Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

newmember? wrote: »
    They are waiting for the facts to be known before jumping in feet first and making a total fking thick out of themselves like most on this thread - which is now nearly at 300 pages and is mostly filled with people ranting facts based on opinions based on 3rd hand information they read somewhere else on the same fking thread...jesus wept.

Why wait. You seem to know more than most on this thread, and why are you bothering even reading 300 pages of ranting as you say. Jesus wept my a## but some people are just to thick to understand I agree with that.

It wouldn't be unusual some of them would be Doctors, Consultants etc. Most of them wouldn't live in the problem areas though or have much to do with the likes of those protestors.

I know very little about how and why the African communities were distributed into what have become ghetto virtual areas of Dublin and am interested to learn. I have known some very stable kinds African families in my work, and they were almost "tediously law abiding" types, invariably polite to a fault. These families would typically have two parents, and would mix readily with the white community in Dublin 8 / 12 area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭political analyst

Given that this Facebook post has a link to a Dublin Live article about the throwing of objects at gardaí by protesters, I think it has more than a grain of truth.

https://www.facebook.com/ChildProtectionIreland/posts/1695140333989071

Surely, RTÉ News staff are not that afraid of being accused of racism, are they?! People must have made complaints to RTÉ about lack of reporting of these disturbances, right?!

For what it's worth, RTÉ apologised for that absurd skit on its New Year's Eve show.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2021/0102/1187296-eamon-martin-rte/

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Cdemess

A Jamaican living in Dublin speaks out:

Ok I wanted to listen to what he had to say, but I noticed immediately his light fitting (energy saving - fair play) was missing a lamp shade. I had to turn it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,343 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I havent seen anything verified anywhere as a "fact" that he had a machete

Yes..

All these details need to be officially verified by the relevant authorities..

Nothing is certain yet...Other than a man being shot dead..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

bubblypop wrote: »
    Posting videos online do not assist gardai or any investigation.
    Of course it does.
    Any personal videos should be made available to Garda as they are helpful to connect all the dots, much like CCTV.

Asking people to self-censor can only help the people that wants exclusivity to drive the narrative, like Ruth Coppinger "brandishing a knife but not armed otherwise".

biko wrote: »
    Of course it does.
    Any personal videos should be made available to Garda as they are helpful to connect all the dots, much like CCTV.

Asking people to self-censor can only help the people that wants exclusivity to drive the narrative, like Ruth Coppinger "brandishing a knife but not armed otherwise".

Maybe poster means provide them to Gardai, but no need to post them online!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

donaghs wrote: »
    Recent crowd control in Nigeria, crowd protesting police brutality, police/army open fire on crowd with assault rifles.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lekki_massacre

Why would anyone want to leave this veritable paradise?
    Hell, I want to emigrate there, maybe a uni will set me up with a job to teach tolerance to black folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Promoting crime and disorder.
    A real addition

Wah di rass ahh mi dead wid laugh. Bumbowhole raised baka bush. Blabba mout

The results of me living with a Jamaican in London right there

Mod: Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

walshb wrote: »
    Maybe poster means provide them to Gardai, but no need to post them online!
    Yes, I think so too. However, keeping facts from the public will only make for more speculation and people like Ruth can make up whatever they like.

As long as videos exist, asking people to not post them isn't going to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

I havent seen anything verified anywhere as a "fact" that he had a machete

Well it was a pretty shiny broom handle going by the video I watched.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Yes..

Can't reply to Joey the parrot as I have him ignored because of his usual heterophobic comments but you can watch the video and see the knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

gw80 wrote: »
    Can we set up a go fund me page for him to get the money together to buy him plane ticket out of this racist little island, l would be first to donate

Mr. Buchanan is looking for publicity, and using click bait to do it. He needs to read the manual.

race-baiting-for-dummies.jpg

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

Of course it does.

Available to gardai, yes.
    Not posted online.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Put it this way I live in one of the estates were the brother and dead man lived, And anyone who lives in Blanch would confirm the problems people had in trying to get taxi home to Clonee Ongar Tyrellstown etc.

This problem was rampant 3 years ago, widely ignored by MSM at the behest of Government. Ordinary people living in Clonee know what was happening but did not have a voice to be heard.

Why do we allow gangs of any colour to terrorize communities, why do we allow Ebun to continually demonize white people. I am sick to death of hearing the black community are hard done by, they are no harder done by then the rest of us who are continually fcked over every day by this government.

Why would anyone want to leave this veritable paradise?
    Hell, I want to emigrate there, maybe a uni will set me up with a job to teach tolerance to black folks?

To be fair maybe crowd control is actually something we could learn from other cultures.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,087 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

There's a difference between self censorship and practicing good information hygiene.

Early in this thread I fell foul of this by repeating an unevidenced claim that armed gardai wore bodycams. Despite checking with a barrister who told me they'd never seen evidence from bodycams and doubted it was true, the fact was presented so confidently that I believed and reshared it.

Turned out that the "fact" was based on a personal anecdote from several years ago.

I know it's more effort to fact check, but at the very least we should be asking "what is your source?" and waiting for a convincing answer before spreading the information.

When we share information without fact checking and it turns out to be wrong we should feel ashamed, but the usual response is "well I was just passing it on because I thought it was useful" or some such.

And then there are the scumbags deliberately making stuff up, like the fake photos of the shop worker injuries....

GarIT wrote: »
    Can't reply to Joey the parrot as I have him ignored because of his usual heterophobic comments but you can watch the video and see the knife.

I have only seen one video from a distance.

I can’t verify what the man has in his hand..

I can see a man swinging very aggressively at Gardai...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Clown. Priveleged, oppressed yada yada. All the buzz words and excuses. Couldn't watch anymore than 2 minutes.

This guy has a real hatred of the country. A lot of anger in his comments and voice.

Starting this year, due to the insistence of the Green Party's Roderic O' Gorman, our Jamaican friend will get his own free house/apartment within 3 months of flying into Dublin from London. According to the Housing Department this initiative will result in Irish people becoming homeless. So we have a Children's Minister pushing for own door housing within 3 months for these migrant men who claim asylum, which could result in Irish children becoming homeless. Yeah, we are a real racist country alright.
    Ireland has truly become a very bizarre country.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

blanch152 wrote: »
    Nobody deserves to be shot dead.
    Nobody deserves to see their brother/son shot dead in front of them.
    Nobody deserves to have to shut their business with people inside because a group of people are outside banging on the door shouting racist slogans.
    Nobody deserves to go to work and be assaulted by someone trying to rob their business
    Nobody deserves to end up in hospital after being assaulted at work (a punch would hardly leave him in hospital?)
    Nobody deserves to sit on a bus in fear of their lives while an angry crowd shouts slogans at them and stops the bus
    Nobody deserves to be minding their own business and get caught up in a "peaceful" protest and end up in hospital
    Nobody deserves to have their peaceful trip to a shopping centre ruined by a group engaged in a "peaceful" protest.
    Nobody deserves to be in the Garda and have people on videos calling for them to be killed.
    Nobody deserves to be in the Garda and to be threatened with a machete, no matter what excuse of mental illness.

All of these things happened. There are investigations into the first two - there should be investigations into them all. While nobody deserves any of them, they are sometimes justified by the circumstances. There will be no hiding-place for the garda if he is found to be wrong - he will face suspension, maybe dismissal, and criminal charges. However, for all those others, what sanctions do they face?

Noone deserves to be shot dead in cold blood but when one is deliberately threatening police with a weapon and refusing to stand down despite all warning's to the contrary and then attacks them they're ARE responsible for their own demise.

Some of these are also far from peaceful protestor's, likely the lockdowns and covid are aggrivating the situation but some of these aren't even out for protest's they're shítstirrers and antagonists out to cause a riot out of spite and bitterness. They're no better than Karen O'Cúntrag and her braindead ilk and need to be tackled before they become a major issue. Trying to mob the shop this idiot attacked staff in, Attacking a mother with a child or hassling some woman in a carpark should at least get them hauled before the courts at the very least, we should neither tolerate this toxic stupidity or let it fester to the point we end up with the same problems that occurred in England. The last thing we need is these gobshíte's giving fuel to the other crowd of idiots to divide society.

AS for the Guards, they did their job, it takes an EXTREMELY stupid and completely thick kind of cúnt of all thing's to actually even get shot in this country. They don't shoot for no reason and they don't shoot unless it's absolutely necessary. To put this clearly in perspective in 22 years only SIX people including this fool have been shot by Gardai and this guy is the the FIRST AND ONLY black guy in this country to be taken down in this way.

He literally won the Darwin Award Lottery for getting shot by police in Ireland.

THAT is how rare this sort of thing is.

THAT is how stupid these "protestors" are.

THAT is how utterly braindead and devoid of any sort of analytical thinking they are.

This is not America. This lot need to get their heads out of the cancer media gutter and actually use their brains.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BuzzMcdonnell

Would it be appropriate if I was to write a letter to the superintendent in Blanchardstown expressing support for the Gardai involved in the incident?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Yes..

so why is it being presented as a fact he had a machete then

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭bilbot79

The real tragedy in this is as follows:

1/ Non racist event results in death of criminal
    2/ Family, friends and community need to express grief and anger
    3/ All forms of protest are invalid because the Garda actions were fair and warranted, therefore
    4/ The race card is claimed by the protesters as its the only way to give legitimacy to the protest
    5/ The unfairness of using the race card serves to galvanise opinion against multi-culturalism
    6/ In the future racism could be claimed legitimately if anti multiculturalism develops

In conclusion, its in absolutely everybody's interest to quiet down, hold their nerve and not let these events change their opinions

So it goes full circle

bilbot79 wrote: »
    The real tragedy in this is as follows:

1/ Non racist event results in death of criminal
    2/ Family, friends and community need to express grief and anger
    3/ All forms of protest are invalid because the Garda actions were fair and warranted, therefore
    4/ The race card is claimed by the protesters as its the only way to give legitimacy to the protest
    5/ The unfairness of using the race card serves to galvanise opinion against multi-culturalism
    6/ In the future racism could be claimed legitimately if anti multiculturalism develops

In conclusion, its in absolutely everybody's interest to quiet down, hold their nerve and not let these events change their opinions

So it goes full circle

It has seriously changed my opinions.

Really black people in general or community leaders need to be coming out to condem these protests.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

GarIT wrote: »

Mod:

Threadbanned - you had to make it personal and not just respond to the posts in a civil manner

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

https://twitter.com/no_bunny66/status/1345384227118964738?s=20

Close the thread immediately! Wayne walked into this man's fists according to this key eyewitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

You'd swear black people are being shot dead by the Gardai on a daily basis looking at the coverage of this story.

Had this happened this time last year (pre George Floyd) would we be seeing this type of reaction?

Glazers Out!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Infini wrote: »

AS for the Guards, they did their job, it takes an EXTREMELY stupid and completely thick kind of cúnt of all thing's to actually even get shot in this country. They don't shoot for no reason and they don't shoot unless it's absolutely necessary. To put this clearly in perspective in 22 years only SIX people including this fool have been shot by Gardai and this guy is the the FIRST AND ONLY black guy in this country to be taken down in this way.

He literally won the Darwin Award Lottery for getting shot by police in Ireland.

THAT is how rare this sort of thing is.

THAT is how stupid these "protestors" are.

THAT is how utterly braindead and devoid of any sort of analytical thinking they are.

This is not America. This lot need to get their heads out of the cancer media gutter and actually use their brains.
    Or someone suffering a psychiatric episode, like at Abbeylara.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Or someone suffering a psychiatric episode, like at Abbeylara.

Another eejit who refused to drop his gun, after two days of a siege, and two shots to the legs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

so why is it being presented as a fact he had a machete then

It's a fact that he was reported as having a "knife". You are ridiculously arguing over semantics for whatever reason. A "knife" is made up of two parts, a handle and a blade, sometimes all in one piece, sometimes in multiple.

A vacuum cleaner is commonly referred to as a "hoover", yet that is a brand name. Doesn't really matter.

Whether he had a butter knife or a Machete is irrelevent, he was potententially using it for intimidation in Eurospar and as a weapon in attempts to inflict harm on AGS.

Armed AGS members dont arrive for no reason. The reason is clear, the man had some sort of "knife" on his possession while assaulting a staff member in Eurospar.

It is alleged from eye witnesses that he produced the "knife" during or after the assault.

What is your motivation for arguing over terminology?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement