Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

Very unfortunate but that how the cards fell!

I wouldn't have been taking any chances either if I were AGS!

He was told to put down the weapon but didn't and mental health issues only

makes the situation a little more tense and unpredictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Lougarden wrote: »
    Jedward on the Twitter bandwagon too ffs, so many spreading misinformation before knowing facts

They are young millionaires, who don't work anymore, if they wouldn't think like that who would.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭4Ad

Lougarden wrote: »
    Jedward on the Twitter bandwagon too ffs, so many spreading misinformation before knowing facts

Are their thoughts with the peole who were asaulted earlier ??
    Apes..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The Irish SJWs have their moment. They’re delighted.

He deserved to be taken out. Simple as.

They will milk it for all it's worth. Not a word about the only victim here the shopkeeper who this thug beat up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

What the absolute f... I suppose they've got to get some exposure now after their 10 minutes of fame.

537701.jpg

They deleted their tweet by the looks of it so they at least realise they were wrong. However, I wish they would at least put up a tweet acknowledging that they misjudged the situation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Regarding these allegations of mental health issues-

Has anybody in this country ever been found not guilty of armed robbery by reason of insanity?

Serious question.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

https://twitter.com/EbunJoseph1/status/1344369111443402756?s=20

She's going with the guards shot him in the back angle.

I hope this sees her properly outed as a race baiter.

Thoughts with the Gardai who had to deal with a criminal today and do what none of them wanted to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Hamachi

I gave the Green Party a preference in the last General Election. I emailed Hazel Chu, the Green Party and Neasa Hourigan letting them know what I think about her tweet and that I find it very hard to vote for a party that comes out in support of a violent criminal. It may not accomplish anything but at least I tried. I do hope she retracts and apologises for her tweet.

Fair play to you. Her intervention her is an utter disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭atr2002

tdf7187 wrote: »
    How do you know?

His brother is all over social media

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

It's amazing to think she is an academic. Her style of writing really doesn't reflect someone with an apparently advanced education.

She's an out and out racist.

• Advertisement

No doubt a GoFundMe page will appear before long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

I hope this sees her properly outed as a race baiter.

Thoughts with the Gardai who had to deal with a criminal today and do what none of them wanted to

Given her career so far she'll probably write another bull**** paper about how the bullets were complicit in the racism and get herself a promotion to head of ballistics research at UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

They deleted their tweet by the looks of it so they at least realise they were wrong. However, I wish they would at least put up a tweet acknowledging that they misjudged the situation.

Too quick to jump on the outrage bandwagon , People need to read the actual facts instead of automatically jumping in with the race card because the victim was black. Feelings over facts .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

Witcher wrote: »
    The Gardai have 40mm baton rounds and there's videos of them bouncing off lads and him still standing there not a bother on him.

Here ya go...40mm baton round...no bother to him, there another video of this from ground level and he shrugs it off like he was hit with a Nerf gun.

https://youtu.be/5IboNnfj6Zo

Every force option has its limitations, some people think a bit of pepper spray or a taser and they'll go down like a Jenga tower...doesn't work that way.

Im not suggesting that a bean bag round would have had any effect in this case, but it might in others (Im not thinking of the people on the receiving end), nor am I someone going for the "they should have shot him in the leg" brigade, and I dont care if there are 10-15-20 people there, I wouldnt want to be first in to tackle someone with intent and a knife, so anyone that says "he only had a knife" is ridiculous. I think the only outcome from whats being mentioned (brandishing a bladed weapon and then lunging/attacking with it) is only going to end in one way if the person ends up attacking/lunging, and thats how it appears to have ended today. I dont want to seem like Im gloating about it, but I think that guy got what he deserved.

My suggestion is that the Gardai could be armed with non lethal bean bag rounds, it appears from your video they are of some description, Ive seen different on youtube, it might protect the Gardai (legally) in the case of someone who doesnt have the intent of this person.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I wonder what Hazel would think if this scumbag tried to turn over her family's take away smashing her father up in the process?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Whatever about blue haired or pink haired anonymous pronoun accounts on Twitter or Facebook or Instagram mouthing off with zero clue, every single one of those public representatives who have opened their stupid, ignorant, race baiting mouths should be up in front of their parties.
    The eye isn't only on the likes of Gemma O'Doherty, these 'respectable' goons are part of the same dangerous venn diagram of extremist sh1te.

The fckin neck of them.

100% agree. Can’t understand why any elected representative is commenting on this case given the seriousness of the event and the potential repercussions here. The media will have a big part to play here in the coming days also.
    This has the potential to cause mayhem. They are a lot of people out there just waiting for a miserable excuse to cause havoc and if they can latch onto this they will.
    Public representatives should not be permitted to comment on this given a full investigation will be carried out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭hynesie08

No doubt a GoFundMe page will appear before long.

I hope one is set up for the shop workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chrisam

I haven't seen the video and I don't want to see the video. I don't want to see someone's last moments. I'm appalled at the number of commenters who are disecting the incident like it was a movie. Totally desensitised to death, which is a worrying trend in itself. Possibly I'm one of the last few people never to have seen a clip where someone dies. Long may that last.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,972 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Kraftwerk wrote: »
    Given her career so far she'll probably write another bull**** paper about how the bullets were complicit in the racism and get herself a promotion to head of ballistics research at UCD.

UCD recruitment obviously want this type of person on their staff, all in the name of inclusion. WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

almostover wrote: »
    She should publicly withdraw her comments and/or resign. It's simple. 2 people went to work today, a shop manager who had his nose broken and teeth knocked out, another protecting the law abiding citizens of this country who had a machete swung at him. The perpetrator of both attacks went out with the intent to steal from and harm other human beings today. It's a pity he had to die but I have zero pity for him.

In fairness, I doubt she is representative of the view of Chinese people in Dublin regarding such matters!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,486 ✭✭✭✭walshb

blacklilly wrote: »
    100% agree. Can’t understand why any elected representative is commenting on this case given the seriousness of the event and the potential repercussions here. The media will have a big part to play here in the coming days also.
    This has the potential to cause mayhem. They are a lot of people out there just waiting for a miserable excuse to cause havoc and if they can latch onto this they will.
    Public representatives should not be permitted to comment on this given a full investigation will be carried out.

These reps jumping in here to take sides like this is disgraceful..

But not at surprising.

For a small country we have some seriously incapable, incompetent and downright dangerous people..

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Lougarden

Totally agree, they should definitely acknowledge it. They reached enough people with BS before pulling it down. No consequence for spreading trouble and rising people where BLM shouldn't even enter the equation here.

Just delete and find the next thing to jump on. It's dangerous sending these messages out when there are folks out there itching for trouble, pulling the racism card and trying to brew up divides and unwarranted protests and tensions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Shelga

This Reddit post made me lol :pac:

F26MfRB.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭PearseCork92

Ebun Joseph in particular is a disgrace. Flat out race hustler. I'm not saying there isn't elements of racism in some parts of society, but that woman makes out like one of the most liberal democracies in the world is Rhodesia under minority white rule.

Quite how someone so toxic, and to be honest, so thick, ended up on UCD's payroll poisoning young minds is one of life's great mysteries.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I hope one is set up for the shop workers.

Sad to report that I was right. Fools and their money comes to mind. https://www.gofundme.com/f/72z2pw-funeral-costs-for-george-nkencho

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Ebun Joseph in particular is a disgrace. Flat out race hustler. I'm not saying there isn't elements of racism in some parts of society, but that woman makes out like one of the most liberal democracies in the world is Rhodesia under minority white rule.

Quite how someone so toxic, and to be honest, so thick, ended up on UCD's payroll poisoning young minds is one of life's great mysteries.

She is total scamster. Trinity staff member friend claims he read her thesis and that it makes Ladybird classics like Jack Has A Ball read like something by Heisenberg.

I wonder what Hazel would think if this scumbag tried to turn over her family's take away smashing her father up in the process?

Would likely forgive him and blame the racist society that made him that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Sad to report that I was right. Fools and their money comes to mind. https://www.gofundme.com/f/72z2pw-funeral-costs-for-george-nkencho

It's for funeral costs. Would I donate to it myself, no...but if people feel sorry for him off they go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Oh there's no great mystery to it, none at all in fact. UCD, Trinity, most if not all of third level academia are fully imbedded into the SJW establishment, along with the Irish Times and RTE. The Indo is an outlier of resistance (for the time being), though I dislike the paper for other reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Be right back

Katie B has a very vague description of what happened today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement