Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭NSAman

Tpcl20 wrote: »

She is getting slated in that tweet and rightly so.

So much for the first “lady” of dublin looking after the interests of the law abiding citizens and law enforcement. She has shown where her true interests are...what an idiot .

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

Can they not be arrested/charged with Loitering and public disorder and also attacking garda vehicles and tormenting work staff? I thought that was a punishable offence within Irish law. The gardai it seems are afraid to do anything.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Can they not be arrested/charged with Loitering and public disorder and also attacking garda vehicles and tormenting work staff? I thought that was a punishable offence within Irish law. The gardai it seems are afraid to do anything.

The Gardai are "guardians of the peace". Sometimes it's better not to inflame a situation more.
    E.g. can you point to a similar comment about how water protestors were tormenting Irish water contractors and the Gardai didn't arrest them?

The Gardai are "guardians of the peace". Sometimes it's better not to inflame a situation more.
    E.g. can you point to a similar comment about how water protestors were tormenting Irish water contractors and the Gardai didn't arrest them?

Ah hang on there now Jimmy. If I as a native Irish citizen threw rocks and bottles at any garda car/van or caused less than these people done, I would be fecked into a garda car and brought to the station and put in a cell awaiting my charge sheet. I don't care who you are or what colour a person is, if you break the law like the way they did, then you get charged. The way they are getting away with this is wrong on many levels.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

That would be an illegal gathering under current Covid restrictions, I expect anyone turning up to this will have the law applied to them.

When have the Gardai ever tackled anything at all like this? You'll have Garda Tom and Paul sitting in a car outside the station chatting about the weather and uttering 'ah now, don't be at it, lads' if anything gets out of hand.

What should happen, is that tomorrow morning we should be waking up to the news that the brother, who declared he wants a Garda dead, was arrested in the early hours.

On Sunday at the Garda station, in time for the "protest", the Public Order Unit and Armed Gardai should be making their presence known and should be prepared to start busting heads and arresting the minute anyone steps an inch out of line.

The entire country is after watching videos the last couple of days of the Gardai losing complete control of a situation that they initially handled perfectly well. We've been watching scumbags pelting Garda cars and vans, congregating mid-level 5, threatening a Garda's life, and nothing has been said or done about it so far at all, except a handful of political characters jumping on the racist bandwagon and effectively calling the Gardai (the Armed Support Unit in particular) incompetent.

The Gardai have been shown all year long to be a waste of resources. Not able to stop a house party, or prevent you from traveling, in the middle of the pandemic. They've been the butt of jokes all year and have fallen out of favour with anyone that had to work during level 5 by creating pointless checkpoints to add to commute times. People have gathered to protest during level 5 restrictions and the Gardai did feck all. Now they're being bullied by children in Blanchardstown.

It's not often you get a chance to try and redeem yourself on a grand scale, but the entire country are looking at them now, and they really need to get the finger out and be seen to be doing something.

• Advertisement

The Gardai have been shown all year long to be a waste of resources. Not able to stop a house party, or prevent you from traveling, in the middle of the pandemic. They've been the butt of jokes all year and have fallen out of favour with anyone that had to work during level 5 by creating pointless checkpoints to add to commute times. People have gathered to protest during level 5 restrictions and the Gardai did feck all. Now they're being bullied by children in Blanchardstown.

I admire the armed response unit and what they did, but I completely agree with your comment. I'm sick of hearing about the gardai not having the powers to disperse groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I just got hit with a three day ban from /r/Ireland over on Reddit, after calling out the decisions of the ridiculously power tripping mods there to intentionally blunt the discussion of the riots in Blanch following the shooting.

Ladies and gentlemen, we've officially come full circle. It's quite hilarious that Reddit was once where people fled to in an attempt to escape the rampant ideological censorship on Boards (early 2010s) and in the latter half of this decade, Boards is now the only Irish forum in which one can have an honest and frank sociopolitical discussion without the mods doing everything they can to shut down one side of the debate and falsely portray the general opinion as overwhelmingly sympathetic to the other side.

I'd hope it's at least obvious from my posts here over the years that I haven't a racist bone in my body, and that I've repeatedly attacked the Gardaí in the past for incidents of genuine brutality or systemic corruption. I'm just an advocate for this state to start taking low-level disorganised violent crime seriously. If the deceased in this case had been a white, befreckled Anto McDwayne my reaction would have been exactly the same - the guy lunged at the Gardaí with a machete, they had no choice.

Very, very concerning that we've reached this point at which our Overton Window is being slammed shut to prevent open discussion of and reporting on incidents like these. America and the UK have had these issues with the thought police and press bias for decades, but I'll admit to having been hopelessly naive in genuinely believing Ireland to be better than that when it comes to a level-headed, unbiased media.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

What should happen, is that tomorrow morning we should be waking up to the news that the brother, who declared he wants a Garda dead, was arrested in the early hours.

Did he though?

"I want that fed...whoever he is that shot George. I want him termina*pauses*, I want his contract terminated. I want him finished. And when we find him *pauses* yeah".

There was a video doing the rounds on Twitter with the "I want that fed" subtitled incorrectly as "I want that man dead". It's been taken down now. It's not a flattering speech by any means, the last sentence in particular sounds very dark. But it's a far cry from declaring he wants the guard dead. I'm not at present convinced this wasn't a justified killing from what I've seen, but I'll wait for the outcome of the investigation. I feel a lot of vitriol is being unduly directed at his brother who must be in a world of hurt at the moment. I know I would be, even if my brother was the biggest scummer out.

Ladies and gentlemen, we've officially come full circle. It's quite hilarious that Reddit was once where people fled to in an attempt to escape the rampant ideological censorship on Boards (early 2010s) and in the latter half of this decade, Boards is now the only Irish forum in which one can have an honest and frank sociopolitical discussion without the mods doing everything they can to shut down one side of the debate and falsely portray the general opinion as overwhelmingly sympathetic to the other side.

I made a post earlier, replying to someone who was talking about the racism thing, and I pretty much said that although there are white Irish scumbags, you rarely (never?) hear of them specifically targeting black people.

My post was deleted. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

RWCNT wrote: »
    Did he though?

"I want that fed...whoever he is that shot George. I want him termina*pauses*, I want his contract terminated. I want him finished. And when we find him *pauses* yeah".

There was a video doing the rounds on Twitter with the "I want that fed" subtitled incorrectly as "I want that man dead". It's been taken down now. It's not a flattering speech by any means, the last sentence in particular sounds very dark. But it's a far cry from declaring he wants the guard dead. I'm not at present convinced this wasn't a justified killing from what I've seen, but I'll wait for the outcome of the investigation. I feel a lot of vitriol is being unduly directed at his brother who must be in a world of hurt at the moment. I know I would be, even if my brother was the biggest scummer out.

Agreed. The brother is young, immature and just lost his older brother. He should be looked after instead of giving speeches he will live to regret.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Did he though?

Are you for real? He clearly says he wants him dead whoever shot him at 15secs.
    https://twitter.com/TomEgan2020/status/1345074460509032450

• Registered Users Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Did he though?

Stop. He is spreading hatred. There are no feds in Ireland.

Go and watch Rodney King's speech following LA 92 riots.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

I just got hit with a three day ban from /r/Ireland over on Reddit, after calling out the decisions of the ridiculously power tripping mods there to intentionally blunt the discussion of the riots in Blanch following the shooting.

I'd hope it's at least obvious from my posts here over the years that I haven't a racist bone in my body, and that I've repeatedly attacked the Gardaí in the past for incidents of genuine brutality or systemic corruption. I'm just an advocate for this state to start taking low-level disorganised violent crime seriously. If the deceased in this case had been a white, befreckled Anto McDwayne my reaction would have been exactly the same - the guy lunged at the Gardaí with a machete, they had no choice.

Very, very concerning that we've reached this point at which our Overton Window is being slammed shut to prevent open discussion of and reporting on incidents like these. America and the UK have had these issues with the thought police and press bias for decades, but I'll admit to having been hopelessly naive in genuinely believing Ireland to be better than that when it comes to a level-headed, unbiased media.

I'm no mod but it has to be a very difficult job dealing with the alr right scum who sign up and try to be smart about their racism. I can see why mods might just blanket ban people and unfortunately I would fall into that crack of being critical but not racist but what can you do when outright looney racists who rejoice in a mans death are doing all the can to use it for their own scummy purposes.

outright looney racists who rejoice in a mans death are doing all the can to use it for their own scummy purposes.

Who are these people? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

quote="iebamm2580;115775316"]Are you for real? He clearly says he wants him dead whoever shot him at 15secs.
    https://twitter.com/TomEgan2020/status/1345074460509032450[/quote]

Ignore the subtitles. The F sylabbal is pretty clear. "Fed", not "Dead".

anewme wrote: »
    Stop. He is spreading hatred. There are no feds in Ireland.

Go and watch Rodney King's speech following LA 92 riots.

I definitely don't agree with what he's doing. I hope someone takes him aside and gets it through to him that he should be at home with his grieving family, not out delivering emotional speeches and screaming "**** Twelve".

quote="iebamm2580;115775316"]Are you for real? He clearly says he wants him dead whoever shot him at 15secs.

Ignore the subtitles. The F sylabbal is pretty clear. "Fed", not "Dead".

I definitely don't agree with what he's doing. I hope someone takes him aside and gets it through to him that he should be at home with his grieving family, not out delivering emotional speeches and screaming "**** Twelve".[/QUOTE]

Hmm yeah tbf it could be, just listened back, when he sys "yummy" when we catch him, pretty obvious what that means though. Still dont get why you wouldn't be at your mothers side at this time rather than on a megaphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

NSAman wrote: »
    She is getting slated in that tweet and rightly so.

So much for the first “lady” of dublin looking after the interests of the law abiding citizens and law enforcement. She has shown where her true interests are...what an idiot .
    I'm falling to see what's wrong with that, are we not allowed to sympathise with a family who've lost a son/brother? I don't judge them for his crimes. Not prioritising the person who was injured isn't exactly an insult, it's a character-limited platform and she acknowledged them later. People are naturally going to prioritise the people affected by a death rather than what was at the time officially described as facial injuries from a punch. Trying to find offence when none exists, ffs.

Unfortunately these days if you don't express your entire opinion carefully in every single online comment you make people will infer more from what you don't say than you do and use it to push their agenda.

TheChizler wrote: »
    I'm falling to see what's wrong with that, are we not allowed to sympathise with a family who've lost a son/brother? I don't judge them for his crimes. Not prioritising the person who was injured isn't exactly an insult, it's a character-limited platform and she acknowledged them later. People are naturally going to prioritise the people affected by a death rather than what was at the time officially described as facial injuries from a punch. Trying to find offence when none exists, ffs.

Look at leos tweet, responsible and measured for all concerning parties.

She should have had the wisdom to say nothing.

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Look at leos tweet, responsible and measured for all concerning parties.

Sure, and do we judge everyone based on Leo's standards now?

• Advertisement

Sure, and do we judge everyone based on Leo's standards now?

Maybe hazel and PBP reps could learn a thing or 2 from him about not stoking tensions of an already volatile situation.

She should have had the wisdom to say nothing.

It was far too early to say anything.

Maybe hazel and PBP reps could learn a thing or 2 from him about not stoking tensions of an already volatile situation.

My entire knowledge of Hazel Chu comes from the hatred expressed at her on these boards and twitter, something tells me the type of person getting riled up by her comments isn't out protesting the last couple of days (GO'D possibly excluded).

My entire knowledge of Hazel Chu comes from the hatred expressed at her on these boards and twitter, something tells me the type of person getting riled up by her comments isn't out protesting the last couple of days (GO'D possibly excluded).

Cant say i know much about her, just think it was stupid tweet, not near as bad as Brid smith or that weasel Paul murphy though.

Cant say i know much about her, just think it was stupid tweet, not near as bad as Brid smith or that weasel Paul murphy though.

It's pretty obvious it would upset a certain type of person TBF, I'll give you that.

It's pretty obvious it would upset a certain type of person TBF, I'll give you that.

Twitter people on both sides are pretty thin skinned tbf.

Are you for real? He clearly says he wants him dead whoever shot him at 15secs.

Yes, I can clearly hear the guy say that he wants him dead and he wants him terminated, contract terminated. Ok, I can see this feller getting arrested soon for wanting a garda 'contract terminated'. Death threats in this country are taken very seriously, especially if a person says it on video that they want a garda member 'contract terminated'.

Yes, I can clearly hear the guy say that he wants him dead and he wants him terminated, contract terminated. Ok, I can see this feller getting arrested soon for wanting a garda 'contract terminated'. Death threats in this country are taken very seriously, especially if a person says it on video that they want a garda member 'contract terminated'.

Being honest like another user pointed out, it is probably fed he says, and its just poor English, he meant his contract terminated id imagine, it makes more sense. Wouldn't make sense to say want him dead and then say have his contract terminated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Strange. r/Ireland is usually almost too woke to function but the user base seem to be overwhelmingly on the side of the Gardai in this case. Are the mods still throwing temper tantrums and shutting the place down at night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

gotta love how Hazel triggers the racists :)

Or they could just have no time for scumbags like George.

He got what he deserved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement