Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    The dead man's brother today declared he wants the gardai present on Wednesday killed. That really needs to end up with charges pressed against him.

That seems like a serious crime. Incitement to murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Not nearly enough judging by the absolute scum we have running about parts of our country, terrorising communities.
    Maybe we should swap the guards with the american police for a month or two, would do wonders for both countries I'd say.

No thanks. People don’t want this sort of extremism and them vs us with authorities.

A few more guards would be nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

NIMAN wrote: »
    Social media is the biggest danger to a normal society these days, and its worrying just how it can affect impressionable minds.

Just reading through the earlier comments today so this might have been said already, but this comment deserves highlighting as it's 100% true.

The damage being done by US-led identity politics and deliberate manipulation of facts and people on the likes of Twitter, Facebook, and the rest can be clearly seen with the whole BLM movement (as the most recent example) and particularly as it's being wholly-inappropriately applied to Ireland where we have no history of racial tension, slaver history or colonialism, and are not responsible for the actions of other cultures or nations who do.

As I've said before (and quoting the late David Bowie :)), this is not America and we should not be importing their problems or societal issues into Ireland.

Social media has made it FAR too easy for every lunatic with a mobile phone to have their views broadcast to the planet in seconds, and because formerly respected news outlets now have unlimited virtual column inches or 24/7 broadcasts to fill, all too often is the latest "trend" or "viral post" picked up and regurgitated without any research and thus given legitimacy at the same time.

Forget about taxing these companies - it's regulation of some of the content they allow that's needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

Heckler wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STspPota7es

Please anybody who has never faced down such a threat and tried to calm a situation have a look. It was posted earlier.

Looks like AGS did a good days work where they all went home.

A knife is a scary weapon that while may not kill you if slashed will leave you scarred forever and it would only take one stab to kill you.

Amateurs should have severed his achilles tendons with the first shot so he couldn't walk.

I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home. They're not much bigger than two meters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

tara73 wrote: »
    so if the shots were no warning shots, it's safe to say that there are in general several shots (like 5 here) from a professional gun and a professionally trained person necessary to bring a human being down, from a very short distance, which has a knife in his hands like here (not a gun themselvves), that it's no danger anymore?

Sorry, but I still can't bring myself to believe this. somethings not right with this.

Here is the reality of a knife attack. Warning this is graphic.
    The person with the knife took several shots and still got up fighting.

Here is another demonstration of a knife attack in a controlled environment.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭PearseCork92

eurokev wrote: »

I understand he is in shock and grief, but the parents need to get him inside and to a counsellor - he should not be on a microphone inciting violence to a crowd with their blood up. Leadership needed from someone in the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

touts wrote: »
    I'd say the shop assistant who was slashed with a machete felt some fear as George stood over him.

You don’t need to make stuff like that up. It doesn’t really help your cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Honestly if I made a death threat on video to a Garda or to all of them what would be done? Honest question and I'm white so go easy on me.

Doesn’t matter your skin colour. AGS would assume your less than wise threats are based on your emotional distress but would keep a very close eye on you and in the very near future advise you that it would be unwise to issue further threats when less emotional.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,359 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Sarcozies wrote: »
    Can anyone answer if we have ever seen large gangs of Asian Irish on the streets causing anything near to what was seen yesterday?

If not, why is that since they have been on the island longer in larger numbers than other demographics?

They work, open businesses, pay their dues, behave themselves, don't have a victim complex.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I understand he is in shock and grief, but the parents need to get him inside and to a counsellor - he should not be on a microphone inciting violence to a crowd with their blood up. Leadership needed from someone in the community.

Does he have parents? We've seen mention of a mother, sister and brother, but I've actually seen nothing about a father here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,509 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    This is the Tueller Drill, which was a study under taken by the police force of Salt Lake City in the US state of Utah.

Count that out yourself now. 1.5 seconds. From 6.4 metres. As awful as I feel for the dead man, was he even that far away? A shorter distance could be covered much quicker.

But is that from a runners start? Yes, it’s short but not empirical.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

Kraftwerk wrote: »
    Amateurs should have severed his achilles tendons with the first shot so he couldn't walk.

I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home. They're not much bigger than two meters.

Shot to the achilles ?!? are you for real 😂😁😁 while someone is moving??

I shoot, and have never heard of any L.O that's trained to shoot someone's achilles. I shoot with special branch at my club and it's torso or a head shot is what they practice

Achilles 😁

Happy new year "The Waco kid"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,110 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Steve012 wrote: »
    Shot to the achilles ?!? are you for real 😂😁😁 while someone is moving??

I shoot, and have never heard of any L.O that's trained to shoot someone's achilles. I shoot with special branch at my club and it's torso or a head shot is what they practice

Achilles 😁

Check your sarcasm detector there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,956 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I've seen footage of the mother and son being attacked outside Circle K yesterday and it's scary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

Steve012 wrote: »
    Shot to the achilles ?!? are you for real ��ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ while someone is moving??

Achilles ðŸ˜

I was joking... I also lied about the womp rats :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Doesn’t matter your skin colour. AGS would assume your less than wise threats are based on your emotional distress but would keep a very close eye on you and in the very near future advise you that it would be unwise to issue further threats when less emotional.

I know for a fact skin colour now does matter....

It doesn't to me but wake up we are in a very different world and its way out of hand

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Overheal wrote: »

So what's your stance on it?

Shoot the knife?

gozunda wrote: »
    Social media organisers organised a vigil / protest re George Nkencho at the Spire and in Eyre Square today (that despite the nationwide lockdown)
    https://twitter.com/merj_ireland/status/1344986961002508288?s=20

https://i.imgflip.com/4s8plp.jpg

They advised ...

Ironically they then post this - detailing the chant for this 'respectful' 'vigil' calling out all those racist "cops" / "gardai" / "army" killing black people

4s8po3.jpg

How exactly is any of that blatant hate speech 'respectful' or even based on a fact?

This is the type of disgusting organised baiting that does no one any favours.

There was literally nothing to see there. Someone posted the live cam earlier. There were a handful there peacefully standing around, socially distanced.

Whatever about the rights and wrongs of the incident, peaceful protest is a thing that we're all allowed to do in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Overheal wrote: »

100% can't confirm, I can see what your saying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

Witcher wrote: »
    Check your sarcasm detector there.

I being honest, one of those ridiculous things I've ever heard, why not go for a little finger nail shot... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,359 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

So what's your stance on it?

Shoot the knife?

Issue the armed response unit with pickaxe handles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Too many people watching movies and not knowing the practicalities of shooting during a tense situation.

I personally think the Garda did the right thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

titan18 wrote: »
    Does he have parents? We've seen mention of a mother, sister and brother, but I've actually seen nothing about a father here
    Well the impression given by some is that he was almost a Christlike figure so maybe no father required.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

A gofundme setup for the security guard

https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-wayne-in-his-recovery?utm_campaign=m_pd+share-sheet&utm_medium=copy_link_all&utm_source=customer

It reads

Wayne is a manager from our local Eurospar. He is one of the nicest people you could met. He was violently attacked while in work. This page has been set up to support Wayne in his recovery and to let him know the whole of Blanchardstown and beyond are behind him ❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭del roy

anewme wrote: »
    I've seen footage of the mother and son being attacked outside Circle K yesterday and it's scary.

Were there any arrests over this incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

There was literally nothing to see there. Someone posted the live cam earlier. There were a handful there peacefully standing around, socially distanced.

Whatever about the rights and wrongs of the incident, peaceful protest is a thing that we're all allowed to do in this country.

A different gathering had a large crowd cheering when the dead man's brother declared "i want the gardai terminated"

That cannot be allowed to go unchecked. I dont care about his current family situation. Gardai need to charge him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,097 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-wayne-in-his-recovery?utm_campaign=m_pd+share-sheet&utm_medium=copy_link_all&utm_source=customer

It reads

Wayne is a manager from our local Eurospar. He is one of the nicest people you could met. He was violently attacked while in work. This page has been set up to support Wayne in his recovery and to let him know the whole of Blanchardstown and beyond are behind him ❤️

€200 raised so far.

€15k raised for his attacker.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

del roy wrote: »
    Were there any arrests over this incident.

Nope and there won't be. Because the likes of MERJ etc will play the race card and it would be dropped anyway.

It reads

Is there anything assurance that this is genuine?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

mcgragger wrote: »
    Its time to dig up the guns and take it to the animals. ****in running amok on the streets.

The dead criminal is just that, a criminal that took it to far.

Out on bail for smashing his girlfriend with a hammer, over 30 convictions.
    Robbed and beat an old lady in Hartstown park.

But yeah a lovely fella never hurt a fly they say. Got what he deserved.

Mod

Dont post in this thread again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement