Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

Some interesting reading there.

There were fake whatsapp messages being shared after the white lad was stabbed down in Cork.

I wouldn't put too much faith in the legitimacy of those messages. I'm on the gardai's side here but there are other parties looking to make hay of this incident other than the young Africans in Blanch

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

You guys are idiots if you think that watsapp is true.

Let's say it's not true just to keep you happy.

Do you condone all the actual evidence these thugs have posted live or online of themselves causing havoc on our streets and scaring and attacking hard working individuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

FRom that screenshot.
    Maza muna bukatar Rashe Garda
    wadannan Irishan Ailan suna bukatar
    dauke mu da muhimmanci gwamnati
    ba ta da karfi har ma sun dawo da wani
    mutumin Baki daga Dubai don kisan kai
    da kwayoyi Daniel Kinahan kuma shi
    mutum daya ne kawai muke da sojojinmu
    muna haduwa tare za mu iya sarrafawa
    Lokacin Ireland don kashe wasu farin
    shara sun kashe George ba za mu iya
    barin wannan ya tafi 'yan'uwana maza da
    mata ba

run it though google translate

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

TomTomTim wrote: »
    How can you be so sure it's not true? I'm skeptical, but you're as bad as someone who think it's legit.

Common sense. When have watsapp group leaked messages like this EVER been true? Need I remind you of all the ''My uncles in the army shyte'' at the start of lockdown
    Do you condone all the actual evidence these thugs have posted live or online of themselves causing havoc on our streets and scaring and attacking hard working individuals.

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Lumen wrote: »
    FF and FG are both centrist parties.

both are centre left parties

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Don’t know if that’s in anyway true but if it is a few weird to those lads - just try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Yes absolute nonsense. I get a fake whatsapp group chat sent to me every week at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭amacca

Amazing to think this is what the best of education can spew out......

In fairness what can the education system do when the people working in it have almost zero authority

You can't work miracles when people can effectively do what they want and laugh in your face when you try to enforce basic discipline

The education system has no consequences for low level thuggery/continuous disruption etc etc ....just like the legal system doesn't remedy the situation with immediate meaningful consequences

Those whatsapp messages even show how emboldened certain individuals are when they are not met with consequences...........they have no respect for the community or laws or law enforcement........partly because law and order isn't enforced.

Tbh I dont think the gards or courts will have to do anything to these young idiots if they actually act on any of this ...it will be the more established local crime gangs that will sort them out or take them.under their wing as useful bit part players.

Lumen wrote: »
    If you're just a bit racist and want Ireland to return to the 1950s then Aontú is the party for you.

Aontu are not in the least bit racist , they differ little from SF bar the issue of abortion which of course was the soul reason Peadear Toibin left SF

They are actually probably the closest thing to an old school left wing party in the country right now , the rest of the left are preoccupied with WOKE politics

• Lumen wrote: »
    I honestly think that in a few days this will drift out of the news cycle, unless the BLM activists can either stoke up counterprotests, or there is some other event which sustains the story.

The BLM protests in the US were formented on bad outcomes at scale for people of colour who rightly have historical grievances. The causes of those outcomes are disputed but the outcomes themselves aren't.

In the UK there was enough anti immigrant feeling stoked up by Brexit that, coupled with historical symbols like slaver statues, there was enough to rally against.

In Ireland, whilst there is dispute about the level of racism experienced by black people, there is neither the death toll nor historical grievances of the US nor the anti immigrant feeling or symbols of the UK.

In that regard we're closer to an average EU country in terms of race relations. We don't have the hard core secularism or interventionist foreign policy of France, and neither (to my knowledge) big issues with radicalisation of Belgium.

I appreciate that some feel that our mainstream politicians are insufficiently robust in defining and defending some idea of Irish culture to which immigration poses a threat, but IMO this is a strength rather than a weakness, or has been to date. There's just not enough fuel for the fire, yet.

But who knows. I just hope that calm heads will prevail.

The other massive difference between the US was the government response. They tried to silence the protesters which just further empowered them (and rightly so in their case)

It really is best policy to just ignore these eejits as best as you can. They have no just cause and the majority are aware, however stoking them by trying to disarm them needlessly will embolden them to behave more erratically and enrich this idea Garda are racist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Mad_maxx wrote: »

FG might hose public money around on inefficient services, but they're centre right not left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

bubblypop wrote: »
    Posting videos online do not assist gardai or any investigation.

It doesn’t hinder their investigation either though. The family don’t want videos shared because it blows their fairytale version of what happened out of the water. You can be damn sure that if it happened as they said it happened they’d want the video shared worldwide.

Honestly, it's too late.

The organisations of power in every single Western country have been poisoned with hard left ideology and there is an "either with us or against us" mentality with that crew. If you are in the middle then you are already seen as being as bad as the hard right racists.

No one will set up a polictical party that is anything approaching centrist at this stage.

We'll get our Trump eventually if this keeps going.

i dont want a Trump , i do however want a new media outlet which is vaguely conservative , the trouble here is that the left are the gatekeepers of discourse and thus anything which isnt progressive is effectively ostracised and deeply frowned upon , the narrative is entirely singular

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I seen that the gofundme is over 16k now

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    Yes absolute nonsense. I get a fake whatsapp group chat sent to me every week at this stage.

I was about to say how do you know they are fake..but then again how do I know they are real...........

I don't but they do seem to match the mindset of a group that would corner people in a local shop shouting about how they hoped the white bastards inside would die

If I hadnt seen that on a video I'd have assumed it hadn't happened either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

i dont want a Trump , i do however want a new media outlet which is vaguely conservative , the trouble here is that the left are the gatekeepers of discourse

That course they all do in DCU has A LOT to answer for

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭enricoh

Are the videos of the brothers speech yesterday legit? Or did a big dirty racist do the dubbing on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Hilarious situation really that these Africans see Ireland as aggressors and racist given such classics as signs saying "No Dogs, No Blacks, No Irish"

They would have heart attacks the poor lads if they had to deal with the Boers in South Africa and the old South African Police and South African Defence Forces.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,166 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

i dont want a Trump , i do however want a new media outlet which is vaguely conservative , the trouble here is that the left are the gatekeepers of discourse and thus anything which isnt progressive is effectively ostracised and deeply frowned upon , the narrative is entirely singular

Sounds like Leo Sherlock and his garbage spewing Liberal are what your looking for tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

enricoh wrote: »
    Are the videos of the brothers speech yesterday legit? Or did a big dirty racist do the dubbing on it!

Braindead post. Good job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,087 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

There are numerous examples from the past decade or so to counter this.

Irish Water is a classic privatisation play from the centre right.

Michael Noonan stating government policy was to increase property prices.

Bertie and McCreevy.

Even the position on immigration (to keep this vaguely on topic) is economically conservative, in the sense that they want to keep the labor market well supplied to suppress wages and maintain competitiveness.

They may not be right wing enough for your tastes on specific policies but they're not left wing, they're promoting a kind of mainstream, non divisive populism which is not anchored on left-right politics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭arccosh

• Investigation me hole. The video should be put on every lamp post in Dublin, without it being shared his family and friends are free to share their lies unquestioned and without evidence available to back it up arguments to the contrary serve futile.

I’ve literally seen some of these clowns respond to the video by saying “don’t link me that racist garbage”, so it’s clear to me they despise seeing it because it unravels their ball of yarn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭kravmaga

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I seen that the gofundme is over 16k now

Duly noted.

I note I tried to donate €100 to the Eurospar mgr victim Wayne but his go fund me was set at 7k only and has reached it?

How do I send money to himfor his future recovery? I will ring the Eurospar in Hartstown tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

amacca wrote: »
    I was about to say how do you know they are fake..but then again how do I know they are real...........

I don't but they do seem to match the mindset of a group that would corner people in a local shop shouting about how they hoped the white bastards inside would die

If I hadnt seen that on a video I'd have assumed it hadn't happened either.

Not a single one I've ever got has turned out to be true. And, as thick as some of these lads are, I don't think they're thick enough to have an open chat on a platform that can just be screenshotted about killing people if they were really going to kill people.
    Finally, screenshots poor quality. Like created on a computer or something. When I screenshot the images are HD and clear. Like the one below

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

blanch152 wrote: »
    Nobody deserves to be shot dead.
    Nobody deserves to see their brother/son shot dead in front of them.
    Nobody deserves to have to shut their business with people inside because a group of people are outside banging on the door shouting racist slogans.
    Nobody deserves to go to work and be assaulted by someone trying to rob their business
    Nobody deserves to end up in hospital after being assaulted at work (a punch would hardly leave him in hospital?)
    Nobody deserves to sit on a bus in fear of their lives while an angry crowd shouts slogans at them and stops the bus
    Nobody deserves to be minding their own business and get caught up in a "peaceful" protest and end up in hospital
    Nobody deserves to have their peaceful trip to a shopping centre ruined by a group engaged in a "peaceful" protest.
    Nobody deserves to be in the Garda and have people on videos calling for them to be killed.
    Nobody deserves to be in the Garda and to be threatened with a machete, no matter what excuse of mental illness.

All of these things happened. There are investigations into the first two - there should be investigations into them all. While nobody deserves any of them, they are sometimes justified by the circumstances. There will be no hiding-place for the garda if he is found to be wrong - he will face suspension, maybe dismissal, and criminal charges. However, for all those others, what sanctions do they face?

Attack an innocent person or Gardai with a deadly weapon and you 100% deserve to be shot dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,087 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Attack an innocent person or Gardai with a deadly weapon and you 100% deserve to be shot dead.
    That kind of sentiment just plays into the hands of people who want to portray this as an execution.

Nobody deserves to be shot dead, otherwise we'd have capital punishment. The shooting is the last emergency resort to protect lives of the public and Gardai, when all else has failed.

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    Not a single one I've ever got has turned out to be true. And, as thick as some of these lads are, I don't think they're thick enough to have an open chat on a platform that can just be screenshotted about killing people if they were really going to kill people.
    Finally, screenshots poor quality. Like created on a computer or something. When I screenshot the images are HD and clear. Like the one below

Oh fair enough perhaps you are right.....thing is though they are dumb enough to have videos up of them inciting hatred etc.....it didn't seem such a stretch that they might type it in a whatsapp......given some of the braindead nonsense I've seen people write in whatsapps I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Bríd Smith is some piece of work

"On the Tragic death of George Nkencho
    The killing of George Nkencho by armed gardai on Wednesday 30 December in Blanchardstown has, inevitably, generated a lot of debate, some of it very angry, on social media. This is my response.
    After offering our condolences to all the family who have lost a loved one and our sympathy to the shop worker who was injured in this tragic series of events, there are certain questions that need to be asked.
    Why was it necessary for the gardai to shoot and kill George Nkencho? There were at least 12 trained gardai on the scene. Why could they not disarm and detain him, as they have done with numerous other suspects – men with swords, members of the Kinnehan and Hutch gangs and so on – without shooting him? Second, if shooting was essential, and we do not accept that it was, why was he not shot in the legs to bring him down? Why was he shot at least 3 times (apparently 5 shots were fired)? George Nkencho was evidently mentally disturbed so why was no psychiatric social worker brought to the scene to de-escalate the situation? All these questions need to be asked and seriously investigated.
    One point that needs to be clarified straight away is that raising these questions is not ‘supporting’ George Nkencho or his wielding a knife or attacking a shop worker. Widely differing claims are being made about George , such as that he had 32 criminal convictions but these are not reported in the media and are contradicted by friends and neighbours, plus while there was an altercation in the EuroSpar shop and the shop worker was injured he was NOT slashed in the face. But these are not the issue. Whatever George Nkencho may have done or not done in the past does not justify his killing.
    Was race or rather racism a factor? Some people on social media are confidently asserting that racism has nothing to do with it. What makes them so sure? Institutional racism does not openly declare itself but it shows up in different practice and different responses and this killing is an example of such a different response and that too needs to be investigated. We know from a huge amount of experience, not just in the US but in Britain, France and round the world that racist attitudes can be embedded in police forces as in the wider society. Why should it be different in Ireland given, for example, the record of anti-Traveller racism in the gardai. Reports from the local Black Community suggest they do have experience of racist attitudes from the police and have been subject to racism in school.
    Lastly, regardless of whatever racism there may have been from the gardai, there is no disputing the blatant racism in some of the social media commentary. The far right, anti-migrant Irish Freedom Party, posted video footage of the protest march through Blanchardstown on Thursday and called it ‘unacceptable’. The match was peaceful protest. For the Irish Freedom Party, who themselves have held rallies and marches against mask wearing and the Covid restrictions, what was unacceptable was that these were Black people marching and they called for them to be deported. To the Irish so-called Freedom Party I say what I find unacceptable is your racism and the same applies to any comments on social media which suggest it is alright for George Nkencho to be killed because we should ’look after our own’ and such like.
    I, and People Before Profit, will always oppose such racism and argue for a united response of all working people to injustice whether it is about housing, access to health and education, women’s rights, workers’ rights such as Debenhams, student nurses, or police brutality.
    #JusticeForGeorgeNkencho
    #BlackLivesMatter

From her Facebook page

Racism from the Gardai in this instance apparently

What a joke she is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

kravmaga wrote: »
    Duly noted.

I note I tried to donate €100 to the Eurospar mgr victim Wayne but his go fund me was set at 7k only and has reached it?

How do I send money to himfor his future recovery? I will ring the Eurospar in Hartstown tomorrow.

Thats at €9,600 now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement