Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Until the start of the pandemic I had the misfortune to share an office with Ebun Joseph.

It was the most stressful time of my life.

Everyone walked on eggshells. She would tell you to make sure to watch her tv appearances but no comments were welcome unless you agreed with her and condemned the other “side”.

She constantly told everyone Irish that they needed educating and that “it’s not your fault you are filled with hate for others”.

Once a colleague complimented on her hair and she lost it saying she only got compliments when she was “forced into colonial styles of beauty”.

A ugly person both inside and out and to find her proclaiming a thug as a “gentle soul” is not surprising. For someone who says she is anti racist she sure threw a lot of it at her colleagues.

We need to take the gloves off with people like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Until the start of the pandemic I had the misfortune to share an office with Ebun Joseph.

It was the most stressful time of my life.

Everyone walked on eggshells. She would tell you to make sure to watch her tv appearances but no comments were welcome unless you agreed with her and condemned the other “side”.

She constantly told everyone Irish that they needed educating and that “it’s not your fault you are filled with hate for others”.

Once a colleague complimented on her hair and she lost it saying she only got compliments when she was “forced into colonial styles of beauty”.

A ugly person both inside and out and to find her proclaiming a thug as a “gentle soul” is not surprising. For someone who says she is anti racist she sure threw a lot of it at her colleagues.

Oh please please give some more dirt.

I do hope you and others question her on Twitter as I can no more..,

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

Lot more to it then that.

They had actually called for an ambulance well before this, he was a very dangerous man, armed fellon, didn't comply and took a sh1t load of drugs so he wouldn't be caught in possession.....

The police were actually trained this way which now has been updated but to prevent the criminal from harming others or themselves such as banging head, spitting, actually getting hold of an officer gun yes this van happen even handcuffed and many officers have lost their lives to this.

Please go and educate yourself before you turn this into an American debate which has no place here in Eìre

The circumstantial video suggests otherwise where he told multiple times that he couldnt breathe. There is a limit to what you can spout.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭voldejoie

Gatling wrote: »
    Senator ruaune on Instagram.

"Check in on your friends in the black community"

The woke politicals are beyond a joke at this stage
    hamburgham wrote: »
    Did she actually finish her degree at Trinity?

Remember seeing her in a debate on something with Michael McDowell. Not a fan of McDowell but he was so far above her intellectually that he looked embarrassed and didn’t really say anything when he could have crushed her in the debate. Similar to how you would kind of humour a child,you could see that he couldn’t take her seriously.Probably a bit insulting for Mc Dowell to be asked to debate with someone so far below him intellectually.She has a little bit of education now but still no idea how much she doesn’t know.

I think she did finish the degree, with a 2.2 IIRC. The degree was never what she was interested in though, a foundation to spring into an ineffectual political career was what it was all about.

Our time in Trinity overlapped, and I had the very unpopular opinion of not thinking she was the best thing since sliced bread. It honestly blew my mind seeing how much people bent over backwards to facilitate her and extoll her virtues, both then when she was launching her student politics campaign, and later her Seanad campaign.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

hamburgham wrote: »
    Did she actually finish her degree at Trinity?

Remember seeing her in a debate on something with Michael McDowell. Not a fan of McDowell but he was so far above her intellectually that he looked embarrassed and didn’t really say anything when he could have crushed her in the debate. Similar to how you would kind of humour a child,you could see that he couldn’t take her seriously.Probably a bit insulting for Mc Dowell to be asked to debate with someone so far below him intellectually.She has a little bit of education now but still no idea how much she doesn’t know.

She is proof positive of the constant lowering of the bar for a certain section of our society.

We don't expect these people to actually improve themselves but rather just give them opportunities that they haven't earned and turn a blind eye to their failings.

Then you end up with people like her and Ebun. Morons who are drunk on their own self importance dictating to the rest of us while barely being able to string a coherent sentence together. Question them and you are called racist/classist/sexist.

Clown World.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Guerillabear

Not sure if this has been shared, but I just watched a video of George’s brother Emmanuel speaking at a protest.

//twitter.com/mohammedpbuh12/status/1345803154240237569?s=21

Can’t share links but if you put a https there you will see it

It is essentially a list of demands for black people to be given land, businesses, and power in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I am concerned that UCD are happy to have Ebun on staff. Maybe they are afraid to terminate or not renew her contract though in the world we live in today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Entitled prick

Aside from ihis general rudeness it is important to clarify for people that his argument is not valid. If you do the maths on the 100 people who received compensation for slavery, it is a drop in the ocean of the wealth of the country in 1827 and of course Ireland was a very poor developing country at a time. In no way whatsoever is Ireland's current wealth attributed to capital that existed in the country in 1827. The same applies to the UK. People who make these arguments don’t understand economics. They think there is only so much money in the system and that rich people take it from others, when in reality wealth is created anytime utility is created. I could make the same arguement back and point to enormous sums of money that flowed into Africa for hundreds of years paying African slave merchants but I wouldnt as it is a stupid arguement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭amacca

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Really need to completely revamp who we let into the country.

https://twitter.com/orlaredchan/status/1345789778701262849?s=19

Such ****...not the aspiration to own businesses and property but the inference that he is being prevented from doing so...id say nothing coukd be further from the truth

How would that guy square that with all the other successful non white business people you can see around the place

I cant talk to someone that looks like me.....perhaps that's because there wasnt that much inward migration into the country until about 20/30 years ago....maybe very few have applied or shown interest in the gards etc

These people falsely claiming racism are doing more to create it than anyone else as far as I can see

I am concerned that UCD are happy to have Ebun on staff. Maybe they are afraid to terminate or not renew her contract though in the world we live in today.

Most of this nonsense gets its start on college campuses before being spread out into the wider world.

They are probably delighted to have someone like her on staff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Really need to completely revamp who we let into the country.

https://twitter.com/orlaredchan/status/1345789778701262849?s=19

That right there is a racist African man with a persecution complex.

Renjit wrote: »
    The circumstantial video suggests otherwise where he told multiple times that he couldnt breathe. There is a limit to what you can spout.

Go look at the videos in full including all the officers cams....

I didn't say he deserves to die that day but the drug tox reports show it....

He wouldn't comply, the officers were worried about him and clearly called for medical assistance early on, before he was on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gothic Insanity

Not sure if this has been shared, but I just watched a video of George’s brother Emmanuel speaking at a protest.

//twitter.com/mohammedpbuh12/status/1345803154240237569?s=21

Can’t share links but if you put a https there you will see it

It is essentially a list of demands for black people to be given land, businesses, and power in Ireland.

I too would like the things for free please..... Honestly they will just have to earn it, like we all do....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭amacca

That's it afaic....theyve created a monster they are afraid of..........the course too, all for the fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 leedsforever

Renjit wrote: »
    America has another issue with trigger happy cops. No one in their right mind will defend a cop suffocating to death someone with their knee,.

That was an exception. Most shootings are ruled justified when the WHOLE story comes out. BTW we average 4-5 armed carjackings a day here in Chicago and we had just under 700 shooting deaths in 2020. That’s what happens when you make it impossible for cops to do their job. Sure they will do wrong sometimes but don’t throw the baby out with the bath water just to score political points in the name of some social justice crusade. Btw, about 3 of the above shooting deaths were by police returning fire.

Can you imagine what would happen if a white Irish person started going around demanding to "speak to someone who looked like him".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Beltby

With his hand out demanding stuff.

Get a job and buy your own land. After all, you're well qualified to get a good job according to your own speech there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

We Irish should give back the lands we have taken away from them all.

Just like in Zimbabwe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭Damien360

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    Africans weren't deported to Europe against their will, they can leave anytime if they don't like here.
    Actually, they are very welcome to do so.

That’s just silly. I work with a Nigerian man with a college degree from Nigeria in Science and has lived and worked here for years. He will tell you he is Irish first and grateful for the opportunity he has been given. He has an Irish passport. That is the type of person we need, a higher educated man that can go to work instantly and contribute to the tax system and completely hold his own without state handouts, which is exactly what he does.

What we dont need is more uneducated people of any nationality. We have plenty of uneducated, unemployed Irish and don't need additional people like that.

We in Ireland like to empower the uneducated, that somehow they can have everything without having to work for it. And it is tearing society apart at the seems. Education, education, education has to the mantra. Even if you drop out of school, your education can continue in a trade and you will make good money and contribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Start a business. Buy a business. Buy shares. Buy a house. Put your megaphone down and get a job. They don't really want to work though, do they? They don't want equality at all. They'll ensure they keep themselves marginalised with that nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

“We need land, we need property” nothing is stopping him from owning both. Once he works and buys it.
    There is morning stopping anyone from being the maker of their own future.

Bloody victim mentality

That was an exception. Most shootings are ruled justified when the WHOLE story comes out. BTW we average 4-5 armed carjackings a day here in Chicago and we had just under 700 shooting deaths in 2020. That’s what happens when you make it impossible for cops to do their job. Sure they will do wrong sometimes but don’t throw the baby out with the bath water just to score political points in the name of some social justice crusade. Btw, about 3 of the above shooting deaths were by police returning fire.

I would say it was even more scary with the BLM and antifa riots.....

Beltby wrote: »
    With his hand out demanding stuff.

Get a job and buy your own land. After all, you're well qualified to get a good job according to your own speech there.

I'll give him that, he is very well spoken and seems to have a head screwed on just his thoughts are way off from reality....

Reminds me of Dougal from father Ted....

Dreams and reality....

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

Again, I can provide more examples here about police brutality on white Americans too. The issue is systemic. And it extends beyond America. Watch blackwater footages available. Privatized military. Countless things wrong.

And then there is gun control issue. If someone can buy lethal weapon like grocery shopping then there is large probability of it spiraling out. How much do you see such instances in EU/nordic countries?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,808 ✭✭✭hynesie08

jrosen wrote: »
    “We need land, we need property” nothing is stopping him from owning both. Once he works and buys it.
    There is morning stopping anyone from being the maker of their own future.

Bloody victim mentality

The inability to own property is not a black problem, it's a "ireland is built around Dublin and no attempt to build up has been made" problem.

To be fair the US is massive with tens of thousands of excellent law enforcement officers who face a much higher likelihood of being shot each day than any other western 1st world economy. There's bound to be incidents like GF.

It's just funny how this incident is being compared to what happened here. They're nothing alike - aside from both individuals being black.

The people are shouting racism seem to be very positive-discrimination when it comes to this. I don't think their ethnicity has anything to do with either case imo.

FGR wrote: »
    To be fair the US is massive with tens of thousands of excellent law enforcement officers who face a much higher likelihood of being shot each day than any other western 1st world economy. There's bound to be incidents like GF.

It's just funny how this incident is being compared to what happened here. They're nothing alike - aside from both individuals being black.

The people are shouting racism seem to be very positive-discrimination when it comes to this. I don't think their ethnicity has anything to do with either case imo.

And being called George

FGR wrote: »

And being called George

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

F*ck me. That auld ****e would sicken your hole.

If they want power, they are free to organise and seek votes, just like every other politician. If they want land, they're free to buy it. If they want businesses, they're free to start trading right now.

He says 100 Irish people were slave owners compensated after the abolition of slavery. That's all well and good but he can feck over to Westminster if he wants compensation for the actions of the Irish protestant ascendancy. While he's there he can tell them that the rest of us in Ireland won't also be arriving over looking for compensation for, say, the 1 million dead and 2 million fled from 1845 to 1851 because we're not going around with a huge chip on our shoulders and expecting the rest of the world to owe us a living and "power".

• Advertisement

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    And being called George

So now it all makes sense

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

In all seriousness - it's frustrating that we're now in a society where had the suspect been white Irish there would have been no mention of any mitigating factor in the incident bar the facts themselves - all gardaí who were at this incident are now being branded as racist for an incident which they were obliged to attend, did the best that could be done; and I'm sure had no wish to end in such a manner.

Many police forces around the world would have dealt with this in a far more aggressive manner - and it would have had nothing to do with the race of the suspect but the protection of themselves and others. Fair play to each and every member there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement