Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

mikemac2 wrote: »
    If anyone was thinking of taking a few months off from Twitter this may be the night to push ya over that ledge

Some amount of muck on it. Beginning with the Lord Mayor of Dublin

Surely the Garda commissioner will have a word in her ear, saying wait for the fcuking investigation is over.

And have respect for the office of Major

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Omackeral wrote: »
    That's true but the serving Lord Mayor would do better than to publically muse on this before any official investigations. It's not a great look. Imagine being the Garda that was forced into taking that shot and you read this? Or even the already forgotten security man with the broken nose whose partner and kids are probably traumatised. It's a bad call in my book.
    They should take all Garda protection away from her for that! She’s a fúcking idiot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

I have seen the videos. He 100% deserved to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Skipduke

Live by the sword, die by the sword. Well done to our fantastic gardai. Tried their best but some situations are beyond reason. Remember, they are normal people out of uniform. They dont deserve to be stabbed in the neck in an attempt to get near this thug.

A few years ago I was in a mate's house and when I was getting a lift home there were Gardai outside a shop and a bunch of people. Stopped to ask someone what happened and an Eastern European girl who seemed in shock said the Gardai didn't need to do what they did. Long story short, guy had a psychotic episode, stripped off and ran down the road. Gardai were called and chased him into a shop where he knocked a couple of things off shelves. Never threatened anyone and tried to run from the Gardai. Anyway they sat on him, threw him in a cell and he died. Turned out he was my mate's old best mate.

Anyway, a witness there (and a couple of others I spoke to over the years) said there was no need for the Gardai to react as they did, he wasn't threatening anyone and didn't attack anyone.

Was that a news story?
    Nah. Black lad who stabs someone and tried to stab Gardai gets shot and of course it's racism.
    Complete and utter ****ing nonsense we've allowed to permeate the entire culture and we'll see the kowtowing to the bull**** over the next few days. Already seeing usual suspects on my FB testing the waters. God****es the lot of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,936 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

It would hurt your brain trying to understand some of the tweets

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

statesaver wrote: »
    Surely the Garda commissioner will have a word in her ear, saying wait for the fcuking investigation is over.

Lol.
    Gway with your common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭alias no.9

No. And she's getting absolutely dragged in the replies, and rightly so.

https://twitter.com/RuthCoppingerSP/status/1344344887894933505

In keeping with the standards set by our lamentable former TD in an otherwise tragic situation

Screenshot-20201230-203819.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,774 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

https://twitter.com/SenLynnRuane/status/1344344721557225473

There are times where you can only be scared for how out of touch with reality some really are.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

Just saw the video on WhatsApp, very satisfying, 5 bullets it took, they need to get bigger guns

Seen the video also. Don't take pleasure in the death of a person, but the Gardaí at scene are fully justified in the action they took.

He was a danger to the public and was out to seriously injure someone and had previously. If he wasn't stopped someone would be dead, either a member of the public or a Garda. He was given ample opportunity to stop and did not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,495 ✭✭✭✭walshb

There are times where you can only be scared for how out of touch with reality some really are.

These are the levels of people we are electing and putting into influential positions.

World is fooking mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

PsychoPete wrote: »
    It would hurt your brain trying to understand some of the tweets

Little taster of the future voters and the direction this country is heading.

They would prefer to see a dead member of ags than a dead criminal.

Those in charge are utterly reprehensible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

TallGlass2 wrote: »
    Seen the video also. Don't take pleasure in the death of a person, but the Gardaí at scene are fully justified in the action they took.

He was a danger to the public and was out to seriously injure someone and had previously. If he wasn't stopped someone would be dead, either a member of the public or a Garda. He was given ample opportunity to stop and did not.

The guards undoubtedly saved several lives, he'd have been out to roam the streets after a short period and would have been in and out of the system. I wonder was he Irish born or from a different country.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭circadian

Thread doesn't fail to deliver with the cranks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

"He charged at the Gardai with a knife but was otherwise very peaceful"

- Ruth Coppinger

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

The only person I feel sorry for here is the Garda that fired them bullets, he/she should in no way feel ashamed. Any right minded person who watched the video knows he was right. Great to see our police force not taking any chances in defending themselves and the public. Thank you to whoever that Guard is. I'd happily buy them a pint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

To be fair, from reading Lynn's overly frequent self pitying columns in the Journal and the IT, it is clear that she believes that it was essentially impossible for anybody to grow up alongside her in West Tallaght in the 90's without occupying their time with stealing cars, heroin, teen pregnancy and frequent imprisonment. And this was all the state's fault.

At least she is an equal opportunities doler out of "poor me" platitudes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

More sarcasm?
    No she doesn't.

Another green party member who likes to pontificate to us plebs who don't know anything about climate change or direct provision bla bla.

Oh. Alright then. I stand corrected :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭PearseCork92

Some of the stuff on Twitter about this is crazytown. People completely hung up on the fact he was black, as if the officer when a knife was coming towards him thought "a here, shur here's a good a chance as any to shoot a black lad."

The man's life was in genuine danger and was a split second from being killed himself. And it's captured on video

Some people need to pour themselves a large mug of cop-on. Trying to stoke a George Floyd situation.

• Advertisement

To be fair, from reading Lynn's overly frequent self pitying columns in the Journal and the IT, it is clear that she believes that it was essentially impossible for anybody to grow up alongside her in West Tallaght in the 90's without occupying their time with stealing cars, heroin, teen pregnancy and frequent imprisonment. And this was all the state's fault.

At least she is an equal opportunities doler out of "poor me" platitudes.

That pretty much sums her and her likes up in a nutshell..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭KaneToad

theguzman wrote: »
    The guards undoubtedly saved several lives, he'd have been out to roam the streets after a short period and would have been in and out of the system. I wonder was he Irish born or from a different country.

I don't give two Fu(ks where he was born or from. I do care that he had, allegedly, just robbed & shop at knife point, badly assaulted a shop employee, attempted to attack guards with a knife.

Does this deserve being shot dead. Definitely not. Is there a risk of being shot dead when engaging in this behaviour. Most definitely.

This entire episode has had the worst outcome possible for all involved. Nobody at that scene wanted that man dead - except, possibly the man himself...

"He charged at the Gardai with a knife but was otherwise very peaceful"

- Ruth Coppinger

:pac:

I'm sorry but if you charge the gards with a knife you deserve what you get whatever your skin colour is. I could somewhat see a case if it was a woman or a child but not an adult male. There is no case.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Lundstram wrote: »
    The only person I feel sorry for here is the Garda that fired them bullets, he/she should in no way feel ashamed. Any right minded person who watched the video knows he was right. Great to see our police force not taking any chances in defending themselves and the public. Thank you to whoever that Guard is. I'd happily buy them a pint.

And the worker in Eurospar who had their nose smashed in for simply doing their job.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

All is forgiven when one becomes a martyr for the cause regardless of how impetuous that may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Am just catching up on this news.

He went at the cops with a machete / blade of some type. Play stupid games, ya win stupid prizes. Tough titty, I hope the guards are OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

Lundstram wrote: »
    The only person I feel sorry for here is the Garda that fired them bullets, he/she should in no way feel ashamed. Any right minded person who watched the video knows he was right. Great to see our police force not taking any chances in defending themselves and public. Thank you to whoever that Guard is. I'd happily buy them a pint.

Strong possibility that Garda will now be desk bound for the rest of their career, either by management or PTSD.

Gardaí are humans also, the Gardaí at scene witnessed a guy try to kill them and then be killed, and then possibility tasked with breaking the news to the same family along with then having to take abuse at scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Twitter is going bananas :pac:

Full of chung wan's screaming racism. Apparently he was only shot because he was black. Absolutely nothing to do with the reasons why the AGS were called in the first place or what was occurring on site.

They also appear to be blaming "mental health" issues as a reason to explain his actions. They are just being one dimensionally reactionary without full comprehension of the situation. Events leading up to the shooting and the guys actions are secondary to the perceived "racial killing".

Ultimately, it is unfortunate that he died and I'm sure nobody wanted that. It appears that AGS followed a graduated response but he wouldn't listen.

You cant even argue that this was not a racially motivated killing....it's so so far from what is being portrayed in the Twittersphere.

The only people bringing colour into this are troublemakers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Shelga

Where is everyone seeing all these videos from the scene? The only one I can find shows him on a stretcher.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement