Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭del roy

jk23 wrote: »
    Fair play to anyone who chipped in for the victim on this. The gofundme is genuine and the lady who set it up is real and genuine and can be contacted

It will be a while before poor old Wayne can spend any of it on his medical bills but at least he will will know people were/are thinking of him

Tell the lady who knows Wayne to shake his hand for me (when the covid finishes).

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    This is Lucy Michael, that Hazel Chu (the Green party Mayor of Dublin City who has influence) retweeted and fully supported in the immediate dive into racism as the cause/possible cause of the shooting of an armed criminal on Wednesday with not one shred of evidence to even contemplate such a motive at this time.
    https://twitter.com/drlucymichael

As you can see, Lucy is very active as a sociologist, an active commission member of IHREC (Irish Human Rights & Equality Commission) -
    https://twitter.com/_IHREC
    Lucy has influence.

She's also an 'Integration, diversity & equality expert'.
    She's also involved with FingalTogether who rather than engage people with arguments and logic appear to engage and recruit people to disrupt anonymously over a quite obviously deliberately false reading of an event two days ago.
    https://twitter.com/fingaltogether

She also retweets anonymous accounts saying that the fundraiser for the Spar lad is a far right scam again with zero evidence, serach the organiser's name yourself.

It took me less than 2 minutes to search the fundraisers name who is a Clonee local so at least traceable (yes, she is traceable)

That's merely one embedded critical theorist in our structures (IHREC) and the web of connection with politicians (at minimum, Hazel Chu)

Seems to be quite a moneymaker for this one it seems.We got rid of one weapon from social media in 2020 with the failed presidential candidate. Be nice if the likes of Lucy Michael and Ebun Joseph were removed from the platform too.

Someone posted this earlier in the thread but you get a clear insight into Lucy Michael in this phone call...

https://www.bitchute.com/video/mRpuQqE5TDIw/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Nothing as horrific as that. My elderly aunt died suddenly a few years ago. We flew over to Manchester for the funeral and I was asked to give a reading at the funeral. Made a shambles of it because while reading it I was holding back tears.

Can relate to this 100%. I lost a close relative several years ago. My siblings and I wrote a few paragraphs commemorating our relative’s life. However, none of us were in any fit state to deliver the speech at the funeral. My brother-in-law had to take ownership.

It beggars belief that the instinctive reaction to your brother’s tragic passing is to use a microphone to incite hatred and demand that another human being be ‘terminated’. It really shines a light on the content of the characters in that family.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Wayne the security guard will need those donations because his job is gone now what with the huge target on his back.

A man out doing his job and he will probably have to move home because some scumbag attacked him.

How did we get here? Why aren't people out marching in the streets about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

It baffles me how Twitter is seen as a barometer of public feeling when the reality is quite the opposite

I realised how utterly pointless Twitter was during the last British election, if Twitter had been an accurate barometer then Corbyn would have walked in to 10 Downing Street, but Boris got in on a landslide - same with Trump four years ago

But this is the age we live in apparently, random Tweets are taken as fact and narratives are pushed to suit agendas.

It's a cesspit of bull**** and misinformation and I guarantee that when the official report of the Nkencho incident is released, and the Garda who fired the shot exonerated, people will take to Twitter making accusations of a cover up, of racial bias by the state - and what's worse is there are people who will eat that nonsense up and run with it, thus there will be a new narrative

I agree - the Corbyn fiasco is definitive proof.
    The only use is to see the great and good (politicians, 'charities/NGOs', extreme activists, etc) reveal themselves just like they are doing now.
    I had an account until sometime last year I deleted it and now only follow links in a Firefox isolated container as I feel dirty using it ;) because I felt myself drifting into insanity at some of the utter dumbness I was reading - and that was from blueticked 'responsible' people nevermind the hoardes of botfarms and verifiably insane feckers (and not just quacks like Gemma O'Doherty)
    One lot fed the other.
    And yes, it is not in anyway real life and in no way representative of public opinion whatsoever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

I bet a lot of the people who supported the BLM protests here in Ireland in the summer are feeling very silly and embarrassed now. They've found out how much of a sham this whole systematic racism thing is.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

You know, it's possible to be concerned about more than one thing at a time.

Shocking stuff.

so why bring up the " far right " ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I don't know why I keep looking at the tweets people are posting as all this has proved there are some spacers walking the streets haha.

From his brother referring to the Garda who opened fire as "a fed" (which as we all know is American slang for FBI agent and not used in Ireland)
    All these supporters trying to bring "black lives matter" to Ireland because they saw it happen in America. Some how we are the same.
    To people saying how they should have just "shot the knife" or shoot him in the leg because they saw it in Hollywood movies.

Bit of a connection isn't there :p all America.
    These people are disconnected from reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Ms Chu is Lord Mayor of Dublin, disgraceful commentary from her there. Straight off the bat without analysis of the situation at all

I think Helen Mc Entee needs to give her head a wobble too and represent and support the Gardai and law abiding citizens. That’s another disgrace.

As for the woke Doctor from UCD, I’m more concerned that she is on the staff there. What are they thinking?

Turning into a kip of a country now if people cannot say boo, and media are the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

That statue is gas alright https://ie.gofundme.com/f/george-nkencho-commemorative-plaque?qid=739213b6eeb56900e08e5544866c228d

So 6 gofundme's of him in total. Someone is looking to profit :p

I think 'William Browne' has set the goal at the price of a PS5 rather than a statue.

• Advertisement

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    so why bring up the " far right " ?

Why get so offended by it?

Do you know what a "tell" in poker is?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Klonker wrote: »
    I bet a lot of the people who supported the BLM protests here in Ireland in the summer are feeling very silly and embarrassed now. They've found out how much of a sham this whole systematic racism thing is.

If they supported violent thugs and statue topplers during the summer I doubt very much they have the self awareness to feel silly....angry mobs never do!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

I'm not advocating any of this

"word on the street has it" there is already groups vigilantly guess we'd call them in Finglas, Blanch, Coolock, and they ain't the local youths, older men and younger gangs, this arose because of the march through Blanch.

Sad times, a blind flying horse could have seen this coming in the year 1998.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Hamachi wrote: »
    It would be great if there was also a way to convey thanks to the Garda who did a stellar job, protecting Irish society from a violent criminal.

Write to the Super in Blanch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

A lot of people on Twitter going full steam with the narrative of his brother calling for the death of the Guard off the back of the video with incorrect subtitles.

The lad clearly says "And I want that fed, whoever he was, that shot him. I want him termina..I want his contract terminated". He even corrected himself mid-sentence to clarify. Granted, the end bit of "When we find him...*crowd cheers*" is ominous-sounding but it's not the blatant incitement to violence that the subtitling makes it out to be.

Reminds me of when Ozzy was up in court in America because some young lad killed himself after listening to his album and a lawyer was insisting in court that the final line of "Paranoid" by Black Sabbath was "I tell you to end your life" and not "I tell you to enjoy life".

Whatever about the man who died, his bereaved family don't deserve to be misquoted and attacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

Credit must go to the employers around Blanchardstown area. Letting all the protesters take two hours off everyday to protest outside the Garda Station..

Wayne the security guard will need those donations because his job is gone now what with the huge target on his back.

A man out doing his job and he will probably have to move home because some scumbag attacked him.

How did we get here? Why aren't people out marching in the streets about this?

We don't yet know the extent of Waynes injuries, they could be life changing.

To be honest this black lives matter thing(in Ireland) is dividing the community and is really badly thought out. It will harm the Black community not improve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

piplip87 wrote: »
    Credit must go to the employers around Blanchardstown area. Letting all the protesters take two hours off everyday to protest outside the Garda Station..

:D cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gothic Insanity

We don't yet know the extent of Waynes injuries, they could be life changing.

To be honest this black lives matter thing(in Ireland) is dividing the community and is really badly thought out. It will harm the Black community not improve it.

Papers seemed to confirm today a broken jaw and nose.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I don't know why I keep looking at the tweets people are posting as all this has proved there are some spacers walking the streets haha.

Essentially this. Social media has really just laid bare how stupid a notable cohort of the population can be. You'll only drive yourself insane in by caring what people are saying on it, because so much of it is just made up of idiots and by people playing politics to those idiots.

As we've seen again and again, it's not representative of wider society (thank ****).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,353 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Papers seemed to confirm today a broken jaw and nose.

Absolute nonsense. George wouldn’t hurt a fly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

RWCNT wrote: »
    A lot of people on Twitter going full steam with the narrative of his brother calling for the death of the Guard off the back of the video with incorrect subtitles.

The lad clearly says "And I want that fed, whoever he was, that shot him. I want him termina..I want his contract terminated". He even corrected himself mid-sentence to clarify. Granted, the end bit of "When we find him...*crowd cheers*" is ominous-sounding but it's not the blatant incitement to violence that the subtitling makes it out to be.

"I want him finished"

"When we find him .... yeah"

Thats a fairly blatant and direct message. Why would they want to find him?

You can try dress it up any way you want. Its a clear threat.

https://twitter.com/EmmaMurphy12150/status/1345027279919984640?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Anyone know when the funeral is on? Should be wonderful, expecting a guard of honour, a call to arms, a bit of hate speech, clashing with Gardai. All that good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

I don’t know what mental issues FFG is guy had, his parents said he was getting help.

What I do know though is that the mental health services in this country are faqking terrible, and the happenings of the last 10 months have exasperated that.

I would like to know what help he had accessed / sought / received.

Would it be wrong to say a lot of people in prison have mental health issues? I'm not sure of the accuracy of the reports going around but if there is any truth to it, he wasn't a model citizen by any stretch.

The immediate call out that he had mental health issues seems like an easy cop out with an aim of removing all elements of guilt despite the fact he allegedly had assaulted a shop worker and allegedly assaulted a Garda.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

RWCNT wrote: »

Reminds me of when Ozzy was up in court in America because some young lad killed himself after listening to his album and a lawyer was insisting in court that the final line of "Paranoid" by Black Sabbath was "I tell you to end your life" and not "I tell you to enjoy life".

Whatever about the man who died, his bereaved family don't deserve to be misquoted and attacked.

F##k the 12 f##k the feds f##k the police....

Any normal people or family would be comforting each other but no..... This ain't a normal family.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gothic Insanity

walshb wrote: »
    Absolute nonsense. George wouldn’t hurt a fly!!

Sorry I meant to say it was reported that it was the sun reflecting off his fist and not his fist itself that did it.

And now Iam really going to hell.... I'll see myself out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Anyone know when the funeral is on? Should be wonderful, expecting a guard of honour, a call to arms, a bit of hate speech, clashing with Gardai. All that good stuff.

Gardai should mount an operation and full enforcement of covid19 restrictions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

Ms Chu is Lord Mayor of Dublin, disgraceful commentary from her there. Straight off the bat without analysis of the situation at all

I think Helen Mc Entee needs to give her head a wobble too and represent and support the Gardai and law abiding citizens. That’s another disgrace.

As for the woke Doctor from UCD, I’m more concerned that she is on the staff there. What are they thinking?

Turning into a kip of a country now if people cannot say boo, and media are the same.

The yoke in UCD is a particular worry. I'd be nervous she is brainwashing a lot of young impressionable minds akin to what ISIS or any other terrorist organisation engages in.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

With only 10 allowed they will have some serious party on them gofundme funds.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

piplip87 wrote: »

Yer man who got shot even dropped into the Post Office to say hello to the people that pay him every week before he went on his harmless stroll with his pet machete.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement