Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭section4

Daragh1980 wrote: »
    I think I know why the Left have not expressed sympathy for the shop manager.

Because of his position, they consider him a boss.

The Left don’t approve of

Bosses
    Police
    Private property etc

So if anything bad happens to a boss, a Garda or someone who owns their own house, the Left don’t care.

Also explains why they shed no tears for Garda Colm Horkan or my elderly neighbours who were attacked by a travelling gang in 2018 and are now shadows of their former selves.

oh the left approve of private property alright dont you worry about that
    check out where the likes of lucy michael, pat kenny, et al live

i found this out when i lived in london in the borough of harringey
    you couldnt get a more leftist place at eh time late 80s
    all the PC nonsense you hear was going on there then
    i thought the i was a working class guy and left wing
    by god i got a lesson in identity politics there
    these fake leftists are as materialistic as any capitlaists
    i noted when they bough their council houses cheaply from the council
    they all of sudden became very territorial, and they are mostly like that
    i used to check out the council houses and gardens, as soon as you
    walked into their garden of the house they bought they were straight on to you,
    hey thats my land you are on, they would shout
    i find most of these so called fake leftist are simply using the situation
    until they move up the ladder themselves and then they change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Today they are out protesting and causing a general nuisance but I fear in years to come we could have a severe issue with many areas becoming ripe for extremist radicalisation.

I really hope I'm wrong but the seeds are already there now and it could be only a matter of time before we get an atrocity which could be on the same scale as Manchester.

Were they? All five(??) incidents of agro yesterday ended up on teh internet. We saw none of the same today other than the brother's "speeches". I'd imagine had their been much general nuisances caused today they'd also have been linked left, right and centre all over the internet.

This will blow over. No need to panic.
    Jake1 wrote: »
    I get what you are saying, but what I dont get is why a prominent Solicitor would have his name attached to something like the aforementioned flyer :)

Who's to say he consented to his name being put on the flyer?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Today they are out protesting and causing a general nuisance but I fear in years to come we could have a severe issue with many areas becoming ripe for extremist radicalisation.

I really hope I'm wrong but the seeds are already there now and it could be only a matter of time before we get an atrocity which could be on the same scale as Manchester.

Already at it it's just kept quiet as media won't show it for what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

It would appear many support this George

https://www.gofundme.com/f/72z2pw-funeral-costs-for-george-nkencho

I wouldn't give him a cent personally. But it should be noted the goal was 5,000 yesterday. Now it's 15,000. Am sure it will go up again.

Can this fund raiser not be reported to go fund me?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Not a bill and not a proposal to treat 18 to 25 year old as children.

Its all I've found so far.

• Advertisement

Samsgirl wrote: »

A few in the thread earlier were on about reporting it but I don't see what grounds it would be reported under. Loads of fundraisers on there exceed their initial targets.

Were they? All five(??) incidents of agro yesterday ended up on teh internet. We saw none of the same today other than the brother's "speeches". I'd imagine had their been much general nuisances caused today they'd also have been linked left, right and centre all over the internet.

This will blow over. No need to panic.

Who's to say he consented to his name being put on the flyer?

I agree, which is why I asked

Originally Posted by Jake1 View Post
    Anyone know if its true that the solicitor Micahel Finucane is linked with one of these protests?

GarIT wrote: »
    Its all I've found so far.

So perhaps there wasn't a bill to treat 18 to 25 year olds as children?

john4321 wrote: »
    You said:

"There is actually a bill in consideration to trial people as children until they reach 25"

I asked for a singe example or proof of this as I could not find any thats all.

Where did you see this or did you make it up?

On boards.

So perhaps there wasn't a bill to treat 18 to 25 year olds as children?

I'm fairly confident there was a bill proposed that would treat convictions of 18-24 year olds as childhood convictions and erase them from any record on reaching 25.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,451 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

On boards.

Quote it then so we can see if what you said was genuine please.

Also what you said was:

"There is actually a bill in consideration to trial people as children until they reach 25"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭Polar101

35 previous convictions? All of a sudden he had "mental health" issues.

Just wondering if there are any confirmed facts about his previous convictions? They seem to be going up by the hour.

(Same goes for the mental health issues, I guess)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Samsgirl wrote: »

They don't get involved ,

Who says crime doesn't pay

Jake1 wrote: »
    I get what you are saying, but what I dont get is why a prominent Solicitor would have his name attached to something like the aforementioned flyer :)

It's also been shared by a lecturer in UCD to ask for a certain solicitor if you are arrested. The lecturer could be a complete idiot but I can't imagine them saying that if the solicitor hadn't agreed to that.

Also what you said was:

Yeah I'm looking for it, just wait a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Davaeo09 wrote: »
    I spotted a grand total of 1 Irishmans name on that scum page.
    Poor cuck

A lot of Anonymous donors as well compared to the shop managers page.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Ireland. I remember it was discussed here but I'm not finding it easily.

Thinking of this maybe

https://extra.ie/2020/08/11/news/irish-news/age-limit-garda-young-offenders/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Justice Minister to consider raising age limit of youth offenders programme from 18 to 24

Also what you said was:

Getting closer

"Ireland has made good progress in reforming the youth justice system as it applies to children aged under 18 years. This includes the removal of all children from the adult prison system, and legislation that states that detention must be a sanction of a last resort for those aged under 18. Considering all the evidence of what works, we are calling for similar sentencing approaches to be extended to young adults aged 18-24."

https://www.iprt.ie/latest-news/distinct-approach-needed-for-young-adults-in-the-criminal-justice-system-iprt/

Thinking of this maybe

https://extra.ie/2020/08/11/news/irish-news/age-limit-garda-young-offenders/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Justice Minister to consider raising age limit of youth offenders programme from 18 to 24

Yeah that could have been it. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Not sure if anyone has seen this but this is a small amateur analysis but seems fairly correct.

Quality is awful

https://streamable.com/cozmp5

To think that there are people - including politicians and public representatives - that would still claim racism, police brutality, lack of training etc. on behalf of AGS and that poor George wouldn’t hurt a fly after watching that is extremely worrying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

I am wondering about this mental health claim issue too.
    Is it possible he was on antipsychotics?

If not was he actively engaging with a therapist to get over these issues?

I've read here and else where that not only was he known by the police for his anti-social behavior but they had also helped with some of his previous episodes.
    All hear-say though.

The only people that know what really happened are the brave men and women who responded to a dire situation and did what I believe was the only option remaining - preserve your own life and those of your colleagues.

Hopefully some of the people on here, who are so quick to hate our guards will never have to deal with the threat of a maniac about to attack them :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

sugarman wrote: »
    Yeah I'd be dubious about the previous convictions that are being thrown around considering there is not a single mention of his name in any searches prior to his death. Normally you'd get a handful of results from the court pages.

Not if you request google to erase under gdpr. I’ve read things online in the past about people and when I google now....zero

Getting closer

"Ireland has made good progress in reforming the youth justice system as it applies to children aged under 18 years. This includes the removal of all children from the adult prison system, and legislation that states that detention must be a sanction of a last resort for those aged under 18. Considering all the evidence of what works, we are calling for similar sentencing approaches to be extended to young adults aged 18-24."

https://www.iprt.ie/latest-news/distinct-approach-needed-for-young-adults-in-the-criminal-justice-system-iprt/

Still nothing to backup your statement though?

Any links to that or was it a lie?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,540 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Thinking of this maybe

How about lowering it to 14 - now that would make more sense instead of classing anyone under 30 as a youth/kid

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

What's your problem? You're like a dog with a bone.

I'm not arsed ingaging in your confrontational way of approaching things at Half one in the morning. It wasn't a lie but I'm not arsed wasting my time trying to search for it when I could be sleeping. You have a link there saying the minister for justice is considering treating people as children for sentencing until they are 25 and for the records of convictions to be erased at 25. If that's not good enough/close enough fine.

Minister for justice is saying she's considering it. Somethibg like that would require a bill to be passed so it's not far fetched to just let it go and assume it's being worked on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

This age limit convo has absolutely nothing to do with the thread topic why are people harping on about it.

Create a new thread for this nonsense or slap it in afterhours.

I'm not arsed ingaging in your confrontational way of approaching things at Half one in the morning. It wasn't a lie but I'm not arsed wasting my time trying to search for it when I could be sleeping. You have a link there saying the minister for justice is considering treating people as children for sentencing until they are 25 and for the records of convictions to be erased at 25. If that's not good enough/close enough fine.

You could say “yeah, sorry I must have misremembered, there isn’t actually such a bill in consideration”.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

This age limit convo has absolutely nothing to do with the thread topic why are people harping on about it.

Create a new thread for this nonsense or slap it in afterhours.

Tbf it's one grumpy old sodd who has a problem with the word "consideration". Not as if the whole threads been derailed... oh wait.

Any way hopefully there will be no more violence and the guards never have to RESPOND again.

• Advertisement

What's your problem? You're like a dog with a bone.

On a forum I am not allowed to challenge or question a statement from another poster? It's not Twitter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement