Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Robbers lives matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,972 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The only reason this thread is ongoing is because the deceased was black. Would not happen if the person was white.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I don't agree with the Twitter outrage. The shooting is 100000% justified.
    The issue for me is the fact they appear to have missed multiple shots, aimed blindly and in the video theres a 5-6 second gap between the second last and last shot. That's quite strange tbh.

not yet wrote: »
    Robbers lives matter.

#Shopworkers lives matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

Posts now getting deleted on this thread? What a ****ing joke..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

"He charged at the Gardai with a knife but was otherwise very peaceful"

- Ruth Coppinger

:pac:

But she didnt say that did she?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Is there any timeline from when the cops first showed up.u til the time off the shooting?

It seems like they tried to use anything but lethal force to get the guy to comply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

For those of you wondering whether the hard left reps and former reps who have passed comment on this incident deplore and condemn all violence involving Gardai and criminals, regardless of who committed it, you might find my first post here interesting:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=113806252

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Omackeral wrote: »
    And the worker in Eurospar who had their nose smashed in for simply doing their job.

To the woke, the Ruth Coppingers, the Greens, the new SF members, he is a zero, not worthy of a single tweet or consideration. Just some prole loser.

Most will never even consider him a victim.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

mikemac2 wrote: »
    If anyone was thinking of taking a few months off from Twitter this may be the night to push ya over that ledge

Some amount of muck on it. Beginning with the Lord Mayor of Dublin

Not a fooking word from her about the person in the shop who was hurt by this guy or the guards who put their life on the line to stop him before anyone else was injured, she is more bothered about a dangerous criminal than decent law abiding citizens it seems.

Saw a bit of the video, the way he was swinging that knife if it connected with someone there would be more than just himself dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭hynesie08

The issue for me is the fact they appear to have missed multiple shots, aimed blindly and in the video theres a 5-6 second gap between the second last and last shot. That's quite strange tbh.

Are the ARU trained in that American thing of always empty the clip? You never really hear of that over here?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭JamBur

Different SF reps trying to escalate this on Twitter. Paul Murphy, trying to back track on saying that it was excessive force by the Gardai. Lynn Ruane deleted a similar tweet.

SF trying to score points from this situation. This is very, very wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭alias no.9

theguzman wrote: »
    The guards undoubtedly saved several lives, he'd have been out to roam the streets after a short period and would have been in and out of the system. I wonder was he Irish born or from a different country.

Doesn't matter where he was from, asking the question just fuels the hysterical #todaysfashionablehashtag crew, he was out of control and a danger to others, even the Mental Health Act draws a line when a mentally ill person is a danger to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

It's not at all strange.

The levels of accuracy demonstrated far exceed stats found in comparable situations as I've posted previously in the thread.

The gap means nothing, a Garda is seen approaching him and he's still standing, the threat isn't subdued, another shot is fired...he goes down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Twitter is going bananas :pac:

Full of chung wan's screaming racism. Apparently he was only shot because he was black. Absolutely nothing to do with the reasons why the AGS were called in the first place or what was occurring on site.

They also appear to be blaming "mental health" issues as a reason to explain his actions. They are just being one dimensionally reactionary without full comprehension of the situation. Events leading up to the shooting and the guys actions are secondary to the perceived "racial killing".

Ultimately, it is unfortunate that he died and I'm sure nobody wanted that. It appears that AGS followed a graduated response but he wouldn't listen.

You cant even argue that this was not a racially motivated killing....it's so so far from what is being portrayed in the Twittersphere.

This is the new crime in our society. All a crime seems to come down to now is skin colour. Never before were people more conscious of it than now. Racism has spread with the BLM, and it's all being perpetrated by the BLM brigade themselves. Focused on skin colour and absolutely blind to the real facts. Apparently being black now excuses you from all culpability in crime...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I've lost all respect for people on my Instagram who are trying to blame this on the guards.

Mental health issues or not, you have no right to threaten a guards life. Good riddance to the chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,486 ✭✭✭✭walshb

For those of you wondering whether the hard left reps and former reps who have passed comment on this incident deplore and condemn all violence involving Gardai and criminals, regardless of who committed it, you might find my first post here interesting:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=113806252

Disgusting people.

This is the new crime in our society. All a crime seems to come down to now is skin colour. Never before were people more conscious of it than now. Racism has spread with the BLM, and it's all being perpetrated by the BLM brigade themselves. Focused on skin colour and absolutely blind to the real facts. Apparently being black now excuses you from all culpability in crime...

Careful now. Your legitimate post will get deleted off of here soon like mine was..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Posts now getting deleted on this thread? What a ****ing joke..

Free speech - now hate speech.

Stick with the narrative or get deleted.

RIP to this fine upstanding member of society who was sadly gunned down while innocently buttering bread while making a turkey sandwich. I'm sure he would have turned out to be a lawyer or doctor or whatever else I'm told by MSM tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

I had a knife on me today and I used it to cut up a few spuds for the dinner. If some lunatic cracks up and threatens people with one, then it is being used incorrectly, also this is a long way from a race issue, there are lots of different races in Ireland, especially in the last 15-20 years. We have a country which is safe and secure, and I don't see the issue with somebody who doesn't follow the law of the land being dealt with. Its slightly unfortunate that he was killed, but he looks to have brought trouble to himself, and it's a lot better that he was creased, than a shop worker or a cop. Life goes on for everyone else, and hopefully this **** is not made into a martyr, but the stupid idiots that are soft on everything will probably attempt to, but he's a long way from a hero, he acted the maggot, and got sorted out, and that's the story, but people who have agenda's always stick their beak in, and chuck petrol on the fire. Our cops are not the worst, its not an easy job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I dont recall this level of outrage when Mark Hennessy was shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

JamBur wrote: »
    Different SF reps trying to escalate this on Twitter. Paul Murphy, trying to back track on saying that it was excessive force by the Gardai. Lynn Ruane deleted a similar tweet.

SF trying to score points from this situation. This is very, very wrong.

Can you retweet the SF ones?

Apologies to those who asked me to post tweets from locals. I cna't due to my tech ineptness as can't hide their names. They are not politicos or not known ones anyway so Don't want to be doing that.

By all accounts there seems to be some tensions around but protest gone peacefully so far. not as big as feared.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I dont recall this level of outrage when Mark Hennessy was shot.

Or when the youngfella in Cork was stabbed multiple times and left for dead by a gang of black lads...but shur.

I've seen people on twitter trying to organise a Go Fund Me for this scumbag. Some people need their heads checked..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,894 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I've seen people on twitter trying to organise a Go Fund Me for this scumbag. Some people need their heads checked..

What does he plan to do with the money?

(i.e. anyone stupid enough to donate to whomever is running the scam deserves to lose their money)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

Well, from reading the thread, very much likes he got what he deserved.
    I'll be critical of the Gardai if need be, and have been, but someone waving an edged weapon (described as a knife or a machete) and refusing to comply (for whatever reason), in no way would I want to have to attempt to get in close where such a weapon can be lethal/fatal to try and stop someone who is potentially of big build or enraged or out of their mind from whatever medical complaint or off their trolley on drugs or having an episode, no one else should have to suffer the consequences.

Given what the Gardai had available, I think this is the best outcome in that no one else/other/more people were injured and not fatally.
    Neither am I going for the shoot him in the leg stuff nonsense, out of the question, especially in a tense situation where someone could charge at you without warning.
    It's possible the Gardai (armed units) could be armed with other more effective non lethal bean bag rounds (there's also other stuff) for shotguns which I think might be more effective at knocking someone over (from what I'm picking up from the thread, these might have been regional/ERU members who fired the shots and not armed detectives).
    That said, I think if one person is tasing this guy and thats not effective (which can be the case) then they would need to come in and hit him hard with something like a shotgun non lethal round, I'd still want someone watching my back or ready to come in with lethal force and do what occurred here, in the event a person was to charge and either stab someone or get a weapon off someone.

Personally, I'd rather not hear and am actually glad we wont have to hear their story in court and watch as they get off lightly. Also was unaware of whatever occurred on the LUAS which has come up, about time any scrotes got manhandled off.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Some of the stuff on Twitter about this is crazytown. People completely hung up on the fact he was black, as if the officer when a knife was coming towards him thought "a here, shur here's a good a chance as any to shoot a black lad."

The man's life was in genuine danger and was a split second from being killed himself. And it's captured on video

Some people need to pour themselves a large mug of cop-on. Trying to stoke a George Floyd situation.

Just like they did with the Belfast Rape trial - that was Ireland's "Brock Turner" moment for the activist crowd. Even if it were tried in the UK jurisdiction. Under their law.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

https://twitter.com/SenLynnRuane/status/1344344721557225473

There are times where you can only be scared for how out of touch with reality some really are.

From personal experience, I am very confident in saying that:

A. She has never fired a handgun, or
    B. Never been threatened with a knife (and I wouldn't do it again, even with 15 friends in body armour edit: forgot to say, the guy actually went to prison for stabbing someone else a few years later so I think he was serious enough)

Not that I'm happy to see anyone get shot, far from it, but as can be clearly seen in the video, the Gardai had no option remaining, having persued him some distance over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

It's less than a 3 second gap. In between those 3 seconds he had turned to face the AGS again, then another shot was fired and then he fell.

Missing a moving target at close range happens, missing a static target at close range happens. None of the above is strange.

• Advertisement

What does he plan to do with the money?
    Donate to BLM...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement