Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

dodzy wrote: »
    Thanks for link. Should be stickied

10K bar hit. Great result.

newmember? wrote: »
    and...

You seriously can see no contradiction here?

There is no contradiction. Just because they don't take the specific approach to policing i would take, doesn't mean I don't support them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭jmreire

Sure you can’t aim it centre mass, you need to shoot the baby finger nail or at a stretch the Achilles’ tendon. And if you can’t do that well the stab wound shouldn’t hurt too much but at least you won’t be a wacist.

The mind boggles from all these posters advocating just inflicting a non-fatal wound.... They tried for a good while to talk him out of it ( begs the question, why were his Family and friends not involved at that stage ??? ) Then they tried tazering, but that failed too. ( very strange, but I have heard of animals breaking through electric fencing , so its not impossible, especially if the tazer was not functioning 100% ) Then they tried with pepper spray..also failed, I'd say that was because they were unable to get close enought to his face for that to work, no one wanted to get inside the radius of a swinging machete, and rightly so. Had George got that close to a Guarda, there would have been a good chance that a Guarda would have been at least seriously injured or even killed. Killing him was the option of last resort, and definitely not a first choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

There is now a gofundme for a commemorative plauge for George

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Which bit?

This is nonsense and is as guilty of assuming American race politics are applicable to Ireland as the fools marching around Blanchardstown.

No nonsense here, we have a cohort of soft minded liberals in this country who will let any sort of minority piss all over their faces as long as they score some woke points and don’t come off as being racist of any sort. Patethic limp wristed cosseted fools who have no life experience outside of their leafy suburban homes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

hhmmm? wrote: »
    They need to be rounded up and deported

Not even first cousin of a real whatsapp message group.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

PsychoPete wrote: »

Just flip the g and the u.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭newmember2

There is no contradiction. Just because they don't take the specific approach to policing i would take, doesn't mean I don't support them.

Hmm...so they're not doing what you want them to do but you support what they are doing??

Have I got it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Acosta

Buddy Bubs wrote: »

I'd be surprised if most that are even thanking these posts think otherwise. But some won't and it's a handy tool to help stir the pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭hhmmm?

Tell me more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭newmember2

Tell me more

Start here

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Lumen wrote: »
    FF and FG are both centrist parties.

They are to the left. With the exception of rip off property...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Tell me more

Has north dublin banter, follow us on Instagram on it. So I did, and they're not exactly on the we love Africans side.

Hmm...so they're not doing what you want them to do but you support what they are doing??

Have I got it now?

I don't know. It seems too elaborate for you, so I won't confidently state that you've 'got it', but I wish you well with it nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

PsychoPete wrote: »

They can put all the offences he committed on the plaque too. Hope they get very generous donations!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭hhmmm?

Start here

Look, this is a long thread, will you a bit more specific?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

The sooner this ****show is over the better for all, lessons learned by everyone hopefully
    1-this is Ireland, not America
    2-we're not really racially motivated
    3-our police force are over 90percent unarmed
    4-ethnic minorities have to obey the law as everyone else
    5-BLM in this country? Really? In Ireland all lives matter
    6-each minority including travellers - Nigerians--Roma have to donate to the economy, pay taxes, but most importantly integrate
    7-Be thankful for a house, a health service,schooling etc etc that you wouldn't receive for nothing wherever you come from, and if unhappy /unwilling to confirm, please go away and give the houses - hospital places, school places to those who deserve it

6 is racist, 7 is slightly racist, 1 is correct. lesson to be learned ?: don't lunge at cops with a dangerous weapon.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,552 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

They need to be rounded up and deported
    Post external information/images from reputable sources only

There is little doubt that many fake messages are being circulated with the sole purpose of raising racial tensions

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

not yet wrote: »
    6 is racist, 7 is slightly racist, 1 is correct. lesson to be learned ?: don't lunge at cops with a dangerous weapon.
    Not at all. I think the truth hurts. Be a better country if 6 and 7 were followed.

Not at all. I think the truth hurts. Be a better country if 6 and 7 were followed.

6 can be interpreted as racist when you consider how it could actually be enforced. I can't think of a non authoritarian state enforced integration policy which definitely verges on racist in the very least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Acosta wrote: »
    There was a lot of racist posts on that thread. Clearly the mods also thought as much, as they deleted plenty of posts.

There are literally thousands of posts on this thread. The vast, vast majority of them are not even remotely racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

6 can be interpreted as racist when you consider how it could actually be enforced. I can't think of a non authoritarian state enforced integration policy which definitely verges on racist in the very least.

But put simply should every one coming into a different country not be willing to integrate and be willing to add to the economy of the country by paying taxes to make it a better place for everyone. I still can't see why point 6 would be classed racist.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,552 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If anyone has a reliable source for any prior convictions of George Nkencho please post it. Otherwise drop the point

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

boombang wrote: »
    FG might hose public money around on inefficient services, but they're centre right not left.

they vigorously court and prioritise the public sector ahead of the private sector

they espouse increased spending over tax cuts at budget time ( albeit less than FF do )

they never even whisper the idea of reducing welfare

they are not remotely interested in a discussion on immigration

they brought in gay marriage and abortion and none of their TD,s bar a few rebelled over it

But put simply should every one coming into a different country not be willing to integrate and be willing to add to the economy of the country by paying taxes to make it a better place for everyone. I still can't see why point 6 would be classed racist.

How do you enforce integration in a non racist way? This is unclear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Acosta

givyjoe wrote: »
    There are literally thousands of posts on this thread. The vast, vast majority of them are not even remotely racist.

That's a different thread I'm referring to. But there was a lot more racist posts on this thread before they were rightly removed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

Has north dublin banter, follow us on Instagram on it. So I did, and they're not exactly on the we love Africans side.
    How did you access the page, I'm blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

VinLieger wrote: »
    Sounds like Leo Sherlock and his garbage spewing Liberal are what your looking for tbh

i mean a media outlet which can go mainstream , not some tiny fringe outfit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,459 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

How do you enforce integration in a non racist way? This is unclear.

what is racist about treating people based on how they behave after they arrive in Ireland?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement