time" would have sufficed.

How about a GoFund me for the other victims too?

Someone should start one for the shop workers and the Garda who pulled the trigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    Both sides are completely wrong. One side is definitely racist and I think you could argue the other side is racist too.

This is nothing to do with racism and everything to do with the far left desperately trying to align themselves with whatever the flavour of the month is in the US.

Brid Smith, Roderic O Gorman, Sinn Fein, Lynn Ruane, Paul Murphy, Ruth Coppinger etc are nothing but charlatans trying to destabilise society.

Woke politics is a pervasive cancer in society and it needs to be dealt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Can I just point out that in the past 20 years;

6 people have been shot dead by Gardai.

6 people that were shot dead, were armed and actively involved I'm endangering lives.

5 of those were white Irish. Thats right, this is the first non white, non Irish person!

16 Gardai have given their lives in the line of duty

Of those 16, 6 were intentionally killed by criminals that the Gardai were attempting to stop.

Of those 6, the past 3 were deliberately shot dead.

Gardai have been killed in a greater number then Gardai kill. The number of deliberate killings is equal. How the **** can anyone claim either race or trigger happiness is involved?

This post needs to go viral, not a user of the twitter but somebody should share it. Seems that certain sections get all their “facts” from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

Oh a few were mouthing off about extrajudicial killings on the day it happened.

****ing LOL at Sinn Fein moaning about that...

there is a SF activist on twitter giving her input; don't know how high up she is.. https://twitter.com/drorfh/status/1344563257173045249

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

You’ve obviously never buried someone before.
    Why do people feel the need to outright lie instead of throwing it into this fantastic thing we have called google.
    With a funeral and attendance of 10 people you’d probably wrap it up for 1k if you wanted.

a grand would barely pay for a coffin. plus graves are not cheap. 5K minimum to bury somebody in dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,016 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

rodDaly69 wrote: »
    The brother doesn't know what he's gonna do now he has no "big bro".

But he does know if he finds the Garda he is going to "terminate" him.

He's also enjoying his time playing with the megaphone and whipping up his little crowd. Definitely the face of a heartbroken young angel.

Link: https://streamable.com/mwz0tt

And he stayed inside the house looking out the window while the whole thing unfolded. Hadn’t the guts to go out and tell his brother to put down the knife.
    I have a feeling the family were afraid of the big brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

there is a SF activist on twitter giving her input; don't know how high up she is.. https://twitter.com/drorfh/status/1344563257173045249

Mental health is the buzzword excuse for everything these days, complete bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Wombatman wrote: »
    Why weren't they effective in this instance?

The prongs/barbs on a Taser Gun, are 8-10 mm long, if a person is wear bulky clothing, they may not make contact with the skin, thus making them ineffective

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭hynesie08

If you need proof that social media isn't the real world, live footage of his "vigil" at the spire....

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/ireland/leinster/dublin/dublin-o-connell-street.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Thats the exact brainwashing nonsense trotted out to excuse bad behavior. Being black seems to me make you immune from repercussions. Play the race card. Being a bit of a headbanger also absolved you. Play the mental health card.
    Play them both together for added bonus.
    F**k off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement