Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56,358 ✭✭✭✭walshb

One would need to question what do people actually want out of this as if we follow the USA then more black people kill black people then white people and it's a huge huge number in the difference.

Do we want this here.....

For the massive majority of people, they simply want attention..

Vast majority could not give a flying fook about the man that was shot dead..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

No, it doesn't.

There may be a case regarding a threat against AGS but it absolutely does not fall under hate speech.

Maybe you would be good enough to explain why you think portraying an entire group of people as racists and killing all black people (as was detailed previously) or wtte does not constitute hate speech?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

tara73 wrote: »
    thanks for that as this video doesn't seem to be available anymore.

reading this, doesn't sound very good to me. if it's the case, why start shooting at the guy entering the house? With the back to the guards, going away from them. He went into his home, not into another shop with danger to take hostages. strange, is that a right procedure?

watched the video again, the one only with the shoots clearly audible. it's right, about 5 seconds altogehter. the first 4 shots more quickly after another, the fifth one with a pause of approx. 3 seconds...I can't help, but I find it chilling..

Before the angry man with their own agenda come out raging again how somebody can question the guards here: Yes, I can. It might not possible for you to imagine there's something like analytical, objective thinking/questioning without any biased view possible, yes there is, and shock horror, I'm doing it, if you like it or not:)

For simple people, it must be simple, like black or white. (sorry, no pun intended, honestly:D), one or the other, the poor black guy being a victim of racism or the untouchable guards.

This guy was a scumbag, yes, no doubt about it. But this doesn't exclude that the guards have overreacted and there wasn't the need to kill him. unable him, yes, but not at all kill him. That's what I question by hearing this five shots.

The guy came swinging at the Gardaí with a big knife and got himself justly shot and killed.
    How hard is that the understand?
    Why is this still being debated?
    It's completely bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,096 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

The guy came swinging at the Gardaí with a big knife and got himself justly shot and killed.
    How hard is that the understand?
    Why is this still being debated?
    It's completely bizarre.

White man with gun = always evil.

Black man with machete = always innocent.

At least that appears to be the thought process.

Ultimately these people are absolutely obsessed with race.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

I certainly won't be voting for any politicians who have came out and shown sympathy or condolences for the man subdued.

Rte have shown themselves for what they are; incompetent hacks cosplaying as journalists.

The usual suspects are here falling over themselves to defend actual racism while hurriedly performing Olympic level mental gymnastics to try and call everyone else a racist.

At least the BLM protests today showed that it's mostly online virtue signallers who, in real life, limit their outrage to showing how progressive they are online and would no doubt be the first to call the police if there were the same crowd rioting outside their house. Keyboard warriors.

It's a disgusting incident but none of my sympathy goes to George.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

bubblypop wrote: »
    The gardai have released a statement. There is now an active investigation.
    It's not the job of AGS to keep nosey people involved in their investigations. Thankfully.

Nosey people....while their are basically riots going on in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Heckler wrote: »
    Not having a go at the Gardai at all I wouldn't do their job in a million years.

Google image Irish Gardai. Then do the same for french and german police.

European police forces are scary. I've never felt safer than walking around Barcelona, Paris, Frankfurt etc. with these lads around. Lille train station with soldiers strolling about. I'm not advocating a police state far from it just a police force that can do its job.

Our lads and ladies need a serious overhaul in uniform and equipment. They look like crossing guards. I don't buy into the unarmed police "policing by consent".

Maybe before. Not anymore. And no politician has the balls to address this. Harris.

I'd much rather live in a country where the police dont need to go around armed and dressed like soldiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭boardz

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

walshb wrote: »
    The Gardai can damn well stop gangs intimidating and terrorizing people..

And if they can’t, then god help us..

And isn’t loitering an offence? Loitering with intent?

Yes the Garda indeed can break up gatherings due to loitering, especially loitering with intent.

If they choose too..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Genuine question.

Nigeria isn't in the European Union and there is no right to freedom of movement.

Neither is there a state of war in Nigeria.

On what grounds are there some many West Africans in Ireland, especially North and West Dublin?

Is it from British citizenship or similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

nullzero wrote: »
    White man with gun = always evil.

Black man with machete = always innocent.

At least that appears to be the thought process.

Ultimately these people are absolutely obsessed with race.

He wouldn't hurt a fly

It was a butter knife.

Should have used a net to catch him.

Police don't shoot white men.

Black doesn't mean thug (actually a trending thing yesterday)

Mind boggles.

I'd much rather live in a country where the police dont need to go around armed and dressed like soldiers.

So would I..

But maybe people would feel a lot safer from scum if our police had that presence..

There’s no right/wrong answer here...

I would not at all be worried/concerned if our force were armed.

I am not a criminal..

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

I don't remember any protests at the shooting of Mark Hennessy, I wonder why?
    What was the difference, both had a knife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

tara73 wrote: »
    thanks for that as this video doesn't seem to be available anymore.

reading this, doesn't sound very good to me. if it's the case, why start shooting at the guy entering the house? With the back to the guards, going away from them. He went into his home, not into another shop with danger to take hostages. strange, is that a right procedure?

watched the video again, the one only with the shoots clearly audible. it's right, about 5 seconds altogehter. the first 4 shots more quickly after another, the fifth one with a pause of approx. 3 seconds...I can't help, but I find it chilling..

Before the angry man with their own agenda come out raging again how somebody can question the guards here: Yes, I can. It might not possible for you to imagine there's something like analytical, objective thinking/questioning without any biased view possible, yes there is, and shock horror, I'm doing it, if you like it or not:)

For simple people, it must be simple, like black or white. (sorry, no pun intended, honestly:D), one or the other, the poor black guy being a victim of racism or the untouchable guards.

This guy was a scumbag, yes, no doubt about it. But this doesn't exclude that the guards could have overreacted and there wasn't the need to kill him. unable him, yes, but not at all kill him. That's what I question by hearing this five shots.

You remind me of another poster earlier on today who chose to ask questions and it came across very disingenuous.

What is your opinion on it? How many shots would you have fired?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

One would need to question what do people actually want out of this as if we follow the USA then more black people kill black people then white people and it's a huge huge number in the difference.

Do we want this here.....

What these scumbags want is to be let do and say and act however they want even if it is antisocial or against the law and they will not be held accountable or prosecuted because they are a minority and should be treated differently.
    And as you can see by the reaction of the media at the minute they might even succeed.

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    Genuine question.

Nigeria isn't in the European Union and there is no right to freedom of movement.

Neither is there a state of war in Nigeria.

On what grounds are there some many West Africans in Ireland, especially North and West Dublin?

Is it from British citizenship or similar?

Two words.

Mary Robinson

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gothic Insanity

Sarcozies wrote: »
    That's good to hear. I wouldn't mind seeing a little fund for the black man in the red jacket seen in the videos yesterday trying to break up assaults also-- tremendous courage.

That lady was so lucky him and his three friends were there.

Steve012 wrote: »
    Yes the Garda indeed can break up gatherings due to loitering, especially loitering with intent.

If they choose too..

Would you like to link to the act that defines that offence?

• Advertisement

Agreed.

So you would agree with strict immigration laws and use of lethal force to violent thugs who are welding weapons and are a threat as a deterrent to stop repeat offenses?

Good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Witcher wrote: »
    Even the Gardai can't order people to go home.

Are you sure about that? Don't we have laws related to public order?

E.G
    I was 16 , about 20 of us used to hang around shops as kids do, shop owner complains, Garda come and moved us on.. That happened a good few times when I was younger.

E.G
    I was 16 , about 20 of us used to hang around shops as kids do, shop owner complains, Garda come and moved us on.. That happened a good few times when I was younger.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,106 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Yes I am sure of that. Gardai cannot order someone to go home.

Yes. We do. Public order act 2003..

Deals with a range of issues/offences that were on display yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,106 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

walshb wrote: »
    Yes. We do. Public order act 2003..

Deals with a range of issues/offences that were on display yesterday.

The Criminal Justice (Public Order) Act, 2003 covers closure orders against premises.

Try again.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2003/act/16/enacted/en/html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Our stupidly generous welfare system has fueled a dire situation in this country, and it’s been happening for years. It’s only going one way, particularly here in Dublin. Free money, free homes, children’s allowance and endless entitlements in abundance. It’s a shîtshow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Some shocking videos going around of gangs of "protesters" attacking innocent people all over Blanchardstown. Where are the Gardai? How are they being allowed to do this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Mr.burgess

Witcher wrote: »
    Yes I am sure of that. Gardai cannot order someone to go home.

Yes they can its the public order act i was arrested a few times over it a long time ago now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement