Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    Is anyone talking about the poor guy who got attacked that was doing his job. you know the victim of an unprovoked assault by a thug.You'd swear the guy shot was an innocent bystander ffs.
    Issues with Mental health is just being used as an excuse, he was just a criminal and being used is an insult to people with actual mental health issues

And the owner and staff of the Spar shop that is closed and will probably need security for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,356 ✭✭✭✭walshb

bubblypop wrote: »
    Do you want to point out where gardai refused to uphold the law?

No. I never said they did..

I asked you.. where can you show me that Gardai can legally refuse to uphold the law..

Not discretion...

Refusal to enforce/uphold the law..

I am asking a question...

I made a claim that Gardai can not refuse to uphold the law...there would need to be a very valid reason. Like being unable to for reasons...that would cover them...

Show me these reasons, and all is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It seems Lynn Ruane's Twitter is now private!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

I understand no one want to throw fuel on the fire but by standing by and allowing the gatherings (when we are not suppose to be) allowing public speaking where a guards life is being threatened does nothing for public reassurance.
    It sends the wrong messages

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

My personal.opinion having see the videos doing the rounds is that it wasn't a race incident.if it was me doing the same thing I would have been shot and I am white..but I do have symphathy for the family who are grieving.

• Advertisement

My personal.opinion having see the videos doing the rounds us that it wasn't a race incident.if it was me doing the same thing I would have been shot and I am white..but I do have symphathy for the family who are grieving.

It’s not even open to opinion really..

It was NOT a race issue from what we know...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,223 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

From theJournal:
    In a statement on Twitter, Mr Nkencho’s sister Gloria said he was “suffering from serious mental illness and those who knew him know the type of person he was, he was not a thug nor a criminal”.

Eh, I think his criminal record make him a criminal Gloria.
    Placards were held up with the words “black lives matter” and “thug is not a synonym for black”.

Isn't that backwards?? Shouldn't it be Black is not a synonym for Thug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

**** it, reported their GoFundMe.

Whatever about whether the family deserves funding for the funeral, no funeral costs that much, especially in Covid times with supposed restrictions. It's now in pure scam territory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Morathi wrote: »

Whatever about whether the family deserves funding for the funeral, no funeral costs that much, especially in Covid times with supposed restrictions. It's now in pure scam territory.

Well I doubt given what we have seen and heard of the family they will adhere to Covid restrictions.

I'm expecting a big spectacle, guard of honour etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

Why is the spar shop being targeted? What possible logic could be applied to make it a target?

• Advertisement

Morathi wrote: »

Have you a link to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    Why is the spar shop being targeted? What possible logic could be applied to make it a target?

Because they rang the Gardai I think. Sounds mad but I do think that's why they're angry with them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Her siding with some scumbag criminal over the Gardai doing their job is the least surprising thing to anyone who knows her personal history.

You can take the girl out of Tallaght but you can't take the Tallaght out of the girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

NewMan1982 wrote: »

Because its racist to call the cops on a man who assaults the manager.

walshb wrote: »
    That’s all well and good, but you cannot have law enforcement picking and choosing when to uphold the law. That is absurd.

They are employed by the people to uphold all the laws, all of the time..

This is what you said. I and others pointed out that gardai have discretion.
    You then changed the goalposts and claimed gardai cannot refuse to uphold the law.

So when, did they do such a thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

It does seem like its a small enough protesting crowd and rampaging gangs of teens, i would hope a lot of decent Africans don't agree with what they are doing but maybe to afraid to speak up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Is there not something wrong with a public official, blocking their official, verified, public twitter account, linked from her official website, from the public?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

Have you a link to it?

https://gofund.me/9bcba1e7

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

I don't want them to get a red cent personally but it's a bit of an SJW move to report the gofundme. If some retard wants to pay towards a 20k funeral that's really their business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Have you a link to it?

https://ie.gofundme.com/f/72z2pw-funeral-costs-for-george-nkencho

15 grand for someone who attacked a person and left him scarred for life. 4 grand for the victim.

World is gone crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

I think what we’ll find is this will all die down. It seem to just be hysterical teenagers feeling they are part of some misguided uprising.

Scary to think we will in a society where that many people can be manipulated into thinking this is a racist incident or that the Garda are systematically racist. There is literally nothing to back it up with.

There’s plenty of racist Irish people but the majority of Irish people are not racist. It’s the same in all countries regardless of your race.

No, but people out walking on Clogherhead beach weren’t so lucky!!

What happened at Clogherhead?

You then changed the goalposts and claimed gardai cannot refuse to uphold the law.

I never said they refused to uphold the law..

Never said it...if you think otherwise, please show me where I said it.

My question remains: show me where the Gardai can refuse (without a valid reason that covers them) to uphold the law...

My question remains: show me where the Gardai can refuse (without a valid reason that covers them) to uphold the law...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

The real issue here is something that everyone outside of Dublin knows and those inside of the county are in denial about and that is that Dublin is a kip.

20 minutes ago you were saying the real issue was mental health support. Make up your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

A2LUE42 wrote: »

Wayne’s Fundraiser has caught a good bit of momentum the last hour or so. €4,300 and counting. I’ll throw in a tenner for the lad myself, deserves to not be forgotten about in all of this, not matter what’s gone on afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gary550

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    https://ie.gofundme.com/f/72z2pw-funeral-costs-for-george-nkencho

15 grand for someone who attacked a person and left him scarred for life. 4 grand for the victim.

World is gone crazy.

I'd imagine if the demographics for the fundraiser was available you'd probably see that the majority of its contributors are 20 something year olds who have these pie in the sky nonsensical ideas that are stoked by the ever rancid pit that is social media.

Why are you even asking this question?
    Who ever claimed that they refuse to uphold the law?
    I think you're getting tied up here over nothing.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭reniwren

Just had a look on go find me there seems to be 5 or 6 campaigns not just the 15k funeral

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement