Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

A gofundme setup for the security guard

https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-wayne-in-his-recovery?utm_campaign=m_pd+share-sheet&utm_medium=copy_link_all&utm_source=customer

It reads

Wayne is a manager from our local Eurospar. He is one of the nicest people you could met. He was violently attacked while in work. This page has been set up to support Wayne in his recovery and to let him know the whole of Blanchardstown and beyond are behind him ❤️

Is that legit? As in the security guard will actually get the money because I'll donate if it is - I'm just wary is all

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Jane98

anewme wrote: »
    I've seen footage of the mother and son being attacked outside Circle K yesterday and it's scary.

Why were they attacked?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

There was literally nothing to see there. Someone posted the live cam earlier. There were a handful there peacefully standing around, socially distanced.

Whatever about the rights and wrongs of the incident, peaceful protest is a thing that we're all allowed to do in this country.

Were you there?

One photo can't always tell the complete story, the videos yesterday showed a totally different scene, im sure though most of them have gone back to their jobs.....

• Registered Users Posts: 56,377 ✭✭✭✭walshb

del roy wrote: »
    Were there any arrests over this incident.

Hoping at least the Gardai are pursuing the matter, whether or not the victims made a complaint/statement!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Sarcozies wrote: »
    Can anyone answer if we have ever seen large gangs of Asian Irish on the streets causing anything near to what was seen yesterday?

If not, why is that since they have been on the island longer in larger numbers than other demographics?

Yep. May '79 on Abbey St. in Dublin. Warring Triads in a dispute over restaurants went at each other with machetes and in this case they were actual machetes.

Art O' Callaghan Irish Indo photographer caught some great shots of the events.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    A different gathering had a large crowd cheering when the dead man's brother declared "i want the gardai terminated"

That cannot be allowed to go unchecked. I dont care about his current family situation. Gardai need to charge him.

This was posted in the thread way earlier. I commented then that I didn't like it. This spire thing was a separate "event" altogether. Let's not conflate the two: one was a few standing around doing no harm to nobody, the other appeared to be an incitement to people to cause harm.

Jane98 wrote: »
    Why were they attacked?

For been white is my guess as look at them attacking the shop, the security in blanch and the man in the transit, these were all white people going about their day not bothering anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Is that legit? As in the security guard will actually get the money because I'll donate if it is - I'm just wary is all

I honestly don’t know I seen it on social media.
    I can’t vouch for this. I won’t be donating. Just thought I’d share anyway as it seems relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Why were they attacked?

I believe it's because they had the temerity to be white

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-wayne-in-his-recovery?utm_campaign=m_pd+share-sheet&utm_medium=copy_link_all&utm_source=customer

It reads

Wayne is a manager from our local Eurospar. He is one of the nicest people you could met. He was violently attacked while in work. This page has been set up to support Wayne in his recovery and to let him know the whole of Blanchardstown and beyond are behind him ❤️

That's great to see hopefully it's supported. I will be donating anyway. Poor guy.

• Advertisement

Were you there?

One photo can't always tell the complete story, the videos yesterday showed a totally different scene, im sure though most of them have gone back to their jobs.....

It wasn't a photo. It was a live stream. When I checked it there was nothing going on beyond a number of people standing around and it looked like they were well spaced out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Why were they attacked?

Presumably because they were white and Irish

As I was in blanch yesterday, I saw several incidents in the shopping centre and thats the only reason I could see

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    A different gathering had a large crowd cheering when the dead man's brother declared "i want the gardai terminated"

That cannot be allowed to go unchecked. I dont care about his current family situation. Gardai need to charge him.

Carefully chosen word terminated. Allows him to claim he meant sacked from their jobs. But we will know what was really meant.

I honestly don’t know I seen it on social media.
    I can’t vouch for this. I won’t be donating. Just thought I’d share anyway as it seems relevant.

I found the girls Facebook who set it up.
    She friends of friends
    Seems legit in fairness.
    I’ll donate.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Here is the reality of a knife attack. Warning this is graphic.
    The person with the knife took several shots and still got up fighting.

Here is another demonstration of a knife attack in a controlled environment.

That first video is terrifying. Even the second video shows just how quickly things can change. If someone gets close enough to you with a knife, they can seriously fúck you up regardless of any training or weapons you may have to defend yourself with.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,377 ✭✭✭✭walshb

That's great to see hopefully it's supported. I will be donating anyway. Poor guy.

I assume people are verifying the credibility of these funds?

I would be very wary of these..

People use any event to scam..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭del roy

It reads

Nice one, he is going to have a crappy 2020, a few quid will/maybe a tiny help.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Carefully chosen word terminated. Allows him to claim he meant sacked from their jobs. But we will know what was really meant.

He used other words too. It sounds like "a contract on the fed" but its not clear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Just be careful jam, in case it's not going to him. I would too, if I know it is real.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Gruffalux wrote: »
    Just be careful jam, in case it's not going to him. I would too, if I know it is real.

Usually give it a day and it's not real, it'll be realised by then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

humberklog wrote: »
    Yep. May '79 on Abbey St. in Dublin. Warring Triads in a dispute over restaurants went at each other with machetes and in this case they were actual machetes.

My Dad used to tell me about that, they really went to town on each other, he was in town that night, they didn't go near anyone else just each other.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭PearseCork92

God you'd miss the great triad wars of the late-70s all the same wouldn't you?

walshb wrote: »
    I assume people are verifying the credibility of these funds?

I would be very wary of these..

People use any event to scam..

To be fair I actually have friends who are friends with the woman who set it up. She shared it on her Facebook I can’t see her trying to do someone as she would be known in Blanch

This clearly false. ;) We all know everything was just brilliant 20/40/60/80/100 years ago (cross out as applicable).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,956 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Why were they attacked?

Because they were white and at circle k when the mob passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

That first video is terrifying. Even the second video shows just how quickly things can change. If someone gets close enough to you with a knife, they can seriously fúck you up regardless of any training or weapons you may have to defend yourself with.

That really should be shared with every fcuking idiot on this thread asking why couldnt the guards disarm the lad in blanch. Considering he was much much closer with a significantly bigger weapon.

Even to not be injured and have the threat of harm whether with a weapon or not can be an extremely scary and traumatic experience which can cause people to suffer major health issues and even end up taking their own life.....

Why are we pandering to thugs and criminals?

Why aren't the hard working citizens that contribute getting better protection?

TDs need to be getting bombardment of questions and we need answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

There was literally nothing to see there. Someone posted the live cam earlier. There were a handful there peacefully standing around, socially distanced.

Whatever about the rights and wrongs of the incident, peaceful protest is a thing that we're all allowed to do in this country.

A protest advocating hate speech against others certainly doesn't equate to a 'vigil' no matter how anyone tries to dress it up ...

Edit: And a protest during a national lockdown - whether 'peaceful' or otherwise is certainly not on the permitted list ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

Wibbs wrote: »
    In reality unless the round hits something vital to motor function like the brain or spine one shot won't usually drop someone instantly. Someone running on adrenalin can keep on coming after several rounds to the body, until shock and blood loss causes them to fall. One reason why tasers became popular in the US wasn't because they were safer, but because they were better than bullets in taking down those on stimulant drugs because when they make the correct contact they instantly scramble motor functions.

so you're the expert here? If guns are that useless, why are they the last resort and not teasers as they are so much better as you describe? And they used teasers here, didn't you read it? And you actually tell the opposite from some with real knowledge here which was several times said: people on drugs apparently often don't react to teasers as was most probably the case with this guy.

God, I'm out, no gain in this one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭OS_Head

Steve012 wrote: »
    My Dad used to tell me about that, they really went to town on each other, he was in town that night, they didn't go near anyone else just each other.

Typical sensationalists words from the press. They weren't Triads or anything of the like. One restaurant was robbing employees and recipes from another and trying to move in their ground. Simple as.

Back in those days there was a mass exodus from China due to CCP human rights violations. (incidentally, continues to today). The likes of Hollywood and MSM were trying to make a quick buck off doom stories in that era. Btw, the CCP now owns Hollywood and MSM.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement