Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Thankfully the trends on twitter are all about soccer and covid and not a protest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

What is ACAB I've seen it mentioned a few times now.

How do we know if that's legit?

Long story short, you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

GarIT wrote: »

All Cops Are Bastards

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

All cops are b*****ds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

joe40 wrote: »
    I don't agree. I think the authorities are handling this in the correct way. GSOC will investigate and I expect the shooting will be justified ( obviously I'm not an expert just my opinion) in the mean time no point inflaming the situation further.
    The Guards have dealt with a lot bigger problems over the years.
    I don't like the handful of bandwagon jumping politicians trying to make more of this than needed now, but at the same time it not some sort of doomsday situation like some here are trying to pretend.
    A young man is dead, that is still a tragedy. He was trying to cause harm no doubt but our policing system is designed to prevent death if at all possible.
    I take no pleasure in this man's death.
    I'm glad you think that the proper authorities will handle this the right way and all will be sorted.
    I feel more sorry for the officers who have to now justify their actions when they were only doing what we all hope that they will do in dealing with armed criminals.
    On the authorities handling it the correct way, only time will tell. But I always think the old line of " better to let it go for the sake of multiculturalism " . As I said only time will tell, but how much time before it's to late as alot of other countries have found out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Well if this brother is anything to by.....I’d feel the same way say if one of the gang members of drug cartels in Dublin got shot and killed - not too bothered....

This is exactly what I've been saying, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with race. I've as much sympathy for George Nkencho as I do for Keane Mulready-Woods or Robbie Lawlor, to take two recent examples. In all three cases, a total scumbag who lived by the sword died by the sword, and Ireland is that little bit safer because of it.

Of course, it should never have come to this. If we had a properly functioning justice system, all three of those c*nts would have been rotting in prison at the time of deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

I think you do know. Would you care to point on the context when it is being used and by whom in relation to this incident?

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Effects wrote: »
    It’s not really closer to a sword. You’re just trying to sensationalise it.

OK let's look at that ....

The difference between Knife and Machete
    ...knife means a utensil or a tool designed for cutting, consisting of a flat piece of hard material, usually steel or other metal (the blade), usually sharpened on one edge, attached to a handle. the blade may be pointed for piercing

whereas machete means a sword-like tool used for cutting large plants with a chopping motion, or as a weapon. the blade is usually 50 to 65 centimeters long, and up to three millimeters thick.

Some photos

The middle one is a machete.

https://www.southwarknews.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Knives-sword-machete-knife.jpg

Varieties of machete. Average size between 1 - 2 foot in length.

https://www.asgmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/machete-styles-1.jpg

One does not go down to the local shop carrying a machete for the craic..

Anyone carrying one of these in public is a threat to others.

I think you do know. Would you care to point on the context when it is being used and by whom in relation to this incident?

I didn't. And the post above mine said it, and it was said a few pages before, usually when referring to people so it makes sense now.

• Advertisement

gozunda wrote: »
    OK let's look at that ....

The difference between Knife and Machete

Some photos

The middle one is a machete.

https://www.southwarknews.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Knives-sword-machete-knife.jpg

Varieties of machete. Average size between 1 - 2 foot in length.

https://www.asgmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/machete-styles-1.jpg

One does not go down to the local shop carrying a machete for the craic..

Anyone carrying one of these in public is a threat to others.

From the video the knife looked more the size of the bottom one. The same applies though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

grassylawn wrote: »
    It seems like there are groups of black young people in parts of Dublin who are pretty lawless and violent.

I'm not aware of the same phenomenon in other parts of Ireland. So I wonder if there are local factors that led to the development of this. It seems like they generally grew up in Ireland too.

I've always assumed they're just emulating the young Irish scumbags they've been surrounded by growing up.

I always point to one very specific Dublin phenomenon when describing the subculture of scumbaggery among some pockets of Dublin kids - the shouting of the exact words "what the f*ck are youuuuuuuuuuu lookin' a?" at random strangers on the street for absolutely no reason other than to intimidate and make people uncomfortable because the little sh!t saying it thinks its funny. To my mind, that entire subculture belies a psychopathic or sadistic mindset in which pleasure and enjoyment is derived from the harassment of others - not people one knows for any specifically personal reason, but random, bystanding strangers. It displays an absolutely horrible mindset of "making someone feel put upon or threatened in public is hilarious".

It's long been said that Dublin has a problem with scumbags and in my view this kind of rampant anti social sh!te is a perfect example of it. We don't police our public spaces to make sure that this kind of unfriendly, hostile behaviour doesn't become endemic - and as a result, there are many areas of Dublin which one knows to generally just stay away from or risk being, at the very least, heckled by a stranger for absolutely no reason at all.

That's why I always say that these incidents are not truly racial or ethnic in nature - ultimately the issue is that a large part of Dublin subculture is entirely lawless and hostile, IE, people derive enjoyment from harassing and pissing others off for no reason. But where a racial or ethnic link may be relevant is the idea that some black Irish young people are trying to emulate their London counterparts - and that's the same problem, really. London has long had a problem with "chavs" and the carrying of knives as weapons, so it's again not a racial thing but a cultural one.

While America is far too quick to jail people for non violent offences, Ireland and apparently also the UK is far too slow to jail people for violent ones. A subculture of lawless f*ckery is the inevitable result because, while many don't like to admit this, the bottom line is that some human beings have specific personality types which make them complete and total assholes who no right minded person would want to share a street or neighbourhood with. The law is supposed to be there to reign in those instincts in some people and ensure that sharing a street or neighbourhood with them isn't the nightmare it actually is, but the problem is that those laws just aren't enforced.

If George had been arrested rather than fatally shot, I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that he would have received a suspended sentence in court for attacking the shopkeeper with a knife. F*ck that. The mere carrying of a knife for use against others - even if it's "self defense" or whatever - should carry a mandatory jail sentence. As should petty violent crime such as robbery, assault, etc.

It's amazing the amount of drama they needed to demonstrate sharp knife cuts soft things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Haraldkare

If George had been arrested rather than fatally shot, I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that he would have received a suspended sentence in court for attacking the shopkeeper with a knife. F*ck that. The mere carrying of a knife for use against others - even if it's "self defense" or whatever - should carry a mandatory jail sentence. As should petty violent crime such as robbery, assault, etc.

A suspended sentence for the robbery alright. But they would have got him on attacking Gardaí with a knife.

• Haraldkare wrote: »
    A suspended sentence for the robbery alright. But they would have got him on attacking Gardaí with a knife.

I don’t think there would’ve been a scenario where he survived attacking the gardai that day. I’m guessing the hypothetical is assuming he was arrested before the situation escalated enough to need the ARU.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

I've always assumed they're just emulating the young Irish scumbags they've been surrounded by growing up.

I always point to one very specific Dublin phenomenon when describing the subculture of scumbaggery among some pockets of Dublin kids - the shouting of the exact words "what the f*ck are youuuuuuuuuuu lookin' a?" at random strangers on the street for absolutely no reason other than to intimidate and make people uncomfortable because the little sh!t saying it thinks its funny. To my mind, that entire subculture belies a psychopathic or sadistic mindset in which pleasure and enjoyment is derived from the harassment of others - not people one knows for any specifically personal reason, but random, bystanding strangers. It displays an absolutely horrible mindset of "making someone feel put upon or threatened in public is hilarious".

It's long been said that Dublin has a problem with scumbags and in my view this kind of rampant anti social sh!te is a perfect example of it. We don't police our public spaces to make sure that this kind of unfriendly, hostile behaviour doesn't become endemic - and as a result, there are many areas of Dublin which one knows to generally just stay away from or risk being, at the very least, heckled by a stranger for absolutely no reason at all.

That's why I always say that these incidents are not truly racial or ethnic in nature - ultimately the issue is that a large part of Dublin subculture is entirely lawless and hostile, IE, people derive enjoyment from harassing and pissing others off for no reason. But where a racial or ethnic link may be relevant is the idea that some black Irish young people are trying to emulate their London counterparts - and that's the same problem, really. London has long had a problem with "chavs" and the carrying of knives as weapons, so it's again not a racial thing but a cultural one.

While America is far too quick to jail people for non violent offences, Ireland and apparently also the UK is far too slow to jail people for violent ones. A subculture of lawless f*ckery is the inevitable result because, while many don't like to admit this, the bottom line is that some human beings have specific personality types which make them complete and total assholes who no right minded person would want to share a street or neighbourhood with. The law is supposed to be there to reign in those instincts in some people and ensure that sharing a street or neighbourhood with them isn't the nightmare it actually is, but the problem is that those laws just aren't enforced.

I particularly agree with the last paragraph there. I think the guards generally get things right and are good at judging the public mood, either in general or with a crowd of scrotes, and too many times when they do arrest and charge people, they end up getting off with the 100th slap on the wrist by a soft judge worrying about their "hard childhood, god love him".

Mental illness is an excuse wheeled out all to often for being a scumbag.

It is a great discredit to the poor should battling real mental illness, a very serious thing indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,767 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Amazing how no political party have not come out in support of the gardai. The government should be supporting the actions of our law enforcers especially when you see the kind of scumbag they had to deal with.
    Really see bad times ahead unless the politicians and local representatives don't start to condemn and authorize actions against these hate spreading wannabe boyz in the hood types. Be interesting to see how far these so called marches are let go.

It's unbelievable.

Let's just say I know somebody very well who used to live on Manorfields drive. I could tell you lots of stories that would paint a better picture of the goings-on with these lads. I don't want to say too much, but it's unbelievable the outrage and support given knowing what I know has happened over the years, along with what happened on the day.

I'm glad my mate no longer lives there, and I feel for his neighbours (and the Gardai and Spar shop workers). They had enough trouble before, and with this incident I sincerely hope it doesn't mean more trouble ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Like so many others i have been angered and disgusted by the carry on of the black community in Blanchardstown over the last couple of days. Absolute disgrace and it must be stopped.

As much as they'd like it Dublin is not Compton, Brixton or South Central LA. The video of the man being confronted and threatened to be 'rushed' and beaten in his van reminded me somewhat of when the local black thugs surrounded Reginald Denny's truck and pulled him out and proceeded to beat him to within an inch of his life during the first few hours of the 1992 LA riots. That man in Blanchardstown was very close to being beaten live on camera by the rabid mob.

That could have been any of our families, friends or mothers hiding in that Spar shop while listening to deranged hate-filled black racists scream about killing whites outside while banging on the shutters. And later on pummelling a woman and a young lad close by like a pack of wild dogs!

Who do these people think they are storming through Blanch shopping centre roaring and shouting and threatening anyone who dares to make eye contact or stand in their way?

Or issuing barely disguised threats about terminating and 'finding' the guard involved in the justified killing of a knife wielding maniac.

Who do these scumbags think they are? They are the ones who will lose out over this as no rational Irish person will defend these actions.

It's not the guard who is racist but the very people screaming loudest about these perceived injustices are they themselves full of hate and anger towards our morals and our democratic principals. It has taken this incident for the mask to finally slip but it looks like this resentment had been building up for years and the damage done by the last few days (and who knows what still has to come) may be irrepareable.

The last few days have been stomach churning and It's time for the Irish state, politicians, guards, people etc to stand up and be firm and to not tolerate such depraved carry on on our streets again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

You know what I find interesting there seems to be little or no issues with kids of say Philippino parents, Eastern European parents, Brazilian parents etc... They just come here work, pay taxes and get on with integrating.

They don't act like the world is against them or owes them a living. They don't go around pretending to be gangsters with a chip on their shoulder either.

It's almost like a certain percentage of these young black kids think we have oppressed them for decades like in certain parts of the United States.

They need to grow up and grow a pair because society is getting tired of it. Otherwise they should know where the airport is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭amacca

Great post...my default position is live and let live but I really believe letting the type of ****e you describe go with soft touch policing or gentle slap on the wrist just facilitates scumbags becoming even bigger scumbags.....there would be much less problems if thuggish behaviour was clamped down on immediately with real consequences.....and instead of the consequences costing the taxpayer money Id be in favour of them costing the offender money......%of dole gone for a certain period, increasing for every subsequent offence, free legal aid is no longer free but mandatory and costs a percentage of dole after 2nd or subsequent public order offence........if the scrotes below say something like the age of fifteen are not in receipt of any payments then their parents who should have some level of control get the money removedand put aside for services for the child etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

The last few days have been stomach churning and It's time for the Irish state, politicians, guards, people etc to stand up and be firm and to not tolerate such depraved carry on on our streets again.

Thing is, unless you are

a- From the Blanch area (or have relatives/ close friends living there), or

b- An avid user of social media

the bulk of the public won't be outraged. Why? Because they saw at worst a crowd of 200 ungrateful people having a protest on the RTE News, or stories of same in the main papers.

The protest outside his house, the throwing of fireworks, the siege of the Eurospar, the attacks on the buses, attacks on people near the petrol station, not one of these incidents was generally reported to the wider public by the news. Where it was reported it was buried deep in the articles

The same news that will publish video of some old alcoholic shouting abuse at non Irish people on public transport (completely unacceptable as that is, it shows the agenda, that that is newsworthy but the violence in D15 is not)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

We should not forget the role of RTE in the run up to this incident.
    If an ethnic group continuously hears from the national broadcaster of Ireland that they are victims of racism, then it is only a matter of time before they start to believe it.

And RTE is first and foremost to provide a bully pulpit to the likes of Ebun Joseph on how racist the whole country is. I remember the old days as a child when Ian Paisley hated us because we were catholic; now we are hated by another preacher of hate because we are white.
    And to think we are all financially paying RTE to do this to us.
    RTE are a disgrace because of their partial and biased reporting of events.

Thing is, unless you are

a- From the Blanch area, or

b- An avid user of social media

the bulk of the public won't be outraged. Why? Because they saw at worst a crowd of 200 ungrateful people having a protest on the RTE News, or stories of same in the main papers.

The protest outside his house, the throwing of fireworks, the siege of the Eurospar, the attacks on the buses, attacks on people near the petrol station, not one of these incidents was generally reported to the wider public by the news. Where it was reported it was buried deep in the articles

The same news that will publish video of some old alcoholic shouting abuse at non Irish people on public transport (completely unacceptable as that is, it shows the agenda, that that is newsworthy but the violence in D15 is not)

I think that the authorities and news outlets are doing the right thing in not giving them airtime or attention, and adding fuel to their fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Dayo93 wrote: »
    You only have to read the hotpress interview to see the blame is all clearly on the white community, One example, he never made it in football because he was discriminated against, Just maybe he wasn't good enough but no it was because of racism

Odd that because according to the reports George played for
    Insaka Ireland, a soccer team that trains mostly African youths and run by African coaches.

https://insakaireland.org

• Registered Users Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭amacca

Kivaro wrote: »
    If an ethnic group continuously hears from the national broadcaster of Ireland that they are victims of racism, then it is only a matter of time before they start to believe it.

And RTE is first and foremost to provide a bully pulpit to the likes of Ebun Joseph on how racist the whole country is. I remember the old days as a child when Ian Paisley hated us because we were catholic; now we are hated by another preacher of hate because we are white.

yep...the media has a lot to answer for they are failing in their role completely. unbiased reporting of what happened did not occur

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

The 30+ previous court appearances is not based on any verifiable facts. Some far righter made it up.

The Journal are quite fond of running fact checks on rumour where the result of the check goes in the favour of the editorial opinion.

They sometimes even tweak the results of the fact check, such as one done on Noel Grealish claims about money transfers, that doesn't actually prove anything.

I wonder will they be running one on this lad?

amacca wrote: »
    Great post...my default position is live and let live but I really believe letting the type of ****e you describe go with soft touch policing or gentle slap on the wrist just facilitates scumbags becoming even bigger scumbags.....there would be much less problems if thuggish behaviour was clamped down on immediately with real consequences.....and instead of the consequences costing the taxpayer money Id be in favour of them costing the offender money......%of dole gone for a certain period, increasing for every subsequent offence, free legal aid is no longer free but mandatory and costs a percentage of dole after 2nd or subsequent public order offence........if the scrotes below say something like the age of fifteen are not in receipt of any payments then their parents who should have some level of control get the money removedand put aside for services for the child etc etc

But Helen McEntee says that if you go easy on the scum they have better job prospects and are less likely to use drugs. And why should the safety of the public matter the lad was just having a bad day with his undiagnosed depression and if the public were sensitive to his mental health issues and let him wave his big knife there wouldn't be any danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Palmach

Like so many others i have been angered and disgusted by the carry on of the black community in Blanchardstown over the last couple of days. Absolute disgrace and it must be stopped.

As much as they'd like it Dublin is not Compton, Brixton or South Central LA. The video of the man being confronted and threatened to be 'rushed' and beaten in his van reminded me somewhat of when the local black thugs surrounded Reginald Denny's truck and pulled him out and proceeded to beat him to within an inch of his life during the first few hours of the 1992 LA riots. That man in Blanchardstown was very close to being beaten live on camera by the rabid mob.

That could have been any of our families, friends or mothers hiding in that Spar shop while listening to deranged hate-filled black racists scream about killing whites outside while banging on the shutters. And later on pummelling a woman and a young lad close by like a pack of wild dogs!

Who do these people think they are storming through Blanch shopping centre roaring and shouting and threatening anyone who dares to make eye contact or stand in their way?

Or issuing barely disguised threats about terminating and 'finding' the guard involved in the justified killing of a knife wielding maniac.

Who do these scumbags think they are? They are the ones who will lose out over this as no rational Irish person will defend these actions.

It's not the guard who is racist but the very people screaming loudest about these perceived injustices are they themselves full of hate and anger towards our morals and our democratic principals. It has taken this incident for the mask to finally slip but it looks like this resentment had been building up for years and the damage done by the last few days (and who knows what still has to come) may be irrepareable.

Good post but we are moving in the wrong direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭Damien360

Kivaro wrote: »

I don't think RTE is helping Ebun but I do question her employer, UCD. If I held her views, which are racist, I would be very promtly fired as it would be deemed unacceptable to management and my fellow co-workers. As an employee, if you go on a platform with your employers details for all to see, the danger is you are speaking for the company in the eyes of all watching. So we either assume UCD is also racist or she needs to be removed from staff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement