Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

I've seen the Hungarian police quell a Neo-Nazi attempt to disrupt a gay pride parade, in a country not known for tolerating gay pride in the first place. It wasn't pretty but neither was the sight of Neo-Nazis encouraging their kids to throw stones at gay people. I've also seen the French CRS deal with football hooligans. No guff tolerated by either police force. You play stupid games,you will win stupid prizes, at the point of a police baton, as required.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

If this year has shown us anything it's to not trust mainstream media in this country one bit. We're being lied to ALL the time.
    OS_Head wrote: »
    I wouldn't just say it was this country. MSM in general, from Hollywood to any of the Evening news broadcasts to all of the Newspapers, they all have an agenda. If the truth goes against their agenda then it's not published and usually the opposite is claimed.

1531860595.jpeg

Mod:

Get back on topic.

If you want to discuss this further then I advise you both to visit the Conspiracy Theory Forum

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

All the heroes on this thread. Has anyone here ever tried to control someone having a psychotic episode or someone high on drugs?
    I have, the lunatic calmed down, when the armed police arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Seen this sort of stuff posted a bit. Not sure we should be aspiring to be like Poland or Romania.

Why? Poland have just created a great law that stops tech companies from suppressing free speech, while we're doing the opposite with our hate speech laws. The positives of Poland outweigh the negatives, especially if you are a traditionalist.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Wouldn't hurt a fly i tells ya .... the full story always comes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

The racism brigade on Twitter are having a field day with this story.

Shouting down people because there are no "facts" that the perpetrator was a bold boy. Yet they have been screaming that AGS conducted a racially motivated murder of an innocent young man....obviously despite them having no "facts"

Really harming actual victims of racism, well in my view.

• Ah of course there’s the obligatory “Irish people are soft” post :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Ah of course there’s the obligatory “Irish people are soft” post :rolleyes:

And of course its correct

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Shouting down people because there are no "facts" that the perpetrator was a bold boy. Yet they have been screaming that AGS conducted a racially motivated murder of an innocent young man....obviously despite them having no "facts"

Liberal left at it’s finest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭hynesie08

The same ones saying that he's not a criminal (despite the fact he has had convictions quashed or thrown out) are the same ones who tweeted "not guilty doesn't mean innocent" after a certain trial a few years ago.

I'd bet money on it.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Ah of course there’s the obligatory “Irish people are soft” post :rolleyes:

Yes we are soft,. soft on crime,soft on insurance fraud etc..
    I will say that the Gardaí have certainly done and do their utmost on their particular side of things and have really toughened up certainly in recent years..they are Policing our Country as best they can with what they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

I don't believe this was a racist killing at all, but we should not kid ourselves that Ireland is free of racism. It would be a great shame if the BS in response to this case was to retard the course of eliminating racism in Ireland.

For the record, the racism I have witnessed has been from young scumbags directed towards blacks and asians. I have never seen racist treatment of people by "official" Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Didn’t Poland elect a homophobic president recently and are in the bad books of the EU because the government is trying to control the judiciary?

Isn’t there a scandal in Romania currently because they watered down disinfectant in hospitals to save money and caused an outbreak of Covid?

More people from both of those countries want to come here than vice versa...and Irish people are generally very proud of their country.

Is that really the best you can come up with re: Romania?! The absolute sh1t show that is the HSE and their management of Covid overshadows anything they've done/failed to do. At least in Romania they are strictly enforcing movement limits (my otther half is from Oradea). They also don't record case numbers on pen and paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,446 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Brid going full on again.

Now going the whole it wasn't a machete angle to try worm her way out.

Please please people put us put of our misery at the Balot box next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Officers say they had previously been called to deal with disturbances arising from his behaviour at the house in Manorfields. Members of the family had obtained protection orders against the young man on the basis that he posed a threat to their safety.

Nkencho did not live at the family home but had various addresses in Ireland and Britain. Some sources believe he was moving between properties in Ireland while others say he had returned from the UK to spend Christmas with his family.

The above line from the Times article sort of flies in the face of the brothers assertions on Thursday about the family not being able to carry on without his brother around seen as they didnt want him near them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

boombang wrote: »
    I don't believe this was a racist killing at all, but we should not kid ourselves that Ireland is free of racism. It would be a great shame if the BS in response to this case was to retard the course of eliminating racism in Ireland.

For the record, the racism I have witnessed has been from young scumbags directed towards blacks and asians. I have never seen racist treatment of people by "official" Ireland.

Wherever there are humans there will be prejudices and tribalism and in multicultural societies we will call it racism. But really its just humans being humans. Nowhere is free of it and no one demographic or race owns it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

There is a difference between mistakes and deliberate acts. You know when your health minister is saying about the health system that “everything beneath me is rotten, corrupt, demotivated. They don’t give a **** about anything out there” that you have a problem. The guy’s name is Vlad Voiculescu.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Meleftone

I haven't seen it mentioned but would the armed response officers not have body cams?

Maybe working with you drove them to drink haha. Any polish I know work their arse off and send most money home. I live in an area full of them due to the abundance of farm work here.

I never said they weren't hard workers or how much they send home. I said they were all, to a man, big time garglers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Once again, can we please stay on topic - this is not the thread to discuss multiculturalism - we have another thread here

Discussion of Polish or Romanian people working in Ireland is not needed in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

There is a difference between mistakes and deliberate acts. You know when your health minister is saying about the health system that “everything beneath me is rotten, corrupt, demotivated. They don’t give a **** about anything out there” that you have a problem. The guy’s name is Vlad Voiculescu.

Mistake? They knew for weeks before recalling it. Also the tender to supply the sanitiser went to a stationary company. €7.5m for defective sanitiser. I’m sure heads will roll and there was nothing corrupt about the rewarding of the contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

boombang wrote: »

Every single country in the world has racism. It's a human trait sadly and never won't be. No matter how much money is thrown at it, how many ad campaigns etc its always going to exist. It always has been and always will be. I'm a white Irish fella and I've experienced racism on my world travels. But I just brushed it off. As some of you saw in those videos from Blanchardstown a few days ago, some of those protesting were extremely racist. But somehow its completely glossed over..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Meleftone wrote: »
    I haven't seen it mentioned but would the armed response officers not have body cams?

No. It was initially mentioned that following this incident they should have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

hynesie08 wrote: »
    he has had convictions quashed or thrown out.....

Have you a source to verify this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Presuming the 15 or so black people that got off in Colbert Station were at some protest in Dublin. Non essential journey in a pandemic. I was confronted by a bus driver here (CIE bus) trying to get out to UHL ffs. Referral letter in hand clearly with UHL yadda yadda yadda Limerick.

What happened to the Gardaí at Heuston questioning commuters?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

Any word on the protests in Balbriggin?

Presuming the 15 or so black people that got off in Colbert Station were at some protest in Dublin. Non essential journey in a pandemic. I was confronted by a bus driver here (CIE bus) trying to get out to UHL ffs. Referral letter in hand clearly with UHL yadda yadda yadda Limerick.

What happened to the Gardaí at Heuston questioning commuters?

I traveled to Cork via train in November during lockdown and I never saw a Garda.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭hynesie08

The Sunday world.
    Although George Nkencho was arrested during a previous incident at his home on Manorfields Drive in Hartstown last January, the matter was later dealt with under the provisions of the Mental Health Act.

Sources also say that two minor matters over which Mr Nkencho was charged in the past were subsequently struck out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

hynesie08 wrote: »
    The Sunday world.

Have you a reliable source to verify it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,283 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Every single country in the world has racism. It's a human trait sadly and never won't be. No matter how much money is thrown at it, how many ad campaigns etc its always going to exist. It always has been and always will be. I'm a white Irish fella and I've experienced racism on my world travels. But I just brushed it off. As some of you saw in those videos from Blanchardstown a few days ago, some of those protesting were extremely racist. But somehow its completely glossed over..

This is it in a nutshell..

Constantly highlighting racism, poking it and trying to find it everywhere is doing more harm than good. Anti racism is now more dangerous than racism..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement