Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

There'll be riots at this. I guarantee it. Hopefully the Gardai are given the resources and backup they sorely need.

The only time any of these people will be seen near a library.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

section4 wrote: »
    you need to get out more
    to any right minded person listening to him talking and the tone of his voice it is clear as daylight that he wished harm on the guard

you think he is going to say i want his contract terminated, sure, dream,
    this is part of the problem not addressing the material reality of what is happening on the ground through ignorance or bias.

I get out plenty, don't worry, and since he literally did say that - no, not dreaming.

I'd imagine he probably does wish harm on the guard tbh! His brother has just died. Even if my brother was the biggest scumbag going I'm sure I'd be full of denial and blind fury in his situation. I'm not bothered with what he's thinking though, I'm talking about what he actually said. I admit his words can be interpreted as a threat - of course they can, particularly the last sentence. However, the far more blatant quote of "I want him dead" that was attributed to him via the subtitles was completely false.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭section4

When I was a silly twenty year old and my sister had just killed I would said the same stupid things. Even if it was her fault.

His brother is just a kid and shouldn't be used like this. I think you all need to lay off him.

Yes he's telling lies. Or involved in a go fund me. But still he's just lost his brother. It's fairly normal to act in an emotional way. Especially at that age.

Even if the brother was a scumbag there are some pretty dark comments and attitudes towards a kid.

if my brother had been involved with crime and i was aware of it, i would expect him to get aught or suffer some consequence at some stage and i would know whose fault it was, his own, no one else s

where is the mother and father , thats who should be speaking on behalf of the deceased, they are older and would have more sense

• Registered Users Posts: 15,454 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

GarIT wrote: »
    Ireland. I remember it was discussed here but I'm not finding it easily.

Maybe because it's not true?

You said:

"There is actually a bill in consideration to trial people as children until they reach 25."

I have never seen anything like this being proposed even though you stated is as fact.

There'll be riots at this. I guarantee it. Hopefully the Gardai are given the resources and backup they sorely need.

No there won't.

Again 99% of people see what this is. There is no race element in this shooting.

What I do worry about is the triggering(trigger as in launching, or setting them off) of a anti-black movement/vigilantes/ basically white scumbags who want to beat up black or non-white people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Jake1 wrote: »
    Anyone know if its true that the solicitor Micahel Finucane is linked with one of these protests? I saw a flyer, I think from some Fingal Against racism type group, that gave advice on covering scars and tattoos and wearing dark clothing, and his name was attached.

I personally thought it seemed unethical, it read to me, as if a solicitor was advising people on how to avoid something criminal. I mean, surely you would wear whatever going to a genuine peaceful protest and not worry about covering identifying features.. but maybe its not. :confused:

There was never an intention for it to be peaceful. They were chanting "no peace". On twitter they have been threatening violence against white people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Even if it did contact it actually doesn't work as often as people seem to think....

Sure look.up at the times where people have died due to shock then they say they should have used pepper spray etc, sure that doesn't always work either.

Drugs or adrenaline can cause super strength.

If used correctly a tazer should work, it basically causes all the muscles to contract, so your legs/arms/back will straighten and you can't move

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Was his attack on the white shop worker or guard a racist attack ?

Come over to this country, bent over backwards for, ridiculous welfare state, everything handed to them on a plate. If they aren't happy here , they know where Dublin airport is!

Nah, can't be racist against a white person. Racism requires a position of power which all white people are apparently born with. Violence against white people is called justice these days.

A parent questioning local TD, whether it will be safe for secondary school age kids when they go back to school, in the area.

Fair question too, I think.

https://twitter.com/Justwon22228387/status/1345137211629572096

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭section4

tastyt wrote: »
    If I ever find myself in the unfortunate position of being swung at with a machete by a scumbag who has just been on a crime spree I sincerely hope the cops are there to put him down before he takes my head off.

Majority of these protesters are young , naive idiots who are either living their lives through social media bull**** woke ( a word I hate ) accounts or trying desperately to feel relevant or right on by mimicking their American heroes with absolutely no understanding how stupid it is to try to compare Ireland , where black people are given everything to the US and it’s history of slavery and genuine police brutality.

It’s cringeworthy but also dangerous, I have young cousins who have jumped on this BLM ****e going to Irish universities where it is rampant to the point of brainwashing. People need to wake up and think for themselves when the facts are presented .

I heard the report of the incident before I actually heard it was a black man that was shot dead. When I heard what happened I thought “ sounds like a scumbag deservedly got what was coming to him “

My mind shouldn’t change because I heard of his skin colour, that would be racist , right ?
    these protestors are like teenyboppers following the latest fad
    never been anywhere
    never done anything
    and being brainwashed online.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

No there won't.

Again 99% of people see what this is. There is no race element in this shooting.

What I do worry about is the triggering(trigger as in launching, or setting them off) of a anti-black movement/vigilantes/ basically white scumbags who want to beat up black or non-white people.

I’m not so sure. The youths in Balbriggan are well known for their trouble making. I could see some locals turning up and trying to settle old scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

JJayoo wrote: »
    If used correctly a tazer should work, it basically causes all the muscles to contract, so your legs/arms/back will straighten and you can't move

Incorrect as tasers pretty useless for a while if a guys on meds, Coke etc

john4321 wrote: »
    Maybe because it's not true?

You said:

"There is actually a bill in consideration to trial people as children until they reach 25."

I have never seen anything like this being proposed even though you stated is as fact.

I'm sure it is.

And I never said it's happening. I said a bill was proposed. Could have been voted down I haven't heard much about it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

When I was a silly twenty year old and my sister had just killed I would said the same stupid things. Even if it was her fault.

His brother is just a kid and shouldn't be used like this. I think you all need to lay off him.

Yes he's telling lies. Or involved in a go fund me. But still he's just lost his brother. It's fairly normal to act in an emotional way. Especially at that age.

Even if the brother was a scumbag there are some pretty dark comments and attitudes towards a kid.

The comments made about a serving member of the force are pretty dark, especially at his age.

On its own you might say he was just being silly but after all the voilence the past few days It just highlights a real lack of integration from his community and how little they understand the rule of law in this country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

Daragh1980 wrote: »
    I think I know why the Left have not expressed sympathy for the shop manager.

Because of his position, they consider him a boss.

The Left don’t approve of

Bosses
    Police
    Private property etc

So if anything bad happens to a boss, a Garda or someone who owns their own house, the Left don’t care.

Also explains why they shed no tears for Garda Colm Horkan or my elderly neighbours who were attacked by a travelling gang in 2018 and are now shadows of their former selves.

None of these extreme left groups ever get more than than the odd county council or Dáil or MEP seat. Essentially they exist to soak up the protest vote and they never go into a coalition government. They do nothing but make useless speeches bring forward lunatic motions often fixated on Israel and put forward utterly stupid Marxist manifestos with a bit of Greta a bit of class struggle and a bit of save the whales for good measure.

I'm sure it is.

And I never said it's happening. I said a bill was proposed. Could have been voted down I haven't heard much about it since.

Since when?

You have not posted a single thing about it just made a statement saying it was happening.

If it's happening there must be lots of articles about it? If not it's what they call "fake news"

Since when?

You have not posted a single thing about it just made a statement saying it was happening.

If it's happening there must be lots of articles about it? If not it's what they call "fake news"

If you don't want to believe me fine. There's hundreds of bills proposed every year, not all of them get a tonne of articles.

And there could be, might just not be using the right words for Google. Getting mostly stuff about spent convictions.

35 previous convictions? All of a sudden he had "mental health" issues.

The guys was given asylum here and that's the thanks he gives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Not sure if anyone has seen this but this is a small amateur analysis but seems fairly correct.

Quality is awful

https://streamable.com/cozmp5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

None of these extreme left groups ever get more than than the odd county council or Dáil or MEP seat. Essentially they exist to soak up the protest vote and they never go into a coalition government. They do nothing but make useless speeches bring forward lunatic motions often fixated on Israel and put forward utterly stupid Marxist manifestos with a bit of Greta a bit of class struggle and a bit of save the whales for good measure.

With a bit of luck, they'll all be on the dole after the next election when SF run the appropriate number of candidates. They all rode in on their coattails the last time.

Unfortunately they'll be back the following election after SF wind up in government and can't just kowtow to the want to pay for nothing and get everything handed to them free brigade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

“Be der”.... ironic it’s outside a library

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Houses during the boom worth in excess of 400k, I have friends from the dark continent who are living here best part of 20 years paying their own way not the state.

Sorry wasn't clear on that, private housing provided by the state as in..... Paid for by the state to private landlords....

I worked there, done work on some of these houses and one of my friends dad has numerous properties there all housing hap.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

RWCNT wrote: »
    I mean, yeah, you tried to shift burden of proof onto me and I'm not having it, since it's your assertion. I'm not playing that game, so back the ping pong ball goes. I'm not relying on our unpassed bill to uphold my opinion- I've just used our own proposed legislation (which you admit wouldn't cover this) and that of our closest neighbours as examples. I actually had a scan through the wiki articles on the hate speech laws of a number of different nations, none mention profession or occupation anywhere whatsoever.
    You're right that the discussion you refer to would be more productive than this one, which we've both admitted is semantic. Not overly keen to go down that road though as I can already tell we don't agree and someone has already complained that this is a petty side-argument, so I'm happy to leave it there.

Ok. You may note you brought up the rabbit hole of 'burden of proof'. I simply passed that back without engaging as it is irrelevant imo. And I made no reference to 'profession' / 'occupation' btw rather that a person by virtue of being a Garda - that is logically an identity characteristic in its own right.

And as already detailed by the UN - 'What is hate speech?'
    There is no international legal definition of hate speech, and the characterization of what
    is ‘hateful’ is controversial and disputed.

But more importantly - the issue of hate speech being promoted is central to the current allegations of hate speech and racism. Currently we have a group who are actively protected from hate speech by the garda, being encouraged by another group to use hate speech describing all gardai as 'racists' and the 'killers' of all black people in order to promote deliberate incitement to discrimination, hostility and violence.

And on that note I'll leave it there as I see you're moved to discussing semantics with others ;)

Since when?

https://www.iprt.ie/spent-convictions/the-irish-times-young-peoples-criminal-records-should-be-wiped-at-25/

I’m not so sure. The youths in Balbriggan are well known for their trouble making. I could see some locals turning up and trying to settle old scores.

I was in Dublin City centre today and have never seen more gardai in the city.

I counted 12 on O'Connell street alone. Most I ever saw was 2. I was in a taxi to heuston to get a train to Galway(I live alone in Dublin as does my father in Galway and need to be here for him)

I've never seen the city so empty and yet so many Guards. Maybe they were expecting company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Not a bill and not a proposal to treat 18 to 25 year old as children.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Today they are out protesting and causing a general nuisance but I fear in years to come we could have a severe issue with many areas becoming ripe for extremist radicalisation.

I really hope I'm wrong but the seeds are already there now and it could be only a matter of time before we get an atrocity which could be on the same scale as Manchester.

There was never an intention for it to be peaceful. They were chanting "no peace". On twitter they have been threatening violence against white people.

I get what you are saying, but what I dont get is why a prominent Solicitor would have his name attached to something like the aforementioned flyer :)

If you don't want to believe me fine. There's hundreds of bills proposed every year, not all of them get a tonne of articles.

And there could be, might just not be using the right words for Google. Getting mostly stuff about spent convictions.

You said:

"There is actually a bill in consideration to trial people as children until they reach 25"

I asked for a singe example or proof of this as I could not find any thats all.

Where did you see this or did you make it up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Not sure if anyone has seen this but this is a small amateur analysis but seems fairly correct.

Quality is awful

https://streamable.com/cozmp5

Case closed in my eyes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement