Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭grassylawn

Lumen wrote: »
    Why are you skeptical? Bullying is a thing. Racism is a thing. Both focus on people who are different.

Get on with life as opposed to what? Drawing attention to it? People subjected to racism should just suck it up?
    I am sceptical because the aggregate of my experience and observations of racism and claims of racism in Ireland makes this seem much more likely.

Confronting racism is good. However they are not confronting racism. They are using claims of racism to justify violence and forming gangs, and to demonize people who criticize them.

It's not even confronting racism with violence. It's just using it as an excuse for unrelated violence. I had a friend in school who was black and he beat up a guy for writing a racist slogan. Fair ****s to him was the consensus. He didn't beat up ten random people and then say it was because of the other guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

It would be, if that's what was actually said, but it wasn't.

Its exactly what was said. Cop onto yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    "I want them dead, whoever he was that shot him"
    "I want him finished"

"Just know, Garda, when we find him .... yeah"

Sorry but its crystal clear threat to the life of a member of AGS.

https://twitter.com/RealHuemanBean/status/1345114118676770816?s=19

Well if this brother is anything to by.....I’d feel the same way say if one of the gang members of drug cartels in Dublin got shot and killed - not too bothered....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

Has the brother confirmed yet if he was the one inside recording the Garda shooting his brother????

• Registered Users Posts: 31,087 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Well they shouldn’t go all Hutu on it. That’s a fast track to a bullet.

Which "they" "went all Hutu"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

A post on facebook by a very well educated fella in his late 30s

......shot an unarmed black man. A knife doesn't count against a gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Amazing how no political party have not come out in support of the gardai. The government should be supporting the actions of our law enforcers especially when you see the kind of scumbag they had to deal with.
    Really see bad times ahead unless the politicians and local representatives don't start to condemn and authorize actions against these hate spreading wannabe boyz in the hood types. Be interesting to see how far these so called marches are let go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Which "they" "went all Hutu"?

You aren’t worth a detailed response. You’re extremely transparent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

He definitely says fed. All young people seem to use that word now. It’s cringey to me

Do we have proof that the shop worker was slashed. I think this is fake news.

Do we have proof he had 35 previous convictions? I suspect this is lies too. Is there a way to find out?

Just goes to show how all sides are being manipulated with lies.

The brother has definitely shown himself up to be a liar too. Butter knife my bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Amazing how no political party have not come out in support of the gardai. The government should be supporting the actions of our law enforcers especially when you see the kind of scumbag they had to deal with.
    Really see bad times ahead unless the politicians and local representatives don't start to condemn and authorize actions against these hate spreading wannabe boyz in the hood types. Be interesting to see how far these so called marches are let go.

A politician with an ounce of cop on knows to say nothing when investigations are ongoing.

Twitter has plenty of examples of politicians who haven’t an ounce of cop on relying to this matter.

• Advertisement

Really see bad times ahead unless the politicians and local reprentatives don't start to condemn and authorize actions against these hate spreading wannabe boyz in the hood types. Be interesting to see how far these so called marches are let go.

Govt need to let GSOC do its thing.

Ruth Coppinger came out and made some bizarre statement "about a man with a knife but otherwise unarmed"

Some people shouldn't be allowed on twitter.

You aren’t worth a detailed response. You’re extremely transparent.
    OK, I'll take your lack of defence as an acknowledgement that your words are indefensible.

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    He definitely says fed. All young people seem to use that word now. It’s cringey to me

In the video I posted it clear. "I want them dead"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Why are you skeptical? Bullying is a thing. Racism is a thing. Both focus on people who are different.

Get on with life as opposed to what? Drawing attention to it? People subjected to racism should just suck it up?

For the last few years, we've had the narrative that ireland is a racist country, some of these race baiters are even given platforms on our national TV stations and newspapers, of course racism and the likes is used here but not on every street corner in every village up and down the country, my partner is mixed race and we're a married gay couple living in small country town, we've have many foreign families here, all integrate no bother.
    What I see in the last few days is a certain group of people really want to push this as them against us, the black community around that area are not doing themselves any favours and it leaves a bad taste in the mouths of hard working tax paying ordinary citizens up and down the country, George's sister asked for the clips not to be shown but yet won't stop her bother whipping up things, it's a mad world but for sure ireland isn't racist as a whole but the Africans are really trying to push this narrative and this will only piss off the ordinary Joe soap,
    I voted sinn fein last election but am gonna stay well clear from them after seen that they want to bring back birth right citizenship, if that's racist well call me that so .... at some stage we have to say no.

A post on facebook by a very well educated fella in his late 30s

......shot an unarmed black man. A knife doesn't count against a gun.

People with that opinion should be sent out to deal with volatile criminals with weapons and see how they get on.

I can see the argument if you think police should never use lethal force. I don’t agree but I see the argument.

I’m not seeing the racial angle though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Govt need to let GSOC do its thing.

Ruth Coppinger came out and made some bizarre statement "about a man with a knife but otherwise unarmed"

Some people shouldn't be allowed on twitter.

That was a legendary comment in fairness. She obviously never saw Tropic Thunder - never go full retard.

In the video I posted it clear. "I want them dead"

It’s not. He definitely says fed.
    I’m with the gardai on this one. The shooting was justified.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

She didnt actually say that did she? Chrisssssst.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

A politician with an ounce of cop on knows to say nothing when investigations are ongoing.

Twitter has plenty of examples of politicians who haven’t an ounce of cop on relying to this matter.

A scumbag who attacked and injured an innocent citizen with a machete. Convictions as long as you're arm and his brother publicly wanting a gardai dead.
    Exactly my point, the saying nothing shows us how soft a government we have . And the real reason is if someone was to speak out they would be shown the door from the party for the sake of multiculturalism.

Time for a real leader to step forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Jesus Christ. Between this and everything else will they ever fcuk off to the USA. Be easier than trying to impose American culture on us here.

They should be deported, to Detroit.
    Or some craphole in the Deep South.

Bet they'd love it there.

• Advertisement

A scumbag who attacked and injured an innocent citizen with a machete. Convictions as long as you're arm and his brother publicly wanting a gardai dead.
    Exactly my point, the saying nothing shows us how soft a government we have . And the real reason is if someone was to speak out they would be shown the door from the party for the sake of multiculturalism.

Most of the stuff you claim there hasn’t been verified.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Great surge. Hope it’s upped further.

ED E wrote: »
    She didnt actually say that did she? Chrisssssst.

"Why in this case"

Eh because if he didn't fire his weapon he would be dead now probably.

https://twitter.com/RuthCoppingerSP/status/1344344887894933505?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

grassylawn wrote: »
    It seems like there are groups of black young people in parts of Dublin who are pretty lawless and violent.

Evidence? Or is this just "something you heard from a taxi driver one time."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

"I want them dead, whoever he was that shot him, I want him terminat, his contract terminated"

Later he says "when we find him ..... yeah"

Thats a clear as day threat to the life of a Garda. So either a flight back to Nigeria or a Trip to Mountjoy.
    Whether you think the second word sounds like "dead" or "fed", the word preceding it is clearly not "them". It sounds to me like "that".

Saying "I want that dead" would make no sense, even disregarding the rest of the sentence, so IMO "that fed" is what he actually said.

I think you are both wrong and both right.

First of all the boy should not be out in public with a megaphone at such a time. And even though 20 is an adult for sure, I know my lads were still quite young at 20. It is not like in older times. 20 feels younger now somehow. I had 3 kids by 27, a lot of people are still doing duck pout poses on Instagram at that age these days.

He says ''I want that Fed''. 100% It is inflammatory to suggest he said anything else.
    He also completed the word ''terminated'', unlike some who say he half said the word, but immediately rebounded with ''contract terminated''. I am going to presume that contract terminated is what he intended as the correction was so fast it is logical to presume that.
    He also says ''I want him finished'' which comes straight after contract terminated so I presume that is related to his employment.
    He then says ''Just know, (here is a word I don't catch - garda? gather? ) that when we find him , yeah''...at that point there is a big cheering and yelling and he is nodding vigorously. It is this last piece of the speech that I think is hardest to explain as simply wishing for the garda to be fired in response to his brother's death. When we find him is a way of saying a person is to be hunted.

Yes, he is shocked and grieving and will say terrible things as a result. He must be running on adrenaline. But some leader in his community has to ground him, take him home and keep him there with his family, as I would say that type of speaking at least begins to qualify as incitement. If one is being honest.

For the last few years, we've had the narrative that ireland is a racist country...of course racism and the likes is used here
    It's great that you haven't experienced frequent and pernicious racism where you live, but that doesn't discount the possibly that other people living in other places have done.

Also, you are both acknowledging that racism is used here, and at the same time saying that's it's not a racist country, but the accounts of racism I've read from Irish born black people haven't included the statement that "this is a racist country", they've just been relating their own personal experiences, which you seem to acknowledge are possible.

So I don't think there's really that much of a gap here.

Racism exists everywhere, including here, and we should not tolerate it. Do you disagree?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

If anyone from the government said anything even slightly biased (to one side or the other) it could be seen as prejudicial. Surely you can see that?

For what it’s worth I feel the gardai were 100% correct in their actions.

This silence from the government is easily explainable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

A scumbag who attacked and injured an innocent citizen with a machete. Convictions as long as you're arm

Evidence? Or is this just something you read on FB?

Whatever about the rights and wrongs of the thing, the guy had mental health issues (which would explain his bizarre behaviour).

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/george-nkencho-shooting-inquiry-will-look-at-graduated-use-of-force-1.4448355

Gruffalux wrote: »

He says ''I want that Fed''. 100% It is inflammatory to suggest he said anything else.

Well when I listened to it I'm hearing

"I want them dead, whoever he was that shot him"

I'm sorry if I offend you or if you think it's inflammatory, but thats the exact wording I am hearing when I listened to it several times. I dont watch it when I'm listening to avoid allowing words on the screen into my head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,167 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Nalz wrote: »
    in US, Police are called 12 as a slang term. According to some web sources, 12 comes from the police radio code “10-12,” which means that visitors are present in the area where police are going. ... It's used in the streets in America to give a quick heads up to friends and or civilians that police have arrived or they are on their way.

Its sad they dont see how pathetic they are that they default to copying US or UK ghetto culture and slang.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement