Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

And I wonder how that work employee of Euro-spar is doing, It seems that he got a broken nose and slashed on the face, how is he and his family? Don't hear a thing about how he is doing from being attacked for nothing. In the Irish justice system you mostly hear how bad the criminal had a hard life, but you never much hear about what the victim has to go through. I hope the Euro-spar employee will recover from this.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Can they not be arrested/charged with Loitering and public disorder and also attacking garda vehicles and tormenting work staff? I thought that was a punishable offence within Irish law. The gardai it seems are afraid to do anything.

To be fair to Garda they where just trying to squash this and not elevate things.

I know, I know, these are thugs. They terrorised people in eurospar hartstown and outside topaz. That's not right. If it was on any other day or time a few cells would be occupied in blanch Garda station.

They just didn't want to encourage other pro George lunatics from starting stuff. So they did their whole "move along... Keep the peace" spiel to those outside Topaz. I'm not saying that's right but that's their play.

As far as I am aware as a person living in Blanchardstown nothing happened today. Let all those fools stand outside Blanch Garda station with their signs and recording stuff on their phone. As each minute, hour and day pass there will be less of them to the point there will be no one there.

That's the Garda's play. Now of course, should something kick off tomorrow or next week then there is no excuse for them to sit back.

If it was on any other day or time a few cells would be occupied in blanch Garda station.

Do you reckon? We often hear of the Gardai dealing with moving groups along, and rarely ever hear of arrests being made.

(I'm not talking specifically about black people, either. Just in general).

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Lougarden

To be fair to Garda they where just trying to squash this and not elevate things.

I know, I know, these are thugs. They terrorised people in eurospar hartstown and outside topaz. That's not right. If it was on any other day or time a few cells would be occupied in blanch Garda station.

They just didn't want to encourage other pro George lunatics from starting stuff. So they did their whole "move along... Keep the peace" spiel to those outside Topaz. I'm not saying that's right but that's their play.

As far as I am aware as a person living in Blanchardstown nothing happened today. Let all those fools stand outside Blanch Garda station with their signs and recording stuff on their phone. As each minute, hour and day pass there will be less of them to the point there will be no one there.

That's the Garda's play. Now of course, should something kick off tomorrow or next week then there is no excuse for them to sit back.

Guards aren't 'sitting back' when being peaceful whilst people spit on their cars, on them & when they know it's a mob mentality looking for trouble..and no people shouldn't be wasting their time and causing bother outside the station. Waste of resources by a stupid group and nothing should kick off - Not Their Play , as you say

Lougarden wrote: »
    Guards aren't 'sitting back' when being peaceful whilst people spit on their cars, on them & when they know it's a mob mentality looking for trouble..and no people shouldn't be wasting their time and causing bother outside the station. Waste of resources by a stupid group and nothing should kick off - Not Their Play , as you say

Sorry but what exactly are you saying?
    You said alot without saying anything.

• Advertisement

Sorry but what exactly are you saying?
    You said alot without saying anything.

Well I quoted your own dribble?

Well if I have to quote your own shoite..?

What's your point. Say it in plain English. Then let's see.

*Edit*
    Quoted you before your edit I see.

What's your point. Say it in plain English. Then let's see.

*Edit*
    Quoted you before your edit I see.

It's fine, I was trying to be a little bit more polite to your nonsense. You caught nothing and you shall have a response

It's fine, I was trying to be a little bit more polite to your nonsense. You caught nothing and you shall have a response

So... Your reply was all shi*e then?

Please enlighten me to what they should have done so. Remember.... Think bigger picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,087 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

anewme wrote: »
    Stop. He is spreading hatred. There are no feds in Ireland.
    "Feds" is now international English slang for police.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Money for what? Ffs he was a criminal, have a look at the guys face he assaulted

There’s photos going around that are of a Everton fan that had his face & back sliced by millwall fans in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

TheChizler wrote: »
    I'm falling to see what's wrong with that, are we not allowed to sympathise with a family who've lost a son/brother? I don't judge them for his crimes. Not prioritising the person who was injured isn't exactly an insult, it's a character-limited platform and she acknowledged them later. People are naturally going to prioritise the people affected by a death rather than what was at the time officially described as facial injuries from a punch. Trying to find offence when none exists, ffs.

Unfortunately these days if you don't express your entire opinion carefully in every single online comment you make people will infer more from what you don't say than you do and use it to push their agenda.

Hazel Chu is Lord Mayor.

She was retweeting threads which explicitly try to make this out to be a racially motivated killing by AGS. Only when she was pushed did she post about the garda or the shop worker.

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Being honest like another user pointed out, it is probably fed he says, and its just poor English, he meant his contract terminated id imagine, it makes more sense. Wouldn't make sense to say want him dead and then say have his contract terminated.

"I want them dead, whoever he was that shot him, I want him terminat, his contract terminated"

Later he says "when we find him ..... yeah"

Thats a clear as day threat to the life of a Garda. So either a flight back to Nigeria or a Trip to Mountjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

And I wonder how that work employee of Euro-spar is doing, It seems that he got a broken nose and slashed on the face

No, it doesn’t seem like he got slashed on the face.

TheChizler wrote: »
    It's pretty obvious it would upset a certain type of person TBF, I'll give you that.

Can you expand on that?

I don't want to read you wrong but it seems as if you are insinuating that only racists would be upset that the mayor would stoke the fires of what was an incendiary situation concerning unproven allegations of racism within the police force.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I dont get this at all. Its plain to see what happened. Thankfully there was somebody there to take the video otherwise all sorts of disinformation would been circulated.

The politicians jumping on it have exposed themselves as divisive fools. Trying to bring American style ethnic culture wars to our country. Horrible opportunists. The people out causing carnage out in Blanchardstown are the same, opportunists.

Big up to our front line workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭grassylawn

It seems like there are groups of black young people in parts of Dublin who are pretty lawless and violent.

I'm not aware of the same phenomenon in other parts of Ireland. So I wonder if there are local factors that led to the development of this. It seems like they generally grew up in Ireland too.

I'm pretty sceptical of the story that they experienced such high levels of racism growing up that they had to gang together for protection. That sounds like BS race card stuff. (No doubt they encounter some racism, just like their counterparts in other parts of the country who just got on with life.)

I suspect it is something more like the opposite. Grew up learning they could get away with anything.

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    "I want them dead, whoever he was that shot him, I want him terminat, his contract terminated"

Thats a clear as day threat to the life of a Garda. So either a flight back to Nigeria or a Trip to Mountjoy.

Whether you think the second word sounds like "dead" or "fed", the word preceding it is clearly not "them". It sounds to me like "that".

Saying "I want that dead" would make no sense, even disregarding the rest of the sentence, so IMO "that fed" is what he actually said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

We cannot have a society were people are treated differently, you want equality? If you or I stood up with a loud speaker and called for the murder of a Gaurd wed be hauled out of our homes and charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Has anybody explored the idea that this is a case of suicide by cop?

Seems a possibility to me when you don’t comply with armed Gardai orders to drop a deadly weapon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

Has anybody explored the idea that this is a case of suicide by cop?

Seems a possibility to me when you don’t comply with armed Gardai orders to drop a deadly weapon.

Suicide by cop would make poor old George accountable for his actions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

VinLieger wrote: »
    His brother just looks like hes enjoying the attention,fame and getting to play a **** gangster, not a sign of grief off the knacker and its only 2 days since he saw his brother die in front of him

Exactly, he’s spreading hate and lies. Why’s he chanting “Fcuk the 12”?? He claimed there were 35 Gardai, not 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Suicide by cop would make poor old George accountable for his actions

I think George has accounted for his actions already. A verdict of suicide by cop would make his supporters account for their actions, or just drive on their deluded ideology.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,767 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Exactly, he’s spreading hate and lies. Why’s he chanting “Fcuk the 12”?? He claimed there were 35 Gardai, not 12.

in US, Police are called 12 as a slang term. According to some web sources, 12 comes from the police radio code “10-12,” which means that visitors are present in the area where police are going. ... It's used in the streets in America to give a quick heads up to friends and or civilians that police have arrived or they are on their way.

Nalz wrote: »
    in US, Police are called 12 as a slang term. According to some web sources, 12 comes from the police radio code “10-12,” which means that visitors are present in the area where police are going. ... It's used in the streets in America to give a quick heads up to friends and or civilians that police have arrived or they are on their way.

Anytime I’ve been in the states (west coast) the cops are called 5-O. I’ve never heard them called 12.

Edit: Looked it up and you’re correct. Never heard of it before

Lumen wrote: »
    Whether you think the second word sounds like "dead" or "fed", the word preceding it is clearly not "them". It sounds to me like "that".

Saying "I want that dead" would make no sense, even disregarding the rest of the sentence, so IMO "that fed" is what he actually said.

"I want them dead, whoever he was that shot him"
    "I want him finished"

"Just know, Garda, when we find him .... yeah"

Sorry but its crystal clear threat to the life of a member of AGS.

https://twitter.com/RealHuemanBean/status/1345114118676770816?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Nalz wrote: »

Jesus Christ. Between this and everything else will they ever fcuk off to the USA. Be easier than trying to impose American culture on us here.

grassylawn wrote: »
    I'm pretty sceptical of the story that they experienced such high levels of racism growing up that they had to gang together for protection. That sounds like BS race card stuff.

Why are you skeptical? Bullying is a thing. Racism is a thing. Both focus on people who are different.
    grassylawn wrote: »
    No doubt they encounter some racism, just like their counterparts in other parts of the country who just got on with life.

Get on with life as opposed to what? Drawing attention to it? People subjected to racism should just suck it up?

Sorry but its crystal clear threat to the life of a member of AGS.

It would be, if that's what was actually said, but it wasn't.

• Advertisement

Lumen wrote: »
    Get on with life as opposed to what? Drawing attention to it? People subjected to racism should just suck it up?

Well they shouldn’t go all Hutu on it. That’s a fast track to a bullet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement