Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭kravmaga

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Thats at €9,600 now

Thanks, maybe there is a few Go fund Me set up for Wayne.

I will look it up again

• Registered Users Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Have to laugh at this notion that a psychiatric social worker would somehow have diffused the situation and prevented the shooting.

"Quick, get a social worker". Hilarious.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

The goal of my argument was to question the "fact" being presented he had a machete. We saw earlier on in the thread how the narrative of having a machete was used to paint and portray him as more violent and of course as others have pointed out it also has racist connotations and overtones. It seems to me that the machete story was manufactured in order to present false narratives, in order to paint and portray a certain picture. Its a perfectly reasonable point to discuss. Noone has presented any proof of a machete but have tried to claim it as "fact". Its interesting though that when I question the narratives that there is a pileon onto me with all sorts of name calling.

I brought up the Hutus, this morning, days after the event. It wasn’t used to portray him as “more violent”. There was nothing racist about it either. In the frame by frame shooting video, you can see that the blade of the “knife” is about a foot long. I’m confident that when it all comes out, it will be a machete.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭amacca

bubblypop wrote: »
    We do not have the death penalty in this country, this was unfortunately an outcome that could have been prevented.

Gardai are attacked everyday of the week, don't see pages of posts here worrying about them.

What the hell has the death penalty got to do with it really, the gards aren't going out there to administer a death penalty.

They do however have the right to defend themselves and are charged with a duty to protect people

This guy was a clear threat to other people.....all he had to do was cooperate at any point....not ignore instructions and attack with a deadly weapon......he had established by his actions and non-cooperation before he was a threat to innocent members of the public.

We do not have the death penalty in this country, this was unfortunately an outcome that could have been prevented.

Gardai are attacked everyday of the week, don't see pages of posts here worrying about them.

It seems like they did all they reasonably could to prevent it, until it became a "him or us" scenario, and shot him.
    I doubt any Garda set off to work that morning thinking to himself "I think ll clip a black chap today".

Lot of people here support the Gardai in other threads, don't try and make this a "people don't care about Gardai unless they can use their concern to mask their racism" sh1te.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

nullzero wrote: »
    How can she assert that there is institutional racism in AGS?

What an utter cretin.

A cretin that people continously vote in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Lumen wrote: »
    That kind of sentiment just plays into the hands of people who want to portray this as an execution.

Nobody deserves to be shot dead, otherwise we'd have capital punishment. The shooting is the last emergency resort to protect lives of the public and Gardai, when all else has failed.

Nobody deserves to be shot dead only the people who need to be shot dead as an emergency last resort?

amacca wrote: »
    What the hell has the death penalty got to do with it really, the gards aren't going out there to administer a death penalty.

They do however have the right to defend themselves and are charged with a duty to protect people

This guy was a clear threat to other people.....all he had to do was cooperate at any point....not ignore instructions and attack with a deadly weapon......he had established by his actions and non-cooperation before he was a threat to innocent members of the public.

Exactly.
    That's what I said.
    And I was replying to someone who said he deserved to die.

Lot of people here support the Gardai in other threads, don't try and make this a "people don't care about Gardai unless they can use their concern to mask their racism" sh1te.

You came up with that.......

• Registered Users Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Hopefully the bashed up shop chap will sue the estate of George and pocket the lot of his gofundme

Jaysus they must be planning a big send off for him with a 20 k goal on the gofundme.

• Advertisement

PCeeeee wrote: »
    Nobody deserves to be shot dead only the people who need to be shot dead as an emergency last resort?

That's exactly it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

The bould Brid retweeted that watery fckuer Rory Cowan recently. Only when I pointed out his support for Israel did he delete it, shows her understanding of whats going on in the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,087 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

PCeeeee wrote: »

The word "deserves" implies an outcome in response to someone's worth or preceding actions.

This is not the objective of the gardai. The objective is to prevent imminent loss of life or severe injury based on a threat presented.

I realise this might seem like semantics, but I think it's important.

• bubblypop wrote: »

There’s literally a thread in after hours “say something nice about the gardai” but boards members don’t praise guards ever is it?

Gway out of that.

Edit: and that’s completely parallel to the fact you can be disagree with the gardai at almost every step they make if it’s your prerogative, however when presented with matter of fact, continuing to find fault is being obtuse.

You suggested people don't give a f**k about the Gardai first, until there's a chance to get an auld bit of racism in
    I know I'm not wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Think I'll put 50 quid on tomorrow that Smith, Boyd Barret, Murphy and one or two other assorted clowns will be thrown out by the Ceann Comhairle for a T Shirt wearing stunt or an attempt at a moment's silence or some other childish nonsense when the Dail next returns.

To think that they truly believe the working class people of this country, the brickys, the taxi drivers, the factory workers, the bus drivers, actually support this nonsense, it just shows how far cut off from reality they are. They think Irish society is represented in the attendance of a students union meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Lumen wrote: »
    The word "deserves" implies an outcome in response to someone's worth or preceding actions.

This is not the objective of the gardai. The objective is to prevent imminent loss of life or severe injury based on a threat presented.

I realise this might seem like semantics, but I think it's important.

Do you know what Lumen it would seem i agree with you more than I do not. In my haste to respond to what I thought you were saying I was wrong. I apologise.

Capital punishment makes me uneasy too. This man did not deserve to die. But on the facts available to us he needed to be stopped.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Let's send in Brid to deal with the next armed scumbag threatening Gardai. She seems to think she knows better than they do when it comes to handling these situations.

But seriously, she should be removed from office immediately. She's either trolling or of subnormal intelligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,767 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

email Brid

ask her to be careful about fueling fires

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Shop assistant gfm at 10k
    Well deserved.

• Advertisement

To think that they truly believe the working class people of this country, the brickys, the taxi drivers, the factory workers, the bus drivers, actually support this nonsense, it just shows how far cut off from reality they are.

That hasn't been what "working class" has meant for the past 2 decades or so.

"Working class" means 3rd or 4th generation welfare dependant troublemaker.

You suggested people don't give a f**k about the Gardai first, until there's a chance to get an auld bit of racism in
    I know I'm not wrong!

The general public are very fickle, in this very thread we have people saying they back the gardai completely and then posts complaining how gardai are doing nothing and allowing massive gangs of rioters to destroy half the city.
    Fickle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Acosta

TomTomTim wrote: »
    Do you have any proof that the origins of machete narrative are from "white supremacists"? I'm assuming not knowing your history.

Apologies for the late reply.

I never said racists were the origins of the story that the weapon was a machete, but some of those racist, faceless, nameless accounts is the only place other than here that I saw it mentioned. The same goes for these ''whatsapp'' messages and the fake pic of the shop worker, that also ended up on here. I never even said it wasn't a machete, I don't know if it was. If someone's goal is to stoke as much racial tension as possible out of an incident like this, a machete is always going to sound better in a tweet than simply saying a knife.
    Evidence of the white supremacist angle please...

The far right and a lot of fairly disgusting profiles have been tweeting about this incident morning, noon and night since it happened. They're revelling in it. A good few tweets from these profiles ended up on this thread.

Nalz wrote: »
    email Brid

ask her to be careful about fueling fires

"Help everyone! I'm being brigaded by the far right!"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Many people fundamentally disagree with this. Personally I don't, but just bear in mind that people you argue with about this may regard your statement as an unfortunate reality which should be changed rather than a good thing.

There are many, many threads on all forms of Irish social media and discussion site including this one, about gangland crime and general low level violent scumbaggery, and the idea that the Gardaí should respond more often with more force is regularly mooted. To act as if this case is different is incredibly ignorant IMO.

To give you an example: There was a thread a couple of years ago in which a man was on trial for giving some scrote brain damage by whacking him full force in the head with his hurley. This was after he caught the scrote vandalising his car for what was apparently the bajillionth time, as well as recognising him for frequently harassing him and his family as they went about their daily business. No racial element at all, this was between two white Irish people.

Most of the comments on the thread were fully in support of the guy with the hurl and several that I remember lamented the fact that he hadn't hit the guy harder.

I think people are seriously underestimating how bad some parts of Dublin have become thanks to years upon years of non-existent enforcement of the law from the courts. This is something which has been building for a long, long time, and the frustration and anger of Dubliners is borne out in the commentary around this.

Unfortunately, there are a great many people who genuinely would love to see a zero tolerance policy which did indeed involve this kind of lethal action happening far more frequently - but I for one, while disagreeing with that, don't blame them for believing it. They have been let down for years by a chronically broken justice system and by a media and political establishment which is more than happy to allow violent crime to fester as long as it's not in the "good" areas of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Jaysus they must be planning a big send off for him with a 20 k goal on the gofundme.

The sooner this ****show is over the better for all, lessons learned by everyone hopefully
    1-this is Ireland, not America
    2-we're not really racially motivated
    3-our police force are over 90percent unarmed
    4-ethnic minorities have to obey the law as everyone else
    5-BLM in this country? Really? In Ireland all lives matter
    6-each minority including travellers - Nigerians--Roma have to donate to the economy, pay taxes, but most importantly integrate
    7-Be thankful for a house, a health service,schooling etc etc that you wouldn't receive for nothing wherever you come from, and if unhappy /unwilling to confirm, please go away and give the houses - hospital places, school places to those who deserve it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Acosta wrote: »
    If someone's goal is to stoke as much racial tension as possible out of an incident like this, a machete is always going to sound better in a tweet than simply saying a knife.

Why does it matter what kind of weapon it was? Anyone who carries a knife in public for literally any reason other than to cut food with should get a mandatory jail sentence. It's as simple as that. Carrying weapons has absolutely no place in our society and it never should have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

"Quick, get a social worker". Hilarious.

I think it's from the US mostly peaceful protests, the idea there was that Police should be defunded and social workers used instead. Fairly thick to cut and paste the US "solutions" to good old Eire. The old adage about empty vessels is being proven in spades now.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Guerillabear

Acosta wrote: »
    Apologies for the late reply.

I never said racists were the origins of the story that the weapon was a machete, but some of those racist, faceless, nameless accounts is the only place other than here that I saw it mentioned. The same goes for these ''whatsapp'' messages and the fake pic of the shop worker, that also ended up on here. I never even said it wasn't a machete, I don't know if it was. If someone's goal is to stoke as much racial tension as possible out of an incident like this, a machete is always going to sound better in a tweet than simply saying a knife.

The far right and a lot of fairly disgusting profiles have been tweeting about this incident morning, noon and night since it happened. They're revelling in it. A good few tweets from these profiles ended up on this thread.

So you’re more concerned about the far right making twitter accounts, than the literal mob of black lads going around blanchardstown terrorising and assaulting people for being white.

Are you serious?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭newmember2

That hasn't been what "working class" has meant for the past 2 decades or so.

"Working class" means 3rd or 4th generation welfare dependant troublemaker.

At least now we know what you think...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement