Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Grayditch wrote: »
    I think they were careless and hasty, why else would she have deleted them if they were so thought out? I don't think that makes her devious, but whatever.

To deny that it ever happened and preventing it coming up in searches rather than apologising for it any moving on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

ED E wrote: »
    Foreword: Im mocking Coppinfart here, not what happened. Because clearly rational thought left the nation sometime around 1960.

IxCeICGl.jpg

Reporting like that is not just bad, it's dangerously incompetent. Comparisons to gangland members, if a member of the Kinahan gang held up a shop and attacked a garda, with a machete, would she have the same reaction?

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Twitter would do well to remove the delete button.

Might make people think twice before they post ****e and make them accountable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Maybe the guy did have mental health issues but so did the lunatic that almost decapitated seven year old Emily Jones so he 100% needed to be taken down one way or another before he seriously harmed someone. Also the narrative floating around social media that his mental health issues were as a result of years of racism and discrimination feels like a crock to me, loads of immigrants of all colours doing very well for themselves here in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,343 ✭✭✭✭walshb

GarIT wrote: »
    To deny that it ever happened and preventing it coming up in searches rather than apologising for it any moving on.

Exactly.

Pure devious..

Got them out there, got maximum coverage and did the damage she intended..

Then skulked away deleting them..

Nothing to do with remorse, feeling sorry, feeling wrong...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The etymology is actually British, colloquially “butty” (companion) in the coal mines.

Try again buddy.
    Lumen wrote: »
    Since you asked so nicely.

Mod:

Take it off this thread folks, I don't care where but stop derailing.

Thanks

Jesus. They’ll be campaigning for “justice” until then 😫

I don't think any report that the Gardaí did the right thing is going to appease the mob. If anything they will call it institutional racism or something and say the report would have found it was wrong if the investigators weren't racist.

In fact the report might make concessions on better training or something like that even if it's not needed just to appease the mob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Not exactly, some TDS have stepped up and made donations to the shop worker, others have stated to a certain extend that they support Garda and the difficult choices they sometimes have to make but most and rightly so have not and should not say anything until the investigation is finished.

It’s also difficult to support one side without being lumped in with actual racists and people that actually sit on the far right

And that's a major problem for discourse in this country, up to and including the highest places for democratic discourse here, our parliament.
    Why is this?
    I think the answer is obviously the capture of politics and civil organisations and NGOs of an ideological theory that drives the narrative of 'no debate', no'peace', no justice'.
    The ones the media promote as being 'the good guys' are very, very far from it.

We could get so much done and improved in regards to racism (all racism) without an ideology that demands allegiance, demands patronising victimhood for nicely labelled boxes of humans and immediately brands any deviation from their method as racist or 'far right'

It's not just Hazel Chu, Lynne Ruane, Brid Smith, Ruth Coppinger, Paul Murphy - it's the entirety of our so-called left parties and even parts of FG and FF.
    Never underestimate the influence of those so called left parties in our education system and NGOS and civil organisations - this is how post-modernist inspired lunacy took over the US, via educational institutions.
    This is the result -> Division not diversity, exclusion not inclusion and equity of outcome not equality of opportunity.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

carq wrote: »
    Twitter would do well to remove the delete button.

Might make people think twice before they post ****e and make them accountable.

Be better if Twitter was deleted permanently tbh, horrible platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

This nonsense will hopefully peter out when these idiots get tired and are starved of attention. GSOC will conclude it's investigation and there'll be an inquest in the coroner's court both sometime before the end of the year. By that time most people will have forgotten it ever happened. It will be doubtless an open and shut case of a justifiable use of force.

Until the next time. This is not just going to go away.
    We have shown how soft and tolerant we are as a country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

walshb wrote: »
    Nothing got away.

I am not her. Only she can say why she deleted them..

Not sure why you looking to know, or why it is relevant here..

I'm curious seeing as you were confident she put up her post out of deviousness and maliciousness , I asked you why she took it down if that was the case and you're going on like I asked you for the next lotto numbers. Grand so, we'll leave it there.

I'm curious seeing as you were confident she put up her post out of deviousness and maliciousness , I asked you why she took it down if that was the case and you're going on like I asked you for the next lotto numbers. Grand so, we'll leave it there.

Yes. Leave it there.

She was bang out of order, and only she truly knows why..

Me? I have my view on why..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Necro wrote: »
    Be better if Twitter was deleted permanently tbh, horrible platform.

They certainly follow their own agendas on issues like this. No objectivity, never mind accountability.

Glazers Out!

Me? I have my view on why..

Yeah... that's what I was asking. Grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Dayo93

Maybe the guy did have mental health issues but so did the lunatic that almost decapitated seven year old Emily Jones so he 100% needed to be taken down one way or another before he seriously harmed someone. Also the narrative floating around social media that his mental health issues were as a result of years of racism and discrimination feels like a crock to me, loads of immigrants of all colours doing very well for themselves here in Ireland.

You only have to read the hotpress interview to see the blame is all clearly on the white community, One example, he never made it in football because he was discriminated against, Just maybe he wasn't good enough but no it was because of racism

Yeah... that's what I was asking. Grand.

Eh, I told you why I think she put the tweets up..

It's a common tactic to say what you want to say and then delete it when the need for it has passed and deny any responsibility and saying it has been dealt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

fisgon wrote: »
    Evidence? Or is this just something you read on FB?

Whatever about the rights and wrongs of the thing, the guy had mental health issues (which would explain his bizarre behaviour).

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/george-nkencho-shooting-inquiry-will-look-at-graduated-use-of-force-1.4448355

Not on Facebook. Able to use common sense and make my own mind up.
    Are you a psychiatrist when you're able to explain his behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Dayo93 wrote: »
    You only have to read the hotpress interview to see the blame is all clearly on the white community, One example, he never made it in football because he was discriminated against, Just maybe he wasn't good enough but no it was because of racism

Well thats ridiculous if it was said, I'm involved in our local football club and believe me if we had a player who was good enough his ethnicity would be 100% irrelevant.

I wonder if they have ever watched football? Looking for a white player is like a game of Where's Wally but yeah racism stopped him from going pro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Glazers Out!

Eh, I told you why I think she put the tweets up..

Nah, why you think she took it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

This will always be the tale in our multicultural world, one that constantly implies that non natives have no control over their actions, that all negatives in their lives are the fault of natives. With regards to this stuff, the truth doesn't matter, the narrative is created before they've even arrived on our shores.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

Well thats ridiculous if it was said, I'm involved in our local football club and believe me if we had a player who was good enough his ethnicity would be 100% irrelevant.

Not sure if that was said but there have been influencers saying if he wasn't oppressed by white Irish people he wouldn't have needed to lash out at them or rob.

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    If this person said that then is that not a racist comment in itself? Can I for example say Nigeria is a racist county?

Africans claim they cannot be racist as they were the oppressed. This a fact. Every African country has ran European settlers out, south africa being the final enclave that if you have been watching the news there lately won't be for long as economic policies and radical organisations are calling for bloodshed.

Why is this relevant? Well we have welcomed in African settlers,knowing full well the refugee status was bogus as that time there was no direct flight from Nigeria so ireland wasn't the first safe port from fleeing conflict. Now from an incident where a man was swinging a machete at a garda and got shot it is made into a race thing, rather than the Nigerian community saying yes it was terrible how can we work together to identify this and make it better. We can see from this incident the Nigerian community see themselves as a separate entity from us irish, the fact the whole community came out and protested and created intimidation and violence should be a very clear wake up call, it will always be them against us. If this happened in any of our communities people would not have reacted this way. BLM here wanted their stage and used this, but hopefully this has backfired as they are completely wrong.
    Whats worrying to me is you had groups in waterford and Galway protesting, what has this incident got to do with them, how does this affect their lives.
    When the whole BLM movement was going on earlier in the year, I know personally of one sob story that made the newspapers, the journalist did not do a thorough investigation and took everything said as fact but it wasn't and it was full of lies and dramatisation but all the irish commenting were so remorseful and apologetic, it was pathetic and that was the one case I knew very personally.

We are headed for a slippery slope if the guards become fearful of a certain community, its like this in africa, the community goes mental and burns and loots. I was waiting for that spar to be set alight, you know the same videos where nigerians were shouting racist abuse at irish people trapped in the shop.

This isn't america where there was slavery and legacy social and equality issues. This community has been given the same opportunities as irish people, they have been given houses, social welfare, job opportunities etc.. there is a labour shortage in tradesmen so this waffle they are discriminated in the workplace is lies, maybe its their work ethics and entitlement, irish workers work damn hard.

The politicians who tweeted blm and all that nonsense should be ashamed, its these leftist organisations that are going to create a hard right in Ireland, imagine you were those people set upon outside circle k or were trapped inside spar all because you were white in Ireland, imagine the guy who very nearly got pulled out of his van, this is where prejudice takes hold cos I am sure the community in blanchardstown are very untruthful and suspicious of the black community over this. Honest conversations need to be had without the left labeling racist at every opportunity, its the same with the travellers it is never sorted because an honest conversation cannot be had, rather than leaders from all sides sitting down and being honest about wrong doings on each side both socially and criminally and coming up with a workable plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Irish times:

“Nigerian government office calls shooting ‘wicked’; Irish Nigerians ‘extremely angry’”
    To be honest, and just from my own experiences, the majority seem to be always like this anyway. And for the life of me, I fail to understand why ..... based on what they receive when they are approved for asylum or leave to remain in Ireland. There are tens of thousands of Nigerians in Ireland; and I'm sure that some are not always angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭StefanFal

That cop should be charged with murder.

Mod: Week off the forum for breach of your threadban

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Dayo93

"The fact that Nkencho couldn't reach his dream of becoming a football player, Ibanu says, was at least in part because people of colour often have to work 'ten times harder' than native Irish players. Sometimes, he says, they exhaust themselves proving their worth to coaches and employers."

https://www.hotpress.com/culture/george-nkencho-a-friend-of-man-shot-by-gardai-in-dublin-talks-exclusively-to-hot-press-22837684

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Until the next time. This is not just going to go away.
    We have shown how soft and tolerant we are as a country.

I don't agree. I think the authorities are handling this in the correct way. GSOC will investigate and I expect the shooting will be justified ( obviously I'm not an expert just my opinion) in the mean time no point inflaming the situation further.
    The Guards have dealt with a lot bigger problems over the years.
    I don't like the handful of bandwagon jumping politicians trying to make more of this than needed now, but at the same time it not some sort of doomsday situation like some here are trying to pretend.
    A young man is dead, that is still a tragedy. He was trying to cause harm no doubt but our policing system is designed to prevent death if at all possible.
    I take no pleasure in this man's death.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

The only "evidence" we have of this mental illness are claims by his brother and sister, who aren't qualified either
    Garda sources have confirmed Mr Nkencho was known to suffer from mental illness and that officers have been called to the house several times to deal with “mental health and domestic issues”.
    Seems a lot of peoples trust in the Guards doesn't extend beyond what they personally approve of

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement