Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

Beltby wrote: »
    Wait for the official inquiry before jumping the gun.

you forgot: no pun intended:D

this is a discussion froum. I'm interested in the knowledge from experts on this, fair enough I would say. And I'm stating the facts, nothing made up.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

eurokev wrote: »
    Incitement to murder a member of the Gardai. Nice. And nothing will happen to him.
    tara73 wrote: »
    so if the shots were no warning shots, it's safe to say that there are in general several shots (like 5 here) from a professional gun and a professionally trained person necessary to bring a human being down, which has a knife in his hands like here, that it's no danger anymore?

Sorry, but I still can't bring myself to believe this. somethings not right with this.
    Forget hollywood. That's the problem you're having. It's totally unrealistic. People generally fall down when they're shot because that's what they've seen on telly and in films. No really.

In reality unless the round hits something vital to motor function like the brain or spine one shot won't usually drop someone instantly. Someone running on adrenalin can keep on coming after several rounds to the body, until shock and blood loss causes them to fall. One reason why tasers became popular in the US wasn't because they were safer, but because they were better than bullets in taking down those on stimulant drugs because when they make the correct contact they instantly scramble motor functions.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

They should remember though that they aren't entitled to an opinion according to these people

https://twitter.com/merj_ireland/status/1344986973690355712

They'll gladly take your money if you are white, but other than that you can fuck off

Divisive cunts

They're genuine racists, yet they'll be defended by many right on types. The same people who regular scream racist at moderates without evidence. Their behavior would be something we could all get a laugh out of it it wasn't so serious and consequential.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Infini wrote: »
    What. A. Fúcking. Gobshíte.

Seriously is this lad not even remotely aware that he can be in serious trouble with the guards for this kind of carryon?

[sarcasm]

"Enter the black racists. Can't let the whites have a monopoly on this now can't we we GOT to get in on this too!"

[/sarcasm]
    Surely this is a criminal offence?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

so if the shots were no warning shots, it's safe to say that there are in general several shots (like 5 here) from a professional gun and a professionally trained person necessary to bring a human being down, which has a knife in his hands like here, that it's no danger anymore?

Sorry, but I still can't bring myself to believe this. somethings not right with this.

I don't know if you have watched the video of that happened, but I have and it's very clear the he was trying to stab or slash one of the Gardaí, and that's when he was shot. If the Gardaí had not been armed then one of them could easily be dead now. They're not paid enough to take stab wounds.

The video shows this very plainly, and that it all happened very quickly. I would imagine that if you are firing a gun in that sort of situation, it may not be possible to tell if any of your shots have missed until it's over. This was a tragedy either way, but that doesn't mean that someone is criminally culpable for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

They should remember though that they aren't entitled to an opinion according to these people

https://twitter.com/merj_ireland/status/1344986973690355712

They'll gladly take your money if you are white, but other than that you can fuck off

Divisive cunts

I was in Blanch shopping centre yesterday and it was fairly scary experience. I can take care of myself but I was there with my 9 year old. Was lucky enough to be in a shop which was able to close its doors for a few minutes. Was parked close enough to a main door too thankfully

Really think Gardai need to stop being so passive and start making arrests and to hell with the lobby groups pushing the racism agenda or risking upsetting people. These people yesterday are nothing more then feral scum and there needs to be some proper action taken. If it needs threatening to remove their right to live here to get the parents to control their offspring then do it.

The dead man's brother today declared he wants the gardai present on Wednesday killed. That really needs to end up with charges pressed against him.

The media are fairly quiet on this too which is not helping. Like RTE ran with an interview of one protestor saying "George was a lovely fella who wouldn't harm a fly" literally 24 hours after he put an innocent man in hospital with fairly serious facial injuries

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

https://mobile.twitter.com/wlrfm/status/1345045745997651970

I'm sure there were more Round the country.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

deise08 wrote: »

Fairly small attendance judging by the photo. I don't see any mass demonstrations occurring.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

gozunda wrote: »
    Social media organisers organised a vigil / protest re George Nkencho at the Spire and in Eyre Square today (that despite the nationwide lockdown)
    https://twitter.com/merj_ireland/status/1344986961002508288?s=20

https://i.imgflip.com/4s8plp.jpg

They advised ...

Ironically they then post this - detailing the chant for this 'respectful' 'vigil' calling out all those racist "cops" / "gardai" / "army" killing black people

4s8po3.jpg

How exactly is any of that blatant hate speech 'respectful' or even based on a fact?

This is the type of disgusting organised baiting that does no one any favours.

This is a fukcing put-on, right?

They just straight up lifted slogans from the US protests over George Floyd that have nothing to do with the reality of what is happening in this country.

I has to be someone trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

wiggle16 wrote: »
    I don't know if you have watched the video of that happened, but I have and it's very clear the he was trying to stab or slash one of the Gardaí, and that's when he was shot. If the Gardaí had not been armed then one of them could easily be dead now. They're not paid enough to take stab wounds.

The video shows this very plainly, and that it all happened very quickly. I would imagine that if you are firing a gun in that sort of situation, it may not be possible to tell if any of your shots have missed until it's over. This was a tragedy either way, but that doesn't mean that someone is criminally culpable for it.

Clearly this people can't comprehend or mentally understand that a knife can kill, whether it be a pocket knife or machete.....

People are dangerous and if he was given even a second that officer and others could be dead.

Shoot the knife was thrown out there, where do they think the bullets go if blindly shooting, these are highly trained officers and clearly by the stats they rarely use them as the last officer involved shooting was where his own weapon was unloaded into him and murdered....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭amacca

Surely this is a criminal offence?

Authorities might be afraid to do anything in case it incites further tensions.....I hope this is not the case.

Notwithstanding the fact that is exactly what this group are doing....but sure let them at it in case rightfully challenging them might worsen the situation....i say this tongue in cheek.....I hope this hate speech legislation when it can be is applied equally to both sides or else it doesnt have the value of toilet paper.

It's cold and they all had to go back to work.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

touts wrote: »
    He just threatened to execute a Garda???? And was cheered by the mob??????

How the **** can RTE continue to ignore this?

Because its not part of their agenda. All media has an agenda and RTE's isn't about reporting facts or the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Have you been shot many times yourself Tara?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

walshb's threadban has been lifted after discussion via pm.

Honestly if I made a death threat on video to a Garda or to all of them what would be done? Honest question and I'm white so go easy on me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

I've seen more people in the Thursday mornings specials queue for Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭fluke

I wasn't aware the fatality was that of a black man until Twitter had a meltdown. It's sad but shootings aren't that uncommon.

I'd argue the protests 'but he was black', is arguably racist in itself and more damaging to any cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭mcgragger

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    I was in Blanch shopping centre yesterday and it was fairly scary experience. I can take care of myself but I was there with my 9 year old. Was lucky enough to be in a shop which was able to close its doors for a few minutes. Was parked close enough to a main door too thankfully

Really think Gardai need to stop being so passive and start making arrests and to hell with the lobby groups pushing the racism agenda or risking upsetting people. These people yesterday are nothing more then feral scum and there needs to be some proper action taken. If it needs threatening to remove their right to live here to get the parents to control their offspring then do it.

The dead man's brother today declared he wants the gardai present on Wednesday killed. That really needs to end up with charges pressed against him.

The media are fairly quiet on this too which is not helping. Like RTE ran with an interview of one protestor saying "George was a lovely fella who wouldn't harm a fly" literally 24 hours after he put an innocent man in hospital with fairly serious facial injuries

Its time to dig up the guns and take it to the animals. ****in running amok on the streets.

The dead criminal is just that, a criminal that took it to far.

Out on bail for smashing his girlfriend with a hammer, over 30 convictions.
    Robbed and beat an old lady in Hartstown park.

But yeah a lovely fella never hurt a fly they say. Got what he deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Clearly this people can't comprehend or mentally understand that a knife can kill, whether it be a pocket knife or machete.....

People are dangerous and if he was given even a second that officer and others could be dead.

Shoot the knife was thrown out there, where do they think the bullets go if blindly shooting, these are highly trained officers and clearly by the stats they rarely use them as the last officer involved shooting was where his own weapon was unloaded into him and murdered....

Some tit on another forum was trying to compare a machete to a prison skiv, get the notion the guy has other issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

fluke wrote: »
    I wasn't aware the fatality was that of a black man until Twitter had a meltdown. It's sad but shootings aren't that uncommon.

I'd argue the protests 'but he was black', is arguably racist in itself and more damaging to any cause.

Gardai have discharged firearms a total of 22 times in the last 5 or 6 years including Wednesday according to a Google search I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

In any country he probably would be looking at charges, not this sad excuse of a country though. then again those police forces would batter protestors if they were breaking the law. Certain parts of Dublin ae going to be no go areas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Honestly if I made a death threat on video to a Garda or to all of them what would be done? Honest question and I'm white so go easy on me.

Honestly. Some of this is the ubiquity of people stupidly using non-stop cameras catching everything and magnifying it in the moment by dispersion over internet. That boy looks quite young. He is caught up in a moment. Foolishly. And dangerously. That is why politicians should not have given any fuel to this possibility. It would have been better to be stern, actually. To come out like some strict judge and say all matters will be investigated promptly and not do any emotional pandering to anyone. That kid needs to be brought in home and kept off the streets before he shoots his mouth off any more. And the IDIOTIC NGOs full of social justice warriors who feed off manufacturing trouble and who had luxurious upbringings and gap years in Indonesia need to keep their fcuking mouths shut too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

This is the Tueller Drill, which was a study under taken by the police force of Salt Lake City in the US state of Utah.

Sergeant Dennis Tueller of the Salt Lake City Police Department wondered how quickly an attacker with a knife, or other melee weapon, could cover 21 feet (6.4 m), so he timed volunteers as they raced to stab the target. He determined that it could be done in 1.5 seconds

Count that out yourself now. 1.5 seconds. From 6.4 metres. As awful as I feel for the dead man, was he even that far away? A shorter distance could be covered much quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STspPota7es

Please anybody who has never faced down such a threat and tried to calm a situation have a look. It was posted earlier.

Looks like AGS did a good days work where they all went home.

A knife is a scary weapon that while may not kill you if slashed will leave you scarred forever and it would only take one stab to kill you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭fluke

Gardai have discharged firearms a total of 22 times in the last 5 or 6 years including Wednesday according to a Google search I did.

I said shootings, not necessarily Garda or lawful shootings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

• Registered Users Posts: 56,377 ✭✭✭✭walshb

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    In any country he probably would be looking at charges, not this sad excuse of a country though. then again those police forces would batter protestors if they were breaking the law. Certain parts of Dublin ae going to be no go areas

Indeed.

Serious lack of firm and tough leadership as regards justice and crime..

The criminals are not society’s problem. The response/reaction and treatment of them from us is the problem..

And it is getting worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭megatron989

Not nearly enough judging by the absolute scum we have running about parts of our country, terrorising communities.
    Maybe we should swap the guards with the american police for a month or two, would do wonders for both countries I'd say.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement