Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭amacca

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Look, we're all victims of cameras, recordings, instant tweets, texts, posts we regret etc.
    Give his brother the benefit of the doubt tonight. If my brother was shot dead, by anyone, for any reason, I might be expressing similar anger. As would many men. They are in shock and hurting. Their brother met the business end of the ERU. Boots should not be wiped on him now, nor his family.
    I am sure senior Gardaí are monitoring such chatter and well aware that it's best to let such anger rún its course, within reason. He's grieving, wants revenge. He's bound to say stupid things, even though frightening and worrying to the Garda's family (and Garda family).
    The Guards de-escalate and turn a blind eye regularly. If they didn't, we'd have street battles and quasi internment. They let some threats slide.

Ah ffs he's appearing at a gathering inciting people to hatred

Regardless of their skin colour what they are at is dangerous, groups of youths of any creed screaming **** da police and whipping each other up into a frenzy should have no place here regardless of what someone's criminal brother did yesterday and what happened to him because of his actions

Enough should be enough ...its the soft touch turn a blind eye crap that has our own homegrown anto and decos with barely two brain cells to rub together squaring up to the police and terrorising ordinary people just trying to live their lives in relative peace and prosperity too.

I say **** you if you gather in a gang screaming **** da police in this country......maybe maybe it has a place/some justification in parts of the US......in a grey drizzle soaked ireland with generous social welfare and seemingly no questions asked it can **** right off, this isn't LA.

As can these seemingly guilt riddled woke gob****es and the slimy scumbags on both sides trying to profit from this horse****.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

When I was a silly twenty year old and my sister had just killed I would said the same stupid things. Even if it was her fault.

His brother is just a kid and shouldn't be used like this. I think you all need to lay off him.

Yes he's telling lies. Or involved in a go fund me. But still he's just lost his brother. It's fairly normal to act in an emotional way. Especially at that age.

Even if the brother was a scumbag there are some pretty dark comments and attitudes towards a kid.

I can understand the emotional response of looking for revenge.

What needs to be taken into consider in that regard is that he stated that his brother had "mental health problems". If you know someone has ongoing "mental health problems" and they are in an incident, then you might be more open to listen to other explanations/reason.

I have seen him use mental health to excuse his brother's actions, but I haven't heard any remarks about any failing in the mental health system. I have only heard what amounts to threats against the Guard who was apparently only doing his job.

However, I cannot understand the automatic reaction to publicise the gofundme. That is completely alien to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Not from Dublin. So honest question. Is Blanchardstown a known ****hole?

Lot of social housing, many from African decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,354 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

wiggle16 wrote: »
    Crazy but I think the Gardaí are quite sensibly limiting their engagement with some of the people reacting to this incident - anything they do or don't do for the next few days is going to be portrayed as serving a particular motive. Also I don't know but I don't think they can confiscate phones and stuff just like that either.

If they ask a protest to disband, for example, there are people who will say that the Gardaí are "silencing" them. The Gardaí can't win here.

Yes, between a rock and a hard place.
    Withdraw, you look weak. Go in big balls swinging and it's a far bigger PR disaster.

Don't expect much support from the political classes either. I wouldn't do their job for any money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I think this madness can only inflame racism and create difficulties integrating communities.

When I hear and see the racism of the protestors , what happened at the Spar shop yesterday being a good example, I'm less likely to care about racism towards black people. Quid pro quo.

Let all the racists fight each other while the rest of us get on with life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭nialler1978

Not from Dublin. So honest question. Is Blanchardstown a known ****hole?

I am originally from Blanchardstown and went to scoil bhríde. it was a lovely spot and i had a lovely upbringing which was . my dad passed on and my mother is in a nursing home and the family home was sold. It was as nice and quaint an upbringing couldve been.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Claims on Facebook that the brother has been arrested for inciting hatred. I assume that's completely false?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

What needs to be taken into consider in that regard is that he stated that his brother had "mental health problems". If you know someone has ongoing "mental health problems" and they are in an incident, then you might be more open to listen to other explanations/reason.

I have seen him use mental health to excuse his brother's actions, but I haven't heard any remarks about any failing in the mental health system. I have only heard what amounts to threats against the Guard who was apparently only doing his job.

However, I cannot understand the automatic reaction to publicise the gofundme. That is completely alien to me.

No I can't see agree with the go fund me either. However he is being used and stirred up by the community.

He should be at home being supported and not used like this. He is only twenty and I just think people should consider he has just lost his brother and not call him a scumbag or slag him off.

There's a very fine line for the Gardai to tread between needlessly enflaming an otherwise reasonably peaceful mob (they weren't looting and burning buildings), and establishing themselves as a Police force to be respected.

In my opinion though, firing rocks at the Garda van has crossed that line. I can't see the German police tolerating that.

Sorry, I beg to differ, The ones that were here in Hartsown were certainly not a peaceful mob, I can assure you.

They caused mayhem and fear among the residents in the area, they caused mayhem outside the local garage and the Spar, they spilled out into the road intimidating drivers.

Granted they were not burning anything, nor were they looting, but I suspect that is more down to that fact that the shutters had been drawn on the storefront, to protect the staff and customers inside, but peaceful they were not.
    I hope Sundays poxy 'blockade' for the thug bastard, doesnt set off more of the same **** from them.

Any sympathy they might have had, is firmly gone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭kravmaga

GarIT wrote: »
    Claims on Facebook that the brother has been arrested for inciting hatred. I assume that's completely false?

Well I would not be surprised, did you not see the comments he made with the loud hailer on Twitter.

Just checked , video has been taken down on Niall Boylans , Radio talkshow host twitter feed just now.

So quite possible the brother has been arrested and charged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Even if it did contact it actually doesn't work as often as people seem to think....

Sure look.up at the times where people have died due to shock then they say they should have used pepper spray etc, sure that doesn't always work either.

Drugs or adrenaline can cause super strength.

I think a keyboard warrior here mentioned a net though. They never tried a net. Jesus wept.
    Can you imagine the headlines worldwide:- racist white cracker cops catching wisecracking, funloving African chaps in nets. Sounds like something out of an old black & white Tarzan or some slavery pic.
    All of those escalation tools were a huge risk. Folks can die. Gardaí would have been following precise protocol here. All of this will feed back into a 'lessons learned' unit. Importantly, for our society but in particular for large swathes of society who may have lost touch with the full spectrum of Garda remit, they'll have received a wake-up call, an Oh moment. Their very own lessons learned module. You can run out of road if you push your luck, as poor George did. These things run in cycles, as with all nature. Criminals will be more wary of Gardaí now, then it will ebb and next time, perhaps, a Garda will be hurt instead. So let's hope they stay trained and stay sharp. Because of their skill and training, and culture, we DON'T get shootings/beatings etc, no matter what any anti Garda crowd think. We live in fairy magic-dust times, where Gardaí rightly can't kick the sh1t out of criminals (though a purge night would be great, Ms McEntee).

• Registered Users Posts: 56,350 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Can everyone bin this ‘mental health‘ nonsense...

The guy went on a crime spree that took thought and control and determination..

Mental health, good health, bad health, or any other fooking health...

Sometimes, you know, there are just bad things done by bad people..

And really, if you were a victim of these bad episodes/things, would you give a flying fiddlers about society’s greatest buzz/fashion word, mental health, whatever in God’s name it even means...

There is no definition of it due to every Tom, Dick and Harry wanting their definition put into the dictionary!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

kravmaga wrote: »
    Well I would not be surprised, did you not see the comments he made with the loud hailer on Twitter

I did that's why I'm curious if anyone has any info. But based off a random claim with no source I'm assuming it's nonsense.

RWCNT wrote: »
    "I want his contract terminated" means "I want him fired". What do you think it means? "Contract terminated" isn't some sort of hip hop slang for "murdered".

It's also not hip hop slang or the language used by your average teenager.

You cannot, in all seriousness claim that this buffoon suddenly slid from slang about the "feds" to employment law terminology.

If he was genuinely referring to employment, he would have said 'fired' or 'sacked'. Not a hope in hell he wasn't influenced by the chap beside him.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

descent*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Hamachi

He should be at home being supported and not used like this. He is only twenty and I just think people should consider he has just lost his brother and not call him a scumbag or slag him off.

He is a 20 year old man. He’s old enough to make the conscious decision himself to stay at home to support his family.

Stop trying to infantalize him. It’s almost as bad as the media claiming his 27 year old brother is a ‘youth’.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

gozunda wrote: »
    Nope. Lol Now you're just copying what I've said on your previous comment. Perhaps it would be more constructive to be less concerned as to what you think the UN / Irish definition does include or otherwise and take a look at the more relevant issue of why a group promoting, spreading and inciting specific hate speech against another group are bizarrely being given a free pass for similar

The fact that you are also relying on the unpassed Irish bill's phrase ie 'protected characteristic' to uphold your opinion is moot. As detailed calling others '****ers' or similar is not the same as claiming that an entire group are 'racists' and 'killing all black people' of wtte

This from the UN document referred to is perhaps most relevant

It would appear that our own proposed legislation on hate speech atm ignores the broader but no less important issues of incitement to discrimination, hostility and violence which is found in the descriptions of the Garda Sh as 'racists' and 'killers of black people'

That needs to be addressed as a matter of apparent urgency considering

I mean, yeah, you tried to shift burden of proof onto me and I'm not having it, since it's your assertion. I'm not playing that game, so back the ping pong ball goes.

I'm not relying on our unpassed bill to uphold my opinion- I've just used our own proposed legislation (which you admit wouldn't cover this) and that of our closest neighbours as examples. I actually had a scan through the wiki articles on the hate speech laws of a number of different nations, none mention profession or occupation anywhere whatsoever.

You're right that the discussion you refer to would be more productive than this one, which we've both admitted is semantic. Not overly keen to go down that road though as I can already tell we don't agree and someone has already complained that this is a petty side-argument, so I'm happy to leave it there.
    Burkie1203 wrote: »
    He says

"I want him finished"

"When we find him .... yeah" he is also laughing as he says it. Are they going to find him and ask him to resign?

Thats a threat. Period.

You can try and manipulate this anyway you want but its a clear as day threat to a Garda's life.

You've not added anything new to your argument here, so just refer to my previous post I suppose.
    It's also not hip hop slang or the language used by your average teenager.

You cannot, in all seriousness claim that this buffoon suddenly slid from slang about the "feds" to employment law terminology.

If he was genuinely referring to employment, he would have said 'fired' or 'sacked'. Not a hope in hell he wasn't influenced by the chap beside him.

OK, so you're asking me to agree that "I want his contract terminated" must mean "I want him killed" because you consider it an odd turn of phrase for a teenager? (which he's apparently not?) Sorry, not doing it. It's hardly super technical employment law chat you'd need to work in corporate HR to know. The same sort of terminology is used in the media all the time when talking about soccer players.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Redrum123

Hamachi wrote: »
    He is a 20 year old man. He’s old enough to make the conscious decision himself to stay at home to support his family.

Stop trying to infantalize him. It’s almost as bad as the media claiming his 27 year old brother is a ‘youth’.

Only 20....jesus, childhood just seems to be extending longer and longer doesn't it? How does a 20 year old not know what he is saying? If he doesn't then that's a failure of his parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,330 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Many of them are decent, yeah.

Proper order if true. Its what needs to be done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Hamachi wrote: »

I know. He should know better of course.

People act in stupid ways when they loose a close family member. He's just angry and twenty is young. Too young for him to be used like that.

I just think the criticism of him is a bit much in the circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭kravmaga

I did that's why I'm curious if anyone has any info. But based off a random claim with no source I'm assuming it's nonsense.

Its been taken down or deleted off twitter now.

I viewed it at 6pm and it was very clear to me that the language used was of a harassment nature to cause alarm and distress to the Garda who shot his brother.

A clear threat to the Gardai and fingers up to the establishment of law and order in this country.

Imo it was enough evidence to be arrested and charged before the courts.

Law and order has to prevail otherwise we will just have chaos and anarchy in our streets.

personally, regards the go fund, I think that is to really gather in funds for more protesting further down the line. More organised events in the future. Sure, I do think the funeral will be paid for, but the rest of the money...:rolleyes:

People act in stupid ways when they loose a close family member. He's just angry and twenty is young. Too young for him to be used like that.

Twenty is a grown adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,330 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I am originally from Blanchardstown and went to scoil bhríde. it was a lovely spot and i had a lovely upbringing which was . my dad passed on and my mother is in a nursing home and the family home was sold. It was as nice and quaint an upbringing couldve been.

Same could be said about Tallaght. However, some areas in Blanch and Tallaght are absolute sh!tholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

No I can't see agree with the go fund me either. However he is being used and stirred up by the community.

He's being used by the community?
    A worrying sentiment.

He should be nowhere near a microphone, and the reaction of the crowd to his suggestion is what might happen to the Garda in question when they find him was unsettling.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

She gave a lecture today to internet influencers on how to steer the narrative to black people being the victim. And how to deflect and deny any of the wrongdoing. She said answering people who say he is a criminal steers the narrative in that direction so instead to ignore criticism and only post positive things about him. She also scheduled times when they should put particular pressure on with bursts of posts.

She has in the past advised the government on race issues in Ireland.

Ah ok,I know this one, just thought some medical doctor had come out with something.. Apologies im watching "murder on the orient express" 2017 with herself bit if welcome escapism

• Registered Users Posts: 56,350 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Twenty is a grown adult.

It is.

But still very young. Young adult. People grow and mature through the years..

That’s not excusing this man’s behaviour...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,354 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Twenty is a grown adult.

He can drive a car, join the army (if he were arsed), be served alcohol, get married, vote.

Adults are infantilised and behaving like children nearly into their 30s now.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

He's an adult which means if he is making threats and inciting violence he might be prosecuted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement