Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56,340 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Eurospar Ireland have donated 500.00

To?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Kraftwerk wrote: »
    So now that you know that it's been reported (in the Irish Times reporting on eye witness accounts) as a large knife and not a butter knife I presume you'll agree that it shows that in your words he was "very violent" to be attacking gardai with a large knife?

So it wasnt a Machete then!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

The "fact" he had a machete was presented in here as very relevant near the start of this thread where you had people displaying images of machetes to illustrate a point. Its a fair point. If its a machete then its clear he was very violent. If its a butter knife then its less clear. I am not trying to deflect from anything. I am questioning where this "fact" came from and asking if it has been verified.

Where are you getting this butter knife nonsense from? I've seen the video of him slashing at guards, considering the distance of the video and how clearly visible it is, it's quite obviously not a butter knife, which are only around 6 inches in size.

gozunda wrote: »
    How about individuals waving stuff around identifying those concerned?

Here we have 'protestors' placarding photographs of the garda who they think "murdered' the said knife wielding 'not a thug' who not only assaulted and threatened staff and gardai but who also refused to comply with the garda called out to deal with the situation risking their own lives to do so ...

https://twitter.com/BLANOsVideos/status/1344605013662957568?s=20

I don't believe it should be posted online, it should be given to investigators

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

I have a question...

If you have concerns about where the country is headed where can you turn to?

What if you're not hard right wing and are just concerned?

What if you are not racist but just worried?

There is nowhere to go for people who are just middle of the road but who are more and more uneasy with the path we are on.

There is no political party to support.

I mean if you're left wing but have concerns you basically have SF and PBP and Labour (who want to bring back automatic birthright citizenship). But they are all on the same broad page.

This is exactly what happened in Sweden. If you were worried you had no where to turn to unless you were hard right.

Honestly, it's too late.

The organisations of power in every single Western country have been poisoned with hard left ideology and there is an "either with us or against us" mentality with that crew. If you are in the middle then you are already seen as being as bad as the hard right racists.

No one will set up a polictical party that is anything approaching centrist at this stage.

We'll get our Trump eventually if this keeps going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

But Ruth Coppinger thinks any knife, be it a samurai sword or a Fisher Price chef set, is not a real weapon.

Poor Ruth seems to have pretty much gone to ground on twitter and Facebook as does Brid Smith who's shipped thousands of posts on Facebook, the vast majority of which are in disagreement with her and the let's stance.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

No, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Honestly, it's too late.

The organisations of power in every single Western country have been poisoned with hard left ideology and there is an "either with us or against us" mentality with that crew. If you are in the middle then you are already seen as being as bad as the hard right racists.

No one will set up a polictical party that is anything approaching centrist at this stage.

It's absolutely not a hard left ideology. It's wishy washy liberalism, mixed in with right wing, "trickle down", neoliberal economic policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,087 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Honestly, it's too late.

FF and FG are both centrist parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

walshb wrote: »
    To?

its not for George's funeral

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

A machete is a large knife. So it may have been. All we know for sure is its not a butter knife or a small knife and the thug was clearly very violent (your own words) to be attacking people with a dangerous weapon. Which I'm sure you'll have no problem agreeing with..

Ok.

Can’t keep up with these gofund me pages..

For the staff member? It must be a genuine account then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

Lumen wrote: »
    If you're just a bit racist and want Ireland to return to the 1950s then Aontú is the party for you.

More insane critical theory logic there... Well done. Have a woke point.

Lumen wrote: »
    FF and FG are both centrist parties.

FF, maybe. I don't think FG are.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I have a question...

There is nowhere to go for people who are just middle of the road but who are more and more uneasy with the path we are on.

I mean if you're left wing but have concerns you basically have SF and PBP and Labour (who want to bring back automatic birthright citizenship). But they are all on the same broad page.

This is exactly what happened in Sweden. If you were worried you had no where to turn to unless you were hard right.

Ryanair have flights for €19.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Except it's organised by the compo mom who sued for €20k because her little darling got a scratch over his eye.

Not necessarily...

Nothing is immune from scams!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

To the casual observer a Machete could be described as a "large knife".

I agree that we are speculating and there are connotations attached to the term "Machete".

However, a "large knife" in any description certaintly is not a butter knife.

Assigning levels of violence to a person depending on the size of the weapon while discounting the intent is stupid.

Ryanair have flights for €19.99.

You sound just like a racist now. Good job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,087 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

FF, maybe. I don't think FG are.

I was being generous. They're certainly not hard left, as is being ridiculously suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Was it a butter knife?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭enricoh

gozunda wrote: »
    How about individuals waving stuff around identifying those concerned?

Here we have 'protestors' placarding photographs of the garda who they think "murdered' the said knife wielding 'not a thug' who not only assaulted and threatened staff and gardai but who also refused to comply with the garda called out to deal with the situation risking their own lives to do so ...

https://twitter.com/BLANOsVideos/status/1344605013662957568?s=20

Jaysus, a lot of them at the protest are middle aged. If they were teens I'd say fair enough, easily led etc.
    These people have nothing to offer Ireland, just here to milk us.
    Bumpy times ahead methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

You sound just like a racist now. Good job.

But they are free to leave at any time.

Have you seen the posts up about killing and harming white people for just been white in their home country where we a just happened to be white.
    This is racism. The racists I see in near all cases I've come across are black or travellers as they scream racist......

I actually don't understand where we are going and what it's going to take to stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Akesh wrote: »
    If you don't agree with me then leave.. There you have it folks, the insane far left in a nutshell.

Anyone who doesn’t like this country or it’s laws has that choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I have a question...

Socially pretty much all of the main parties are more or less the same, from immigration, to social housing / welfare to abortion /SSM, they are all the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

nullzero wrote: »
    Was it a butter knife?

He doesn't care. He's just trying to deflect because it doesn't suit his narrative.

Don't try and question woke logic (apologies for the oxymoron)

How pathetic can the far-left get? They really are desperately scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

I can only presume you say that to immigrants who don't like it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

enricoh wrote: »
    Jaysus, a lot of them at the protest are middle aged. If they were teens I'd say fair enough, easily led etc.
    These people have nothing to offer Ireland, just here to milk us.
    Bumpy times ahead methinks.

Careful they were all most likely allowed out of work for lunch to go and instigate hate towards the tax paying fools that gave many a helping hand....

What's that word, don't bite the hand that feeds you.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Why should I leave? :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement