Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Sad to report that I was right. Fools and their money comes to mind. https://www.gofundme.com/f/72z2pw-funeral-costs-for-george-nkencho

Christ. Morons

It's for funeral costs. Would I donate to it myself, no...but if people feel sorry for him off they go.

How do they know whether or not his family cannot afford a funeral or even want this fundraiser?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

I wonder what Hazel would think if this scumbag tried to turn over her family's take away smashing her father up in the process?

It must be said, aside from all this, the amount of grooming for the Dail/ Seanad this wagon gets on a national level from what is meant to be an impartial media is astounding.

An Irish Times search of her name yields 102 results, many of these linked to either opinion pieces or 1 on 1 interviews.

An Independent.ie search yields 106 results.

This is for a local councillor representing a small subset of the DCC area who holds an honorary annually rotated mayoral position.

It is astounding levels of free PR for a local councillor in what is, despite their position in the coalition, a fringe interest national party.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,771 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

This is such irresponsible language.

https://twitter.com/hazechu/status/1344391682033410049

What "divisions"?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

McCrack wrote: »
    I watched the video recording many times

It appears armed suspect is going into the house and is shot once from behind by an ASU member, he turns and swings the knife at the ASU member and is shot a further four times

The fifth shot being the last shot appears to be fired as suspect is falling to the ground

Now I'm not suggesting the force used was disproportionate to the threat but I would be raising questions based on the video. If the ASU member feared for the safety of person or persons in the house as suspect goes to enter then yes but we don't know the full facts yet. The last shot again appears questionable.

It's not as open/shut at this point as people may think.

What video do you have access to where you can clearly see the guy enter the house and get shot with his back turned?

Only clips I've seen are from a video taken from quite some distance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Hazel Chu should be removed straight away.

But as she's Chinese good luck with that.

Oh what a corner we are backing ourselves into blindly in this country..

Slippery slope. They know well what they're doing though. Using race as their fulcrum to get where they want to be at any cost. When an event like this happens it really shows who the true scum are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,936 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Sad to report that I was right. Fools and their money comes to mind. https://www.gofundme.com/f/72z2pw-funeral-costs-for-george-nkencho

Does anyone want to chip in for a box of plasters for that poor person that got their nose smashed in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

tdf7187 wrote: »
    Oh there's no great mystery to it, none at all in fact. UCD, Trinity, most if not all of third level academia are fully imbedded into the SJW establishment, along with the Irish Times and RTE. The Indo is an outlier of resistance (for the time being), though I dislike the paper for other reasons.

Never has to or will have to face the real world and fend for themselves as mammy and daddy has their back.

That guilty feeling makes them latch onto these sob stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭French Toast

Jesus Christ, this Irish #BLM brigade will be hard to stomach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

But as she's Chinese good luck with that.

I'd imagine most Chinese in this country who keep an eye on national politics would be appalled at the causes this yoke endorses. They tend to be hard working like. And if they saw their best chance of success as being outside a communist state I can't imagine she offers them much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I trust GSOC to make the right decision here tbh, the outrage will die down soon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Does anyone want to chip in for a box of plasters for that poor person that got their nose smashed in

Yes. Gladly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Jesus Christ, this Irish #BLM brigade will be hard to stomach.

They've been waiting for this for ages, praying for it. They're loving it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Whatever your opinion on the circumstances surrounding his death, his family are blameless and now have to bury someone they loved. Funerals are expensive and a fundraiser gives them one less thing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Be right back

I would donate if there was an account set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Katie B has a very vague description of what happened today.

Is Katie B a former Nigerian General who wants to give you one million dollars to help him deposit the national treasury?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

How do they know whether or not his family cannot afford a funeral or even want this fundraiser?

I bet Katie is white and just assumed his family can't afford a funeral :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

My Instagram and Facebook accounts are riddled with posts about the Black Lives Matter movement again and how this was a racist attack on an innocent black man.

Are these people stupid. This shooting had absolutely nothing to do with the man being black. He was shot as he was running towards a guard with a knife. Self defence. Nothing at all to do with race.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,486 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Isn’t it it kind of ironic and sad that anti racism is becoming more dangerous and divisive than racism?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I have reported that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭KyussB

This was actually just censored on Reddit. Bizarre. Usually it's the other way around with Boards/Reddit - but they've actually done significantly worse, for once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

This is such irresponsible language.

https://twitter.com/hazechu/status/1344391682033410049

What "divisions"?

The ones she's creating by implying the Gardai that handled that situation are racist and used excessive force because the guy was black. Its all outlined in that "good thread" she's promoting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

KyussB wrote: »
    This was actually just censored on Reddit. Bizarre. Usually it's the other way around with Boards/Reddit - but they've actually done significantly worse, for once.

Reddit is a million times worse for censorship recently.

I don't know where everyone gets the idea reddit is not biased. It's a complete echo chamber.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I didn't realise he was black till now but I did think earlier why did they have to shoot a guy who only had a knife and there were so many of them, am I alone thinking that way? Haven't seen any videos. Just because it so rarely happens in Ireland that the Garda shoot anyone.
    The fact that he's black could be messy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭DeadHand

.anon. wrote: »
    Whatever your opinion on the circumstances surrounding his death, his family are blameless and now have to bury someone they loved. Funerals are expensive and a fundraiser gives them one less thing to worry about.

They should have worried more about raising their child to be a decent human being instead of a violent criminal.

It starts in the home.

I can tell you now, I would gladly donate to a go fund me for the security guard.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,486 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I didn't realise he was black till now but I did think earlier why did they have to shoot a guy who only had a knife and there were so many of them, am I alone thinking that way? Haven't seen any videos. Just because it so rarely happens in Ireland that the Garda shoot anyone.
    The fact that he's black could be messy though.

Knives are lethal weapons that can kill!!

I can tell you now, I would gladly donate to a go fund me for the security guard.

I was thinking about that but he'll likely face reprisals if he gets much attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

...but I did think earlier why did they have to shoot a guy who only had a knife and there were so many of them, am I alone thinking that way?

You're not alone, no. It's not a 15:1 arm wrestle where numbers count.

It could be 100:1 and the guy with the knife will almost certainly stab at least the first two or three people who try to take him down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Leafyellow111

"But we're different in this country. In America they just shoot black people for no reason. Here our police only shoot in self defence"

Almost all of the killings BLM protest is of criminals resisting arrest, including George Floyd. Gonna be class seeing the same social media gob****es out protesting, when they were the ones telling us to stay at home.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement