Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

givyjoe wrote: »
    That really should be shared with every fcuking idiot on this thread asking why couldnt the guards disarm the lad in blanch. Considering he was much much closer with a significantly bigger weapon.

One punch can kill then imagine what knife, screw driver etc can do....

Someone high on drugs or adrenaline can have super strength and any softly approach such as pepper spray, pellets, bean bags, taser will have no effect.

What would happen if he was allowed to kill an officer, then he has a gun, how many people could he kill then.....

I would suggest if anyone is unsure of what I say then look up police shootings on YouTube for example, it will blow one's mind and how in most cases the police don't want to shoot and really try everything to not do so which many have died by trying to where the thug got them 1st.

It's such a scary world.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

That first video is terrifying. Even the second video shows just how quickly things can change. If someone gets close enough to you with a knife, they can seriously fúck you up regardless of any training or weapons you may have to defend yourself with.

This can be demonstrated easily. Try get an opened Sharpie off someone without getting any marks on you. Then try it ten times to show it can be done consistently.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

tara73 wrote: »
    so you're the expert here? If guns are that useless, why are they the last resort and not teasers as they are so much better as you describe? And they used teasers here, didn't you read it? And you actually tell the opposite from some with real knowledge here which was several times said: people on drugs apparently often don't react to teasers as was most probably the case with this guy.

God, I'm out, no gain in this one.

You have no clue what you are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

To be fair I actually have friends who are friends with the woman who set it up. She shared it on her Facebook I can’t see her trying to do someone as she would be known in Blanch
    Does the victim himself endorse it? If it were me I'd be distancing myself from this sh*tshow at much as possible, not making a target out of myself for the idiots on one side and giving the racists on the other a platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

tara73 wrote: »
    so you're the expert here? If guns are that useless, why are they the last resort and not teasers as they are so much better as you describe? And they used teasers here, didn't you read it? And you actually tell the opposite from some with real knowledge here which was several times said: people on drugs apparently often don't react to teasers as was most probably the case with this guy.

God, I'm out, no gain in this one.

How in the name of God, are they supposed to tell if he is on something nor not?! Do an on the spot drug test and then resume thr hostilities?! They try non lethal first, doesn't stop the maniac with the knife so they forced to use lethal weapons to prevent one guard from having his head lobbed off. Not sure what logic you are using here and I use the word logic loosely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

FB video. Could be altered...
    His brother looking for guard's head

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2814421085492162&id=2250870808513862

• Registered Users Posts: 19,857 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

OS_Head wrote: »
    Typical sensationalists words from the press. They weren't Triads or anything of the like. One restaurant was robbing employees and recipes from another and trying to move in their ground. Simple as.

Given that it was the '70s, maybe they were just over exuberant and still breaking down the funky moves after coming out of the disco?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

That first video is terrifying. Even the second video shows just how quickly things can change. If someone gets close enough to you with a knife, they can seriously fúck you up regardless of any training or weapons you may have to defend yourself with.

This is why soldiers still use knives and bayonets and not just guns and train in hand to hand combat and to use aggression.
    In a life or death situation the fastest most violent aggressive individual can do serious damage and possibly win against an opponent or multiple opponents armed or unarmed.
    We have John Wayne wannabes who were never in a fight and never will be in a fight telling Gardaí what excessive force is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

One punch can kill then imagine what knife, screw driver etc can do....

Someone high on drugs or adrenaline can have super strength and any softly approach such as pepper spray, pellets, bean bags, taser will have no effect.

What would happen if he was allowed to kill an officer, then he has a gun, how many people could he kill then.....

I would suggest if anyone is unsure of what I say then look up police shootings on YouTube for example, it will blow one's mind and how in most cases the police don't want to shoot and really try everything to not do so which many have died by trying to where the thug got them 1st.

It's such a scary world.

It's not really. As much as the chest thumping, chauvinist, police-staters and OTOH the society destroying Trots claim that everything is ****, it's not really. The vast majority of people go about there business everyday with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

FB video. Could be altered...
    His brother looking for guard's head

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2814421085492162&id=2250870808513862

... The "fed" who shot his brother.
    Well he's clearly watching too much American TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Some of the posts on this thread are absolutely bizarre, the mental gymnastics some people are seemingly willing to engage in to try and blame the guards. Imagine there wasnt a video showing this thug lunging at guards with a huge knife. They'd have no hope defending themselves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

More footage from his brothers attempt to raise a mob earlier on:

https://twitter.com/1anayy/status/1345038418322063362

Apparently there were 35 Gardai at the scene not 12, the didn't taser him and also they shot him after he got down on the ground.

This is what we are up against. A gofundme set up while the body was still cooling and he's out lying about the incident in between calling for the Garda involved to be hunted down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

I was never one for the theories that the EU are trying to out breed the Irish etc, however having witnessed what occurred yesterday, collectively, i do now agree that there is a clear agenda to replace the native Irish with cannon fodder welfare leeches. No mention on it on RTE, of course anyone who disagrees will just label me a conspiracy theorist, which is a very lazy and weak argument.

We must act now before it's too late. I genuinely fear for the future of native Irish people

Mod: Banned

The EU will need the canon fodder for the inevitable invasion of the UK no doubt. :pac:

🙈🙉🙊

gozunda wrote: »
    A protest advocating hate speech against others certainly doesn't equate to a 'vigil' no matter how anyone tries to dress it up ...

Calling Gardaí racist is not hate speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

The Feds :pac::pac::pac:

Dopey cúnts

• Registered Users Posts: 16,359 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

0ph0rce0 wrote: »

Dopey cúnts

The what now?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Calling Gardaí racist is not hate speech.

Calling to have him killed is. Watch the whole thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

More footage from his brother attempt to raise a mob earlier on:

Apparently there were 35 Gardai at the scene not 12, the didn't taser him and also they shot him after he got down on the ground.

This is what we are up against. A gofundme set up while the body was still cooling and he's out lying about the incident in between calling for the Garda involved to be hunted down.

Hopefully there’s bodycam footage from at least one responder which will put all this nonsense to bed. And then maybe it’s time for immigration to take a magnifying glass to the people behind these **** stirring Twitter accounts and protests.

At the very least his big mouth brother needs to be pulled in tonight over his statements earlier today.

More footage from his brothers attempt to raise a mob earlier on:

He was standing and lunging towards the Gardaí in the video I saw of him being shot. Absolute nonsense from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

0ph0rce0 wrote: »

Dopey cúnts

Suppose it's better then the po po

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

The what now?

Calling the Garda the feds, If an Irish bloke said that to me I'd want him deported to a remote desert island to live out the rest of his days alone.

Calling to have him killed is. Watch the whole thing.

Christ. That was a different thing to the protest at the Spire Gozunda and I were discussing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Clearly this people can't comprehend or mentally understand that a knife can kill, whether it be a pocket knife or machete.....

People are dangerous and if he was given even a second that officer and others could be dead.

Shoot the knife was thrown out there
    , where do they think the bullets go if blindly shooting, these are highly trained officers and clearly by the stats they rarely use them as the last officer involved shooting was where his own weapon was unloaded into him and murdered....

These are the ones I remember, some coming from bluethick Twatterers
    1. Shoot the hand
    2. Shoot the knife
    3. Shoot the ear
    4. Shoot the foot
    5. Shoot the leg
    6. Throw a net over him
    7. Deploy a drone to drop a net over him
    8. Shoot a warning shot (at his porch/wall of house)
    9. Wait for someone with a PhD in Wellness (and possibly social/gender/race studies...) to come to talk to him

Christ. That was a different thing to the protest at the Spire we're discussing.

And the staff in Eurospar have been told the victim will be executed if he returns to work.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I found the girls Facebook who set it up.
    She friends of friends
    Seems legit in fairness.
    I’ll donate.

Popped a tenner on for the lad too.

I saw a very funny post on Twitter yesterday, I should've screened grabbed it. A girl was describing Wayne to someone= "Ah ye do know him, little gay fella with the gimpy leg".

Tenners worth right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gothic Insanity

I worked in a mental health ward for a time, and while I don't blame patients for thier behaviour....... But nobody seems to really understand how strong people can be.

I was picked up and thrown at a wall for being in the wrong place wrong time, the patient was triggered by a pervious situation and I just accidentally walked into the room. Flung like a rag doll!

He didn't have a knife and I was out of work for over two weeks.

Again it's sad for all, but if your on the receiving end of an assault it could end you health or life and employment prospects.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

GarIT wrote: »
    And the staff in Eurospar have been told the victim will be executed if he returns to work.
    Link?

GarIT wrote: »

Have you a source for this?

I'm not denying that there was thuggery going on yesterday under the guise of protesting.

I am denying that the from what I've seen that the "vigil" at the Spire today was anything other than a calm and peaceful, and small, demonstration.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭The_Dark_Lord

It's unsurprising but still shocking to see on social media, the attempts by the usual right-on brigade of suburban men and women and media types, to portray this man as some sort of martyr. Shielded by their affluence, they can afford to romanticise his life and death from a distance. The irony though, is that the majority of these comfortably middle-class types would silently but strongly object to an individual/individuals like this moving into their area. The sheltered residents of Donnybrook and the rest of Dublin 4 are showing just how servile they are to their idiocy and ignorance.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

I have been watching this since I heard about it and the rhetoric on both "sides" is maddening and, to be honest, upsetting. The problem with our society is that there is nothing that cannot be polarised anymore - an American infection that we have failed to stop from taking hold in Ireland.

There shouldn't be "sides" at all in relation to this event. This man's death was a tragedy for all involved, but has been hijacked by BLM idiots and by racists in equal measure.

The video clearly shows what happened, I don't believe there can be any debate about the Gardaí defending themselves - and this means that the protests are the result of two possibilities:
    1) that the people protesting have not watched the video
    2) that the people stirring up these protests are starting a dishonest conversation about being black in Ireland, which is only going to worsen any division that already existed.

There is a lot of racism in Irish society, but for people to say that that same racism has resulted in the death of a young man is demonstrably false and it should be condemned by our politicians and media. RTÉ, for example, is not carrying anything about these protests on its website and in doing so is leaving the conversation to people, racists and BLM sheep, who have a dishonest interest in how we talk about this incident.

I said this during the 2015 marriage referendum and I will say it again: it is not healthy for a group of people to be told over and over again that they are victims, because a resentment will build up that has no object to be directed towards and so when something like this happens it will be misconstrued as something it isn't, and that's what's happened here.
    During the lead up to the marriage referendum I heard a lot of young LGBT people talking about discrimination/homophobia in very militant terms, even when I knew that at their age and in the decade they reached adulthood they had never experienced anything like what I or any other gay people my age or older had experienced in the past. They talked as if they had been persecuted for their identity when they had not been.

I say that by way of contrast: we can guarantee that black kids in Ireland have all experienced some form of racism from their peers and from older people, and that's not okay. But when you combine that with a media narrative from another society, the US, and activists on social media telling them they they are being victimised, disenfranchised and hated, that people who don't look like them are against them, a false sense of deliberate, official persecution is developed.

And now that the Gardaí have, for the first time in the history of the force, killed a black person, that's been twisted into something it isn't. And because it is so demonstably errant, racists are having a field day because they can use this dishonest conversation being put forward by BLM supporters to discredit them and muddy the waters. That's why I'm saying I find it upsetting, because there are a lot of people being duped into believing something untrue which isn't going to go away and is going to create a division where previously none existed. Not to that extent in any case.

The people eulogising the late Mr Nkencho need to realise that they are being incredibly disrespectful to him, because they are making him a martyr to something that never happened.
    Clearly this people can't comprehend or mentally understand that a knife can kill, whether it be a pocket knife or machete.....

People are dangerous and if he was given even a second that officer and others could be dead.

This is exactly it. No one is paid enough to risk that kind of injury and people seem to think that if enough police pile onto someone then shooting is unjustified - but all a knife has to do is nick a major artery and you will bleed out very quickly, and at least one of those Gardaí is very lucky to have walked away from that house.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement