Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

How do people know they were filming it from inside the house? Do the guards have that footage?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gothic Insanity

alias no.9 wrote: »
    No doubt to pour her heart out recounting the stress and anxiety she suffers from being attacked on twitter

Someone should point out to her she can delete her twitter. Problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭wandererz

New Years 2020/2021 takeaway:

"Bullets are not meant for certain people.
    White's, Asians and others are fine though."

I wonder how many White & Asian people have been shot by black cops in the US.
    I'm sure there must be more than a few. Somehow never hear about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭grassylawn

Convictions, criminality, character, mental health are all as irrelevant as his skin colour. He was not shot to punish him. He was shot to save the life of the man he was about to plunge a knife into.

The guard who did it should be looking at getting a medal, not getting death threats.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭secman

PsychoPete wrote: »
    There is now a gofundme for a commemorative plauge for George

Inscription " Live by the sword..die by the sword"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

Someone posted the text on the previous page.

A newspaper in a foreign jurisdiction would be more free to publish details. I think that is a universal truth. It is not necessarily linked to anything more sinister

No, the liable laws apply equally if the paper is circulated in the jurisdiction. Also, Sunday Time is published and printed in the Republic - just a heads up in case like much in the thread the truth becomes fiction!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

jmreire wrote: »
    It now appears that they had a barring order taken out against him,,,

And where did you get that information from? Did you just make it up?

How can you have a barring order against you but still live at the same address?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Effects wrote: »
    And where did you get that information from? Did you just make it up?

How can you have a barring order against you but still live at the same address?

According to the Sunday Times, they had a protective order and he didn't live there...

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Their experience is based on watching Mark Wahlberg run and jump over cars to tackle perps in blue bloods. They've never dealt with the reality of trying to hold down a 9st addict who's telling you he's got a knife in his pocket......

Unfortunately, Mark Wahlberg is not the best example to use in this case.
    Just Google his name and racist attack or Vietnamese attack.

Nice guy, but...

wandererz wrote: »
    Unfortunately, Mark Wahlberg is not the best example to use in this case.
    Just Google his name and racist attack or Vietnamese attack.

Nice guy, but...

I couldn't remember his characters name....... I know its Reagan, but they all are, that's the show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

bush wrote: »
    How do people know they were filming it from inside the house? Do the guards have that footage?

it was mentioned in one of the papers they have a recording of his death
    Plus soon after two videos went around watsapp which is clearly from the house, they are recording the paramedics working on him, then another of them taking him away

That is the family? bit strange to be recording, even more odd is to then share it around watsapp

I seen a video from an upstairs window angle from above.

I took that to be from next door.
    According to the Independent, he didn’t have any criminal convictions. https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/garda-worry-over-nkencho-shooting-lies-39924798.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I said it here a few days ago that I was in no doubt this man was suffering from severe mental health issues. The way he lunged at AGS and brutally attacked Wayne in Eurospar from the accounts of Waynes co-worker.

Mental illness doesn’t give indemnity to one of facing consequences of their actions though. George was failed for sure, but not by An Garda Siochana. It would’ve started with his family, friends and at a state level the Health Service Executive.

For years the HSE have been cutting funding from mental health services. Take my home town of Thurles for example, staff shortages and the closure of psychiatric hospital in Clonmel meant people with moderate to severe mental health problems were bused into the town at 9am for medications and left to roam Liberty Square until 5pm.

A young school girl I know from nearby Drombane was assaulted by one of these St. Mary’s patients because she was laughing on the phone to her friend about something. The man who is in his 60s and well known to be violent came up and punched her in the face accusing her of laughing at him. My father was almost attacked by one of these patients because he was hearing voices he presumed was my dad. It got so bad that at one point Bus Éireann temporarily moved bus scoile services into the yards of the school. With Covid around, thankfully they aren’t bringing these patients into the town anymore.

“Care in the community“ is a scam to divert resources to other parts of the HSE (mostly admin) These people were institutionalised for good reason for the safety of the general public.

" care in the community " is a creation of the left , the same left who lobbied for years to have the old style mental institutions closed , while its certainly the case that some people were committed on highly dubious grounds , many were much better off inside , much safer , they ended up homeless or in prison upon release

there are also many today who would be much safer in a controlled enviroment for extended periods but apparently its " cruel "

• Registered Users Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Twitter is insane, I'd love to meet people like that in real life. Absolutely no mention of the man this guy slashed in the face, mentally and physically scarring the guy for life. Something like that could give you PTSD for years.

All these bleeding hearts talking about MH services etc. Its actually bizzare, I'm going to assume this has always been the human populace but twitter is just giving me an insight into these loonies who id have otherwise never met.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    "Scattered public order incidents followed, including outside the Hartstown Eurospar where Mr Nkencho had attacked the manager. A small group of young people banged on the shutters as staff and customers hid inside."

No mention of what every single person heard and seen - spitting at the ordinary shoppers and workers shuttered inside while racist abuse was thrown at them.

No mention of alighting on Blanch S/C intimidating shoppers and workers alike, more shuttered premises.

No mention of attacking/intimidating people and guards outside the CircleK, or drivers on the street or stopping and spitting and kicking at buses outside Blanch S/C

No mention of the Nkencho brother rabble rousing on a megaphone using incendiary language.

The Irish Times is yet again failing to report fully due to impartiality.

If this year has shown us anything it's to not trust mainstream media in this country one bit. We're being lied to ALL the time.

I couldn't remember his characters name....... I know its Reagan, but they all are, that's the show.

No. I am not talking about his character.

I mean Google "Mark Wahlberg" and racist attack on Vietnamese guy.

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Ah now, if he has a history of mental health issues that lead to behaviour like the last day then they surely would have got him sectioned?

its almost impossible to get someone involuntarily sectioned nowadays ( being admitted and then released twenty four hours later does not count )

liberals lobbied for it to be this way

Twitter is insane, I'd love to meet people like that in real life. Absolutely no mention of the man this guy slashed in the face, mentally and physically scarring the guy for life. Something like that could give you PTSD for years.

All these bleeding hearts talking about MH services etc. Its actually bizzare, I'm going to assume this has always been the human populace but twitter is just giving me an insight into these loonies who id have otherwise never met.

Probably because he doesn't exist, that photo is of a football fan in England.

Lots of talk of the store manager he assaulted though. Even a GoFundMe
    https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-wayne-in-his-recovery?utm_campaign=m_pd+share-sheet&utm_medium=copy_link_all&utm_source=customer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

What's important to note too is these folk don't do debate. She be rinsed if she was on TV debating about a 'butterknife' .

I seem to remember her getting schooled by Niall Boylan on one of the late night shows.

Boylan, much like Ian O'Doherty, seems to be unwelcome on this type of thing anymore for not participating in the status quo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

If this year has shown us anything it's to not trust mainstream media in this country one bit. We're being lied to ALL the time.

Yeah that's been my takeaway from 2020, can't be straying from the agenda.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Louis Friend

wandererz wrote: »
    No. I am not talking about his character.

I mean Google "Mark Wahlberg" and racist attack on Vietnamese guy.

It’s Donnie Wahlberg who’s in Blue Bloods

Their experience is based on watching Mark Wahlberg run and jump over cars to tackle perps in blue bloods. They've never dealt with the reality of trying to hold down a 9st addict who's telling you he's got a knife in his pocket......

Get your facts right bud! It’s Donnie Wahlberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Probably because he doesn't exist, that photo is of a football fan in England.

Lots of talk of the store manager he assaulted though. Even a GoFundMe
    https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-wayne-in-his-recovery?utm_campaign=m_pd+share-sheet&utm_medium=copy_link_all&utm_source=customer

Who doesn't exist? And what photo are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Donnie whalberg is in blue bloods not mark.

Get your facts right bud! It’s Donnie Wahlberg.
    It’s Donnie Wahlberg who’s in Blue Bloods

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/dec/11/mark-wahlberg-1988-assault-victim-pardon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Lumen wrote: »
    That's not how mental health services work, in my experience.

As soon as the person is an adult, they have to take responsibility for their own care and the most that family members can do is assist and support from the sidelines, and occasionally participate in certain types of therapy with the consent of the adult in question and professionals involved. Care and treatment is provided confidentially, and you have no right to know what's going on.

Additionally, if there is any substance abuse involved a diagnosis is impossible, and drugs can be a factor particularly in times of crisis (though I'm talking in general terms, as I know nothing about this case).

This stuff is not straightforward at all.

If someone is psychotic, anyone can fill out Form 4 to have them assessed and sectioned against their will if necessary. Gardai can also do this, or a local authorised officer (generally a local MH Nurse)

https://www.mhcirl.ie/for_H_Prof/Forms/Statutory_Forms/

Burkie1203 wrote: »

thats Twitter super Wanker Philip o Connor

biggest WOKE tosspot on the planet and a major promoter of the " far right " bogeyman myth

would you believe RTE regularly use him as " our man in sweden " ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Gardai have debunked 32 conviction nonsense.

He tried to kill a gardai having threatened members of the public with a knife after assaulting someone quite seriously.

Also, the Nkencho family solicitor released a statement. If they have a family solicitor they don't need a gofundme page for funeral costs

Where have the Gardai debunked this? Did they make an official statement? Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

To a point, but Twitter has magnified it a hundred-fold and given anyone with a mobile phone a global platform to spout stuff that previously would have been relegated to The Sun or the National Enquirer.

Add to that the evident NEED that many (especially in Ireland) seem to have for approval and validation, and being vocally "on message" with whatever crusade or cause is the trend of the day/week/month, and you get what you're seeing now.

It was one thing when this stuff was confined to a small corner of cyberspace, but it's seeping increasingly into the real world now through legitimisation by the likes of RTE and the BBC who regurgitate it on their own platforms, and the staffing of media companies by people who've been living on/through these social media platforms for years now.

It's actually very dangerous for a society like ours where none of the identity politics, race wars, or other such agendas have any place but where we seem to be soaking up the worst of it and trying to shoe-horn it into our culture and everyday lives.

As I've said before, forget about taxing these companies, it's regulation that's needed.

• Advertisement

Who doesn't exist? And what photo are you talking about?

Nobody was slashed, punched and attacked yes, not slashed...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement