Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

A gofundme setup for the security guard

https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-wayne-in-his-recovery?utm_campaign=m_pd+share-sheet&utm_medium=copy_link_all&utm_source=customer

It reads

Wayne is a manager from our local Eurospar. He is one of the nicest people you could met. He was violently attacked while in work. This page has been set up to support Wayne in his recovery and to let him know the whole of Blanchardstown and beyond are behind him ❤️

I just donated 25 there and hope more will do the same. Glad there are people out there who are decent to set this up for the security guy

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Howard Beale

So during level 5 lockdown restrictions people staying at home there is a large rally where a man asks for a garda to be terminated and contract killed to a supportive cheering laughing mob?

How im the name of God was this not looked at by Gardai?

If was me or you be getting detectives at the door in a hearbeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭THE_SHEEP

watched the video again, the one only with the shoots clearly audible. it's right, about 5 seconds altogehter. the first 4 shots more quickly after another, the fifth one with a pause of approx. 3 seconds...I can't help, but I find it chilling..

Are you sure he wasn't shot from the " grassy knoll " on the other side of the street ?

Some of the nonsense I'm reading on various forums about this incident is ridiculous .

Blaming the actions of the Gardai and trying to excuse the actions of this George thug .

Also , claiming he had mental health issues , into the bargain . ( No medical evidence required for obvious reasons ).

In my opinion , the only people with mental health issues , are the people on Twitter etc , trying to excuse the behavior of this thug , and stoking racial tensions .

Also , I notice The Money Train keeps on rolling !!

I'm not sure how immigration laws are relevant. this isn't a race issue.

I have said all through this thread that I thought the actions of the gardai were justified. though I'm not sure how it is a deterrent to stop repeat offences. The use of lethal force tends to make that moot.

Indeed

Immigration is not a race issue. Proper border controls isn't about ethnicity. It's about not allowing undocumented immigrants into the country.

No need to conflate them.

And to use lethal force to stop repeat offenses? I can guarantee St George II won't be offending again. It may cause certain unruly and unsavoury characters to uprise and claim this as racism, but unfortunately that's a hangover from people having the bigotry of low expectations for "people of colour" and attributing racism to anything negative that happens towards them.

This type of the left are insidious racists

Suckit wrote: »
    The goal for the one set up by Katie B keeps going up.

That’s normal. It’s automatically raised as the target is neared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

bubblypop wrote: »
    Would you like to link to the act that defines that offence?

does this not cover it?

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/1994/act/2/section/8/enacted/en/html

• Registered Users Posts: 56,358 ✭✭✭✭walshb

So during level 5 lockdown restrictions people staying at home there is a large rally where a man asks for a garda to be terminated and contract killed to a supportive cheering laughing mob?

No, but people out walking on Clogherhead beach weren’t so lucky!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Immigration is not a race issue. Proper border controls isn't about ethnicity. It's about not allowing undocumented immigrants into the country.

No need to conflate them.

Im not the one conflating immigration issues with what happened yesterday. you cant take that elsewhere.

And to use lethal force to stop repeat offenses? I can guarantee St George II won't be offending again.

yeah, thats the point. that is what moot means.

This is the act that covers public order offences...

And could well have been used for the issues yesterday..

Not sure the word loitering is mentioned, but it doesn’t matter. Other words mentioned certainly allow people to be challenged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I do feel sorry for the Brother and Mother. It is still their brother/son and I’m sure to them he was good, and to his friends who maybe naive, I may also forgive. He may have acted different around them I’m sure.

But

I cannot forgive the Politicians who have come out and supported this act of thuggery.

Thankfully most people are on the same side of this, for a change, and that’s most welcome. I just hope these so called Politicians get a earful the next time they come knocking the door at ordinary law abiding citizens.

The brother has shown himself up to be a scumbag, blatant liar and grifter. I’ve no sympathy for him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

gozunda wrote: »
    Again the fact that the above is being promoted by an organisation who support the abolition of "police, prisons and property"?

https://twitter.com/merj_ireland/status/1344986961002508288?s=20

You can hoist Emily Waszak and her comrades with their own petard. Do you want to live in a world of fear caused by an unreasonable person wielding a weapon with intent to limit your freedom by causing injury or death, what would you do in a matriachal ancho-communist utopia without the institutions of the patriachy to regulate the chaos of that world. In Emilys worldview the Gardaí are a systemically racist institution and Ireland is a country full of white supremacists.
    MERJ’s vision

What do we want to see in the world?
    • A world free from fascism, patriarchy, capitalism and hierarchy.
    • A world where there is no default to privilege.
    • A world that encourages self-determination.
    • A world of communities based on mutual aid that enhance the potential of individuals, that are accountable to each other and where individuals can find meaning.
    • A world where all communities are visible.
    • A world where people are free to be spiritual without being involved in religious institutions based on hierarchy.
    • A world based on creativity, art, beauty and fun.
    • A world that grants true freedom, i.e. freedom from fear.
    • A world where “feminised” skills and attitudes are not stigmatised but valued.
    • A world that places importance on ecology and sustainability.
    • A world based on love, sex, affection and pleasure.
    • A world based on autonomy.
    • A world where people are responsible and accountable to their communities and to other individuals.

source.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Probably discussed already but his brother is after putting out a "hit" on the gardai who pulled the trigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

The family or neighbours might have actually been recording too. Such a huge presence outside the house with garda cars, shouting etc . I guarantee that there is a closer video of the incident that will surface eventually. Someone else has footage.

If the family has a video I’d say it’s well deleted by now. Wouldn’t fit in with their narrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Probably discussed already but his brother is after putting out a "hit" on the gardai who pulled the trigger.

How was this verified?

And he should reefed out of his house arrested for this..if verified!

But don’t hold your breath!!

He knows he has defenders, and some on very influential positions!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

How was this verified?

Listen to the words on this video. Crazy stuff the rhetoric

https://twitter.com/GaelPatriot/status/1345001624629084160

• Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Saw a video over on twitter he was out in one of one of the protests smirking and saying "f*ck the 12", this is the fella we are told is so grief stricken.

Few of his buddies joined in as well in their best London gangsta accents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

You can hoist Emily Waszak and her comrades with their own petard. Do you want to live in a world of fear caused by an unreasonable person wielding a weapon with intent to limit your freedom by causing injury or death, what would you do in a matriachal ancho-communist utopia without the institutions of the patriachy to regulate the chaos of that world. In Emilys worldview the Gardaí are a systemically racist institution and Ireland is a country full of white supremacists.

Waszak by name, wassock by nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

I think in this case the gardai were being very careful not to feed into the "racist police" narrative. Same with all the anti mask protesters, if they stopped them and denied them their "freedoms", then it plays right into their narrative and only furthers their cause. I think they did the right thing. They were present, but they did well to not escalate things imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

tdf7187 wrote: »
    "Say his name".

Okay doke. George Nkencho was a violent criminal who died on 30 December 2020.

... After attacking an innocent shop worker and repeatedly threatening and trying to attack Gardai who tried multiple efforts to resolve the situation peaceably beforehand

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

Putting a hit out on that guard, is the same as putting a hit out on our society, our values and freedoms. Just shows you what he thinks of this country, his country and the people who live in it.
    That guard is a hero, not a villain, and if someone tries to harm or hurt him, they’ll be facing the ARU themselves I’ve no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Agreed. Surely the gardai will react to this? What kind of credibility would they have left if they didnt?

neonsofa wrote: »
    I think in this case the gardai were being very careful not to feed into the "racist police" narrative. Same with all the anti mask protesters, if they stopped them and denied them their "freedoms", then it plays right into their narrative and only furthers their cause. I think they did the right thing. They were present, but they did well to not escalate things imo.

That’s all well and good, but you cannot have law enforcement picking and choosing when to uphold the law. That is absurd.

They are employed by the people to uphold all the laws, all of the time..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

One of the things I find the most bizarre about this absolute sh1tshow is that the brother was on Twitter not long after the incident tweeting the link to the gofundme page.
    I mean I cant say as its never happened to me, but straight to Twitter to encourage people to donate money after having a family member shot dead just seems bonkers.
    Id say the brother needs his mental state addressed as well

Seen videos of the scum throwing things at Garda vans and cars at the scene. Why is this being tolerated?

Anyone I know seems to be rolling their eyes at those out protesting this. Thankfully everyone I know seems to see it as the justifiable shooting that it was. It also seems to have made a complete joke of the whole 'black lives matter' thing, when they get behind a dirtbag that was willing to seriously injure or murder others, including Gardai.

You'd almost think they were deliberately trying to bring upon a resentment to black people by acting the way they are acting. Announcing they want the Garda killed. :rolleyes:

Gardai need to get on the ball here and start busting heads and let the rest of the country know that no one is above the law, unlike the image that's being portrayed at the moment, that the skin colour is allowing them a 'free pass'.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

Listen to the words on this video. Crazy stuff the rhetoric

https://twitter.com/GaelPatriot/status/1345001624629084160

That wont go down well with the sympathy votes. :pac:

• wonga77 wrote: »
    One of the things I find the most bizarre about this absolute sh1tshow is that the brother was on Twitter not long after the incident tweeting the link to the gofundme page.
    I mean I cant say as its never happened to me, but straight to Twitter to encourage people to donate money after having a family member shot dead just seems bonkers.
    Id say the brother needs his mental state addressed as well

I can confidently say no sane person is immediately jumping on Twitter to promote a gofundme right after a sibling was shot dead on their doorstep.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

walshb wrote: »
    That’s all well and good, but you cannot have law enforcement picking and choosing when to uphold the law. That is absurd.

They are employed by the people to uphold all the laws, all of the time..

We can agree to disagree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭mulbot

neonsofa wrote: »

But they did stop the mask protest and forcefully so. I think batons wete also drawn and used.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement