Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭kravmaga

I am originally from Blanchardstown and went to scoil bhríde. it was a lovely spot and i had a lovely upbringing which was . my dad passed on and my mother is in a nursing home and the family home was sold. It was as nice and quaint an upbringing couldve been.

Yes Im sure, well that was probably back in the 1970's, its a changed place now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Hamachi

I know. He should know better of course.

People act in stupid ways when they loose a close family member. He's just angry and twenty is young. Too young for him to be used like that.

I just think the criticism of him is a bit much in the circumstances.

I understand what you are saying, but the fact remains that this is a grown man with full autonomy to behave as he sees fit. He deliberately chose to behave like a degenerate.

I’m tired of the argument that he’s only 20 or 27. I’m sure your life was well underway at 20, as was mine and everybody else posting here. He doesn’t get a free pass to incite hatred and whip up a baying mob of imbeciles because he is bereaved.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Hamachi wrote: »
    I understand what you are saying, but the fact remains that this is a grown man with full autonomy to behave as he sees fit. He deliberately chose to behave like a degenerate.

I’m tired of the argument that he’s only 20 or 27. I’m sure your life was well underway at 20, as was mine and everybody else posting here. He doesn’t get a free pass to incite hatred and whip up a baying mob of imbeciles because he is bereaved.

There is actually a bill in consideration to trial people as children until they reach 25.

The thread title needs to be changed.

"Shop thief shot dead by Gardai",

He didn't steal a bag of sweeties, he committed GBH on a member of staff while wielding a machete.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gothic Insanity

Ah ok,I know this one, just thought some medical doctor had come out with something.. Apologies im watching "murder on the orient express" 2017 with herself bit if welcome escapism

Good film!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

GarIT wrote: »
    There is actually a bill in consideration to trial people as children until they reach 25.

Young offenders :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭amacca

Oh good god........even longer for people to have reduced to almost no levels of responsibility for their own actions.

That would be an exceptionally bad idea, they might as well put up a giant neon sign that says free pass for criminality until you are 25 if that comes to pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭tastyt

If I ever find myself in the unfortunate position of being swung at with a machete by a scumbag who has just been on a crime spree I sincerely hope the cops are there to put him down before he takes my head off.

Majority of these protesters are young , naive idiots who are either living their lives through social media bull**** woke ( a word I hate ) accounts or trying desperately to feel relevant or right on by mimicking their American heroes with absolutely no understanding how stupid it is to try to compare Ireland , where black people are given everything to the US and it’s history of slavery and genuine police brutality.

It’s cringeworthy but also dangerous, I have young cousins who have jumped on this BLM ****e going to Irish universities where it is rampant to the point of brainwashing. People need to wake up and think for themselves when the facts are presented .

I heard the report of the incident before I actually heard it was a black man that was shot dead. When I heard what happened I thought “ sounds like a scumbag deservedly got what was coming to him “

My mind shouldn’t change because I heard of his skin colour, that would be racist , right ?

amacca wrote: »
    Oh good god........even longer for people to have reduced to almost no levels of responsibility for their own actions.

That would be an exceptionally bad idea, they might as well put up a giant neon sign that says free pass for criminality until you are 25 if that comes to pass.

Agreed. The reasoning was that the brain isn't full developed until around 25 therefore someone could have matured since but I'm strongly against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

I think there's little that they could do that wouldn't make things ten times worse.

The crowd were set on guard baiting.

Yep, smart not to rise to the bait at the time. Hope anyone who has committed an offence will be taken in and charged in the coming days though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

If he had a white face there would nowt about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

When I was a silly twenty year old and my sister had just killed I would said the same stupid things. Even if it was her fault.

His brother is just a kid and shouldn't be used like this. I think you all need to lay off him.

Yes he's telling lies. Or involved in a go fund me. But still he's just lost his brother. It's fairly normal to act in an emotional way. Especially at that age.

Even if the brother was a scumbag there are some pretty dark comments and attitudes towards a kid.

All over the age of 18 the speakers, I'd hedge a hard earned bike if I said what the brother said, I'd be in a custody cell in my local Garda station.

Mimon wrote: »
    Yep, smart not to rise to the bait at the time. Hope anyone who has committed an offence will be taken in and charged in the coming days though.

They are very hard to identify with all these anti white on black racism (but pro black on white racism as revealed in the last 24 hours) organisations asking everyone protesting to wear all black and cover everything but their eyes. Can't imagine why they would want to make themselves hard to identify other than intending to commit crimes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Hamachi wrote: »

It's a personal ancedote so i guess it isn't worth a **** but i had a part time job when i was 14 until i was 18, same as all my siblings.

I was working full time by 18 to fund my own college experience and i have been in employment since then and lived as a grown adult out on my own.

It sticks in my throat that grown men in their 20s are being referred to as "youths" simply because they are complete and utter wastes of space still living at home with mammy and daddy.

My auld lad would have given me some talking to if i was still sitting around the house at their age mostly because he would feel like it was his fault that i'd ended up as such a waster.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,454 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

In what country and can you provide a link to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭amacca

Agreed. The reasoning was that the brain isn't full developed until around 25 therefore someone could have matured since but I'm strongly against it.

The thing is some brains don't seem to tend to mature until they have to imo.

Removing consequences for actions isn't without consequences for the rest of society.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Was his attack on the white shop worker or guard a racist attack ?

Come over to this country, bent over backwards for, ridiculous welfare state, everything handed to them on a plate. If they aren't happy here , they know where Dublin airport is!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Lot of social housing, many from African decent.

Houses during the boom worth in excess of 400k, I have friends from the dark continent who are living here best part of 20 years paying their own way not the state.

They are very hard to identify with all these anti white on black racism (but pro black on white racism as revealed in the last 24 hours) organisations asking everyone protesting to wear all black and cover everything but their eyes. Can't imagine why they would want to make themselves hard to identify other than intending to commit crimes.

Anyone know if its true that the solicitor Micahel Finucane is linked with one of these protests? I saw a flyer, I think from some Fingal Against racism type group, that gave advice on covering scars and tattoos and wearing dark clothing, and his name was attached.

I personally thought it seemed unethical, it read to me, as if a solicitor was advising people on how to avoid something criminal. I mean, surely you would wear whatever going to a genuine peaceful protest and not worry about covering identifying features.. but maybe its not. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Was his attack on the white shop worker or guard a racist attack ?

Come over to this country, bent over backwards for, ridiculous welfare state, everything handed to them on a plate. If they aren't happy here , they know where Dublin airport is!

Add to that the staff member is supposed to be gay with a minor disability! That's the real hate crime

Bad man died for doing bad things - skin/race/creed/religion IRRELEVANT

• Advertisement

tastyt wrote: »
    If I ever find myself in the unfortunate position of being swung at with a machete by a scumbag who has just been on a crime spree I sincerely hope the cops are there to put him down before he takes my head off.

Majority of these protesters are young , naive idiots who are either living their lives through social media bull**** woke ( a word I hate ) accounts or trying desperately to feel relevant or right on by mimicking their American heroes with absolutely no understanding how stupid it is to try to compare Ireland , where black people are given everything to the US and it’s history of slavery and genuine police brutality.

It’s cringeworthy but also dangerous, I have young cousins who have jumped on this BLM ****e going to Irish universities where it is rampant to the point of brainwashing. People need to wake up and think for themselves when the facts are presented .

I heard the report of the incident before I actually heard it was a black man that was shot dead. When I heard what happened I thought “ sounds like a scumbag deservedly got what was coming to him “

My mind shouldn’t change because I heard of his skin colour, that would be racist , right ?

Very nicely worded.

A scumbag got shot.

For 99% of people in this country, colour doesn't come in to in.

35 previous convictions? All of a sudden he had "mental health" issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I hope these morons rampaging and that's what they are doing is rampaging through blanch and the shopping center realize they are the instigating racial unrest with this utter trash mentality that they live in some sort of Americanized police state. It's rare for a gard to kill someone on the job given the circumstances race had zero to with this, the guy had 30 previous convictions almost murdered a man and attacked a woman resisted arrest and lunged at an officer with a machete.

This is reason for all these idiots out causing havoc and attacking white people in blanch chanting anti white racism ? and it's not even on the news deport these morons back to the country their parents came from. They are actually making my blood boil i seen them chasing a woman and son attacking them and recording it earlier, swarming around a mans van threatening him. it's a disgrace where are the gardi and i bet none of this gets covered by RTE.

Sick of these entitled idiots ruining dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

There'll be riots at this. I guarantee it. Hopefully the Gardai are given the resources and backup they sorely need.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭section4

RWCNT wrote: »
    I can't refer back to the original video as it's been taken down, but I believe he said "I want him finished" after saying "I want his contract terminated", so I took it in that sense. I admit the "When we find him" doesn't sound great, but it's in the context of a speech where he says he wants justice for his brother and the termination of the guard's employment. You can choose to take it a number of ways, it's nowhere near the level of the statement "I want him dead" which was falsely attributed to him in the video.

To be honest, I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if that's what the guy is thinking. His brother has just died - I'd probably be completely in denial of everything and filled with blind fury myself. But an attempt to misquote him as openly saying "I want him dead" is disgusting.

@Punisher/the Twitter vid from Burkie - Your comment/the vid has nothing do with what I'm saying, so I have no comment. For all I know the family are a right shower, doesn't mean they should be misquoted as openly calling for the death of public servants.

"I want his contract terminated" means "I want him fired". What do you think it means? "Contract terminated" isn't some sort of hip hop slang for "murdered".

you need to get out more
    to any right minded person listening to him talking and the tone of his voice it is clear as daylight that he wished harm on the guard

you think he is going to say i want his contract terminated, sure, dream,
    this is part of the problem not addressing the material reality of what is happening on the ground through ignorance or bias.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

This whole affair will blow over incredibly quickly especially when the GSOC report shows that the Gardaí acted correctly.

We don't have a culture of police brutality towards any race, culture or ethnicity in Ireland. In fact, what we do have is an unarmed day-to-day police force who are extremely reluctant to have to bring out the armed response unit. The fact that they were present shows the gravity of the situation and how much of a danger he posed to those around him.

The black lives matter movement is an extremely worthy one but it's being devalued by a bunch of "woke" teenagers in Blanchardstown trying to shoe horn this incident into that movement.

This was an isolated incident of an absolute lunatic who had already stabbed one person and was apparently attacking Gardaí. Doesn't matter who he was, what the colour of his skin was, I firmly believe the Gardaí would have dealt with it the same way if it had been a white person.

Just because a bunch of naive teenagers are trying to put him on a pedestal as some type of hero who has been served a great injustice doesn't mean it's actually the case.

Some people jumped on this saying it was Ireland's George Floyd movement but I think most people know it isn't and can see it for what it actually is. There's not much media coverage being given to the rather tame protests as they are absolute nonsense being led by naive teenagers and due to the ongoing GSOC investigation and out of respect to that boys family, most media outlets are not going anywhere near that angle as it simply doesn't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

There'll be riots at this. I guarantee it. Hopefully the Gardai are given the resources and backup they sorely need.

Lol! Can you imagine white people joining up to protest? Taking their lives into their own hands?! Literally a gutless pushover of a country, brought to you by the likes of varadkar , mm etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Literally a gutless pushover of a country, brought to you by the likes of varadkar , mm etc.

What does that nonsense even mean?

Since when is 'the country' defined by some eejits in Balbriggan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Beltby

Lol! Can you imagine white people joining up to protest? Taking their loves into their own hands?! Literally a gutless pushover of a country, brought to you by the likes of varadkar , mm etc.

Someone should remind that clown that there's a lock down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Daragh1980

I think I know why the Left have not expressed sympathy for the shop manager.

Because of his position, they consider him a boss.

The Left don’t approve of

Bosses
    Police
    Private property etc

So if anything bad happens to a boss, a Garda or someone who owns their own house, the Left don’t care.

Also explains why they shed no tears for Garda Colm Horkan or my elderly neighbours who were attacked by a travelling gang in 2018 and are now shadows of their former selves.

• Advertisement

john4321 wrote: »
    In what country and can you provide a link to it?

Ireland. I remember it was discussed here but I'm not finding it easily.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement