Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Darc19 wrote: »
    Plenty of regular white scum that have put plenty of people in hospital including travellers, Sinn Fein councillors and "normal scangers"

Then you have the husbands and partners of women who beat them up.

And you have Blackrock college boys "having fun" by hospitalising some guys they have a disagreement with.

Maybe they should all be executed?

Oh, forgot, none of them are black.

Wait now, you can't call travellers scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,087 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

wandererz wrote: »
    What exactly is your point?
    You want to see video prior to that?
    Not sure if Gardai wear body cams.

If video hasn't come out as yet then possibly have to time travel back and position oneself appropriately.

You claimed to have seen what happened prior to the shooting, and provided as evidence video that started with the shooting.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

He wasn't "executed" :rolleyes:
    Neither were any of the other tiny number of people who have been shot by the Gardai. If any of the types you listed attacked Guards with a knife and got shot for that I'd take the same position.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Yes, but it's for cases exactly like this.

It literally doesn’t exist anymore in this country at least not without many obstacles to go through to get a mental health assessment done on someone. People attend A&E departments suffering from suicidal ideation are in for a long wait as it is. There’s no real out of hours for mental health other than sitting on a chair at 2am and a questionnaire by a nurse at midday. I’ve experienced this firsthand having brought a friend to the A&E department in Clonmel. We think everything is fine after 5pm in this country.

If these wasters in Blanchardstown actually cared about George then they’d be protesting outside Dr. Steevens tomorrow morning calling for more funding for MHS and if attending MHS, for heads to roll.

The past few days have just been a front for thugs wanting to loot and young white girls wanting to appear woke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

It literally doesn’t exist anymore in this country at least not without many obstacles to go through to get a mental health assessment done on someone. People attend A&E departments suffering from suicidal ideation are in for a long wait as it is. There’s no real out of hours for mental health other than sitting on a chair at 2am and a questionnaire by a nurse at midday. I’ve experienced this firsthand having brought a friend to the A&E department in Clonmel. We think everything is fine after 5pm in this country.

If these wasters in Blanchardstown actually cared about George then they’d be protesting outside Dr. Steevens tomorrow morning calling for more funding for MHS and if attending MHS, for heads to roll.

The past few days have just been a front for thugs wanting to loot and young white girls wanting to appear woke.

That's shocking, I didn't think the situation was that bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭wandererz

Lumen wrote: »
    You claimed to have seen what happened prior to the shooting, and provided as evidence video that started with the shooting.

I did not realise that it started with the shooting. Thought he was shot at the point that he fell down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Plenty of regular white scum that have put plenty of people in hospital including travellers, Sinn Fein councillors and "normal scangers"

And you have Blackrock college boys "having fun" by hospitalising some guys they have a disagreement with.

None of them were waving a knife inches from a member of AGS an hour after seriously assaulting a man and threatening his coworkers at a local shop with a knife.

There is one very high profile case of a black man living in Ireland who assaulted his white Irish partner? Francis Usanga.... Google him. He was not shot by Gardai and I'm going out on a limb here by saying it was because he wasn't trying to kill them with a knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,081 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

It's good to see people calling TD/former TDs out for posting nonsense about this.

The below from Ruth Coppinger....is getting torn to bits and rightly so.
    "Brandishing a knife but not armed otherwise"...ffs

"Extremely concerning that young man is killed, brandishing a knife but not armed otherwise, is shot 3 times by Gardai. Answers needed. This rarely happened, even when grappling terrorism, gangland crime. Why in this case? #dubw #gardai"

Man dies https://t.co/UubkbEmh7Y via @rte

Brid Smith has lost my vote in future as well with her comments.

Is 27 still considered "young man"?

I would apply that term to "16-25" or even "16-23".

Anyway, was it a machete?
    Difficult to tell as yet.

BTW. The only person officially allowed to carry, swing or throw a machete is Danny Trejo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Executed. Must of missed something.

Hopefully a good deterent to all scumbags out there. Black, white, Asian or wherever you come from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

tdf7187 wrote: »

It is good to have this confirmed by the guards. Strange it hadnt been clarified before. Interesting to see the far right boogeyman being brought up again. There is no far right involvement in what happened and this just seems like an attempt to blur the actions of some since the event. If these were far right protests (however miniscule) and disturbances we'd see alot more coverage, and likely the usual far left idiots engaging with them.

I hope the family get closure, I also hope no wrong doing is found on behalf of the guards.

I find those sharing images of the guard and wishing death reprehensible.

If mental illness is being claimed by the family, then it would be interesting to see what medical related efforts were taken or mechanisms were availed of to assist his rehabilitation rather than the traditional means.

GDPR no longer applies, so the journalistic community should be able to make a request.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

It is good to have this confirmed by the guards. Strange it hadnt been clarified before. Interesting to see the far right boogeyman being brought up again. There is no far right involvement in what happened and this just seems like an attempt to blur the actions of some since the event. If these were far right protests (however miniscule) and disturbances we'd see alot more coverage, and likely the usual far left idiots engaging with them.

I hope the family get closure, I also hope no wrong doing is found on behalf of the guards.

I find those sharing images of the guard and wishing death reprehensible.

It's much like Islamic terrorist attacks. The establishment and activists alike default to worrying about those who react to the event, instead of focusing on the event itself and the people who suffered because of it. It's essentially just a cheap deflection tactic, with the aim of trying to make the reaction more dangerous than the act that caused the reaction.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Nozebleed wrote: »
    what about people who are jailed for not paying the TV licence?

No one goes to jail for not paying the tv licence. The go jail for disobeying a court order. If people can ignore court orders, what is the point of court?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

He may not have had criminal convictions but he was a criminal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

I’ve kept relatively quiet about this incident on my own social media, but I’ve gotten into arguments with two friends about it. I feel both would be happier if we were burying Gardaí or reading about injured Gardai as a result of this incident. One even asked, in all seriousness, why the Gardaí didn’t just jump on the culprit. She never gave any thought as to how that was a seriously stupid idea, and how it could end in a number of Gardaí or members of the public getting seriously injured, if not killed.

Quite simply, not one coont who offers an alternative to dealing with an incident would ever have the balls to sign up for the job themselves. They are cowards. FFS I posted earlier of one bint saying ACAB AGAB on her Twitter the other day, yesterday she is saying she was being threatened online and is waiting for her dad to take her to the Garda station.

I'm not sure which is worse here. The Gardai for not telling her to fcuk off or they will charge her with incitement, the girl herself for importing this American nonsense, or the father for not giving her a clip around the ear and telling her to stop living out oppression fantasies on the internet.

It's worth remembering that the people you mention are in a tiny minority of the population. The hard left movements peddling this nonsense typically get 4 percent of the vote (SF are left but not as hard left as the rest, and their voters are typically just fed up with the other options rather than being political extremists).

Compare that to the UK. He may have lost, but Labour under Corbyn, which would put out the same sort of divisive politics as Coppinger et al got 32% of the vote. The Lib Dems put out similar bollix and got a further 11 percent.

Looks like a nice neighbourhood.
    Semi detached. Look how close the neighbours door is.
    I wonder if and how much and for how long they have been suffering with their neighbour next door.

I say this because I had to endure similar for over 2 years of Gardai, ambulances and fire brigades visiting next door to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

This is going to sound really sexist and I apologise. But I notice Irish people sticking up for the thug in this case seem to be predominantly women. Are both your friend women who argued this?

I feel like there’s literally no Irish men standing up for the thug. Even on the thugs go fund me all the donations where either African names or Irish females... what’s the deal here?

If this is not an acceptable post mods please delete.

A few relevant points.

Twitter, where this appeal would have gained traction, seems to have a largely female user demographic in Ireland.

It is heavily left wing.

Most men have been in a few fistfights. Most men are possessive of property that they have accumulated through their own hard work- I don't know anybody who would have any guilt about shooting or stabbing a burglar, for example. It is a caveman hunter gatherer instinct that has remained in the psyche of most men from before the era of legal systems, kill or be killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I actually heard an argument off line from someone that the garda should have allowed themselves to be stabbed before pulling the trigger. They weren't joking either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

This is going to sound really sexist and I apologise. But I notice Irish people sticking up for the thug in this case seem to be predominantly women. Are both your friend women who argued this?

I feel like there’s literally no Irish men standing up for the thug. Even on the thugs go fund me all the donations where either African names or Irish females... what’s the deal here?

If this is not an acceptable post mods please delete.
    Well it only sounds sexist as you are recounting someone elses sexism. if the security guard he hospitalized was Female then imho there would be no Ruth Coppinger / Hazel chu posts.
    No one was posting on twitter how awful it was the mentally ill Mark who killed Jastine Valdez was ill treated and had all options been exhausted?
    Be interesting to hear from the girlfriend he allegedly hammered, if there's any truth to that it gives these people nowhere to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Rezident

Kivaro wrote: »
    We should not forget the role of RTE in the run up to this incident.
    If an ethnic group continuously hears from the national broadcaster of Ireland that they are victims of racism, then it is only a matter of time before they start to believe it.

And RTE is first and foremost to provide a bully pulpit to the likes of Ebun Joseph on how racist the whole country is. I remember the old days as a child when Ian Paisley hated us because we were catholic; now we are hated by another preacher of hate because we are white.
    And to think we are all financially paying RTE to do this to us.
    RTE are a disgrace because of their partial and biased reporting of events.

This is an important point. RTE's false and uninformed posturing on issues like this does more harm than good.

And everyone knows it is all just for show, like when they tell us to obey COVID restrictions while openly flaunting them themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Well it only sounds sexist as you are recounting someone elses sexism. if the security guard he hospitalized was Female then imho there would be no Ruth Coppinger / Hazel chu posts.
    No one was posting on twitter how awful it was the mentally ill Mark who killed Jastine Valdez was ill treated and had all options been exhausted?
    Be interesting to hear from the girlfriend he allegedly hammered, if there's any truth to that it gives these people nowhere to go.

One man. 3 posts.

https://twitter.com/philipoconnor/status/1345385790558367750?s=19

https://twitter.com/Karlosdub/status/1345479915253227521?s=19

https://twitter.com/Wolfpac86/status/1345446718297563144?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Is there any proof of this though or his priors?
    It keeps circulating so curious to see if it's true really. Couldn't find a bean online.

The 32 convictions is not true

https://amp.independent.ie/irish-news/garda-worry-over-nkencho-shooting-lies-39924798.html

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 17,066 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Lillyfae wrote: »
    Evidence? Or is this just something you read on FB?

Mental health issues. There is evidence in the link, on my original post.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/george-nkencho-shooting-inquiry-will-look-at-graduated-use-of-force-1.4448355

Though I suppose actually reading something attempting to provide a balanced view of the situation is just too much trouble.

"On the one hand, there were threats being made against the garda who fired the shots. On the other side, lies are being circulated about the man who died claiming he was a criminal when he was not"

I know which one I would have as the headline....

It is great that it had been clarified, social media lies can become more than the truth.

My heart goes out to the family, can't be nice seeing all this happen in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Lumen wrote: »
    We live in a society with a well established legal principle of innocent proven guilty in court.

The misinformation and outright lies spread on this thread and on social media more widely show exactly why this is important.

But sure, nobody wants to take responsibility for their part in that.

Oh I know sure but when you point these things out theres a pileon attack.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

fisgon wrote: »
    Mental health issues. There is evidence in the link, on my original post.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/george-nkencho-shooting-inquiry-will-look-at-graduated-use-of-force-1.4448355

Though I suppose actually reading something attempting to provide a balanced view of the situation is just too much trouble.

Its behind a pay wall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Rezident

ElJeffe wrote: »
    You know what I find interesting there seems to be little or no issues with kids of say Philippino parents, Eastern European parents, Brazilian parents etc... They just come here work, pay taxes and get on with integrating.

They don't act like the world is against them or owes them a living. They don't go around pretending to be gangsters with a chip on their shoulder either.

It's almost like a certain percentage of these young black kids think we have oppressed them for decades like in certain parts of the United States.

They need to grow up and grow a pair because society is getting tired of it. Otherwise they should know where the airport is

Good point. It would appear that many of them have been incited towards hatred and brainwashed by BLM propaganda. When we see BLM protestors in this clear-cut case, making false accusations of racism, and inciting people towards violence, it shows the true colours of some of these agitators, with their 'defund the police' nonsense.

It is divisive and does no good for anyone. The fact that they are using the deaths of others to promote their message of hate, just makes it even worse.

• Advertisement

Question is, if it happened in Nigeria, what would have been the outcome and result.

My family and friends in Africa have said this outcry is all nonsense and the outcome was justified.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement