Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

amacca wrote: »
    Oh fair enough perhaps you are right.....thing is though they are dumb enough to have videos up of them inciting hatred etc.....it didn't seem such a stretch that they might type it in a whatsapp......given some of the braindead nonsense I've seen people write in whatsapps I'm in.

Finally, I'm as cynical as they come for believing online stuff. I just presume everything is fake, all the time. It's my default strategy until I see some verification. We've had fake stuff on this very thread. Loads of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Send in the social worker according to Bríd Smith.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭amacca

Lumen wrote: »
    That kind of sentiment just plays into the hands of people who want to portray this as an execution.

Nobody deserves to be shot dead, otherwise we'd have capital punishment. The shooting is the last emergency resort to protect lives of the public and Gardai, when all else has failed.

I think.a person who attacks a shop attendant, carries a deadly weapon, does not drop or put down that weapon over a period of time, not following instructions from police officers and continues to be a threat to others because of this behaviour does deserve to be shot.

Because if he is not other innocent people that haven't behaved that way could be harmed by his actions.....if he didn't want to be shot then he shouldn't have done any of these things.

I think he 100% deserves to be shot, he earned the right due to his actions, had he not engaged in what he did he wouldn't deserve to be shot like all the other people walking around not assaulting shop assistants, not carrying deadly weapons, not posing an ongoing threat to innocent peoples lives cooperating with police and not threatening or attacking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭aziz

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Bríd Smith is some piece of work

"On the Tragic death of George Nkencho
    The killing of George Nkencho by armed gardai on Wednesday 30 December in Blanchardstown has, inevitably, generated a lot of debate, some of it very angry, on social media. This is my response.
    After offering our condolences to all the family who have lost a loved one and our sympathy to the shop worker who was injured in this tragic series of events, there are certain questions that need to be asked.
    Why was it necessary for the gardai to shoot and kill George Nkencho? There were at least 12 trained gardai on the scene. Why could they not disarm and detain him, as they have done with numerous other suspects – men with swords, members of the Kinnehan and Hutch gangs and so on – without shooting him? Second, if shooting was essential, and we do not accept that it was, why was he not shot in the legs to bring him down? Why was he shot at least 3 times (apparently 5 shots were fired)? George Nkencho was evidently mentally disturbed so why was no psychiatric social worker brought to the scene to de-escalate the situation? All these questions need to be asked and seriously investigated.
    One point that needs to be clarified straight away is that raising these questions is not ‘supporting’ George Nkencho or his wielding a knife or attacking a shop worker. Widely differing claims are being made about George , such as that he had 32 criminal convictions but these are not reported in the media and are contradicted by friends and neighbours, plus while there was an altercation in the EuroSpar shop and the shop worker was injured he was NOT slashed in the face. But these are not the issue. Whatever George Nkencho may have done or not done in the past does not justify his killing.
    Was race or rather racism a factor? Some people on social media are confidently asserting that racism has nothing to do with it. What makes them so sure? Institutional racism does not openly declare itself but it shows up in different practice and different responses and this killing is an example of such a different response and that too needs to be investigated. We know from a huge amount of experience, not just in the US but in Britain, France and round the world that racist attitudes can be embedded in police forces as in the wider society. Why should it be different in Ireland given, for example, the record of anti-Traveller racism in the gardai. Reports from the local Black Community suggest they do have experience of racist attitudes from the police and have been subject to racism in school.
    Lastly, regardless of whatever racism there may have been from the gardai, there is no disputing the blatant racism in some of the social media commentary. The far right, anti-migrant Irish Freedom Party, posted video footage of the protest march through Blanchardstown on Thursday and called it ‘unacceptable’. The match was peaceful protest. For the Irish Freedom Party, who themselves have held rallies and marches against mask wearing and the Covid restrictions, what was unacceptable was that these were Black people marching and they called for them to be deported. To the Irish so-called Freedom Party I say what I find unacceptable is your racism and the same applies to any comments on social media which suggest it is alright for George Nkencho to be killed because we should ’look after our own’ and such like.
    I, and People Before Profit, will always oppose such racism and argue for a united response of all working people to injustice whether it is about housing, access to health and education, women’s rights, workers’ rights such as Debenhams, student nurses, or police brutality.
    #JusticeForGeorgeNkencho
    #BlackLivesMatter

From her Facebook page

Racism from the Gardai in this instance apparently

What a joke she is

Well that’s another political party that won’t get another vote from me,
    Why are these people so far removed from reality

Where did Brid Smith publish that?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Louis Friend

Disgusting rabble rousing from Brid Smith.

“Why wasn’t he shot in the leg?”

This isn’t Hollywood, Brid. They’re trained to shoot criminals in the torso.

Plus, he wasn’t “shot dead”. They shot him to stop him and then he died in hospital.

• Wouldn’t be surprised if those WhatsApp images are factual. The question is whether or not those threats are genuine - most likely not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

What a joke she is

She blocked me on twitter, obviously didn't like my reply to one of her tweets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Lumen wrote: »
    The other relevance of the machete is that it plays into racist stereotypes of the black savage. Earlier in the thread someone drew a line to Hutu massacres in the Congo. I don't know of any genocides effected using butterknives.

Hutus were Rwandan.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

statesaver wrote: »
    Send in the social worker according to Bríd Smith.

Yes they just need hugs that is all.....
    But they're armed!!! Ah it's only a butter knife wouldn't even cut a slice of bread!!
    Free hugs for all.

• Advertisement

It doesn’t hinder their investigation either though. The family don’t want videos shared because it blows their fairytale version of what happened out of the water. You can be damn sure that if it happened as they said it happened they’d want the video shared worldwide.

It does hinder if there is evidence online that is not given to investigators.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    Where did Brid Smith publish that?

Her Facebook page

• Yes they just need hugs that is all.....
    But they're armed!!! Ah it's only a butter knife wouldn't even cut a slice of bread!!
    Free hugs for all.

Not sure what you think a social worker does - but I can assure you that’s not it.

I don’t agree with the assertion one way or the other a social worker should’ve been used, but I also think people would be wise to know what they actually do & their benefit in some situations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

So it wasnt a Machete then!

A machete is a large knife

Hopefully the bashed up shop chap will sue the estate of George and pocket the lot of his gofundme

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Bríd Smith is some piece of work.

I’m convinced at this stage that anyone still asking why he wasn’t shot in the leg is deliberately trying to stoke tensions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

PsychoPete wrote: »
    She blocked me on twitter, does obviously didn't like me reply to one of her tweets

Sounds about right

Sure you can't question her version of events lol

She's badly misread the room on this one

Vast vast of majority of posts are very much against her post

Seems she lost votes thanks to it and rightfully so

• Registered Users Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Hilarious situation really that these Africans see Ireland as aggressors and racist given such classics as signs saying "No Dogs, No Blacks, No Irish"

They would have heart attacks the poor lads if they had to deal with the Boers in South Africa and the old South African Police and South African Defence Forces.

The fact is that these people are racists themselves. As soon as this happened it was "kill whitey" type rhetoric. They can pop back to Nigeria whenever it suits them, although they came here seeking asylum from their government. Clowns.

Glazers Out!

• Bríd Smith is some piece of work.

I’m convinced at this stage that anyone still asking why he wasn’t shot in the leg is deliberately trying to stoke tensions.

Sure isn’t everyone a firearms expert. Funny to see all these experts who are somehow more qualified than our current gardai yet none of them actually work for the guards? Isn’t that really weird? I think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Sounds about right

Sure you can't question her version of events lol

She's badly misread the room on this one

Vast vast of majority of posts are very much against her post

Seems she lost votes thanks to it and rightfully so

She should be caught by the scruff of the neck and kicked straight out of the Dail

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Louis Friend

Does she think this is Hollywood?

And that the Gardai can dish out leg shots like Dirty Harry?

Bit of investigative work about the whatsapps...see the north dublin banter plastered all over them? I had a look at their Instagram page they have post after post taking the piss out of the situation, and not exactly painting the protesters in a good light.
    See 1 example of a screenshot below, but literally their last 10 or so posts are similar.

Attack an innocent person or Gardai with a deadly weapon and you 100% deserve to be shot dead.

We do not have the death penalty in this country, this was unfortunately an outcome that could have been prevented.

Gardai are attacked everyday of the week, don't see pages of posts here worrying about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,300 ✭✭✭✭walshb

What do people expect from Brid Smith?

This is the same woman who had a go at Leo Varadkar for daring to wear a jacket that cost a few bob, or a few too much bob for her liking!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Not sure what you think a social worker does - but I can assure you that’s not it.

I don’t agree with the assertion one way or the other a social worker should’ve been used, but I also think people would be wise to know what they actually do & their benefit in some situations.

Please don't insult my intelligence....

Sarcasm isn't a strong point on you......

Free hugs for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,087 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Hutus were Rwandan.
    As far as I recall the massacres were committed in the DRC, as I stated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Have to laugh at this notion that a psychiatric social worker would somehow have diffused the situation and prevented the shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Bird Smith is an embarrassment to humanity never mind Ireland. She should have been swallowed or wiped off the curtains.

How can she assert that there is institutional racism in AGS?

What an utter cretin.

Glazers Out!

• Please don't insult my intelligence....

Sarcasm isn't a strong point on you......

Free hugs for all.

I’m not insulting anything.

Also, I think you mean detecting sarcasm.

Hugs are banned cos of covid. 2m distance please! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭Polar101

Some interesting reading there.

Sounds like children talking crap, rather than masterminds planning a race war.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement