Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 qwertyuiopa

We are very very lucky that the shooting was recorded and posted online.

There were enough gob****e politicians and race baiters taking the thug's side even with clearcut evidence that he attacked the gardai.

I honestly reckon the situation on the streets would have been ten times worse if people hadn't been able to see what actually happened

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Hamachi

travist wrote: »
    What was O’Gorman’s take on it?
    (Coppinger is irrelevant, as she is not elected).

Immense sympathies to the victim and his family for their tragedy.

Not one word acknowledging the role of the Gardai in keeping the community safe or mention of Wayne, the manager of Eurospar, who was viciously assaulted by gentle George.

Another point to note is that O’Gorman is trying to push through ‘own door’ accommodation for asylum seekers. The department of housing have already come out and stated that this will inevitably drive up homelessness amongst Irish people.

Ostensibly, O’Gorman is the minister for children. His priorities are so incredibly misdirected, it simply beggars belief.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

They reduced his payment to €180(ish) but they needed his written permission to take any more (he obviously didn't give that permission).

Isn't that lovely? They need your written permission to take back the free money that you scammed off of them.

What a ****ing country.

Meanwhile, i'm trying to provide a bit of passive income for myself through investing and i'm getting taxed 41% on any profit (on money that was already taxed) and i face an audit and fines if i **** up when declaring it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,990 ✭✭✭hometruths

I'm sure that they loved their brother and son very much. It is a huge onus to have a family member that can pose a risk to themselves and others. They did not want him to harm anyone. They were in all likelihood hoping for him to surrender.

All of that could well be true whilst he posed a threat to their safety. That’s what the guards had to decide - did this guy pose a threat to anybody? Whether or not his family loved him was irrelevant from the guards point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Zatoichi wrote: »
    Have not read the whole thread yet. When I first head about this I looked at the RTE NEWS website, Irish Times, and the Irish Independent and none of the articles I read at that time stated anything about a violent attack on the shop assistant. Isn't that pertinent information? Doesn't leaving it out just create a vacuum where people can state 'he didn't bother anyone' or 'he wasn't a thug'?

In a way, the initial attack has no significance beyond being the reason the Gardai were called, he was not shot as a reprisal for that incident. Everything that happened after the Gardai arrived was a response to the continuing behaviour of the deceased man.

If the Gardai had a random encounter with George while he was brandishing the knife in a threatening manner without ever having visited the shop or assaulting anyone, the outcome may well have been the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Suckit wrote: »
    Maybe a mixup as this is one as per the comments
    https://twitter.com/BluntMan____/status/1345486411290587141

That was tymon park, tallaght.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

givyjoe wrote: »
    Yeah, that's what I mean - Maybe there was no stabbing in Hartstown, and maybe they made the same mistake as that tweet, as is pointed out in the comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Well I hardly expect them to frame it and erect a shrine around it now do I?

I don't care what you expect :)
    You posted something. I posted a funny gif in response. Big whoop.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,767 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

givyjoe wrote: »

and what happened there?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭AngeloArgue

alias no.9 wrote: »
    In a way, the initial attack has no significance beyond being the reason the Gardai were called, he was not shot as a reprisal for that incident. Everything that happened after the Gardai arrived was a response to the continuing behaviour of the deceased man.

If the Gardai had a random encounter with George while he was brandishing the knife in a threatening manner without ever having visited the shop or assaulting anyone, the outcome may well have been the same.

I would imagine reports that a suspect had already caused actual harm to others would classify him as being a much higher risk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Nalz wrote: »
    and what happened there?

Another pillar of society removed.

Nalz wrote: »
    and what happened there?
    According to the comments/replies/other tweets below that tweet, " Young lad Eric Finnegan stabbed an killed in tallaght direction"

https://twitter.com/Rambo76312429/status/1345497281706012675

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Meeoow

I see Wayne's go fund me is over 10 grand now. I donated, but I am a bit dubious now. I am concerned over the wording in the fundraiser. It says it is to support Wayne in his recovery, but she doesn't state that all monies will be donated to him, or that he is aware of the fundraiser.
    I contacted the organiser to ask her about it, but she hasn't replied yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

According to the comments/replies/other tweets below that tweet, " Young lad Eric Finnegan stabbed an killed in tallaght direction"

https://twitter.com/Rambo76312429/status/1345497281706012675
    I'm sure it's a coincidence but that account has a lot of common hallmarks of your typical Russian bot...

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

I think it plays into his state of mind and his willingness to physically attack someone. Without the prior attack it's far easier for people to say he just came in contact with the police and they over-reacted.

TheChizler wrote: »
    I'm sure it's a coincidence but that account has a lot of common hallmarks of your typical Russian bot...
    No idea. I'm not on twitter and haven't a clue about bot accounts etc. Just saw that comment/reply under the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,494 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

TheChizler wrote: »

This what the Russians are doing in their new greatly expanded embassy bunker? :D

Although think that got rejected.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I would imagine reports that a suspect had already caused actual harm to others would classify him as being a much higher risk?

The brandishing of the knife was the only thing that made him a risk, no knife, no armed Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Yamanoto wrote: »

Pity Irish people have never been given a say on whether we were keen on buying into the failed policy of multiculturalism.

Hear Hear.

Just a few weeks ago a long-time resident moved out of our street and within a week, a new couple moved in. We were never given the chance to vet them. We weren't asked whether we wanted them as neighbours. They just moved in without a "By your leave".

The cheek of them!

(And they're from Meath!!!! I mean, what is the world coming to?????)
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,852 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Hamachi wrote: »
    If you live in Dublin 15, your options are Varadkar, Roderic O’Gorman, and Ruth Coppinger. Typically, Jack Chambers is fairly anonymous.

When the next election cycle kicks in, I’ll certainly remember the reasonable manner in which he conducted himself here and his refusal to jump on the ‘woke’ bandwagon. I’ll also make sure that my neighbors and friends in the area are cognizant of the contempt with which O’Gorman and Coppinger hold the overwhelming majority of their constituents.

The messages I saw on here that were quoted from both Varadkar and Chambers were reasonable I thought. Chambers was more along the line of what I think I'd be posting myself, but then again I think he had the benefit of a bit more time than Varadkar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Meeoow wrote: »
    I see Wayne's go fund me is over 10 grand now. I donated, but I am a bit dubious now. I am concerned over the wording in the fundraiser. It says it is to support Wayne in his recovery, but she doesn't state that all monies will be donated to him, or that he is aware of the fundraiser.
    I contacted the organiser to ask her about it, but she hasn't replied yet.

Accordingly it is legit with Dublin live website talking about it https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/georgenkencho-death-shopkeeper-gofundme-dublin-19551611

But rule of thumb is never trust a gofundme or Kickstarter. Does not matter what they say or even how well they present it. You are blindly giving money to a stranger over the internet with hopes they are telling the truth to where the money is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Maybe a mixup as this is one as per the comments
    https://twitter.com/BluntMan____/status/1345486411290587141

Yep that’s the rumour. Forget the mention of hartstown park. That stabbing was a man in tallaght.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

well that GFM is at €900 but there are others that are 10K+
    Look again, That,s the target, It says be the first to contribute, Nothing !

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭AngeloArgue

The brandishing of the knife was the only thing that made him a risk, no knife, no armed Gardai.

Yeah, I agree. But as I said reports that he actually assaulted/made threats in multiple locations ups the ante.
    That is to say that it may present itself as a rolling situation of what is sometimes referred to as a "spree"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

So this idea about writing to the guards to tell them that they’re a great bunch of lads, who do you address it to? There’s a divisional Chief Superintendent in Blanchardstown as well as a district Super.

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Pity Irish people have never been given a say on whether we were keen on buying into the failed policy of multiculturalism.

Wasn't that the catalyst for Brexit..?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BuzzMcdonnell

So this idea about writing to the guards to tell them that they’re a great bunch of lads, who do you address it to? There’s a divisional Chief Superintendent in Blanchardstown as well as a district Super.

I wrote to the district superintendent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Hamachi

The messages I saw on here that were quoted from both Varadkar and Chambers were reasonable I thought. Chambers was more along the line of what I think I'd be posting myself, but then again I think he had the benefit of a bit more time than Varadkar.

To be fair to Varadkar, his input was fairly measured. I certainly wouldn’t condemn him.

As for those other cretins..

I just googled it, and i'd guess from the list of names given on Garda.ie for that station that:
    District Officer: Superintendent Peter Burke

sounds like the fella that'd be in the station daily. Open to correction though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Chambers doesn't do his own thinking in fairness.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement