Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

piplip87 wrote: »

Weird that the poster says it was 15 gardai yet his brother said earlier it was 35.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

The statue GoFundMe is a cracker!

I suppose it's probably bad to laugh at something connected to someone's recent death but that had me spilling my tin of Quality Street on the floor laughing and not giving a flying fcuk.

• piplip87 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/nildacristinaa/status/1345116221323300865?s=19

A.list of demands.

The ****ing lack of political support from the Government to the Gardai is a joke at this stage.

The lack of a crowd at the protest today however makes me think that they do not have the support the George Floyd protests had. It could be that it's cold outside or the rent a crowd that usually attend these things have gained employment

That’s sickening to read. Just perpetuating absolute fallacies and imagined truths to make some sort of point. Disgusting behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

A.list of demands.

The ****ing lack of political support from the Government to the Gardai is a joke at this stage.

The lack of a crowd at the protest today however makes me think that they do not have the support the George Floyd protests had. It could be that it's cold outside or the rent a crowd that usually attend these things have gained employment

the kind of middle class lefty wank5 who love to get on the streets for causes , usually prefer that they are ones which are located overseas ( see George Floyd ) , that way they can piously pay respects from a safe distance , Michael D was a great man for involving himself in various activism related to latin america in the eighties etc , he did fcuk all in relation to Northern Ireland

That’s sickening to read. Just perpetuating absolute fallacies and imagined truths to make some sort of point. Disgusting behaviour.

Their behaviour only favours the far right. It's ammunition for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

humberklog wrote: »
    The statue GoFundMe is a cracker!

It says it's for the funeral and similar, which seems reasonable enough. It's terrible to lose a family member (even if their death is a consequence of their own actions). The stress and cost of arranging things like funerals and solicitors is an additional kick in the teeth that noone deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

https://ie.gofundme.com/f/support-wayne-in-his-recovery?qid=f6a882ccacdfa1c39cb6053522a1f579

The Go Fund Me for Wayne is tipping along nicely and seems to be growing faster.

I haven't donated yet due to my cynical, suspicious mind. If it's still up tomorrow, I prolly will.

I threw a few bob towards it earlier. I assumed it was the real thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

A2LUE42 wrote: »

This is Lucy Michael, that Hazel Chu (the Green party Mayor of Dublin City who has influence) retweeted and fully supported in the immediate dive into racism as the cause/possible cause of the shooting of an armed criminal on Wednesday with not one shred of evidence to even contemplate such a motive at this time.
    https://twitter.com/drlucymichael

As you can see, Lucy is very active as a sociologist, an active commission member of IHREC (Irish Human Rights & Equality Commission) -
    https://twitter.com/_IHREC
    Lucy has influence.

She's also an 'Integration, diversity & equality expert'.
    She's also involved with FingalTogether who rather than engage people with arguments and logic appear to engage and recruit people to disrupt anonymously over a quite obviously deliberately false reading of an event two days ago.
    https://twitter.com/fingaltogether

She also retweets anonymous accounts saying that the fundraiser for the Spar lad is a far right scam again with zero evidence, serach the organiser's name yourself.
    https://twitter.com/StellBringer/status/1345063191362072577?s=20

It took me less than 2 minutes to search the fundraisers name who is a Clonee local so at least traceable (yes, she is traceable)

That's merely one embedded critical theorist in our structures (IHREC) and the web of connection with politicians (at minimum, Hazel Chu)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

if a sibling of mine died suddenly , i dont think id be able to partake in a gathering of any sort , never mind one so abrasive as the one in that video , the get up of the brother is something else , him and his " bruvs "

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

A.list of demands.

This has to be a piss take at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Anytime I try to donate to that gofundme, it just goes back to the amount box like I haven't wrote anything into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

I wonder if some people should be allowed out at all, that could be where our mental health services are falling down. If this George is apparently put on bail for a violent crime and has a history of mental issues should he even be allowed out on bail????

The guy that killed Det. Horkan is a mental patient now, but maybe he should have been put into care long before.

The mentally ill don't do well in prison. How many people in Ireland could be described as "potentially" violent and dangerous and mentally ill? probably a few thousand, we'd have to being back the huge lunatic asylums if we wanted to lock them up for their "protection"

• Registered Users Posts: 26,443 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    if a sibling of mine died suddenly , i dont think id be able to partake in a gathering of any sort , never mind one so abrasive as the one in that video , the get up of the brother is something else , him and his " bruvs "

If anyones sibling died suddenly I think I wouldn't be able to post disgusting crap like this making jokes about his brothers clothes and speech

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

neonsofa wrote: »
    Weird that the poster says it was 15 gardai yet his brother said earlier it was 35.

Oh and all were armed, which isn't true either .....

They are so full of sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Great to see the Wayne fundraiser has reached its target of 5k,

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

It says it's for the funeral and similar, which seems reasonable enough. It's terrible to lose a family member (even if their death is a consequence of their own actions). The stress and cost of arranging things like funerals and solicitors is an additional kick in the teeth that noone deserves.

Can't see it saying that. just this:

George Nkencho was slain by Irish Police. This GoFundMe will support the erection of a statue in memory of George at Blanchardstown Shopping Centre.

And a random photo of a statue of a black guy holding a phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭donkey balls

My best friends brother was murdered nearly 20 years ago by some scumbag not my friend or his family did any media interviews due to the shock of the loss of a sibling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

Oh and all were armed, which isn't true either .....

They are so full of sh1t

What the official limit of numbers for funerals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    This is Lucy Michael, that Hazel Chu (the Green party Mayor of Dublin City who has influence) retweeted and fully supported in the immediate dive into racism as the cause/possible cause of the shooting of an armed criminal on Wednesday with not one shred of evidence to even contemplate such a motive at this time.
    https://twitter.com/drlucymichael

As you can see, Lucy is very active as a sociologist, an active commission member of IHREC (Irish Human Rights & Equality Commission) -
    https://twitter.com/_IHREC
    Lucy has influence.

She's also an 'Integration, diversity & equality expert'.
    She's also involved with FingalTogether who rather than engage people with arguments and logic appear to engage and recruit people to disrupt anonymously over a quite obviously deliberately false reading of an event two days ago.
    https://twitter.com/fingaltogether

She also retweets anonymous accounts saying that the fundraiser for the Spar lad is a far right scam
    https://twitter.com/StellBringer/status/1345063191362072577?s=20

It took me less than 2 minutes to search the fundraisers name who is a Clonee local so at least traceable (yes, she is traceable)

That's merely one embedded critical theorist in our structures (IHREC) and the web of connection with politicians (at minimum, Hazel Chu)

What sort of horrible **** tries to stop a few quid going to the real victim in all of this. Bet up while doing his job.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

What the official limit of numbers for funerals?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

biko wrote: »
    Great to see the Wayne fundraiser has reached its target of 5k,

I contributed to a worthy cause. Fúck that other fella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Get Real wrote: »
    Also one now set up on the back of this, as a general fund for helping those potentially arrested at protests in the future

https://ie.gofundme.com/f/legal-fund-for-blm-justiceforgeorge-protestors?qid=3fc6a3b45fa44b192616e5c0c204916d

I presume the good natured soul who's seeking 10 grand here, has never heard of the free legal aid scheme? So, his go fund me is pointless, if it truly is to be used for solicitors for anyone arrested.

I also presume he thinks people will be arrested simply for exercising their constitutional right to protest, and not let's say, for hurling a brick through a window at a protest.

Read this by Makumba, the organiser looking for ten grand minimum...
    Oh Makumba, don't be such a racist and an utterly grifting dumb one at that.

"George Nkencho, an innocent mentally ill black man was fatally shot on Wednesday 30th December 2020 in Dublin and the Irish African community is rightfully outraged however it is already becoming evident that the bias of the Gardai Siochana (Irish Police Force) will result in unjustified arrests of peaceful protestors and permanently leave a mark on the lives of many Irish African youth.

After thinking this through for a while and talking with my friend who is in his final year of studying law I am setting this fundraiser up to cover legal costs such as hiring lawyers for those who are brave enough to go out and protest the systemic racism of the Irish Gardai but who, due to this same racist system, do not have the money to pay for their own legal costs.

I will personally verify every person applying to get help from this legal fund and make sure the money is used to help any person of colour wrongly persecuted as a result of the protests in memory of George Nkencho.

If any money is left over I plan to use it to take a case against the An Garda Siochana for failing to uphold the constitutional right to be treated equally."

Rest in Peace George, may you never be forgotten

(The money will be sent to a pool managed by my partner who is a student of law at Dublin City University and I will co-ordinate withdrawals with him)

• Sir Oxman wrote: »

"George Nkencho, an innocent mentally ill black man was fatally shot on Wednesday 30th December 2020 in Dublin and the Irish African community is rightfully outraged however it is already becoming evident that the bias of the Gardai Siochana (Irish Police Force) will result in unjustified arrests of peaceful protestors and permanently leave a mark on the lives of many Irish African youth.

After thinking this through for a while and talking with my friend who is in his final year of studying law I am setting this fundraiser up to cover legal costs such as hiring lawyers for those who are brave enough to go out and protest the systemic racism of the Irish Gardai but who, due to this same racist system, do not have the money to pay for their own legal costs.

I will personally verify every person applying to get help from this legal fund and make sure the money is used to help any person of colour wrongly persecuted as a result of the protests in memory of George Nkencho.

If any money is left over I plan to use it to take a case against the An Garda Siochana for failing to uphold the constitutional right to be treated equally."

(The money will be sent to a pool managed by my partner who is a student of law at Dublin City University and I will co-ordinate withdrawals with him)

My partner is a student of law so like I’m totally trustworthy innit.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

People are different and have different priorities.

If it was me, I definitely don't think that one of my first actions would be to get onto social media to publicise the collection of some free money for myself via gofundme. That is assuming those social media accounts are genuine. Which they might not be. If they are though, it is a completely alien concept to me. I have known people who have unexpectedly lost others close to them and they couldn't function for weeks or months afterwards. They definitely wouldn't have been up to sending links on twitter the day of.

Either way, as I said, people are different and entitled to be so. If you want to give them money then you can. Your money and your choice. I definitely won't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

My partner is a student of law so like I’m totally trustworthy innit.

My missus works in Penney's, she's good at handling money so they should put me in charge of it really

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

People are different and have different priorities.

If it was me, I definitely don't think that one of my first actions would be to get onto social media to publicise the collection of some free money for myself via gofundme. That is assuming those social media accounts are genuine. Which they might not be. If they are though, it is a completely alien concept to me. I have known people who have unexpectedly lost others close to them and they couldn't function for weeks or months afterwards. They definitely wouldn't have been up to sending links on twitter the day of.

Either way, as I said, people are different and entitled to be so. If you want to give them money then you can. Your money and your choice. I definitely won't be.

Money for what? Ffs he was a criminal, have a look at the guys face he assaulted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

There's about 8 go fund me pages for George. All the scumbags scrambling to try make a few quid off this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Sir Oxman wrote: »

You know what? I didn't believe in people saying that the riots and protests in the US this summer were being organised by outside factions but stuff like this makes me question my own thinking on it.

Whoever set this gofundme up clearly doesn't understand the Irish legal system/free legal aid and presumes it is the same as other countries.
    This isn't someone living in Ireland setting this up. Why is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Money for what? Ffs he was a criminal, have a look at the guys face he assaulted

I think we can be reasonably sure that the criminal will get nothing in this case.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

You know what? I didn't believe in people saying that the riots and protests in the US this summer were being organised by outside factions but stuff like this makes me question my own thinking on it.

Whoever set this gofundme up clearly doesn't understand the Irish legal system/free legal aid and presumes it is the same as other countries.
    This isn't someone living in Ireland setting this up. Why is that?

It's pretty obvious there's huge outside interference. The actual protests, calls for Garda murder, assaults on women and children etc are limited to a small enough group from the immediate area and friends and families.

Yet on twitter you'd think half the country were in an uproar about it. Its pretty clear the Twitter outrage is mostly driven by interest groups and not real people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement