Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

For such a racist country,it makes me think, refugees,Nigerians,Asians, .. why flee to us ? Is the country your fleeing for your life from full of more white racists butchering and destroying your lives and homes?

I didn't think so.. would you rather go 'home' ? Than live here?

Didn't think so..

Would I get treated like you do here in your own home countries ?

Didn't think so..

But,us,..we..those that help ...are the fckin racists..it makes me sick listening to it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,857 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

More footage from his brothers attempt to raise a mob earlier on:

https://twitter.com/1anayy/status/1345038418322063362

Apparently there were 35 Gardai at the scene not 12, the didn't taser him and also they shot him after he got down on the ground.

This is what we are up against. A gofundme set up while the body was still cooling and he's out lying about the incident in between calling for the Garda involved to be hunted down.

I know it's a serious topic and all, but you have to laugh at the good oul' Fr. Ted inspired reply on the twitter

I'm no good at judging crowds but I'd say there were 2 million of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Have you a source for this?

I'm not denying that there was thuggery going on yesterday under the guise of protesting.

I am denying that the from what I've seen that the "vigil" at the Spire today was anything other than a calm and peaceful, and small, demonstration.

I haven't seen anything about the protest or vigil at the spire.

One of the staff from the shop replied to the video of the raid on the shop on twitter. Didn't copy the link. You can hear in the video one woman shouting "death to the white bastard" through the shutters on the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    These are the ones I remember, some coming from bluethick Twatterers
    1. Shoot the hand
    2. Shoot the knife
    3. Shoot the ear
    4. Shoot the foot
    5. Shoot the leg
    6. Throw a net over him
    7. Deploy a drone to drop a net over him
    8. Shoot a warning shot (at his porch/wall of house)
    9. Wait for someone with a PhD in Wellness (and possibly social/gender/race studies...) to come to talk to him
    They are all nonsense. The best way would have been to give two dogs each an end of a long rope and get them to run in opposite directions around him until he is tied up. Then get one to go over and bite the knife from his hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭satguy

Our sons and daughters work in these shops,, maybe it worked out in our favour this time, and only the scumbag with the knife died.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭OS_Head

Apparently there were 35 Gardai at the scene not 12, the didn't taser him and also they shot him after he got down on the ground.

This is what we are up against. A gofundme set up while the body was still cooling and he's out lying about the incident in between calling for the Garda involved to be hunted down.

Yep, I had another close look at the footage and there were about 12 or 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The irony though, is that the majority of these comfortably middle-class types would silently but strongly object to an individual/individuals like this moving into their area.

100%.

Does anyone believe for one second the gurus in the likes of the Irish Times, so fond of telling everyone else what is right and wrong and how to live, would for a solitary second countenance living next to the very people they claim to defend?

Try putting a social housing block or a homeless shelter or asylum center or traveller site, for example, in their neighborhood beside them. As you say it won't be shouted from the roof tops but they'll be straight to their solicitors and the planning authorities quietly.

They are sheltered and out of touch with reality while they pontificate from upon high.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

BattleCorp wrote: »
    This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Too many people watching movies and not knowing the practicalities of shooting during a tense situation.

I personally think the Garda did the right thing.

One or two gardai had the lives of several unarmed colleagues in their hands. Thats one hell of a burden to carry when making choices.

Phil Hughes, the Aussie cricketer died 6 or 7 years ago when he was hit on the left side of his neck by a delivery. Imagine a knife going in their and its a dead Garda.

They were also in a housing estate. If they tried to back away and gave him space to wander then others could have been dragged into the scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    These are the ones I remember, some coming from bluethick Twatterers
    1. Shoot the hand
    2. Shoot the knife
    3. Shoot the ear
    4. Shoot the foot
    5. Shoot the leg
    6. Throw a net over him
    7. Deploy a drone to drop a net over him
    8. Shoot a warning shot (at his porch/wall of house)
    9. Wait for someone with a PhD in Wellness (and possibly social/gender/race studies...) to come to talk to him

That's bloody mad :pac:

I have realised that most of the people on Twitter (etc) who think this was a racist incident aren't that well educated.

Suckit wrote: »
    They are all nonsense. The best way would have been to give two dogs each an end of a long rope and get them to run in opposite directions around him until he is tied up. Then get one to go over and bite the knife from his hand.

I prefer the Reddit response. Cartwheel in and kick the knife out of it hand into the air and catching it with your teeth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

Looking at the video of his brother mouthing off with the mega phone in his hand you see all these vermin with the phones our taxes paid for in there hands.
    Pack them all into containers and sink them too the bottom of the Irish Sea and let the marine life eat well

Thread banned

• Registered Users Posts: 17,096 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

These are the same African immigrants who claimed Ireland was originally populated by pygmies and that the white Irish exterminated them because they were big prehistoric racists.

Glazers Out!

Looking at the video of his brother mouthing off with the mega phone in his hand you see all these vermin with the phones our taxes paid for in there hands.
    Pack them all into containers and sink them too the bottom of the Irish Sea and let the marine life eat well

Bye!

I have a feeling you won't be posting here again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Calling Gardaí racist is not hate speech.

According to whom exactly?

And you think this is ok?
    "Racist ass cops"

https://i.imgflip.com/4s8po3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Gruffalux wrote: »
    Honestly. Some of this is the ubiquity of people stupidly using non-stop cameras catching everything and magnifying it in the moment by dispersion over internet. That boy looks quite young. He is caught up in a moment. Foolishly. And dangerously. That is why politicians should not have given any fuel to this possibility. It would have been better to be stern, actually. To come out like some strict judge and say all matters will be investigated promptly and not do any emotional pandering to anyone. That kid needs to be brought in home and kept off the streets before he shoots his mouth off any more. And the IDIOTIC NGOs full of social justice warriors who feed off manufacturing trouble and who had luxurious upbringings and gap years in Indonesia need to keep their fcuking mouths shut too.

BiB -
    Big time.

I would hope the guards do visit him and make it very clear what he is doing (possibly fuelled by grief hate) is dangerous for him and the wider community and an offence that can be taken further.
    A very large eye should be kept on him and anyone who is pandering to this incitement to violence and hatred within his family and friends.
    A further eye (like the one on Gemma O'Doherty, Antifa etc) should be kept on those public personas within ngo's, civil orgs etc who are fuelling this behind their govt funded monthly cheques.
    The political sh1tstirrers should be dealt with by their parties and the chambers they are part of.

gozunda wrote: »

Calling someone racist when there is no evidence of racism is itself racist. You are assuming that an action they took was motivated by their race.

That being said I'm for free speech, let them say what they want. Follow it up with a defamation case if it's published/recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

The dictionary.

I think it's bs but such is freedom of expression. People talk all sorts of bs in all sorts of settings. A handful standing around in O'Connell Street today is not a problem compared to the videos we've seen of the brother or the carry on yesterday.

wiggle16 wrote: »

There is a lot of racism in Irish society, but for people to say that that same racism has resulted in the death of a young man is demonstrably false and it should be condemned by our politicians and media. RTÉ, for example, is not carrying anything about these protests on its website and in doing so is leaving the conversation to people, racists and BLM sheep, who have a dishonest interest in how we talk about this incident.

RTE aired a clip on TV yesterday and one protester said

"George wouldn't harm a fly"

When thats how the media portray it, we are doomed

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Don't post in here again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

satguy wrote: »
    Our sons and daughters work in these shops,, maybe it worked out in our favour this time, and only the scumbag with the knife died.

I have several close family members that serve the public behind a counter on a daily basis so I for one hope this whole debacle however tragic it was sends a message to the rest of the lunatics who think about attacking people with knives.

• Advertisement

Burkie1203 wrote: »

People don't see other people outside of their circle as real or if they can't emphasise with them. It might seem like he wouldn't harm anyone to his friends, his victims are just numbers to them, not real people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    This is the Tueller Drill, which was a study under taken by the police force of Salt Lake City in the US state of Utah.

Count that out yourself now. 1.5 seconds. From 6.4 metres. As awful as I feel for the dead man, was he even that far away? A shorter distance could be covered much quicker.

That is frightening

• Registered Users Posts: 17,096 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Burkie1203 wrote: »

To be fair the same rhetoric is rolled out after the death of any scumbag I've ever encountered.

"He was a gent"

"He had a heart of gold"

"he's with the angles now"

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

A protest advocating hate speech against others certainly doesn't equate to a 'vigil' no matter how anyone tries to dress it up ...

Edit: And a protest during a national lockdown - whether 'peaceful' or otherwise is certainly not on the permitted list ...

None of the chants from the picture you posted constitute hate speech.

A dreadful series of events for all involved, will withhold judgement until all facts have came to light, but it's certainly terrible for the family of the dead man and for those he injured, thoughts are with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Hijpo

nullzero wrote: »
    I mentioned the homophobic angle because it was mentioned that it was a homophobic attack. It may not have been, and if it wasn't then I stand corrected.

Well, anything negative that happens to someone who is not white is automatically put down as racist so the same logic should apply when something happens to someone that may be LGBTQ etc

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

The dictionary.

I think it's bs but such is freedom of expression. People talk all sorts of bs in all sorts of settings. A handful standing around in O'Connell Street today is not a problem compared to the videos we've seen of the brother or the carry on yesterday.

I take it that must be the new edition BLM dictionary?

Definition of "hate speech" from the UN
    any kind of communication in speech, writing or behaviour, that
    attacks or uses pejorative or discriminatory language with reference to a person or a group
    on the basis of who they are, in other words, based on their religion, ethnicity, nationality,
    race, colour, descent, gender or other identity factor.

Being a member of an Garda Síochána would indeed qualify as an identifying factor and what is written / published / promoted in that tweet is most certainly hate speech by that definition

The fact that the above is being promoted by an organisation who support the abolition of "police, prisons and property"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭newmember2

FB video. Could be altered...
    His brother looking for guard's head

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2814421085492162&id=2250870808513862

Seems mental health problems run in the family.

GarIT wrote: »
    People don't see other people outside of their circle as real.of they can't emphasise with them. It might seem like he wouldn't harm anyone to his friends, his victims are just numbers to them, not real people.

RTE shouldn't be airing that crap tho

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Marcos

I'm looking at the hotpress story about the incident and it follows the Ebun Joseph narrative.

Mr. Nkencho was 27 years old, the reporter Shamim Malekmian was talking to a close friend of his. They concentrate on an event from his life 10 years ago but they don't say anything about what he did in the interim, was he employed?, a girlfriend, how was his mental illness qualified, did he seek help, did any member of his family counsel him or seek aid on his behalf? What pressure was he under from his family? How did the Covid lockdowns affect him? There is a huge gap in infomation and what is printed is made to fit the race baiting activists narrative.

Obviously we are not going to get intimate details of his life and I don't expect them. The lack of information reads like he was drifting and going nowwhere in life and in Ireland today that is a more common problem for men that cuts across income class or race divides. The story behind him is not racial injustice, and that does not fit neatly into the 24 hour prepackaged news cycle does it?

Well, on reddit there's a recording of a leaked zoom call from her calling for a setting the narrative, and media blasts throughout the day. So they want to change the narrative to humanise the poor darling, that's why they're pushing that he's 27 years old and the mental health angle and nothing else. Totally ignoring the robbery and attacks that he committed and any danger that he posed to the community. That doesn't fit their narrative.

So that's what you see in play here. Gotta keep that race baiting pot boiling away.

When most of us say "social justice" we mean equality under the law opposition to prejudice, discrimination and equal opportunities for all. When Social Justice Activists say "social justice" they mean an emphasis on group identity over the rights of the individual, a rejection of social liberalism, and the assumption that unequal outcomes are always evidence of structural inequalities.

Andrew Doyle, The New Puritans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭OS_Head

I don't know if there is a ban on sharing the link to the video, so I won't. But for anyone that didn't see it. This is a blow by blow account of it from a camera zoomed in from across the field.

There were about 13 Gardai present. The first shot happened when he was entering the house. I have now way of knowing if it hit.

He then quickly turned around and went at a Garda. That's when the second shot went off. I don't know if that hit. He then swung the knife and it looked like a close miss. So two shots fired and he still nearly stabbed a Garda. Quickly after that a third shot fired. This looked like it staggered him. But there was a lot of movement and it's hard to tell. All the Gardai had backed away at this stage, and a 4th shot happened and it did stagger him. That was 4 shots in about 3 seconds. He seemed to go to the ground and got back up (he did looked compromised) while a solitary Garda moved in and let off another 5th shot from close range. From the first shot to the last it was probably about 5 seconds.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement